[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We list ways we could fix Battlefront from the current state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
ITT: We list ways we could fix Battlefront from the current state it's in
>>
Release the 99% finished version.
>>
it could've been game of the year if at launch it had:

>campaign
>4x the multi player maps
>3x the weapons and customizable
>customizable characters that didn't involve earning credits to purchase a different face
>more outfits for characters
>space battles and seamless flight
>no EA
>>
Uninstall it
>>
>>323126263
This
>Prequel stuff
while the movies are shit, I enjoyed the battlefront games where you could play as the droids, and use the cool republic vehicles.
>>
>>323126263
I know I'm in the minority when I say this but Space Battles aren't really that special. Maybe if they added more vehicles they'd be great but as of right now the game is just fine without them.

The customization is a dumb fucking idea though, wish they'd never brought that up or at least just made a few different units for the troopers instead of helmetless troopers.
>>
Impossible.

You would need to tear the whole game down and start over.
>>
>Nerf the bowcaster
>>
>>323126935

>the game is just fine without them

If the game was "just fine", this thread wouldn't exist.
>>
>>323126054
As it stands right now it's a fucking tech demo.

Some good co-op content would be nice, like some missions or something.

I want to like the game but it really feels like they didn't fucking try at all on the content.
>>
>>323126263
>customization for weapons
>actual classes
>destructible environments (imagine being able to destroy the trees in Endor)
>vehicles able to spawn on the map
>able to REPAIR said vehicles
>allow vehicles that hold more than one person
>>
>>323128854

>tfw this is an analogy for the production of the force awakens as well

Is this the era we're doomed to live in
>>
>campaign following a storm trooper from battle to battle with various breakdown moments similar to Finn at the beginning of TFA
>TFA content
>>
>>323127101

true. not sure if ea got scared by people calling battlefront a reskinned battlefield but that's pretty much exactly what most people wanted.
>>
>>323126054
I honestly hate the whole need to level up a shit ton to use the good stuff in FPS games in general, especially in this one where I dont even feel like playing very long when I do play it.
>>
>>323126054
add classes
add prequels
add lore related levels
>>
There are more issues with this game beyond the amount of content. The game would still have the fundamental problems it has even if all of the extra things people wanted are added at this point.

>Simplistic customization that just results in everyone using best loadouts. If classes are too much, maybe have it so specials and weapons are tied to specific groupings (say rocket troopers who can only hold pistols and no grenades) to have certain powers tied to limitations
>Have more large modes that aren't specific versions of tug of war where everyone converges on a battleground. Supremacy and Walker is too static in most cases. Smaller game modes are a bit better so far in my opinion.
>Give simple communication prompts. Even a little would help to enable SOME sort of coordination
>Add ammo packs and health packs to force people for choosing supportive loadouts and prevent people from holding off armies far from others
>Give maps instead of blip radar. Blip radar just gives you enemies position, but nothing about the terrain. This encourages a simple mindset that makes you only worry about how close the enemy is rather than give you any idea as to where you are. Maps also help coordination and orientation.
>>
>>323130753

that's a cancer that has affected nearly everything and I'm not sure why there hasn't really been any backlash against it.
>>
>>323126054
Make the game like battlefield

>add a cumpus to the mini map
>more customization for the soldier (DLC)
>more weapons (DLC)

>make the jet controls less casual
>>
File: 1437080607620.png (8 KB, 450x401) Image search: [Google]
1437080607620.png
8 KB, 450x401
>>323126141
>tfw battlefield 3 and rogue squadron 4 are both finished but we will never play them
>>
>replace it with a remastered Battlefront 2
>>
>>323133274

>Fix the game wiith paid DLC

What an awful mentality.
>>
>>323128536
You must be new here.
>>
>>323133274
I don't believe more weapons will do any good. People will just gravitate towards the best weapons in the end. To have any meaningful diversity in weapon choice you have to nerf most jack-of-all trades weapon and force specialization. It may even have to something drastic as huge spreads, limited effective range, etc. etc. Because at this point, besides some crappy guns and jawa shotgun, you basically have guns that kill little better far and kill little better close and it is hard to make things more diverse when those two types fulfill every role you need of a gun.
>>
>>323126054
>either more vehicle pickups or just place the models on the ground for the player to get into them if they're still autistic about that
>MAYBE more hero pickups or at least go ahead and randomize it because, once again, people just seem to get autistic about wanting to play with a glowy schwing schwong
>more maps
>include prequel trilogy content
>add classes to the star card system so people can dump health for friends, repair turrets, etc.
>make the jump pack more like Boba Fett's across the board, floating was fun
>nerf Han Solo's One-Hit Wonder
>REMOVE STATS
>reward objective gameplay (i.e. kills are only worth 10 pts but worth 100 if you're attacking/defending a cap point; exponentially increase point scoring for doing the objectives)
>dunno why DICE didn't include a command wheel
>more ground vehicles
>use a minimap instead of a motion tracker
>add co-op and single player skirmishes
>I haven't played all the modes, but I don't think I've come across the classic victory location mode

