[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: .V,,.jpg (132 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
.V,,.jpg
132 KB, 1200x750
Thread 404'd.

Playing this game's story is great, but the gameplay is awful.

>cops don't patrol; they disappear if they leave FOV
>cops bumping your car artificially jerks your tires fully in a direction
>NPCs are OHKO.. sometimes even with melee
>the driving is hugely arcade-y; there's little skill involved
>graphics are washed out without a bunch of post processing; forced chromatic aberration
>Franklin is such a Mary Sue in the story that it makes him seem more bipolar than Niko
>>
Online- Bad sports...are you kidding me?
Kill streak screen- Will eventually give me eye cancer
>>
>>323093485
>Online
>respawning a block over
>don't lose inventory, either, so it's really shallow, with no consequences, and just turns in to sniping around corners
>until the cops come and fuck everything up because they don't stop coming
>player blips on the minimap
The fug.
>>
>>323092970
>Cops don't patrol
Yes they do.
>Destability mechanics
If you are so shit at driving in GTAV that this is anything but a thing to keep cop chases from being "Follow the road" then you need to git gud.
>NPCs are OHKO
Not with punches, and not any NPC that matters.
>Driving is hugely arcadey
So was GTA IV's. Except instead of every car acting like it was on slicks in the dry with LMP1 suspension, GTA IV pretended every car was on slicks in the wet with suspension made out of sponges.
>There's little skill involved
Then why is the second point an issue for you?
>Graphics are washed out
wew lad
>>
File: Foust_Drifting.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Foust_Drifting.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>323094000
>Yes they do.
Noope. Some spawn by the police stations, but they don't actively spawn by the player.

>If you are so shit at driving in GTAV that this is anything but a thing to keep cop chases from being "Follow the road" then you need to git gud.
Except, they also spawn in front of the player about 200m, coming directly for him over and again and running into him, basically no matter where the player goes (beyond having a pit maneuver like in previous games that just doesn't get used)

>Not with punches
I could make a webm right now OHKOing a ped

>not any NPC that matters
The fuck is this supposed to imply. Gameplay.

>So was GTA IV's
It was actually a lot more realistic.

>It handles like a boat
>>webm

>There's little skill involved
>Then why is the second point an issue for you?
There's no point made following that statement.
>>
File: GTA5 2016-01-02 13-01-26-74.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GTA5 2016-01-02 13-01-26-74.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
>>323094000
>graphics aren't washed out
>>
File: 1441008505476.png (410 KB, 396x395) Image search: [Google]
1441008505476.png
410 KB, 396x395
>>323092970
GTA V complain thread? Great.
>you don't lose your weapons after dying
>you still keep your weapons after being busted but with no ammo
>muh satire of modern life and social commentary everywhere was annoying
>awful ending with no unexpected concequences, unlike GTA IV
>>
File: LolaDelRio-GTAIV.jpg (55 KB, 561x700) Image search: [Google]
LolaDelRio-GTAIV.jpg
55 KB, 561x700
>>323092970
Post your favourite gta waifu
>>
>>323094779
Wow you sure showed me cherry picking a picture of you on top of a concrete skyscraper looking at the smog.

>>323094658
>Noope. Some spawn by the police stations, but they don't actively spawn by the player.
I wish I still had the youtube video saved of the police driving past a player in the middle of LS nowhere near a police station. But no, they do spawn. You can check in OpenIV for yourself.

>Except, they also spawn in front of the player about 200m
No they really don't. Cops don't spawn in your FOV. And seriously cops are easy as fuck to evade and outrun. I've yet to see a single person complain about the ram direction mechanic who doesn't have an issue with outrunning the police.

>I could make a webm right now OHKOing a ped
And I bet it would be the Instant Knockout from the sneak attack and not actually engaging in fisticuffs.

>The fuck is this supposed to imply.
Why are you playing with peds who have shitty AI vs police and army who actually have effort put into their AI?

>It was actually a lot more realistic.
No it really wasn't.
>webm
Are you blind? Do you know nothing about how cars work?
1.) He broke traction on his rear wheels purposefully and is keeping them spinning so they don't regain traction.
2.) Notice how he doesn't have HEKTIK BODYROLL
3.) He's +100km/h through that corner. He could easily have taken it at the same speed without breaking traction.
4.) No it's not realistic in the fucking slightest. If you brake gradually at 20MPH your front end slams into the ground and you slide quite a bit.

