[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I'm that cool looking guy on the front cover and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: SadNihilus.jpg (479 KB, 1770x2690) Image search: [Google]
SadNihilus.jpg
479 KB, 1770x2690
Hey I'm that cool looking guy on the front cover and I'm barely in the game!

They even gave me special combat animations
>>
>>323039750
[clogged-pipe noises]
>>
Most disappointing part of the game.
>>
Isn't he also said to be the most dangerous and powerful of the Sith Triumvirate?
>>
>>323041092
yeah but your character hard counters him so he doesn't seem so dangerous
>>
I agree; his presentation was relatively anti-climactic.

Stll, Kreia does talk about him a lot, compares him to Sion (who does get more in-game time), and his development/backstory is key to the themes of the game.
>>
>Influence lost: Kreia

anyway, why is this game so goddamn bugged? one quest broken on telos, other impossible to complete withouth getting darkside points on nar shaddaa, broken triggers all over the place, etc
>>
I started playing KOTOR 2 last night after beating the first KOTOR a decade ago. I usually dislike playing older games but fuck me, I'm actually really liking it (even though I'm only like 8 hours in)

Is the game consistently good?
>>
>>323041507
Doesn't the RCM fix a lot of bugs as well?
>>
>>323041561
no
it gets better
>>
>>323041507

Out of the box, it's literally unfinished. A lot of stuff was cut or rushed out the door.

Play it with the Restored Content Mod. That's what the game should have been.
>>
>>323041561
Yes, it's consistently good. Some planets feel like chores (like Peragus, especially) - but I don't think they will feel that way on first playthroughs.
>>
>>323041561
it gets better towards the midgame but the ending leaves a bit to be desired imo. Still one of the few RPGs where I liked all of the party
>>
>>323041092
Yes
He literally tore worlds apart with the force
Then you meet him and he blows a raspberry at you in ancient Sith lingo and dies
Kinda disappointing

Malak may have been a fucking cheeseball but at least he was there the whole game constantly fucking with your shit
>>
>>323041773
What's great about the restored content mod is that even bioware admitted to the game being unfinished, and they recommend all players to install it. Old bioware was the tits.
>>
>>323041954
You mean Obsidian
>>
>>323041954
obsidian you mean
>>
>>323041801
i actually like peragus though. all that lonely feeling. i guess they wanted to implement a horror to the story but failed.

i still like all the loneliness, everyone dead and only robots around. gives me chills. so much lost potential in peragus imo.
>>
>>323042070
>>323042094
brb killing myself from shame, leaving thread
>>
>>323041561
It gets better but then I thought the last 25% or so was just disappointing .
>>
>>323041928
but supposedly he cant find you because you are a void in the force or something like that? thats why he sends visas but since visas joins us cant trace her as well.
>>
>>323042163
Peragus was cool
I hated it as a kid but I guess thats the power of nostalgia

Telos however..
>>
>>323042357
i really liked peragus both when i was a kid and adult tbhq.

>everyone is dead
>you are trying to figure out what happened
>robots attacking you left and right
>suddenly a cruiser approaches with everyone on board dead
>shid :DDD

telos was a bit chore though yeah.
>>
>>323041561

Both KOTOR games have agonizingly slow starts, but they pick up as they go and end on a good note. Like another anon said, some areas still feel like chores sometimes like Manaan in the first game, but it never gets as bad as the opening worlds.
>>
>>323042561
Manaan has the comfiest soundtrack though
Based Jeremy Soule
>>
>>323039750

the put him on the cover because his design is 'cool'

they really should have had kreia on the cover
>>
I have delayed a playthrough of this for the last 6 years because all I remembered was fucking Paragus.

40hrs in now, worth pushing past it.
>>
>>323042804
I don't know why they had such a hard-on for extremely lengthy starting areas, but that shit needs to stop for KOTOR3

never ever ;_;
>>
I bought the second game expecting to be able to play as a droid.

Can i choose a droid as MC ?
Is there any Kotor2 mods that let me play as a droid ?
>>
>>323042804

peragus is nowhere near as bad as telos, you start off with jedi powers (force speed nigga), the GOAT character in kreia and if since you already finished the game you know exactly where to go/what to do

also taris is MUCH worse than peragus, i wanted to kill myself playing through that shit again in kotor 1 recently, no force speed and you are stuck with the worst bioware character ever in carth - instead of kreia
>>
>>323042561
Manaan is not a chore. The underwater part is mildly annoying, but the whole planet has god-tier atmosphere (including the music) and a variety of things to do.