Space battles were shit, you are thinking of Rogue Squadron. You want a new Rogue Squadron game.

Fuck campaigns. It was literally a map rotation with shitty cutscenes. Go back and play them, you all would shit on them if they put out a campaign like that in 2016. Battlefield 4 had a better fucking campaign than Battlefront II. You're being autistic again, you confused the Battlefront campaigns with Republic Commando. You want Republic Commando.

Star cards, credit system, etc. work and add some good customization but there needs to be a way to force you to do more than just walk around with the sniper rifle and AP-rawket to help you get kills. You can have one AP and one AT, spanned across grenades, launchers, etc.

The weapons are fine outside of some fine-tuned balancing, I was actually impressed that they managed to find enough of a diversity among blasters to make it worth unlocking and using them. To be honest though, there are too many.
>>
File: 1393570337721.png (2 KB, 347x257) Image search: [Google]
1393570337721.png
2 KB, 347x257
>>323126054
Take the graphics and sounds and put them in Battlefront 2.
>>
>>323134291
This is all we need. The modding scene for BFII will provide us with more units/maps
>>
>>323133635
>hey ea fix the game by adding stuff, for free ty! :)

Nigga be realistic

>>323133647
I see what you mean, but the weapon pool is quite small right now, a couple guns here and there wouldn't hurt
>>
>>323126431
naah man, leave that to the sequel, better it get it's own game then share with the OT, especially since the clone wars series expanded the amount of stuff that could go in.
>>
>>323135039

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect them to release a good game, when they're a AAA developer, and had a blueprint laid out for them i.e. Battlefront 1 and 2.
>>
>>323126054
-Add more maps
-Make all of the maps and gametypes playable with bots for offline play

Just these two things would make me happy, but the bots thing is never going to happen.
>>
>>323126054
make it accurate it to the source material aka
no tie fighters on hoth
class based gameplay only a retard would think storm troopers get to customize themselves
dl-17 not a fucking machine gun it was always a sharp shooter pistol
remove tokens and add ammo
>>
Tear the game down and whatever engine Battlefront 2 used use that again. Bell the engine for Battlefield 2 and BF 1942 use that for a new Battlefield game
>>
>>323126054
If they're not doing any prequel or TFA dlc, what characters and maps are we gonna get?
I guess Chewie, Lando, Yoda or Ben Kenobi for the Rebellion, but I can't think of any villain characters for the Empire worth doing
>>
File: 1451960815211-0.jpg (29 KB, 400x327) Image search: [Google]
1451960815211-0.jpg
29 KB, 400x327
>>323126054
1.Faster shooting
2.Variation in shooting
3.Get rid of ship power ups and just allow someone to select them
4.Iron sights and scopes

I don't know. The game is kind of a mess.
The maps are a mess.
There's something about the maps that make the game really shit.
When I watch people play all they do is spawn and then die withing 3 seconds and they do that over and over and over and over.

Maybe the key to making the game more fun would be to nerf the blasters so much that you can run around as much as you want?

Okay I'm going to go with that.

Nerf all weapons to 1/10th their power
Buff all vehicle weapons to 10 times their power and add splash damage.

THIS WILL FIX THE GAME!!!!!
>>
>>323141957
The inquisitors would be pretty cool.
>>
>>323133498
RS 4 isnt, but theres a complete trilogy bundle for RS that is complete that will never get released
>>
>>323142963
Not gonna happen, DICE only cares about the OT
>>
>>323142915
NERF ALL WEAPONS
NERF ALLL WEAPONS
NERF ALL WEAPONS
NERF ALL WEAPONS!!!
>>
>>323143084
Doesn't Lucas arts also get a say? Surely it's not impossible that they'll push to get elements from Rebels included.
>>
Sheev is such a crappy hero and it's killing my memery
>>
>>323143414
If Lucasarts had any say, we would have TFA content, like playable Kylo Ren
>>
>>323127101
No, the engine, textures, sound, and models are top fucking tier.

