[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Miyazaki sama, do you know how we can make the game hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: darksouls1.jpg (400 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls1.jpg
400 KB, 1280x720
>Miyazaki sama, do you know how we can make the game hard and fair?
>No idea, just throw an absurd amount of poorly scripted enemies in tight areas, these western fucks will think it's art
>>
File: 1403040177442.jpg (46 KB, 698x465) Image search: [Google]
1403040177442.jpg
46 KB, 698x465
>sama
>>
cheap bait

capra demon isan ass when you're first starting though
>>
>>323193317
I beat Capra first try. Ceaseless discharge is impossible tho.
>>
The hate dark souls is getting is fucking sad.
>>
>>323193824
I don't know i had most problems so far with his room.

I started a while ago and am now in Anor Londo before the Bossroom pretty much. I play very slow and i guess i have kind of a dex build.
>>
>>323193824
I beat ceaseless discharge first try. Bed of Chaos was annoying tho.
>>
>>323193998
I beat Bed of Chaos first try, Pinwheel was balls in the fireplace hard
>>
>>323193924

The blind dick sucking Dark Souls gets is even more sad and pathetic.
>>
>>323193998
I almost killed him first try then fucked up and died. Thing is, every time I enter the fog gate, CD appears in the distance and casts his fire beam that one shots me. It cannot be dodged since it goes through walls/stairs everything, and I don't have enough time to get closer to the boss. So I enter the gate, get 360 fire beam noscoped, and die.

So fuck it, I'm at the iron golem now, sen's fortress was garbage.
>>
>>323195038
>sen's fortress was garbage

Why would you think that? I really wanna know.
>>
>>323192985
Here is a (you) 4u m80.
>>
>100 mooks in a corridor
This will be easy, they block themselves

>boss in a corridor
For fuck's sake this game is shit
>>
>>323193824
>Ceaseless discharge is impossible tho.

you're fucking shit then desu, all of his attacks are slow and predictable as fuck. you literally don't even need to roll to dodge them you can just walk slightly to the left and he misses.

only boss that was actually hard in this game was gwyn. after dying 20 times i eventually had to just cheese him by getting him to stand on a bunch of rocks and miss all his attacks while i swing at him.
>>
Playing DS for the first time, am I supposed to be running past as many bosses as I am? I ran past the armored saurus leading to the Church, and I skipped the smaller dragonkins once I got to the Valley of the Dragons. Actually I skipped the boss that's before the elevator leading to Valley as well. It just doesn't seem like at a low level, or perhaps with the lesser starting gear, that unless I want to fight any one foe for 20 minutes without missing a step, that I'm just not ready to fight them yet.

It also supports my belief that they're not mandatory or meant to be done right away since you don't get locked in a room with them.
>>
>>323195140
Level design is pretty bad compared to previous areas and I feel like the area wasn't finished. The area give me the same feeling as that windmill were you kill the Medusa in ds2, with the swinging blades and shit. Kinda like they removed stuff from DS1 due to lack of time and reworked it a bit for DS2.
Those snake dudes had a cool design and spooked me the very first time I saw them when they run at you, but they are the easiest enemy so far, got hit like two times.
And the part were the golem shoots rocks at you was poorly done.

What I did like tho is the bottom were you can fall with the sticky water and the giant headless fucks, a bit spoopy5me.
>>
>>323196146
the armored boar doesn't drop anything good, the dragons aren't even mini bosses, and killing the knights is easier if you backstab.
>>
>>323195348
I never get hit by his smash, but I can't avoid his side swiping attack that one shots me. No matter how I time it, i get hit.

