[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HandHelds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: DrPavel.png (342 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
DrPavel.png
342 KB, 640x360
So, I have some extra money now, and I have not owned a Handheld since a Gameboy Advance. What are the pros/con of the VITA/N3DS?

I also want to play RPG games probably first and foremost
>>
File: 3425232.jpg (161 KB, 848x1174) Image search: [Google]
3425232.jpg
161 KB, 848x1174
I just recently got a VITA myself anon, got Freedom Planet and P4 Golden
>>
>>323239651
First off, let us know if you're in the US or in Europe.
That s important because the Vita often gets sold for very affordable 99€ during sales. Usually it even comes bundled with games. You'll need a bigger memory card though, at least from what I heard. I don't own a Vita since the 3DS has games that appeal more to me.
>>
>>323240253
US. and I have been looking at 16GB for the VITA.

What games are must haves for the 3DS?
>>
>>323239892
Chie is top tier
>>
>>323240364
That depends on your tastes. Many people will tell you Monster Hunter 4 but I never could get into the series.

My favorites on the system are:

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising (some people hate the controls though)
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii port)
Super Mario 3D Land
>>
>>323241213
And Kirby Triple Deluxe
>>
>>323239651
I say get 3ds and pirate. The vita is an expensive console.
>>
>>323242982
How ez is it to pirate
>>
>>323243019
There are soo many threads up on the subject right now on /v/, how can you not know.
>>
>>323239892
>Freedom Planet

Wait, Freedom Planet is playable on Vita?

Are you sure you don't mean Freedom Wars?
>>
>>323239651
The 3DS is probably the better choice. It has garbage hardware compared to the Vita, but gets the most high profile games and is also backwards compatible with the DS. Vita mostly gets weeaboo shit with a few gems here and there like Dragon's Crown, but you're forced to buy overpriced memory cards and Sony pretty much abandoned the thing.
>>
>>323243724
Freedom Planet was released for Wii U / PC only, he's talking about Freedom Wars.
>buy game
>can't even get the name right
>>
>>323244716

That's what I thought.

Its a real shame that Freedom Planet didn't get a release on a portable console. I would trade Shovel Knight for a portable Freedom Planet in a heartbeat.
>>
>>323239651
I have both and Vita is definitely the way to go, especially if the GBA was your last handheld. You'll have access to most of the PSP library as well through PSN. It's a slam dunk if you want RPGs.

>>323240364
>What games are must haves for the 3DS?
Exclusives?
Ace Attorney games
Layton games
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon games
FF Awakening
SMTIV

There are a couple good dungeon crawlers, but I wouldn't call them must haves. I was really disappointed by the platformers this time around and wouldn't really recommend any of them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.