[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is George right? Was 2015 a fucking good year, despite the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11
File: Header5[1].png (36 KB, 458x157) Image search: [Google]
Header5[1].png
36 KB, 458x157
Is George right?

Was 2015 a fucking good year, despite the crying contrarian /v/tards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeP-kUKxwP8
>>
>>323134963
it was shit, i dont need a retard to tell me otherwise
>>
It was almost as good as 2007-08, so yeah, it was pretty fucking good. It wasn't YOAT though, I think people only think that because of how terrible 2014 was.
>>
>>323134963
2015's best game was gamergate so no it wasnt a good year
>>
>>323135276
1997 was YOAT.
>>
>>323134963
Breddy good comparatively, no matter what the vocal minority screams.
>>
>>323134963
it was shit
name 5
yes i l know Bloodborne
>>
>the last Metal Gear Solid
>new Witcher
>bunch of bullshit games, but a lot of recognizable fun ones
>last Starcraft
>Super Mario Maker, Splatoon
>Bayonetta announced for Smash
>new (shit) Fallout

It was great for series advancements and a couple new IPs. I thought it was one of the best for games in a long time, but that's just me
>>
>>323134963
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming
ehh, it was meh
>>
It was easily the best year since 2011 or so. There were easily half a dozen of games that made me genuinely excited to wake up and blow a whole weekend playing videogames, which hasn't happened since The Wonderful 101 released.
>>
>>323135951
i really dont want to sound like a jaded asshole
but a will
fuck mgs5
fuck witcher's combat
bayonetta is just a fucking announcement, wheres 3?
the rest is fine
mario was fine but a real new mario is much better
>>
no.

terrible.

if anything it was the year of delays.
>>
>>323136095
well fuck you buddy
Bayonetta 2 was worth a whole weekend
>>
>>323135789
Bloodborne
Witcher 3
Splatoon
Undertale
MGS V
Was Bayonetta 2 released this year?
>>
this guy has the worst vocal cadence or just voice. something about the way he talks really bugs me, like he thinks everything he says is brilliant
>>
>>323136235
no, 2014. bayo 2 was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>323136235
for real, where the hype is witcher 3? the combat felt very, i dont know to say but not that fun you feel the same?
i found MGSV a bore, like how the heck can you enjoy a game that sacrificed level design and repetitive gameplay compared to past games?
>>
>>323136402
ever so slightly, it needed an extra form in the end and was shorter by an hour or 2
mech combat can suck a dick but removed qte and other things was good
>>
>>323135789
Witcher 3
Splatoon
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Undertale
Rocket League
Bloodborne
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Super Mario Maker
Pillars of Eternity
Hotline Miami 2

>>323136235
Nope, Bayo2 was 2014

2015 was in no way a "stellar" year for video games, but it was a pretty decent effort.
>>
File: ok.png (65 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
65 KB, 540x527
>>323136424
>for real, where the hype is witcher 3? the combat felt very, i dont know to say but not that fun you feel the same?
>i don't know to say
>you feel the same?
>>
>>323136619
it was a question, poorly told
it felt like shit, the mechanics felt like shit
it didnt feel tight and felt unsatisfying
>>
>>323136572
list is decent
i dont like MMO like games like X
Rocket League was fun, for a while
>>
What a completely boring and generic sounding person.

He sounds like he was made in a lab.

The most boring, generic, white suburbian sounding dude ever.
>>
>>323136201
I'd rank it behind the first game and The Wonderful 101. I had just came off of replaying the first Bayonetta so I wouldn't be too rusty, which might have actually hurt my enjoyment of it since it was so similar to the first.

How was the Wii U port of Bayonetta?

>>323136261
He has a really weird
>>
>>323136872
>He has a really weird
...habit of putting an upwards inflection on the middle part of sentences.
>>
File: onememe.jpg (14 KB, 541x229) Image search: [Google]
onememe.jpg
14 KB, 541x229
2015 was a good year. Anyone claiming otherwise is just an edgy tryhard.

>>323136619
I think everyone agrees that combat was the weakest link in Witcher 3.
>>
>>323136872
wii u port? well did you play the 360 version then its similar with added content like that link costume which added a counter mechanic and other nice costumes
too be fair, 2 felt like an expansion in a way anyway but very well made
>>
>>323136848
True. But his critical close-up videos are excellent.
>>
>>323134963
Wasn't a great year in my opinion.

Then again the last few years are flooded with rehash shit with "ONE NEW MECHANIC" (I'm forcing this meme don't stop me), the difference with other years is we'd at least have every 1-3 months a game that breaks the mold and wows.