Dantooine, however, is fucking terrible. CSI: Dantooine is the Peragus of KotOR 1.
>>
File: Kreia_art.jpg (99 KB, 980x1436) Image search: [Google]
Kreia_art.jpg
99 KB, 980x1436
>>323042870

i meant kriea like this, obviously not in her darth traya garb/makeup, i dont think you would assume anything if this kreia was on the boxart
>>
the first thing kreia tells you about her self with minimum influence is that she is an "ex" sith lord. later on she talks about "traya" as if it some huge mystery and that she cannot reveal any information to the exile about her yet. what? why?
>>
>>323043016
Dont forget everyones favourite character, Ahlan Matale!
What a compelling and interesting quest, was on the edge of my seat
>>
>>323042996
you replayed kotor I? on windows 10 by any chance? does it run fine?
>>
>>323042987

you get a droid hk-47

there is also a section where you take control of a droid for a certain section of the game
>>
>>323043110
I realised this
Deleted my spoilers for these anons who havent played it
>>
>>323042996
The reason I don't like Peragus is because there is little variety in quest types and conversations. The most interesting thing to talk to is the fucking HK droid. As for quests, they are literally all of "escape the mine" variety. It gets old after just one playthrough, when the atmosphere (which is good, I agree) wears off.

At least Telos and Taris have people to talk to, different sides to support, and Sith parties to attend. There is an air of variety about them; they feel much less on-rails.
>>
>>323043269
Boring i wanted to be a jedi droid, in one of the dark horse comics there is a droid that can use the force and is a jedi
>>
>>323043016

you understate just how awful the underwater section is

i have no idea how they thought making your character move at 20% normal speed was a fun thing to do
>>
>>323043140
Shit writing
>>
>>323043452
>i have no idea how they thought making your character move at 20% normal speed was a fun thing to do
That part takes only a few minutes. It's fucking terrible, sure, but you can't discount the entire planet because of that.
>>
>>323043016
Agreed.
>>
File: 1192663964430.jpg (28 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1192663964430.jpg
28 KB, 500x375
>>323043235

i should rephrase, i ATTEMPTED to replay kotor 1 recently on windows 10

between save games being corrupted and not being able to be loaded anymore and my game randomly crashing, i gave up after i finished taris, well i couldnt actually continue after taris since my game wouldnt load anymore but yeah

its not worth the hassle trying to run it on windows 10, it simply will not work

i really hope that some sort of modern patching is done for kotor 1 (like was done for kotor 2 recently) because its one my fav games ever, its so comfy and bastilla is still my waifu
>>
>>323043427

that... sounds fucking retarded

like 99% of the things in the EU
>>
Hes better than aye m8 lets hunt some roos for dinner with shrimp on the barbie with revenge. Oh wait im a zombie.
>>
>>323043140

It kills the mystery of her backstory, sure, but as a character, it makes some sense. She's obsessed with you, she wants you to understand her and listen to her, to be like her. So opening up with little influence is understandable, be it a tad disappointing.
>>
>>323043427
Well, you can surround yourself with droids, which can make for a fun party (I always find myself doing this at least once a playthrough).

Despite what others will say, I like the droids - even G0-T0. Even T3.

Bring T3 for the skills
Bring HK for the bantz
Bring G0-T0 for the commentary and strategies. Also, his droid scramble is fun.
>>
>>323043673
what version did you use? steam? gog? cd? dvd re-release?
>>
>>323043647

i dunno man, there is a reason why i always left manaan till last

though i do agree it is a really comfy planet with some great music
>>
This is a joke right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nxccF1VrQM

This has got to be the most cheesiest shit I have ever seen. also

>play kotor 2 right after kotor 1
>"jedi civil war", "can the republic revive"
>still have the ending in kotor 1 in mind

what the fuck happened. Obsidian totally shit on 1
>>
>>323043934
I almost always did it first, actually.

Sometimes I'd do Korriban first, too, to jump right in.
>>
>>323043673
?

