[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found you, faker!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
I found you, faker!
>>
FAKER? I think you're the fake around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha. You're not even good enough to be my ...
The interruption objectively sounds better
>>
>>323270369
I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS
>>
THAT BLUE HEDGEHOG OF ALL PLACES

The treasure hunting and mech stages were fine, it's only rouges stage that suck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU72XlMODgI
>>
>>323270508

Knuckles's shit is just as bad as rouge

I agree that the mech stages are fine though
>>
>>323270628
>Knuckles's shit is just as bad as rouge
nah

Aquatic mine and Death Chamber are bad but the rest is fine.
>>
UNH
I'm the coolest.
>>
So why did the characters stumble over one another's dialogue so much, anyway?
>>
THIS IS THE ULTIMA-
>>
>>323270717
There's a few different theories.
>>
>>323270508
>>323270628
Knuckles>Eggman>MASSIVE FUCKING POWERGAP>>>>>>>>>>Tails=Rouge

I don't like eggman's stages much but tails and rouge's stages are frankly godawful. Knuckles' are okay but nothing special.

I honestly think SA2 is worse than 1 if only because Gamma was only a sixth of the game (and much better designed) than Tails/Eggman, Knuckles had a better scouter, Big was barely anything at all and can be finished in twenty minutes, and Amy was totally fine. Tails is a great alternative to sonic's good gameplay.
>>
>>323270717
They dubbed over it, but never adjusted the actual dialogue lip syncing.

It's spaced out fine in Japanese. English isn't as condense, so it ended up overlapping.

At least that's what I assume.
>>
>>323270717
They stumbled over their own dialog
>I'LL USE Y-
>CHAOS CONTROL
>>
>>323270575
>no interruption
bad!
>>
>>323270575
Waaaaay too overanimated
>>
>>323270717
I think it's because the japanese speech lines were generally shorter than the english ones and when they dubbed it they didn't try to make it fit into the same space of time or change around when speech lines trigger.
>>
LET'S BLAST THROUGH WITH SONIC SPEED!
OKAY!
ALRI---
>>
File: Eggman_robotnik.png (74 KB, 245x346) Image search: [Google]
Eggman_robotnik.png
74 KB, 245x346
What do they say again?
>>
>>323270867
>>323270628
>>323270706
City Escape: A+
Metal Harbor: A
Green Forest: B+
Pyramid Cave: C
Crazy Gadget: E+
Final Rush: C+

Radical Highway: A+
White Jungle: A
Sky Rail: C
Final Chase: C-

Prison Lane: B-
Mission Street: C
Route 101: D
Hidden Base: C
Eternal Engine: D-

Iron Gate: B+
Sand Ocean: C
Lost Colony: C
Weapons bed: B-
Cosmic Wall: A-

Wild Canyon: C+
Pumpkin Hill: A-
Aquatic Mine: D-
Death Chamber: E+
Meteor Herd: B

Dry Lagoon: C+
Egg Quarters: E-
Security Hall: D
Route 280: E-
Mad Space: D
>>
>>323271084

>E
>>
>>323271130
what?
>>
>>323271084

>Final Rush: C+

slow down nigga, where's your taste? It's the best stage.

>City Escape: A+

have you replayed it recently? It's a C at best. I'll give you it has good aesthetics and a GOAT theme, and helped create an awesome stage in generations, but the level itself does not holdup. Kind of like most of the game now that I think about it.
>>
Reminder that Adventure 1 and 2 are better than anything that came after them though Generations and Advance come close.
>>
TERIAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1337872671006.jpg (6 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
1337872671006.jpg
6 KB, 300x303
>>323270102
Aw shit SA2 thread?
>mfw going to this games OST again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UoEp-a7DyQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGt58uPGBrY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ky5Z5XUJng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKS4duPqNyo
>>
Feel that the line interruption with Shadow seemed in-character for Sonic.
>>
>>323270575
VANISH!
>>
>>323271281
>>slow down nigga, where's your taste? It's the best stage.
The part in the middle where you homing attack into the rails on the platforms really knocks it down for me, and rain mechanics in general are iffy in Sa2

>have you replayed it recently? It's a C at best. I'll give you it has good aesthetics and a GOAT theme, and helped create an awesome stage in generations, but the level itself does not holdup. Kind of like most of the game now that I think about it.
Yes, I played it 2 months ago. I also think Sa2 holds up fine; when the HD port came out in 2011/12, I it was exactly as I remembered, for good and bad. I don't think it's aged a day, it was janky back when it came out too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU72XlMODgI
>>
CAN YOU FEEL LIFE
MOVIN' THROUGH YOUR MIND
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH
LOOKS LIKE IT CAME BACK FOR MORE!
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!
>>
I freaking loved this game as a kid.

So much content.
Seriously tho, the game should have just been entirely Sonic/Shadow stages. I can still hear that BRRRRRRRRRRRRR sound from Tails/Eggman stages in my sleep.
Also the last Sonic game to have good original characters. Shadow is a great addition (at least at first), and Rouge is a much better furry tits than Krystal from Star Fox.
>>
>>323270995
THE MORE THE MERRIER
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.