This year was just trash, maybe 3.

You know it's bad when games like Minecraft/Path of Exile stay the most consistently relevant still on all popular streaming sites.

No new game this year top 5'd for more than 2 weeks on twitch.

In the top 20 games streamed this year, only 5 were made this year.

Witcher was poop, MGS5 was poop, Evolve was MEGAshit
>>
File: 1440471327944.png (63 KB, 214x301) Image search: [Google]
1440471327944.png
63 KB, 214x301
Frankly, if I have the choice between listening to the guy who claimed the Old Hunters was mediocre and that Huey did nothing wrong, and just making my own decision on how the year was, I'd say it was a pretty good year.
>>
>>323137049
>No new game this year top 5'd for more than 2 weeks on twitch.
other than that which you shouldn't care
i mostly agree with ya
>>
it was ok

good game like mh4u, bb \, etc came out, but we were also plagued with western open world trash like TW3 and fallout 4
>>
>>323137141
>Huey did nothing wrong
did he say that? well fuck him
>>
>>323136872
The Wii U port of Bayo 1 was fine. It's stable unlike the PS3 port and also comes with extra costumes. And it's literally free when you buy Bayo 2.
>>
>>323134963
Oh, isn't this the guy that cheated in a valve game, got VAC banned and made up some elaborate story as to why he was innocent?
>>
2015 wasn't a good year, it was just better than the shit that was 2012-2014.
>>
witcher 3 is crap
mgs 5 is crap
just cause 3 is crap
fallout 4 is mega crap
splatoon was crap for months until they decided to actually patch content in, and even still it's a shallow, slow shooter
bamham knight was sub-par even without factoring in the atrocious pc version
undertale was good imo but even if I liked it you can see everything in like 12 hours tops

it had some good games like undertale, xenoblade cross, rocket league, and bloodborne, but as usual basically every AAA title was laughably bad
every open world game was crap besides xenoblade cross and even that was a mixed bag
this year looks really strong, we have a playable version of dragon's dogma finally, sf 5, persona 5, star fox zero, remake aka non-shit version of odin sphere, new fire emblem is really good, star ocean 5 I think is this year, just off the top of my head I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting
>>
>>323136946
>>323136261
He has the same vocal cadence of Feminist Frequency
>>
>>323136950
It really wasn't for gaming.
The games were average at best, and unfortunately it's another year where it's clear that both console and PC publishers are trying and succeeding to find new stuff to stuff down our throats and make us pay for. Was hoping Catacomb Kids would at least be finished but sadly not.

For anime it was decent.
For manga it was subpar.
For LN/WNs it was pretty damn good (MT finish, lots of good stuff picked back up, etc)
For TV it was good (Daredevil alone man, so good)
For movies it was good? (I didn't watch most of the ones I've heard were good : Mad Max, Interstellar, Martian, Creed) Looking at RottenT's list though the rest are trash. I did see Star Wars but it was average at best.

>>323137163
twitch metrics are pretty simple to go by, easier to grab than youtube metrics so I figured it'd be useful.
>>
>>323137260
No he fucking didn't...
>>
>>323135276
why 07-08 specifically?
>>
I wouldn't know, since I only play recent games by exception.
I played Fallout 4 and Hotline Miami 2
Fallout 4 was boring, and I stopped playing after three hours.
Hotline Miami was great, but level editor fucking when.
>>
>>323137598
Go look at the games that released in those two years.
>>
>>323137326
Never heard of this. What game?
>>
>>323137505
Both 2013 and 2014 were poorer.
>>
The only reason anyone thinks 2015 was amazing, is because 2014 was so shit.
>>
>>323134963
2016 looks better if you're a hardcore weeb like me. But 2015 was good too.
>>
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166 KB, 400x400
>>323134963
It wasn't bad, just every major release disappointed in a major way.

MGSV is literally unfinished, Arkham Knight even if you ignore the PC debacle has serious problems with the batmobile, pacing and level design, Witcher 3 has the downgrade and lets be honest mediocre combat even if it is an improvement over 2, Fallout 4 is... well that ones obvious, Xenoblade's story falls flat, etc.

I had a good time playing some games like Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Witcher 3's story, Until Dawn is shockingly entertaining, Rocket League really fun. Even some moments like "Look Who's Laughing Now" in Arkham were really memorable.

