[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arthas did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13
File: 51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg (6 KB, 164x185) Image search: [Google]
51NhtW9exnL._SX355_.jpg
6 KB, 164x185
Arthas did nothing wrong
>>
>>323083686
yeah he did
>>
>>323085059
no he didn't
>>
>>323085574
yes he did
>>
>>323083686
he should have just killed sylvanus, not resurrected her.
>>
>>323085574
no he didn't
>>
>>323085830
yes, he did
>>
>>323085830
>no he didn't
yes he did
>>
>>323083686
didn't he abandon his people? or like turn them into the scourge or some shit?
>>
He didn't do anything wrong in Stratholme going to Northrend is when he fucked up.
>>
>>323083686
glad you could make it, Arthas
>>
File: Lichking_ft.jpg (85 KB, 893x672) Image search: [Google]
Lichking_ft.jpg
85 KB, 893x672
Ner'Zhul did everything right, Arthas was just the bitch
>>
>>323086432
I don't get why Stratholme is suppose to be the point where Arthas went over the edge. what else could he have done? To date there's STILL no cure for undeath, save a good re-killing. there was no way the people of stratholme could have been saved, and would have just bolstered the scourges ranks.
>>
>>323083686
He thought he could persuade the players to join him without offering phat lewtz. That's the biggest mistake possible considering how 99% of the rest of the universe bribes murderhobos.

Guy probably didn't even offer dental. Who the fuck would take such a shit deal?
>>
Arthas did a couple things wrong.
>>
>>323085737
But then we wouldn't have the god-tierest race in Warcraft, or Nathanos MOTHERFUCKING Blightcaller.

Don't tell me you're some kind of blandshit human player, anon.
>>
>>323087248
Shhhh anon they would've found some magical Dalaranian cure while half the country got infected. That was the correct SJ--err, paladin path.
>>
He got caught.
>>
>>323087479
>Hey uh, I hear Heroic Stormwind has higher ilevel gear than I drop.
>PUT UP A PORT MAGE LET'S FRAG THOSE CHARLIES
>>
>>323087248
>Forced to murder the people you love and sworn to protect
>Hurr why did it send him over the edge guys durrrr
>>
>>323087897
Nah Arthas was too prideful to pull that. You ever notice that everyone who got corrupted always has way too much pride?

Only guys like Gul'dan that were always faggots to begin with don't have too much pride, cause ya know they are cockroaches.
>>
>>323087546
>god-tierest race in Warcraft
The Trolls? how would we not have Trolls, i dont follow.
>>
>>323083686
I see your Arthas also has an orb of fire and orb of frost
They don't stack
>>
>>323088153
I know the circumstances sent him over the edge, what i'm asking is why does everyone go "this is where hr crossed the line, this is where he went too far"
>>
File: seasoning.png (233 KB, 1744x883) Image search: [Google]
seasoning.png
233 KB, 1744x883
obligatory
>>
>>323089062
He disobeyed Uthers orders
>>
He did nothing wrong for purging Stratholme. He did, however, go full fucking retard chasing Mal'Ganis and then decided to listen to a voice in his head telling him that he needed Frostmourne to kill him.
>>
>>323089150
But he did need FROSTMOURNE to kill him
>>
>>323089140
>Not before they turn into the inedible
One job... ONE JOB!
>>
>>323089150

He only got voices in his head after he picked up frostmourne, and the moment he picked up frostmourne he was the lich kings bitch.
>>
>>323089150
Wrong, it's how he went about purging Stratholme. He lacks the managerial and persuasive skills to win Uther and Jaina over by compromising while accounting for the big picture.

All he had to do was allow Uther to do what he wanted while he set up a kill zone outside of Strat while having an elite detachment with him ready to rush in to save Uther with a "I told you so" fashion and not be smug about it. Treat the act as if it can't be helped and look reluctant doing it. Even if you don't give two fucks about your people it's something easily doable.

