[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your game coming /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: Official_unity_logo.png (7 KB, 676x246) Image search: [Google]
Official_unity_logo.png
7 KB, 676x246
How's your game coming /v/?
>>
>>323071448
Still in the 'skill grinding' phase, thinking of making some demo game with free assets to test things out.
>>
>>323073039
If you do post a link to it, I'm sure some anons would be willing to give you some feedback
>>
File: homer.jpg (262 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
262 KB, 1284x980
>>323071448
>unity
>>
I solved that surfaces problem from the last thread. When the window loses focus (tabbed out or minimized for example) it saves a .png of each surface to the file folder, and on focus it adds them back to the recreated surfaces. Essentially even though the surfaces are destroyed, the recreation keeps the player's data so it's like nothing happened.

I've also managed to create an enemy type that is only drawn to one surface, so I can build on that and eventually create parent groups drawn a surface, with item/enemy instances as children. Beyond this the biggest issue will be collision detection - the player's sprite will need to check against surfaces and against enemy objects, enemy objects will need to check against the player's weapon, etc. If I can wrap that up within the next couple of days, the hardest part of the engine will be done with.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-11+at+08.09.57).png (7 KB, 237x251) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-11+at+08.09.57).png
7 KB, 237x251
My microautism keeps me from getting any work done.
>>
File: 1228956858555.gif (763 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1228956858555.gif
763 KB, 320x240
Still need a pixel artist for an adventure game...
>>
>>323073615
Any better engine suggestions?
>>
File: CUCCO_BOOM.gif (855 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
CUCCO_BOOM.gif
855 KB, 128x128
I've actually finished it! I haven't posted in previous threads since I missed a few, so let me introduce it to you: It's called Cucco Boom, and it's a tweak on the classic infinite runner game. Here's a gif (that weights too much for this shit < http://i.imgur.com/Iy2cDEA.gif) so you can see it on action. It's my first small project ever, so it doesn't have an extensive size and it was made in just a few weeks, but there's that.

I'm having some trouble when it comes to advertising and letting people know my game exists. Can you guys give me some advice on that?
>>
>>323075517
Do you have a facebook with some amount of friends on it?
I'd try there. Your game looks like it can attract a normalfag crowd easy.
>>
File: 1408893339934.jpg (105 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
1408893339934.jpg
105 KB, 413x600
>>
File: banner.png (204 KB, 1024x500) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
204 KB, 1024x500
>>323076405
I have a facebook, but I don't know jack about spreading myself on it. How do you attract people to your page? Do I spam it like hell on groups?

I have a twitter (more active than facebook) that's slowly growing, but the other one, not so much luck.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.