But while we thought we'd get a bunch of great games, we only got a handful of good ones. Compare that with 2014 where we didn't have grossly overhyped games, but got a bunch of fantastic releases. I'm still playing Bayonetta 2, Wolfenstein and Smash.
>>
>>323137712
They're hardly a 1998 or 1994

I'm not really seeing much from 07 or 08 to say those were exceptional years.
>>
File: all aboard the ape train.jpg (864 KB, 3003x720) Image search: [Google]
all aboard the ape train.jpg
864 KB, 3003x720
>>323137505
>For anime it was decent.
I don't watch many anime but the few I did were ok at best (Gatchaman Crowds Insight, Noragami Aragoto (actually a pleasant surprise after the sub-par first season), One Punch Meh) and absolute shit at worst (SO fucking disappointed in the second season of Garo). What 2015 anime would you consider worth watching?
>>
> watching superbunnyhop
> listening to his apathetic whiny nasal voice
> dickriding all his opinions about everything
> current year
>>
>>323137505
>Daredevil alone man, so good
Fuck yes. And Mr. Robot. My new favourite show.

If someone has a webm of the one-shotted corridor fight scene from DD (ep 2 maybe?), please share. Such great coreography.
>>
>>323134963
What a waste of time
I didn't think it was possible, but this guy has generic opinions. he's stating things that you could technically disagree with, but they are so surface level. he sounds like a wikipedia article
>>
>>323137727
2014 having Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 alone makes you wrong.
Dark Souls 2, South Park game, Bayonetta 2 (Never played but heard good things), Transistor

Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Injustice, Dota2, Sly cooper, Payday 2

>>323137893
Yeah those pretty much made it 'decent', it wasn't great.

>>323137948
Oh fuck I forgot Mr. Robot was this year, damn that shit was good.

I haven't watched Jessica Jones yet but I'll probably binge it tomorrow.
>>
>>323138161
This is definitely one of his poorer videos, but I have to disagree with you. His review videos go a lot more into focus about the games he just briefly mentioned here.
>>
>Witcher 3
>Dying Light
>Shadowrun Hong Kong
>Hard West
>Underrail
>Age of Decadence
And a bunch of other good titles
>>
>>323138187
Oh yeah 2013 had Antichamber too, that was pretty fun.
>>
>>323138187
Jessica was no where as entertaining as DD. Also too much "I wush RAEPD!!" and "GET BACK HEEERE JESSICAWWWW". Also, I pretty much hate Krysten Ritter's face after Breaking Bad.
>>
>>323138187
>>323138452
It was "okay", though.
>>
>>323135789
he names over 5
>>
>>323134963
>Was 2015 a fucking good year
No, but it was alright
>>
How do content creators like these have time to play so many games in a year? How can you say anything intelligent about a game when you're playing so many a year and you can't get too in-depth with any of them?
>>
File: 152361875481.png (191 KB, 342x343) Image search: [Google]
152361875481.png
191 KB, 342x343
>>323138807
They aren't browse 4chan so they have alot of free time
>>
File: unsung.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
unsung.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
Any year compared to 2004 is shit tier

>AceCombat5
>GTA SA
>Star War Battlefront
>KOTOR2
>Halo2
>MGS3
>Def Jam FFNY
>HL2
>NFS Underground 2
>Spiderman 2
>Far Cry
>Rome TW
>Paper Mario
>Riddick
>Dawn of War
>VTMB
>Budokai 3
>Pokemon Emerald
>Painkiller
>that Berserk game on ps2
>>
ok I'm actually watching this and he says "it's a great year for sandbox games" and he thinks that shitty literally tumblr "game" life is strange is good so no he's clearly a pleb
>>
there weren't any standout great games this year. mgsv was a disappointment. bloodborne was more of the same with a new (really cool looking) coat of paint. fo4 was meh. splatoon was fun for a week. woolly world was meh

i would say the best game was TW3 but it was still only a good game, not great. Underrail has been fun too but I haven't gotten very far

it was a good year (better than 2014) but it won't be remembered as a great year for gaming
>>
>>323138807
If you make enough money to live off of it this is not hard, even if you aren't, you have to streamline parts of the process and make sure to have others help with parts of the content creation. Things like overlays, moderation, etc can all be handled by others often for free.

Work 40 hours a week (Probably part time if you're doing streaming/game content seriously though)
= 128 hours/week
4-8 hours/day sleep
= 72~100 hours/week
Subtract about another two hours a day for eating, showering and basic stuff.
= 58-86 hours/week

That's up to 12 hours a day potentially playing games/commenting stuff. The fact that you'd be commenting, streaming, creating extra content, planning during this time helps you do it without as large of breaks as you would trying to strictly play through.