But there's no way Blizzard has anyone who can write about such a competent character. The entire point of Arthas was that he wasn't competent. He's green and naive, just like Garrosh. Only human so his ideals and values differ.

Everyone in Blizzard universe has to act like a cardboard cutout, otherwise they would stick out like a sore thumb. The core demographic has always been young teens and shit, so anything remotely complex is considered a no no, not that Blizzard could write about anything with a semblance of depth even if they wished to.
>>
>>323083686
So what the fuck are death knights and pandas doing in wow now?
Do they just exist?
>>
Are there any TROLL Legends mon ?
I dont like these generic human / orc
-metzen fetish pride fantasy shit
>>
>>323090209
Eat shit
There have been troll related shit since forever. The only expac with out any trolls is WoD. I'm pretty sure trolls will pop out again in legion
>>
>>323087248
>To date there's STILL no cure for undeath

There sorta is, but it's a very long procedure and all it can do is all the person to properly pass on when they die.
>>
>>323089834
The death knights are the knights of the ebon blade, who broke off from arthasas forces through some shenanigans or whatever.

The pandaren have been in the warcraft universe since warcraft III, but weren't actually introduced to wow til mists of pandaria.
which, I like the pandaren, but they really didn't need an entire expansion dedicated to them.
>>
>>323089239

Nah

For one, it didn't kill him.

Secondly, story-wise it's not actually necesary
>>
>>323090668

I'm in the alpha, the Zandalari ally themselves with the Legion
>>
Those Mercenaries did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>323089834
In a shocking twist, Blizzard is actually offering clarity to those two factions and what they've been up to through the Death Knight and Monk artifact quests in Legion.

In a not so shocking twist, you can presently recruit a Pandaren Death Knight follower in your garrison with zero context that will likely never be commented on.
>>
>>323091227

Well yeah, they didn't. They were just doing what Arthas paid them to do, they had no reason to go against their employer.
>>
File: fanart-0144-large.jpg (158 KB, 432x615) Image search: [Google]
fanart-0144-large.jpg
158 KB, 432x615
>>323090668
Trolls re tha best mon
We gat tha gud stuff
>>
>>323091217
That's retarded
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mom26kKqPb1qz4rgp.gif (327 KB, 540x618) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mom26kKqPb1qz4rgp.gif
327 KB, 540x618
>>323091272
>Pandaren Death Knight
>>
>>323087897
I like the idea of the super hardcore raiders that are always just there for the sweet purples and nothing else

>Arthas lies dead on the top of Ice Crown, with Tirion addressing the raiders
>"Thank you heroes, you have just saved this world from an evil more terrible then anything could of imagined."
>A Dwarf warrior admiring his new 2H mace says "Wait, we did what now?"

And meanwhile there's a gnome riding around on Arthas's horse and everyone else is calling her a lucky piece of shit
>>
>>323091552

Have you actually read up on troll lore? This shit is nothing new.
>>
File: How dare you.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
How dare you.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>323091580
shit wrong pic
>>
>>323087554

That is true.
The "good" characters in such generic high-fantasy tales are one-dimensional to the point of being ridiculous similar to the edginess of villans evil for evilness sake. A paladin has to emanate lawfulness and goodness and as such cannot make difficult moral choices. If forces of good are supposed to win a struggle they have to be beaten down to their lowest point without hope, but still fighting for their ideals and then wait for some stupid deus ex machina angels from heaven or other shit to help them turn the outcome of otherwise suicidal battle.

The story at this point was about falling to the "Dark Side" with honest intentions, but wrong means. I just do not understand why he has never redeemed himself and why his actions as an undead were just simply evil - he was not a misguided antihero. He was pissing on his father's ashes and killing his people to make an undead army - basically opposite of why he did all this in the first place.
>>
>>323092095
Once he picked up Frostmourn he was basically under the Lich King's control. So it didn't matter what his past morals were.
>>
>>323092095
>I just do not understand why he has never redeemed himself

Tichondrius says it in the first cutscene of the UD campaign. Frostmourne stole his soul, Arthas Menethil as we knew him was dead.
>>
File: 1381441527969.jpg (22 KB, 403x277) Image search: [Google]
1381441527969.jpg
22 KB, 403x277
>>323089062
>His mentor abandons him and calls him a monster
>the woman he loved abandoned him
>there was literally nothing else he could do

That wasn't the moment he crossed the line, he crossed the line when he burned the ships of his men and betrayed the mercenaries that helped him do it. Stratholme was to him, the moment everyone he loved abandoned him, and he was forced to bear the entire weight of his kingdom on his shoulders alone.

