[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth picking up? I'm in the mood for a comfy JRPG.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Is this worth picking up? I'm in the mood for a comfy JRPG. Either PS2 or GC era.
>>
Baten Kaitos is great, just make sure to either switch the sound to Surround or get an undub.
>>
Play Shadow Hearts: Covenant instead.
>>
Yes it is, the game is fantastic. I should warn you though that the voice acting is pretty shit, although the main characters are mostly tolerable.

Make sure to pick up BK Origins as well if you can(voice acting is actually good in that one).
>>
>>323127492
why
>>
Tales of Symphonia if you haven't played that
>>
>>323127682
Mostly shit voice acting.
Almost reaches the levels of so bad it's good.

Playing for the poker like combat, art and ost makes this super fun to play.
>>
I've only played the first 15 hours or so of Origins, but it's pretty fantastic. Only real complaint I have is how the whole party shares a deck, unlike in the original in which each character had their own. Seems like a really dumb change imo. I also hear the first has a better story, which is why I'm kinda hesitant to play Origins atm.
Regardless, game looks pretty, has a great battle system (I don't like card/card-based games, but this is fun), and some damn fantastic battle music.

Just listen to this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURcNUguVQg
>>
>>323127682
Voices are super tinny on Stereo for whatever reason. The dub isn't too bad aside from one of the main characters who is completely horrible.
>>
>>323129372
You must be in a mad panic
>>
>>323129275
Don't start with Origins
Don't start with MGS3
Don't start with The Phantom Menace
>>
Speak of the devil I finally got around to playing this myself.

So far it's pretty good I like the card based battle system(Even though I think combos are silly shit) it comes off a tiny bit slow paced at times but I don't mind. I like the general feel of the game and by that I'm liking every place I go to so far. Story seems alright as well dungeons feel kinda short but at the same time they feel just right. Also I going around randomly checking shit to get something new. VA's are pretty hokey but I'm kinda a sucker for bad dubs so whatever. I hear Origins is better even though this game and that one don't have a lot in common in terms of battle system beyond the general idea of using card. Speaking of which if there's I don't really like about it so far it's like I really do have to put my faith in the heart of the card because goddamn do I get some shitty hands in fight or something. And lastly the music is pretty good I heard some of it before but actually hearing it in game I can see why some think of both this and Origins as some of Sakuraba better works.
>>
>>323131331
My brothers bought it a few years ago cause they saw it cheap. I started playing it because I didn't really know anything about the games.

I wanna buy the first one sometime, but I recently got Xenoblade Chronicles X and its taking up all of my albeit little free time.
>>
File: image.png (174 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174 KB, 500x671
>>323131331
Hahaha these are all the ones I started with. I turned out just fine
>>
Never played that one, but I remember Origins being really fucking good even though I never finished it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.