Its all completly ruined by the gameplay.

Tear down the maps, and redo the gameplay, and get a competent team to do both.
>>
>>323130248
TFA was vastly superior to the prequels.

In that sense, its a good step forword >>323130568
>>
>>323130248
at least force awakens had an excuse, which is to wash away the taste of the prequels.

but games, no excuse. the best star wars games were created during the prequel era.
>>
>>323143478
I think if this game has a cycle of 2 years and the prequels get another 2, they'll have enough Sequel trilogy content to release for a full game seeing as all three films will have been released by that point.
>>
>>323133064
I, for one, enjoy the grind.
>>
Will the inevitable BFII have prequel content? Even if the movies were meh they still looked cool, which is what matters in videogames.
>>
i got this game for xmas, I've put about 20 hours into it and I'm bored to death.

The only good mode is Walker Assault. The coop missions are so fucking boring even with a friend even on hard difficulty. The other MP modes are shit.

And walker assautl doesn't have enough maps.... or heroes.

Like what the fuck, how could EA not come to an agreement with Disney to add TFA content? It's such a misstep. Kylo Ren, Rey, Finn, old versions of Luke/Leia/Han, new Stormtrooper outfits, huge missed opportunities.
>>
File: swspace.jpg (1 MB, 1280x939) Image search: [Google]
swspace.jpg
1 MB, 1280x939
>>323126935
>Space Battles aren't really that special
They weren't amazing.
But they were still pretty fun, a good change of pace, and something that had amazing potential to be expanded upon.
Instead of getting really cool, improved space battles, we got nothing at all.
>>
>>323144165
I feel like they tallied up what they wanted to do with the game and started cutting everything down when they realized they had no time.
>>
>>323144360
The Star Wars license is extremely fragmented, it actually seems to me they only bought the OT one for this game. Otherwise they would put prequel and TFA stuff in as DLC's. But they seem to be sticking to OT like crazy.
>>
>>323144062
Play drop zone.
>>
>>323126054
>actual classes like BF2
>4x the number of maps
>include prequel trilogy content- maps, units, vehicles, and heroes. Having only three heroes per side is ridiculous imo. BFII had like 20.
>space battles
>more vehicle variety
>some kind of communication prompts so teams can organize at least a bit
>destructible environments
>get rid of grind/level up to unlock things. You can play as the class you want right out of the gate. Game should be about skill, not 'I've been playing longer than you so I can use the good guns'

>>323135972
This. BFI and II were already so great that it should have been pretty easy to make BFIII an excellent game.
>>
>>323144476
I highly doubt it works like that.
Galaxy of Heroes for instance has content from all movies.
>>
Remove any non human, non female character models. Also remove jetpacks. It's meant to be reflective of the ot right? So why are there rodians and women with jetpacks?
>>
File: hangin.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
hangin.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>323144360
>>323144476
They almost didn't take it because they had such a short time to release it

I imagine they're sticking to OT because it means they have less assets to make and can also put out the DLC ontime
>>
>>323144728
>>actual classes like BF2
What classes should they use?

>>323144886
kek
>>
>>323145331
what kind of question is that?
>>
So are they doing the Splatoon thing? Y'know when they release a game with little content but add more as the game ages for free to keep interest up?

Its funny because Splatoon had more content at launch than this
>>
>>323145657
>free
>content
>EA
Pick one
>>
I wish Disney hadn't given the license to EA.
Even if they ensure money, they should have known the damage it does to the brand and to the image in the long-term. There's a reason EA was once voted the worst company in America
>>
anyone got that list of recommended battlefront 2 mods
>>
>>323146514
Not only do they have the license, they have it for ten whole years
We're not going to see a single good Star Wars game for at least ten years, if not more.
>>
>>323135972
Don't forget BF3 was also mostly finished
>>
They could have avoided a lot of the bad reception if they just hadn't called it Battlefront
They literally only set themselves up for dissapointment
>>
Add missing 70% of the game.
>>
>>323141957
>but I can't think of any villain characters for the Empire worth doing
I guess they could use Bossk and IG-88, but most people don't know who they are
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.