Fuck me, Arthas is the perfect example of a Fallen Paladin.
>>
>>323092095
>If forces of good are supposed to win a struggle they have to be beaten down to their lowest point without hope, but still fighting for their ideals and then wait for some stupid deus ex machina angels from heaven or other shit to help them turn the outcome of otherwise suicidal battle.

Because they embody something greater than themselves. They aren't alone in their battles.

It's only a deus ex machina because we don't live in a world where the gods regularly interfere with human affairs.
>>
>>323091608
There's a reason these raider's names are never recorded in history. Gotta preserve the dignity and honor of their people and all right? Nobody would ever respect a faction leader is the common man knew they constantly use 90% of the tax money to bribe 25 murderhobos to take down the villain of the month threatening to devour the world or some shit, especially not if those commoners also knew those murderhobos growing up in their shanty towns and know how faggoty most of them are.
>>
>>323092795
welfare epic babby detected
>>
Muradin said all that needed to be said about Arthas's character by the end of the campaign.

>"You lied to your men and betrayed the mercenaries who fought for you! What's happenin' to you, Arthas? Is vengeance all that is important to you?"

That's it, nothing else is needed.
>>
>>323092863
Nice projecting.
>>
>>323093053
But he's kinda wrong. Arthas also wanted to go through all that just to prove to everyone he was right all along so it wasn't just vengeance. He wanted to vindication.
>>
>>323093058
>automatically assume that the people who actually bother to put in the work to get their raid sets are faggots
>projecting
>>
I still regret killing those mercs ;_; they diddn du nuthin
>>
>>323091608
>As the Cataclysm end cinematic plays, a group of Horde adventurers are off screen just tearing apart anything left of Deathwing's malformed body
>"HEY THIS SCRAP OF BLOODY PLATE LOOKS LIKE SOME SICK SHOULDERS" An Orc calls out.
>Raid leader pulls out a magnifying glass, appraising it for a moment.
>"I'll allow it, 15 DKP and I'll say it has a set bonus too."
>"SICK NASTY BRO"
>A Goblin soars above them on a Lifebinder's Handmaiden, whooping. "Awww yeah I'm making this fuckin Dragon prisoner my slave FOR LIFE!"
>Alexstrasza holds back tears as she watches her kin being carted off to a fate worse than the Dragonmaw Orcs offered.
>"Peace, Lifebinder. We had no choice but to rely on them, or else Deathwing would have consumed all." Norzdomu pipes up. "Let your sister make the sacrifice... lest you make them wish to raid US next."
>>
>>323093293

Well they did burn down those ships

But it's what they were paid to do. It's like killing a plumber for fixing your sink
>>
>>323091608
>A group of Horde raiders is getting ready to square off against Garrosh at the end of SoO

>"Wait, why are we fighting the Warchief again?"
>"Shut the fuck up you idiot, this is my chance to get his Axe!"
>>
>>323092708
This. It shouldn't be a surprise the top paladin in the order would have faith that god would show him a way
>>
>>323093489
Yeah, exactly
>>
>>323093293
At that point, he had stopped caring for the kingdom and it's people. All he wanted was revenge and vindication, and he could only get that by killing Mal'Ganis.
>>
>>323093248
>who actually bother to put in the work to get their raid sets
>implying raiding is hard and not mindless tedious DDR

2016 and you pve fags are still under the delusion that you are remotely competent at anything. I still probably have more server firsts than you just counting up to Wrath, let alone after.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
>>323091272

It's not impossible to imagine that Chen wasn't the ONLY wandering panda before the mists cleared. Less probable is her becoming a bona fide Death Knight instead of just one of the wandering undead scattered around, but it's still vaguely possible.

