[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[[Retrowave Games]]Thread:Status=ENGAGE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1_drift_stage.jpg (43 KB, 508x317) Image search: [Google]
1_drift_stage.jpg
43 KB, 508x317
In the distant future of 2016, evil game corporations bent on total world domination completely forgot what the people known as gamers enjoyed.

These AAA-Class producers of interactive media no longer cared to provide quality entertainment, but instead automated their game production lines to easily fill the market with their syndicated and repetitive clones of earth-filtered military FPS simulations.

A small resistance, known only as RETROWAVE, was determined to bring gaming back to its roots. With creativity and a love for the 1980s, they fought to eradicate the hold of the AAA corporations over the visual arts. They dreamed of a world not mired in a hundred shades of brown, but instead of a rich, colorful universe of neon and lasers.

This thread is a testament to their work and the dream they had of a future paradise that never came to be.
>>
Don't AAA devs ever stop to think "Huh, I wonder how cool it'd be if we actually made this game unique or gave it a more unique visual flair at the least instead of shipping out this bland, boring rehash of a project."?
>>
I want to make a game like this but I'm not smart enough to get the aesthetics right, or indeed to use anything beyond Game Maker D&D.
>>
File: Tron2.0box.jpg (46 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Tron2.0box.jpg
46 KB, 256x360
Always a classic.
>>
>>323189191
Devs probably do, but their execs and publishers don't. The only thing they think about is marketing and their paycheck at the end of the month.
>>
Too bad Drift Stage blows. The presentation is neat, but the game itself controls like a sack of anvils with a complete disregard for Earth physics
>>
File: 1450052436707.jpg (750 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1450052436707.jpg
750 KB, 2048x1365
>>323188817
Personal Recommendations:

Alien Isolation
Hotline Miami (obviously)
Vice City (obviously)
Hacknet
Receiver
Bernbrand
Collateral
SOMA

and also Underrail if you like corny retro cyberpunk schlock. It's cheesy as fuck, but it's a great game.
>>
>>323188817
This shit is STILL in development? kek
>>
File: 1424924478835.jpg (871 KB, 893x1190) Image search: [Google]
1424924478835.jpg
871 KB, 893x1190
>>
>Neo 80s Aesthetic
Theres a reason why that shit died out.
>>
Hey what's that other indie racing game that just came out? It's all out run inspired and shit, it looks good
>>
>>323196038
You probably mean Slipstream, though it hasn't come out, there's a demo of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJFWcRA2KRE

The drifiing is pretty simple but I guess fun? I definitely like it more with some outrun tunes playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFRMqV4DWkA
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.