>>323196146
These aren't even bosses. And I can't kill the mini dragons either, I must be bad.
>>
>>323196439
I know the dragonkin aren't actually bosses but they're so heavily armored they might as feel like one anyways. I got the sword from the poison dragon just up the path along the cliff to the left, upgraded it a couple of levels, then went back and tried the dragonkin again and it was still shameful. Just sort of tickling them for like 40 damage per swing.
>>
>>323196513
huh. i've killed him twice already and both times the only attacks he used was the tentacle smash, maybe i'm just lucky.
>>
>>323194265
Pinwheel was shit, son. Taurus was the real hard part.
>>
>>323192985
>You will never fight Artorias for the first time
>You attempt to recreate the feeling by watching let's play of people playing DaS1 for the first time
>They all get into the DLC having fully level gear and being level 90
>"Woooow so easy :')"

Just fuck me up now.
>>
>>323196146
bosses have health bars on HUD & are usually white fog

knights are the badass fucks that shit on your soul
you get better at them as you upgrade your weapon and get more consistent at back stabbing them
>>
>>323196914
>Backstab

Pffft
>>
>>323196629

if you haven't rung the second bell yet then you don't even need to be anywhere near there. the hydra at the bottom of the basin is an optional boss.
>>
>>323196513
You know you can make CD kill himself, right? Not even a bug, just run up to him then run back to the fog door and sit as close to it as you can get and he jumps to try and reach you and fails. He even holds on for a bit and stares at you before his grip fails, makes you feel bad for the guy.
>>
>>323196910
>You attempt to recreate the feeling by watching let's play of people playing DaS1 for the first time
Neo souls fanbase...
>>
>>323196629
Dam son, I've just been going "straight" as far as I could tell. So you mean to tell me that at the bottom of Darkroot with those crystalline golems leading up to what looks like a boss from afar (the crystallines scared me off), is the area I should be inspecting for now?
>>
>>323197480
>Not watching comfies let's play of DaS and skipping to the bosses part.
>>
>>323197502
The way you're supposed to go is Lower Undead Burg, which you can access by a door from the tower just after the Taurus Demon and who lead to the drake bridge.
>>
>>323197502
>is the area I should be inspecting for now?
That's more of a side area, you grab the key from the undead parish and go through a door on the side of the dragon bridge with Solaire on it. You will need to do the area with the Crystal Golems, but not until much later.
>>
>>323194656
That's called shitposting, newfag
>>
>>323197957
>>323197697
I'm thoroughly entertained. I appreciate the direction.

After Taurus Demon I basically went and rang the Church Bell and then found my way to Valley of Drakes or New Londo Ruins. I'm glad I went the wrong way.

I enjoy the level design.
>>
>everyone talks up how hard ornsetin and smough are
>kill them on third try
I had more difficulty with the capra demon desu senpai
>>
File: I'm_Gonna_Like_It.jpg (51 KB, 448x488) Image search: [Google]
I'm_Gonna_Like_It.jpg
51 KB, 448x488
What's your favorite boss's name ?

CEASELESS DISCHARGE
>>
>>323198476
only shield pussies have trouble with O&S because they never learned how to dodge
>>
>>323199537
Ornstein
>>
>>323192985
>an absurd amount of poorly scripted enemies

silly casul

the enemy placement in the first 3 Souls games was often very clever and calculated in specific ways to test your patience, cause panic or lure you into an ambush.
The entire game is a mental endurance challenge which penalises you for rushing and not paying attention

its fucking masterful
>>
>>323193924
y'all niggas need another call of duty
now thats a real game bro
>>
>/v/-kama. how can you find a sense of self-worth given your bad hygiene, poor physical attributes, and lack of meaningful education?

>I will find something people on /v/ like and drone on and on about how I didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>323194656
>something something hipster

name a better game you mongoloid degenerate
>>
>>323196265
Well i havent played DS2 yet, because i havent finished 1 so i can't say something about that yet. I had kind of a Indiana Jones Feeling in there honestly. The snake dudes were pretty nice, yeah. I think they're kinda easy because they are the fastest you meet when you get there, when you don't count the daggermob. Isn't all of that pretty much at the beginning?

What i really don't see like you is the level design for itself. You fight your way up just to be in some kind of Labyrinth, that brings you down again and then you find out theres a way up thats faster and up there it's kinda easy to get down once again. The shortcuts are overall pretty awesome in the game and i love those moments when you go trough a door and think "Oh, i am at THIS point."
And actually.. i was too scared to get to the very bottom yet. But i haven't forgotten about the guys down there.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.