[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about these games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1452213243664.jpg (16 KB, 256x299) Image search: [Google]
1452213243664.jpg
16 KB, 256x299
What does /v/ think about these games
>>
>>323092561
can't get into the first one.
it might be a "uncharted situation" where it only gets good at Part 2, but i'll never find out.
I actually own 1 and 2 but still
Should have spent more time on ratchet.
>>
>>323092561
It was good, only beat the first one
>>
I suck at console shooters. How do I get gud? The stick feels so imprecise.
>>
>>323094682
Play a lot
>>
>>323094038

The second one was a garbage attempt at being a generic AAA shooter and lost all the good parts of the first (which was a game I really enjoyed). Third game was excellent though
>>
Only played 3. Enjoyed it, pretty decent shooter. Was refreshing to play an FPS without regenerating health for a change.
>>
>>323092561
3 > 1 > 2 in terms of single player

2 > 3 > 1 in terms of multiplayer
>>
>>323095321

>1
>Not the best multiplayer

Get the fuck outta here
>>
I miss the early ps3 era.
>>
>>323095812
We're never getting another Warhawk and that just makes me real fuckin' sad
>>
>>323096196
I'm glad to see so many people loved that game as much as I did. Really was an amazing time.
>>
>>323095321
3 for single player
2 for co-op
1 for multiplayer

BAM, the best rating
>>
>>323096196
I always get my ass handed to me, but it still was a great fucking game. It's a shame, remove the Warhawks and you gain balance, but you also lose a shit ton of fun.
>>
>>323094038
First one was best. Especially with all the weapons. Second one puts a retarded 2 weapon limit on you and adds regen health. 3rd game fixed that.
>>
>>323092561
I only played like half of the first one, and I guess it was an okay cover shooter. Really though it just made me want to play BLACK again. That was a better wave-enemy game.

It also needed more environmental interaction. But I didn't hate it, I don't have anything else bad to say about it. I understand the sequel is better.
>>
>>323097607

The sequel is garbage. The third game is good though
>>
>>323097607
>cover shooter

The fuck are you playing?
>>
>>323097882
My brother in law brings his PS3 over sometimes and we play it bro-op on my big TV. That's the only reason I haven't finished it...he has the sequels but he wanted to play them with me "in order" because he loves the lore for some reason.

I find the lore pretty generic. But he's a good kid and I like him so I let it go.
>>
>>323097982
Not like Gears of War level, but the portions of the first game I played you had to find cover a lot to not die, I was playing on hard.
>>
I want to fuck the aliens
>>
>Getting the Mutator in 3
Good times that weren't cut short by the end coming 5 minutes later

Also post best weapon from each:
>1: Hailstorm
>2: Auger
>3: Mutator
>>
I loved 1 and 3 and hated 2. I hear the co-op was good but since it's gone now it's just shit all around.

1 was by far the best all around, 3 brought back some essential parts (weapon wheel, no regen health) but it had an incredible amount of glitches and problems. Everytime I fired a weapon for the first time after pulling it out the sound would be off by at least 2 seconds, that is inexcusable. 1 was a great console FPS that had a unique setting.

>weapon wheels
>bullet travel time
>every weapon has an alt fire, usually a unique one
>health pickups

I really hope they have a sequel in the works
>>
>>323094682
Don't play it like a PC shooter.

before anons do the whole
>console fps
thing, I find enjoyment in console shooters for having a different peripheral style from the precise and fast aiming nature of KB+M. Generally, every movement of the stick needs to be done with precision or else you're just fucked. Since everyone is generally stuck with the whole analog to cursor shtick there is a slight breathing period where you can align the crosshair to the critical area and from there it's just a game of chicken; whoever pulls first while simultaneously making it to the hotspot wins.

That being said though I like playing arena shooters way more but that's besides the point

Try it with a lower sensitivity and depending on what you're using work your way up from there.
>>
>>323098508
Yea then those faggots with Augers just fuck your shit up
>>
I played the first one

It was enjoyable but was gritty grey
>>
>>323092561
1 and 3 are great, shame it's on a console
>>
>>323098560
I wish all the weapons were as creative as the Auger.
>>
>>323092561
it at least the series went out with a bang
>>
>>323098508
The enemies in the first game use Ratchet and Clank style AI aiming. You can dodge most projectiles in the game.

You can also fuck with the AI by rapidly moving left and right while standing in the open, which throws off their aim.
>>
>>323098560
The mutator was funny in mp
>>
>>323100027

I'm gonna have to try that sometime
>>
File: 124254688.gif (620 KB, 240x236) Image search: [Google]
124254688.gif
620 KB, 240x236
>>323092561
Competent but, forgettable FPS series. Hasnt it died already?
>>
I've only played Resistance 2 but i thought it was a pretty solid shooter that at least managed to get me interested in what's going on in the world. I also liked how most weapons had two types of attacks. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>323100753

Insomniac has said that they're done with the series, and the spin-offs Sony had made didn't do too well, so probably
>>
>>323096546
but 2 had the worst co op 1&3 were way better
>>
File: resistance burning skies.jpg (362 KB, 1176x1500) Image search: [Google]
resistance burning skies.jpg
362 KB, 1176x1500
How are Resistance: Burning Skies for the Vita and Resistance Retribution for the PSP? The PSP one in particular looks kind of shitty, or at least really different, but Burning Skies looks pretty similar to the main games.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.