>download cracked exe (if using steam version)
>patch with wsgf
>copy fixed hud to overwrite folder
>play in 1080p windowed borderless with 0 crashes
>>
>>323042707
They didn't because that would reveal the plot twist
>>
File: image.jpg (489 KB, 1000x1288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489 KB, 1000x1288
>>323039750
>Tfw fighting this guy as a stealth character with an underleved party
>>
>>323044017
>what the fuck happened. Obsidian totally shit on 1

you're either dense or not paying attention at all. kotor 2 is pretty much a love letter to 1.
>>
>>323043928

i bought it on steam which i now regret because it doesnt fucking work on windows 10

i tried every fix i could think of and google could suggest but my save games kept getting corrupted - forcing me to reload an earlier save all the time and i eventually just gave up

like i said, it needs a new patch or a complete rebuild for it to work on windows 10
>>
>>323043917
I really didnt like goto at all
That whole planet sucked ass. Mira is shit, that literally who wookie, and a floating testicle
Nar Shaddaa is the worst planet in the game aside from Telos
>>
>>323041092
He is. The only reason you're able to wipe the floor with him is because you're the Exile.

Any other Jedi, perhaps even Revan, would have been drained dry when Nihilus drained their force powers. When he tried that with you, it was like breaking the laws of physics, he cannot drain what is already a hole.

tl;dr he chokes like a bitch when he tries and you slaughter him. I agree he was anticlimactic, perhaps you should have fought him as individual party members or something for emphasis on how dangerous he was. .
>>
>>323044113
>Stealth guy

There is no stealth. There is only Sneak Attack X + Stasis/Fear/Concussion Grenades.
>>
>>323044095
>>323044215
>>323043928

i also tried a pirated copy and the gog / dvd release and with a cracked exe

all of them had the issue of save game corruption and freezing when you try loading a game, its simply not meant to be
>>
>>323044017
Kotor 1 is a star wars story
Kotor 2 is what it would be like to live in the star wars universe
>>
>>323044113
>tfw playing as a ranged Jedi with dual Mandalorian disintegrators and literally just shooting him
>tfw doing the same to Sion and Kreia
>>
>>323044113
>Stealth

I have never used stealth ever
Is it even viable? It looks clunky as shit
>>
>>323044215

Literally played the steam version last night with 0 problems.

Find "v1.03 fixed EXE by FairLight." on google and download it.

Follow this guide; http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

It ain't hard pal.
>>
>>323044438
From what I remember on my playthrough (could be wrong) sneak attack multipliers were crazy. They weren't viable in most boss encounters though...
>>
>>323044017

its obviously meant to mirror the end of a new hope

it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>323044410
With sneak attack it is by far the most OP build in the game. 15-20x crit range. 50 - 110 damage in both hands. Rapid fire with 35+ attack rating.
>>
>>323041092
Yes. The part where Visas goes "He's too powerful!" is a bit weird when you've fighting the guy unarmed because he's so weak compared to your ultra strong party.
>>
>>323044390
You fucked up then, because I cracked it and patched it last night and it's worked fine. I have a single 10 hour save with 0 crashes (even with tabbing in and out of the game).
>>
>>323044512

read my other reply, i already tried a million different things (fairlight crack included)

it wasnt the crashing that was a problem because i fixed that, it was save games being corrupted to where they could not be loaded anymore, making the game an incredible chore to play through

and yes i already knew about widescreen stuff too
>>
>>323044107
Kriea being a Sith isn't a twist. You can find out her past as far back as Telos with high enough persuasion and influence.

The real twist is that your journey caused the more harm than good.
>>
Why's there so many KotOR threads now?
And why is Force Storm Consular the best build?
>>
>>323044017
Kotor 1 has better worldbuilding (e.g. the Builders, the Sand People - everything in the lore up to the Star Forge)
Kotor 2 has a better story and plot, with far more subtlety, and more interesting characters

I like both for those above reasons. KotOR 2 might be a better game, because of its gameplay improvements alone - I especially like the cool stuff you can do at the workbench/lab stations.
>>
>>323044582
She's having flashbacks/PTSD. Cut blindy a little slack.
>>
>>323039750

Hes the most super bad ass planet eating sith in existence ever to be bad ass!
hes so bad ass if you cant ever beat him!!

and then you go to him and slap him in the head with a laser sword
quality game design from obsidian
>>
>>323044759

Lingering Force Awakens hype and the fact that the Star Wars Collection was on sale on steam a couple of weeks ago for like 20 bucks.
>>
>>323044759

but its not, saber staff guardian with heart of the guardian and solari + upari plus all points into str and all +str gear and maxed out flurry one shots everything including malak on difficult
>>
>>323044571
Right, but it takes some time to build up to that.

