[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cortex command is still being updated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: w.jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
41 KB, 460x215
>cortex command is still being updated
>>
>>323163358
and im still fuckin ur mum m8
>>
>>323163440
And apparently the same team has created a new game Planetoid Pioneers
>Planetoid Pioneers is a 2D physics-based action-adventure driven by User Generated Content and inspired by the classic action/exploration games Blaster Master (1988) and Exile (1988). Initially you find yourself marooned on the first Planetoid in a Robinson Crusoe scenario after your prized space yacht blew up. Use your Atomizer/Assembler tool to gather resources and turn them into various vehicles, contraptions, and even organic life forms to help you explore the mysterious caves beneath the surface of the uncharted circular world.
>Q1 2016
:^)
>>
WHAT
WHEN!?

DID AN UPDATE COME OUT!?
>>
>>323163358
Data actually updated it?
>>
>>323165654
>>323165718
> March 28th, 2015
>>
>>323166212
Source. Can't find anything on steam in the news section or anything
>>
>>323166350
>http://devlog.datarealms.com/category/cortex-command/
>
>
>
>>
>>323166578
>one weapon added

I mean, I'm grateful, I really am, but that's what I look forward to the most.
>>
>>323166578
>>323166212
March 28 is almost a year ago
"still being updated" is a bit of a stretch
>>
>>323166868
Oh wait, yeah, what the fuck

this update already came out ages ago

game is dead
>>
>never came out of beta
This was one of my favourite "games" ever ;_;
>>
>>323167069
>game is dead
Game is done
It was a wild ride that lasted almost a decade, but we should let it go
Best modders left the scene anyway
>>
>>323167187
>almost a decade
I mean more than a decade

>>323167128
The game had 1.0 release in 2012
>>
>>323167313
Yes, and it was barely different to where it was at when I played it as a kid.
>>
>>323167372
The latest updates improved AI. It's still meh, but it can actually pose a challenge now
The biggest difference to the game came in 10ish updates (don't remember which one), where he changed the debri breakability. Before that maps would be filled with crashed ships to the ceiling.

Aside from that, I don't really remember much. The campaign is medicore anyway, esp when compared to Unmapped Lands 2
>>
>>323167778
It was always a dumb sandbox game. The best dumb sandbox I ever played, but still a dumb sandbox, and it never progressed from that.
>>
>>323167857
I would argue that for some modded scenes
>>
>>323167940
There was that one with the overworld map and stuff, but even that was ultimately pointless. And split-screen multiplayer was terrible. Base building and stuff I never got into at all - I just wanted to dick around with a single body.
>>
>>323168062
It was always a sandbox game and yet you complain about experimenting with the features that were implemented. I also prefer to just spam gold, but the best gameplay came from limiting myself with resources against a stronger threat of modded factions.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.