>>323093353

>being carted off to a fate worse than the Dragonmaw Orcs offered.

Pretty much anything is worse than endless sexual pleasure.
>>
File: 1397170647117.png (242 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1397170647117.png
242 KB, 700x400
>commits genocide
>murders his own crew and blames it on the mercenaries that he hired
>all so he could stick his "sword" into malganis
>>
He did nothing wrong except betraying his mercenaries, kill his best friend and his dad.
>>
>>323094026
tumblr would defend him if Mal'ganis was a POC instead of being a snow cracker as pale as MJ.
>>
>>323093914
Oh yeah I forgot this is 4chan where literally everyone that played WoW here is actually a world first tier player that got server first Glaives and Sunwell and also cleared Naxx 40 while simultaneously getting 2700+ every single Arena season and also has every cutting edge since Achievements became a thing
>>
File: mog1.jpg (142 KB, 476x774) Image search: [Google]
mog1.jpg
142 KB, 476x774
this is now transmog
contribute
>>
>>323094235
wat
>>
>>323094315
Not him, but I was pretty top tier until I lost interest in FT. Though Arenas killed PvP, and I refused to participate in that bullshit because I knew where it was going.
>>
>>323094315
You're the one who assumed the person you're talking to didn't know shit. The only thing remotely 'hard' is World 1sts because no one knows the gimmicks yet, and even that is incredibly easy now given how you just datamine everything to hell and back.

But yes I did have war glaives, and cleared Naxx 40. But I was only around 2300~ cause like anyone else with a brain selling arena titles was far more profitable than climbing some more just to show off. Shame arena means jack shit now, AH is the only thing left to sell gold.

I don't claim to be any good at the game. It's just a matter of having friends and partners who don't suck dick, which is 90% having the proper social skills so you don't spill your spaghetti after awhile something you would know if you were any good at it.

The other 10% is just basic knowledge like rotations and shit, which is no different even in PvP because there's only so many variations and it's only getting easier whenever they squish the abilities and stats and homogenize items.

WoW was never a hard game. It was just a tedious game, just like most vidya. Almost any 6 digit paying job would be harder unless you are trying to go e-sports 'pro' which is more of a hassle than it's worth for most people and WoW doesn't even pay shit for that.
>>
>>323095118
Not like it was going to be possible to take any other direction given how the end of Vanilla was. People cared more about muh 1v1 d00l from Ming's blogs than world pvp, which was killed off by Blizzard introducing tons of bullshit to deter people from raiding cities and shit.

But also cause everyone was slowly creeping up to 60 even with their alts and people knew how to play the game. Once you know the ins and outs of such shallow mechanics people no longer try fighting when they don't think it's possible to win.

Back at launch and the first year or so? Oh man no one knew what was the best except a small portion of players, and even then new builds would pop up time to time, especially as new content gear came out. Remember Renatakis? What bullshit was that. Farming for Tidal Charm? Everyone gets to stun!
>>
>>323094814

>tfw literally 5 transmog sets for Monk

Kill me.
>>
So when people on 4chan say "Nothing wrong" they mean a character committed horrible atrocities, right?

Just doing research for the knowyourmeme article.
>>
You wanna talk characters who did nothing wrong?
>>
>>323094814
>>
>>323097814

He did blenty wrong because he was shittily written
>>
>>323098661
all he did he did for the horde
>>
File: 1465223597343.jpg (626 KB, 1525x1946) Image search: [Google]
1465223597343.jpg
626 KB, 1525x1946
>>323095118
>i was top tier
>b-but i d-dont play in arenas
>>
>>323098782

Then maybe he shouldn't have sabotaged the peace talks with the Alliance that were actually going well.
>>
>>323089140
>suspenderoni your peperoni
c:
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.