[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there not more demand for another left4dead game? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
Why is there not more demand for another left4dead game?

They were balanced and nothing was really wrong with them.

they were fun
>>
>>323088813
Half Life 2 is older and most people liked it more.

There's really no point in demanding, though. Valve is done with making games that aren't competitive multiplayers with skins.
>>
>>323089406
but people will pay for it. Nobody is paying for counter strike variants.
>>
>>323089678

Another Left 4 Dead game would definitely make them money in the short term, but people would lose interest in it quickly because it's not a competitive game. Graphics age and the story becomes redundant. That's not a problem for competitive games. Beyond that, making a Left 4 Dead game is difficult and risky. It takes a long time and lot of effort to develop a story driven game rather than a competitive one with a few maps, and if it weren't well received like the previous installments, Valve could seriously damage their reputation.
>>
>>323089406
>Valve is done with making games that aren't competitive multiplayers with skins.

People only play VS mode and theres a ton of skins, I got bored of it years ago though.
>>
>>323088813
L4D2 was basically the first one perfected. There's very little reason to make a sequel to that game. The formula only works a certain amount of times.
>>
>>323092208
Left 4 Dead isn't really a competitive game.

Skins don't work well in games that people won't play very long.
>>
Why is the L4D community so cancerous?
>>
>>323092406
Except for the characters were annoying and I personally liked the first game's levels better. Everything else was improved though.
>>
>>323088813
I bet L4D3 will have skins and shit
>>
I don't believe it needs another game.
Rather just give it the tf2 treatment and just add on to it.
Add more maps, and chars to l4d2.
>>
Because playing the same campaigns over and over again with RNG spawns isn't fun at all. Player made campaign's are garbage.
>>
>>323088813
no need, left 4 dead 2 is amazing, and with all the mods there are you can change a lot of shit to still have fun
>>
>>323088813
its called vermintide ya skunt
>>
>>323096289
vermintide sucks
>>
>>323088813
because Killing Floor 1 and 2 are better than either L4D.
>>
>Why is there not more demand for another left4dead game?

Probably because Valve fucked over L4D1 customers by releasing L4D2 like a year later out of the blue and it made L4D1 completely obsolete.
>>
>>323096541
no u
>>
because killing floor 2 exists
\threat
>>
Because everyone knows Valve doesn't make games anymore
>>
>>323088813
>wanting another L4D game
I am sorry but why are these games loved? They are okay games but they are still buggy as hell to play and there still isnt a true local co-op on pc after so many years. I rather them make the current two more stable and add the local co-op before making anything else.
>>
There is in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDmCvIFi-po
>>
>>323096789
Fuck I was a part of the steam group. Didn't buy 2 until it was 7 dollars. I'd be down for a 3 if it had a heavy focus on mod support. Source 2 would open up a lot of potential.
>>
>>323088813
Why do people love L4D so much? It's fun for a little while, but there really isn't much to it. I like these co-op survival games like KF, but L4D is one of the weakest ones I played. The guns feel like airsoft guns, levels are superlinear with very little exploration or branching paths or anything. Not calling it shit or anything, but I don't see all the praise for it. Characters are kinda cool I guess.
>>
>>323088813
Valve is rumored to be developing Left 4 Dead 3.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.