[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All memes aside, is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
All memes aside, is it worth it?
>>
>>323057782
if you're into jap games, then yes
>>
Literally the best console since the PS1 Tbh
>>
>>323057782

Memes aside, playing games period isn't worth it.
>>
Paid online!
>>
Do you own a Gaming PC?

If so, do you want to play any PS4 exclusives? If so, buy it for them or wait until they come out.

If not and you aren't going to build one anytime soon and you want to play recent games, buy it.
>>
>>323057782
Not right now, but in 2 months - 1 year, sure.
>>
File: 711CHJ5S4lL._SL1366_.jpg (228 KB, 1086x1366) Image search: [Google]
711CHJ5S4lL._SL1366_.jpg
228 KB, 1086x1366
>>323057782
is there even a videogame you really want OP?
>yes
don't buy the console for 1 game
>no
wait for the game to come out

i vastly prefer my Wii U, Destiny is ok but has no soul and i mainly use my PS4 as a MGS5 machine
>>
>>323057782
No
>>
It's only worth it if you don't have a decent PC and you have absolutely no intention of ever building a decent PC.

It's pointless to go PC + PS4 for the same reason that PC + 360 was retarded. The overlap is like 99%.

If you MUST get an 8th gen console and you already have a PC, then I guess get a Wii U because it has games not on PC (but even then I would wait until its discontinued so the price drops to rock-bottom). And if you don't have a PC, then go fucking build a PC before even thinking about doing anything else.
>>
File: 1434257953648.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1434257953648.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2000
>>323058323
>The overlap is like 99%.
It's less than 70%, meme man.
>>
>>323058539
Sorry, you're right.

I mean to say "The overlap is like 99% of games actually worth playing"
>>
>>323058725
What games are you talking about, sweetie?
>>
>>323058992
You first. Please name all the wonderful PS4 exclusives.
>>
>>323057782
no
>>
>>323059097
bloodborne
>>
File: classic-sonygger.jpg (78 KB, 746x876) Image search: [Google]
classic-sonygger.jpg
78 KB, 746x876
>>323059097
Current PS4 exclusives:
>Bloodborne + Old Hunters
>Infamous SS
>Until Dawn
>Killzone SF
>Tearaway Unfolded
>Disgaea 5
>Driveclub + Bikes (fantasric game post-patches)
>LBP3
>Resogun
>N++

Upcoming PS4 exclusives (announced titles only):
>Detroit: Become Human
>Ace Combat 7
>Ni No Kuni 2
>Dreams (Tearaway/LBP devs)
>New God of War (mainline title)
>GT Sport
>Gravity Rush 2
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>Bloodborne sequel (confirmed on official Bloodborne FB page)
>The Last Guardian
>Ratchet and Clank Redux
>Uncharted 4
>Alienation (housemarque)
>Mattterfall (housemarque)
>Rime
>WiLD (from the creator of Rayman)
>13 Sentinels Aegis Rim (Vanillaware)
>Persona 5
>TLoU2 (confirmed by Nolan North)
>GG Xrd Revelator
>Unannounced open-world horror game from Sony Bend
>Deep Down
>Ys 8
>Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
>Megadimension Neptunia VII
>NIOH (Team Ninja)
>Toukiden 2
>Danganronpa 3
>Dragon Quest Builders
>Yakuza 0
>Yakuza 6
>New Valkyria Chronicles
>King of Fighters XIV
>Steins;Gate 0
>Dragon Quest XI
>FFVII Remake
>Kingdom Hearts 2.8
>NieR Automata
>Star Ocean 5
>EDFI 4.1

Also with PC (PS4/PC only)
>Shenmue 3
>Hellblade
>Abzu
>Street Fighter V
>Firewatch
>No Man's Sky
>The Witness

PC exclusives coming to/already on PS4
>Divinity Original Sin
>Overwatch
>Mount and Blade
>Magicka 2
>Cities Skylines
>Wasteland 2
>Crypt the Necrodancer
>DayZ
>Vanishing of Ethan Carter
>KillingFloor 2
>Talos Principle
>Kerbal Space Program
>H1Z1
>Ark Survival Instinct
>The Forest
>>
Only if you manage to strike a decent deal with second-hand, but a new one definitely not worth the price.
>>
>>323059097
>my taste is absolute, but i won't name any games

Looks like you're a little bitch from r/pcmasterrace, shilling his geeforce chips.
>>
>>323059296
i assume you just copy pasted this.
however calling Overwatch a "PC exclusive" is kinda dumb since it's day and date with the console release.
>>
>>323059296
>all shit

thanks man
>>
>>323059296
Okay, you you listed 10 worthwhile current PS4 exclusives.

