[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easily the worst final fantasy game ever. Got as far as disc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Ff8_logo.png (283 KB, 650x529) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283 KB, 650x529
Easily the worst final fantasy game ever. Got as far as disc 4 before I decided the bin this garbage and I regret the time I spent.

FF thread.
>>
>Got as far as disc 4

But that's the end
>>
>>323186681
its shit but 13 is still at the bottom of the franchise
>>
You must not have played many FF games if you think that.

Both FF2 and FFX are way worse.
>>
>>323186681
>FF thread
More like shit taste threat.
>>
>>323186681
Still better than IX. In before hipster cucks bawwwwww
>>
File: 4261964-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg (68 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
4261964-the+man+with+no+taste.jpg
68 KB, 800x449
>>323187502
>>
>>323186681
>got as far as the last 2 hours of gameplay
Sure you did.
>>
>>323186681
>all these underage and B& that dont know about FF2 NES

Maybe it's for the better that you're so ignorant.
>>
>>323186681
nah, it's pretty great
>>
I never got the Junction System in this game, I just grinded the shit out of my party.
>>
>>323187973

Joke's on you, leveling up makes the enemies stronger, not you.
>>
but its good
only thing i hated was draw grinding, but I thought it had a good story with good characters
>>
>>323186681
fun fact.
Originally there was a 'FF8' demo, it was literally a tech demo showing what square could get running on the PS after 7. The story concept for this demo was the starting of FF8.
People thought the story had potential so square responded by scraping together an ending and turned it into Final Fantasy 8.

If you play it enough, you can even feel the drop in quality (especially in the story) after the first disc.
>>
>>323186681
That's not ARR
>>
File: 64576t87.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
64576t87.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
Some PC mods for VIII that I'd recommend:

- Roses and Wine. This one changes the music back to the PS1 version, but the installer also lets you pick out special versions of certain tracks like an orchestrated battle theme. Pretty much required.

- SeeD Reborn*. Redoes the menu to a higher quality. If you don't like the new font then obviously don't use this one.

- Project Eden*. Higher quality backgrounds. Makes the difference between the hi-res character models and the backgrounds a little less jarring. Sometimes the black borders on the backgrounds are a little too pronounced, but its better than the unmodded version.

- Tripod*. Pic related. Higher quality Triple Triad. Hard to say anything bad about this one.

*These require Tonberry.

By the way, to use your PS3 controller I recommend MotionJoy. Normally I don't like that program and prefer Better DS3, but in this special case MotionJoy lets you map the keyboard arrows to the Dpad while also letting you map Gamepad functionality and have 8-way directional control. Better DS3 didn't let me do that.
>>
What if Final Fantasy 8 had started at Dollet?
>>
File: tripodscreenshot.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tripodscreenshot.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
>>323188609

*sorry, here's the Tripod screenshot.
>>
File: 1427866657521.gif (3 MB, 280x247) Image search: [Google]
1427866657521.gif
3 MB, 280x247
>>323188706
>that delicious teacher card
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.