The 'hardcore' streamer for something like a MOBA will do 6-8 hours a day live, this leaves 4 still for the rest

Console/SP game numbers would shift to 2-6 playing daily.
>>
>>323139208
Just going to throw two things out there.
1)Life is Strange is actually pretty good, just play it without any preconceived notions about it one way or the other. Don't read anything on it AT ALL, just play it.

2)It's not a good year for sandbox games he's a fucking retard.
>>
>>323139024

Fucking this. You can finish a whole game in a day if you're not fucking around on /v/ and shitposting and pepespamming. Cut it the fuck out and go play games.
>>
>>323139363
life is strange is literally the most cringe "game" I've ever played in my fucking life get the fuck out of here
>>
>>323136751
This and grindy rpg inventory management killed this game for me. The combat was just awful, too easy and not satisfying in the slightest coming straight from bloodborne, and the bad RPG mechanics (loot everything ever, don't have too many apples in your inventory though!) just really took away from the great world and atmosphere. Also having 1000 things to do at all times triggered my OCD and just wouldn't let me have any fun in the game
>>
>>323139080
This is correct GOAT year
>>323137598
I dont understand why people bring up 07 so much in these conversations its nothing special every individual year between like 97 and 04 were better. The only reason people think 07 was a good year is because they were born in the late 90s and grew up during the worst generation of consoles
>>
>>323139451
Have you actually bothered to play it?

It's not that bad, it definitely has cringy parts later on, but it does a good job at building it's ambiance and really putting you in the players shoes.

Is it a great game? No.
Is it total shit? No.

I fucking hate feminist shit, but this game doesn't really take it there to that extent, if you don't read feminist bullshit daily so you're already aggravated at everything even slightly close to it, you'll see that that is not what it's doing at all. It's taking you through the life of this character who happens to be a little shit who is wet behind the ears and doesn't get everything that happens in the first place, it rewards you for paying attention to small things and actually punishes you for missing them as well.

A lot of feminist bitches and other whiny whores took to arguing about the suicide scene but that was probably one of the best gaming scenarios I've run into in the past 5 years.
>>
Better comparatively to the previous 4 or 5 years

Still full of disappointment and behind all the polish, game mechanics are being as dumbed down as ever.
>>
>>323139804
sorry I can't relate to these post-millenial bitches that are completely incompetent in everything they do
>>
>>323139804
I read feminist bullshit every day and played episode 1 of it.

It's not a bad game, fuck I liked most of the characters in the first episode. The reason I quit is because fuck Chloe. Fuck her, she is pure fucking trash. There wasn't a single redeeming thing about her.
>>
>>323139885
It's a shame that they lose a lot of gamers due to that, it has some pretty okay base gameplay, at least better than other games recently since gameplay is getting shittier and shittier. The work put into the narrative and other such things is better than other games though.

>>323139986
Chloe makes more sense later, but I agree I wasn't a fan of her, it didn't make me quit, but I definitely wasn't a fan especially in the part where you spend tons of time in her room.

Something I've learned from Game of Thrones is that well made characters make you feel strongly about them one way or another and will definitely at points challenge your belief in them as well, they need to be deep, not that these characters are super deep, but they're not one dimensional.

That said some of the dialogue when approaching the topic of rape for chloe was VERY poor, as opposed to Kate.
>>
>>323139568
>>323139080

runescape
megaman 64
pso
rayman 2
paper mario
final fantasy 9 and 10
legend of zelda seasons and ages
conker's bad fur day
tribes 2
serious sam
klonoa 2
black and white
twisted metal black
baldur's gate 2
advance wars
ico
devil may cry
civilization 3
ace combat 4
ssx tricky
project gotham racing
golden sun
empire earth
007 agent under fire
metal gear solid 2
halo
rogue squadron 2
super monkey ball
super smash brothers melee
pikmin
luigi's mansion

take a fucking knee peasants
>>
>>323140298
dang
>>
>>323140298
Klonoa games are so underrated.

He had potential to be almost Mario tier at the very least Sonic tier but died.

tfw you'll never get another Tomba game
>>
>>323140298
all of the years from that gen and the one before it are amazing, 2004 is happens to be the best
>>
File: 1389325247930.jpg (161 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1389325247930.jpg
161 KB, 960x720
>Bloodborne
>Etrian Odyssey Untold 2
>Undertale
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Nier Automata announced
>Cloud in Smash Bros
Yes it was a good year.
>>
>>323142254
>Undertale

be careful now
you might trigger /v/
>>
>>323140298
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming
Too lazy to post the games just take a look
>>
File: 1435100705892.png (11 KB, 150x148) Image search: [Google]
1435100705892.png
11 KB, 150x148
>>323134963
>dem BG music choices
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.