There are approximately 900 PS4 games total. That equates to about... 1%. Thank you for making my point for me.

Look, it's a matter of fact that as we progress in generations, games are becoming more expensive and developers/publishers are more inclined to release their games as multiplats in order to make as much money as humanly possible. Gone are the days where there are tons of worthwhile exclusives on each platform that serve to truly distinguish them. Even sony themselves have said that they don't have much in terms of exclusive games. Which is totally understandable; they're doing well without needing them, so why should they even bother instead of just riding the current wave of success? They're in the same position as microsoft was in during the 360 days, and they didn't many worthwhile exclusives then either.
>>
>>323060241
Baiting aside, it's pretty funny when fedorarace is calling PS4 games shit and then praises some ugly clunky trash like Mount&Blade.
>>
File: 1449326940365.png (61 KB, 929x921) Image search: [Google]
1449326940365.png
61 KB, 929x921
>>323060463
THIS

SONY SHOULD PORT ALL GAMES TO PC
SAY NO TO EXCLUSIVES!
>>
>>323057782
as someone who owns ps4 from day 1 (also had xbone but sold it) NO, both ps4 and xbone are not worth buying especially if you have average+ pc...
one is bloodborne station other is forza box... rest multiplats are pure shit compared to pc ports for most part...
PS4 may be worth buying used in 2 years when all games are released
>>
>>323060761
No, what I'm saying is that a system like PS4 doesn't have enough worthwhile exclusives to warrant a purchase unless it's your own modern gaming platform.

It'd be fantastic if it did have a massive library of exclusive games like the PS2 did, but those days are gone. It's a shame that all the systems are basically streamlined and there are only the slightest marginal differences between them now.
>>
>>323060978
p.s. i suck dicks
>>
>>323061092
10 good exclusives is more than enough to purchase a console, unless you're a poorfag who only pirates and buys 2$ games off Steam. Oh wait.
>>
>>323057782
Not right now. It probably will be in a year or so.
>>
>>323061228
You really consider stuff like Killzone, Until Dawn, Droivecloob, and LBP3 to be such worthwhile exclusives that warrant the purchase of a PS4?

I mean, I can't disagree with you thinking that's true for yourself, but surely you can't think that's general sentiment. The masses don't buy PS4 because of its few exclusives. They buy it because they're not the type of people who are going to build PCs and because MS royally fucked up with the Xbone.
>>
>>323057782
Only reason to get a PS4 is because Sony got Kojima and Bloodborne.
>>
Bloodborne is a very good game. Is it a PS4 seller?
Not unless you're interested in Nier Automata, Ni-oh, the version of Dark Souls 3 with the least/no cheaters, etc.
>>
File: EDF4.1.webm (3 MB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1.webm
3 MB, 480x288
>>323057782
yes

YES

EES

EEF

EDF

EDF
EDF
EDF
EDF
EDF
>>
It's worth it to me cause I'm a weeb. And also I'd follow Yakuza and KH anywhere. Even if Sega were to release 0 on PC, I'd probably just buy it twice.
>>
>>323059097

In 2016 PC has..
Xcom 2 and....????
>>
File: WeebShit.jpg (1 MB, 2502x1290) Image search: [Google]
WeebShit.jpg
1 MB, 2502x1290
>>323058323
>>323058725
>>323059097
I have a high-end PC + 3k monitor and you're full of shit

I use my PS4 all the time and even play a lot of multiplats on it, especially any and all co-op games like Helldivers / Gauntlet / RocketLeague, but also some AAA games since the PC port and/or community are much shitter in some cases.
For instance, with MGS5 I chose to take shittier graphics over the online mode being delayed to hell, and hackers invading everyone's bases. Having the option of playing fighting games on the PS4 is also great since the community is larger and doesn't die nearly as quickly. I'm actually saddened that SFV has cross-play, I hope PC scriptkiddies don't infest my matches.