On top of that you are either gripping or you aren't gripping, there's no real traction to speak of, making driving shallow as fuck.

rFactor has realistic driving physics. GTA IV is arcadey shit.
>>
>>323096046

S I X
I
X

F
I
N
G
E
R
S
>>
>>323093485
Bad sport is the only thing stopping cheaters going on rampages shitting up lobbies

Get fucked

If you really want to kill people there are plenty of competitive game modes to play
>>
File: GTA5 2016-01-02 12-52-15-26.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GTA5 2016-01-02 12-52-15-26.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
>>323096207
>it's just always smoggy, guys. that's ok
>>
File: LA.jpg (1 MB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
LA.jpg
1 MB, 1280x853
>>323096545
Have you ever been to LA? It IS always smoggy.
>>
all gta5 is is an elaborate test to see how many people would use the cash shop, turns out its a lot. they already c&d'ed modders that want to add an actual fun multiplayer to the game but of course that would outshine their multiplayer and nobody would buy cards. i fully expect the next game to have no story mode at all and just be a massive cash shop mmo. gta is dead.
>>
File: great handling tbh.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
great handling tbh.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>323096207
>No they really don't. Cops don't spawn in your FOV.
https://youtu.be/-qUJc20yu28?t=23m42s
(- 25:20)

>And I bet it would be the Instant Knockout from the sneak attack and not actually engaging in fisticuffs.
..If you call standing being in front of them a sneak attack.

>Why are you playing with peds who have shitty AI vs police and army who actually have effort put into their AI?
It's a sandbox. What are they there for if they don't benefit gameplay?

>implying ever rolling in GTA IV without hitting something

>if you brake gradually at 20MPH, your front end slams into the ground and you slide
In the game? If so, you should check your actual speed.

>>323096362
If they lost their items from losing a gunfight, they wouldn't be so ostentatious. There's also no reason for minimap blips for location.

>>323096861
>backpedaling
>>
>>323097507
> If they lost their items from losing a gunfight, they wouldn't be so ostentatious. There's also no reason for minimap blips for location

Not sure what the fuck you're trying to say mind going into more deatil
>>
>>323098127
Everybody plays like they have nothing to lose. They also get free location info from the map.
>>
>>323097507
Fine, in normal circumstances they don't spawn in your FOV. Happy?

>If you call standing being in front of them a sneak attack.
Then post the webm, son.

>It's a sandbox. What are they there for if they don't benefit gameplay?
To look pretty.

>>implying ever rolling in GTA IV without hitting something
what are you even saying here

>In the game? If so, you should check your actual speed.
At any speed. GTA IV's handling is shit and only people who don't understand how cars handle at speed think it's actually any good.

Also just fucking look at that suspension it's absolutely atrocious. It looks fucking broken.

>>backpedaling
Never backpedaled.
>Things aren't washed out
>Well look at this cherry picked screenshot where I strategically positioned myself to get rid of all the color
>Wow nice cherrypicking
>it's always smoggy and that's not okay
>yes it is
>b-backpedaling!
Just look at all of that not-washed out in the foreground >>323096545
>>
>>323096362
Deathmatch is ruined because of the kill streak screen. Cheaters get banned not bad sport. Bad sport is basically a way to protect people who suck at the game. As if passive mode and private lobbies weren't enough,
>>
>>323096317
Thats actually hot
>>
File: GTA5 2015-04-29 02-26-39-89.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
GTA5 2015-04-29 02-26-39-89.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>323098657
>what are you even saying here
That overplaying "but if you turn, you roll", which is completely inaccurate unless you hit a fucking curb or something, is a strawman.

>At any speed. GTA IV's handling is shit and only people who don't understand how cars handle at speed think it's actually any good.
Haven't ever taken a corner above 35? Cars slide.

>It looks fucking broken.
Prove it.

>Just look at all of that not-washed out in the foreground
It is all washed out.
>>
>>323098791
> Deathmatch is ruined because of the kill streak screen
No argument from me there, don't forget the retarded owned weapons brought in and special helmet let alone locate all phone call

> Cheaters get banned not bad sport
Cheaters use all sorts of forms and methods I'm including glitch as a former of cheating
Money is an mechanic, a drive a goal, instead of a level system you earn "points" that goes to awards. And most obvious a way for rockstar to make money

Freeroam deathmatches always boils down to a pissing contest on who can go through as much money as they can, it usually starts from someone using a jet to shit on everything as much as possible until they crash or get shot down only to run back and get another jet.

Have you ever been to a bad sport lobby?
It's a shit hole and people don't like it because it has like minded shitters who want nothing but shit on everything
>>
>>323099316
>That overplaying "but if you turn, you roll", which is completely inaccurate unless you hit a fucking curb or something, is a strawman.
Are you retarded? First of all that's not a strawman. Second of all HEKTIK BODYROLL isn't rolling a car. Third, this leaks into the next point:
>Haven't ever taken a corner above 35? Cars slide.
Yes, actually I have. Unless you are kicking the clutch and breaking traction, no car is going to slide doing 35 on a 90 degree apex unless you purposefully make it slide. There is no not sliding in GTA IV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdeq-hMoBA8

That's not realistic in the fucking slightest and I want you to seriously tell me that suspension doesn't look like the tie rods have snapped.
>>
>>323099316
Look at the caution poster, the rims, the sign.

Wow desert grass and concrete is dull. Everything is washed out!!!!

Donacdum
>>
>>323100490
>What is grass that's supposed to be vibrant, a blue sky instead of always overcast (and even still -- there's literally "blue" in that picture)..
Yet, there's still literally smog inbetween the car and that trailer -- like 40yds.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.