[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want out of the next Xenoblade game /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Xenoblade_Official_Art_God_Fight.jpg (434 KB, 2560x1664) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Official_Art_God_Fight.jpg
434 KB, 2560x1664
What do you want out of the next Xenoblade game /v/?
>>
An explanation to XBX's ending.
>>
File: 235.jpg (57 KB, 595x683) Image search: [Google]
235.jpg
57 KB, 595x683
>>323227406
No Sawano And no Western Shit (NLA)
>>
>>323227406
Basically, what X was meant to be going by the Art of Mira book. Looks like that's exactly what we're going to be getting anyway
>>
I just hope they learned enough making X to never try that shit again. X is so much worse thab Xenoblade
>>
Are Bionis and Mechonis in some way related to the psx game?
>>
>>323227406
less handholding

better skell combat

more time to make it
>>
>>323228045
Except in the areas where it's not. Such as:
*Basic combat mechanics (two weapons, tension points, soul voice and secondary cooldowns add so much to the combat)
*Sidequests (more of them in general, actual choices that can affect outcomes, rewards, how characters change)
*Exploration (far improved area design even if the setting of standing on a giant god is more interesting in concept, can go to the ends of each continent from the beginning but may have difficulty accessing certain areas until later, especially with improved mobility options via the Skells)
*Giant Robots (giant robots)
*Music (both games have some outstanding tracks, and XC in particular has some really great combat music, but I find that the area music [gaur plains notwithstanding] is WAY better in general in XBX. I'd enjoy the cutscene music more if not for the fact that having lyrical music in a dialogue-heavy cutscene is a fucking sin and that the music often drowns out the voices in cutscenes, which cannot be fixed because lolnovolumecontrols)
*Visuals (I honestly don't care about graphics too much but it's still a point)
*Customization (down to the QTE effects and triggers, although the skill system is certainly a bit simpler)

The game definitely had a lot more very visible flaws compared to the first Xenoblade, but I find that in general its flaws are largely outweighed by the myriad other improvements.
>>
>>323227772
>no western
I don't think you're ever gonna get no western from takahashi. Dude's an open world westaboo.
>>
>>323229459
>myriad other improvements
Finally, someone that uses the word "myriad" in the correct way
>>
>>323229740
...Who have you been speaking with that didn't know how to use "myriad" correctly?
>>
>>323229854
On /v/ I often see a term akin to "a myriad of things", which, being taught the classical definition, annoys me
>>
>>323229987
You mean the definition wherein it may be used as a unit of ten thousand?
>>
>>323230404
Yes, it's exclusively used that way in Britain
>>
>>323227772
XCX's OST was pretty great desu
>>
>>323230789
Well, I didn't actually mean "ten thousand". I used it as being analogous/synonymous to the word "many". I don't feel that there's much difference as actually saying ten thousand would be an exaggeration for effect.

"a myriad of things" seems a little awkward to me. Although "a lot" can by synonymous with "many", "a lot" is sort of an expression on its own and shouldn't be treated as though the second word (lot) can be replaced with any high value word. It's like saying "a many" or "a ten thousand" to me.

Is that what you mean?
>>
>>323227406
Playable Nopon.
>>
>>323232403
Playable Wrothian.
>>
>>323232610
Cuddleable Wrothian.
>>
>>323227406
Not censored
>>
File: 1341264350072.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1341264350072.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>323227772
>No Sawano
Fuck you
>>
>>323227406
Better party AI
Party members who are more involved in the story
A story that is affected by choices players make throughout the game
Lots of post story content
New Game Plus
Keep or improve the level of art direction
Keep or improve the side quest variety and humor
Continue to evolve the combat system (Perhaps make positioning important for evading attacks and add some sort of defensive button like a dodge roll or block)
More Mecha influences (Maybe differently sized dolls/skells?)
More controls in the options menu
More classes and weapons
>>
No censoring and not on Nintendo plateforms
>>
>>323233881
Never ever faggot. You're only hope for any type of Xeno game coming on the PS4/PC is Xenosaga 4 and I'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't be to happy about them making a game not for their system.
>>
An actual plot.
>>
>>323227772
Keep Sawano, but pull in the reigns on the lyrics and rap a little bit. Shit like Wir Fliegen is pretty good but both NLA themes eventually start to get really dull and repetitive. No lyrics during cutscenes unless it's specifically during a portion of time where you won't be hearing words, but no lyrics doesn't mean no vocals. Chanting, humming, use of voice as an instrument is fine.

>>323233776
Power dive is a sort of evasive art. I'm actually not sure how many arts there are like it.
How about skells within skells?
Fucking audio controls, PLEASE.
A few arts that aren't weapon specific would be nice.

>>323233881
One unlikely, the other impossible.

>>323234087
Well yeah. Nintendo owns Monolith Soft. Shit, Monolith Soft has a team that helps out on Zelda games.
>>
>>323234087
>Xeno 4
That would be so much better than any Blade open world shit desu
>>
>>323234357
Xenosaga was a terrible series you retard. Why would you want Monolith Soft to waste even more time developing something for the series? They already milked the shit out of it earlier.
>>
I really enjoyed Xeno X, so a bigger version of it with an actual story would be very good. There's also a few more points I'd like changed.
Reduce party size from 19 characters to something like 8 or so so they can all travel at the same time. They managed to do it for the final chapter of X, so I'd like for that to be back.
Better mech combat. Right now it's just spamming all your arts and waiting for them to come back. Ground combat is great with overdrive and skills, but mech combat can be improved a lot.
Actual main character instead of an avatar. If they want to keep the avatar thing, then make the players make one for online content, while keeping the main character for the actual story.
>>
>>323234357
Never happening. Xenosaga is of Konami, Xenogears Squeenix. Xenoblade is Nintendo. As long as Nintendo doesn't kick them out, they're good.

I expect general improvement for the next game. I hope the area music is a bit improved cuz honestly...only Sylvalum song is memorable and somehow I stuff the others in a corner. For NLA...no thanks.

Stuff I found missing in latest game:
> lack of tactical battle system (nothing counts as bad as in the previous one)
> 2-3 xenoforms to play with when there are like 10 introduced and quite a few even joined BLADE.
>Actual cities/towns
>Perhaps give another dimension: underwater.
>Proper story like XC and not half assed shit like XCX where there is a definite sequel.
>>
>>323234581
They could do something good with it, and 3 was masterpiece you pleb.
Namco could give the work to a better studio too.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.