If you are into jap games at all (If you literally play anything outside of Fallout4 or CoD) then the PS4 is also a great system to own even if you have a 1500$ PC

As an idort I love to see all the PCucks speculating over the tiniest port rumors (Valkyria spin-off, Persona5, FF15, Nier:Automata, etc etc etc), while all they actually get in a timely manner (within 1 year of the console release) are the bottom of the barrel shit nip titles.

How many threads have I seen of people asking for alternatives for EDF, or MonsterHunter? They are willing to play shit like Toukiden or Insect Armageddon over the originals just because they don't want to fork out a couple hundred dollars for the vastly superior versions. It's just sad, really.
>>
>>323068867
wrecked
>>
File: CUOXb4mW4AApNrX.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CUOXb4mW4AApNrX.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Depends entirely on whether you want the games on it.

I have a gaming PC and Wii U and I got a PS4 on launch and it's consistently entertained me with both stuff I've specifically wanted and bought, as well as some PS+ stuff. The system itself is solid, remote play especially is really nice.

Ultimately though, that's me. Buy it if/when it gets enough that you're sure it'll be worth it for you.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (40 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
40 KB, 800x580
>>323069587
*sniff*
*nose scratch*
*nod of approval*
*adjusts wicked sunglasses*
*crosses arms*

Thanks.
>>
>>323057782
no, i got the nathan drake bundle but its average and the game selection is underwhelming
if you have a ps3 just play that because PS3 > PS4
>>
>>323070790

PS3 was the worst of times for Sony. all those best PS3 games will get ported or have been ported to PS4 anyways, without the Sub HD.
>>
>>323057782

Nope. PS4 is a total piece of shit.

This is the worst console gen in gaming history. I always hated PC gaming, but this gen finally broke me and now I'm a PC gamer.

Fuck Sony
>>
>>323058013
>ps2
>not best
kill yourself my man
>>
>>323057782
Nope
>>
>>323057782
As someone with all major platforms, I'd say yes if you aren't a huge fan of always sitting in front of your monitor. A lot of games are superior on a solid PC but if you want to lounge on the couch in front of a big screen, I honestly prefer some of these multiplats on a console. I get sick of sitting at my desk, I do that enough when doing real work. Then the exclusives are just a bonus.

If you love playing on your PC then no.
>>
>>323068867
>monster hunter
>ps4
okay bud
>>
>>323070308
Is Desco DLC only?
How's Pleinair if you have her?
>>
>>323070308
I'm in the same situation, and other than Bloodborne, PS4 has been completely useless for me.
I guess it would be different if I liked Disgaea games though, those last for dozens of hours
>>
The PS1 was the only Playstation worth owning and that's only because it was originally the successor to the SNES and Ninty shat itself with the N64.

But whatever buy it for muh Bloodborne and muh FIFA we all know you're going to anyway.
>>
>>323071446

I have been playing Disgaea since October without any complaints, and but this Ferbruary, lots of games will finally come out.
>>
As somebody who mostly plays Japanese games I don't think it's worth it and probably won't pick one up for a bit just yet.
>>
File: CUO-Wa0WcAA0TFw.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CUO-Wa0WcAA0TFw.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>323071432
Yeah, you need to get the Fuka chapter DLC to get Desco.

And I only bought Metallia, Nisa and the Fuka chapter, so no Pleinair. Sorry, man.

>>323071446
Primarily it was Infamous Second Son and Resogun that got me to buy early, but since then I've had a fair amount on it. Pretty sure I've got more on it since launch than any other system I've owned from launch in the same time frame, but that's including some multiplats I got cheap/as gifts like Watch Dogs.

Funnily enough Bloodborne is the one thing I really need to give more time as I've barely played it.
>>
File: actual fun combat.gif (1 MB, 260x196) Image search: [Google]
actual fun combat.gif
1 MB, 260x196
>>323071319
where did I imply pic was related?
Regardless, I did mention MonHun in the post, but I just picked an image at random
>>
Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>
>>323057782
Aside from all the shitposting, if you want to buy a home console instead of a PC, this is the console you want to buy. Doesn't have many exclusives but the Xbone doesn't really have that many worthwhile ones either. Ps4 has a smoother interface and outperforms the Xbone in just about every multiplat.
>>
>>323059296

>No Man's Sky

Are people still excited for that?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.