I agree, though - for what might be expected to be a niche build, it was surprisingly easy to steam-roll the late-game.
>>
>>323044942
I prefer taking out entire rooms in two Force Storms, or one if I go full minmax on wisdom
>>
>>323039750
Is that kylo ren?
>>
I couldn't install the droid planet mod. Did I miss out?
>>
>>323045045

fodder in rooms isnt ever a problem in the kotor games, its the bosses

im pretty sure force storm doesnt do all that much to bosses in kotor 1 while flurry easily one shots all of them once you get to a good gear level
>>
>>323044942
He said best build, not most OP.

You can't deny that Force Storm consular isn't ridiculously powerful, though.
>>
>>323045234
Kinda
The first half is terrible, I remember scouring the entire level to find some droid for 15 minutes
Story gets pretty good though, you should play through it at least once
>>
It's pretty fucken obvious everything in the ending part of the game was rushed out the door.
>>
File: literally who.jpg (102 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
literally who.jpg
102 KB, 1440x1080
What the fuck was this guys problem?
>>
>>323045234
No
>>
>>323045234
don't install it. it's trash. there is a reason they threw it in the trash. 10% of the assets were actually done by obsidian. the modders added their own shitty VO and other lame shit. don't bother.
>>
>>323044759
Light side gun wizard was the most fun I had with the game.
>>
>>323045341

no shit, theres multiple sources of devs saying they had to rush the game out to meet a christmas deadline, they need at least another 5-6 months work really
>>
>>323045379
He suffers from severe WCS, "worst character syndrome"
>>
>>323045242
That's a good point, in KotOR 1 I definitely had to run circles to not get fucked by Malak
However, in 2 I think Force Storm worked pretty well while just standing in place
Or if you go DS you can use Force Crush to absolutely wreck any 1 on 1 fight
>>
>>323045042
Not really. With some credit management you can get two Mandalorian Rippers as soon as you get off Telos. Merchant in Dantooine sells one, and the mandalorian merchant on Dxun sells one.

That's the second most powerful blaster in the game, before you even defeat any of the jedi masters.
>>
File: RevanRum.jpg (50 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
RevanRum.jpg
50 KB, 667x500
Did Revan wanted to fug the Exile when she was his general.

Also explain whats is up with Bastila battle mediation in kotor 1, why is it so powerful and why doesn't more jedis use it in kotor 2.
>>
>>323045341
Lol what ending? Final boss dies and your space ship flies away or falls down.
>>
>>323045341
Yes, I was so fucking confused on Malachor V. Especially when I saw Bao Dur as a hologram, having not known what the fuck happened to him. That whole planet was a clusterfuck

The Restored Content mod is basically necessary. I'm so glad I replayed the game with that; this shit started to make sense then.
>>
>Brianna is best character
>they make female Exile canon
???????
Also, why doesn't BioWare do the whole "corrupt your companions to evil" thing anymore? Made my dick hard in KotOR and Jade Empire
Yes I know KotOR 2 isn't by BioWare
>>
File: sarif unimpressed.png (389 KB, 804x863) Image search: [Google]
sarif unimpressed.png
389 KB, 804x863
>>323045510
>Did Revan wanted to fug the Exile when she was his general.
>>
>>323045510
>why is it so powerful
because it's not some big retarded display of power like 99% of force users like to do. Instead it's subtle, efficient, and tactical. Also, she was a prodigy or something.
>>
>>323045436
This; I'm >>323044410
>>
>>323045510
No, the stuff between those two wasn't romantic in nature in either game or even in TOR.

Because Bastila's strength with Battle Meditation isn't something that can be taught. Others can use it to boos those around them but Bastila can influence entire armies.
>>
>>323045501

yeah the 'caster' class in kotor 2 was much better due to the feats & powers being much stronger compared to koro 1, and having a stance that massively increases force regen/force damage

you can spam insanity/storm all day long in kotor 2 and later on force crush on bosses to rape them

but again in kotor 2, guardian/weapon master lightsaber +str focued characters are still ridiculously op, i was doing about 600 damage per flurry on my last playthrough which is insane
>>
>>323045510
No, Revan didn't want to fug, his one true love was high impact force violence.

Battle Meditation isn't an unusual power, but Bastila could do it on such a masive, crazy scale that she cold turn entire battles in her favor, while most jedi can only influence a handful of people, more like a "force pep-talk".
>>
>>323045634
Handmaiden was a fucking semen demon
>that slut makeup she wears when you corrupt her
My dickkkkk
>>
>>323045242
Yeah. Malak has pretty high saves and unless you've prepared for those with high charisma/wisdom stats you're kinda fucked.
>>
>>323045503
Hmmm, maybe took too long with some of the abilities then. I did get those Rippers from early merchants. Kinda fun, too, to give credits and useless items an actual purpose - namely to buy Rippers.

I mean, nothing was particularly hard - it's just that I didn't feel like I was steam-rolling until the mid-to-late-game.
>>
>>323045713
>>323045664
I think battle meditation is basically the "use the force to hit the exhaust port, m8" scene but for an entire army instead of just Luke
>>
>>323043812

wtf are you even talking about?
>>
>>323045634
While Bioware said the exile was female they also said Brianna went with her.
>>
>>323043812
Lol what??
>>
>Revan
>Malak
>Nihilus
>Lumiya
>Sith Stalker/Dark Lord Starkiller
>Kylo Ren (at least it's plot relevant)

How many times are we going to get masked Sith Darth Vader expy villains?
>>
>>323045901
Disciple KEKED
C
U
C
K
E
D

Seriously though fuck Bioware and their forced "diversity" bullshit
>>
>>323045846
It's that plus boosts of stamina and morale. Basically force amphetamines to give your guys the edge.
>>
>>323044375
>perhaps even Revan
Fuck off with this shit
Yes, even Revan. Revan doesn't have a counter to getting his fucking force energy eaten. Hell, Luke, the most powerful jedi to ever life, doesn't have that power.
Only a few select jedi such as the Exile do.

Also, the Exile is much stronger than Revan anyway due to the force bonds they've made
>>
>>323046087
morale I can understand but stamina? she was using the meditation in a space battle
>>
>>323045839
What attack skill do you use as a rooty tooty wizard shooty? Rapid, crit, or power?
>>
>>323045839
Well, I kind of did a Boba Fett build in that I wore heavy armor. I used Kreia in my party to buff me up with Battle meditation, Speed, etc. Turned me into a god of war pretty much. I also used Insanity as it can be cast with heavy armor. Gives me the sneak attack bonus from being a Sith assassin 100% of the time. I played on difficult and killed everything in the game in max 2 attacks.
>>
>>323046138
Hold up, was Luke the most powerful Jedi ever? Fo real?
>>
Because Nihilus is this game's equivalent to the star forge, the death star as a battle station etc.
He's more of a weapon than a character. He has no character anymore, because any person left under that mask is nothing more than a shell for the dark side of the force.
>>
>>323046050
as long as it takes for someone to come up with something better than darth vader
so never really
>>
>>323046229
google it, there's a lot of calculations about which is better
IIRC critical strike came out on top but I'm not sure
>>
>>323046073
>beardless dwarf
>bald elf
>female warriors
Bioware is shit
>>
>>323046187
Keeps the crews going without getting tired.
>>
>>323046229
I used rapid, but you should listen to
>>323046406
>>
>>323046365
no, he's eclipsed by his daughter Rey
seriously though, I don't think that's even true in the extended universe
most of the ancient jedi who fell to the dark side were powerful as FUCK
>>
>>323046365
In Star Wars Legends yes. Lucas outright stated it as a fact, and he also does some really REALLY crazy force shit in some books.
In current canon, he's currently the most powerful as well given he was the only jedi powerful enough to beat Vader.
>>
Tell me a more broken force power then knight speed.

Protip: You can't
>>
>>323046406
I've seen results from autists that argue all three. It makes my brain sad.
>>
File: Shantae.png (25 KB, 622x704) Image search: [Google]
Shantae.png
25 KB, 622x704
>It's a "Play as Atton" level
>>
>>323046525
Rey is a mary sue, but she's still really weak, and not that great of a saber combatant.
She would have been cut in half by Vader. She's at best as powerful as Luke was when he faced Vader in Empire (which is still more powerful than she should have been)
>>
>>323046229
It depends on your build. If you prestige as a Sith Assassin, then rapid fire is better as it applies sneak attack damage for every hit, not just the crits. More hits per turn = more DPS.
>>
>>323046598
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/516675-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/65410949
>>323046652
there's still 2 movies to go with her, right?
>>
>>323046530
>REALLY crazy force shit in some books

Like what?
>>
>>323043673
You're full of shit. I've been playing it on Windows 10 since Christmas and aside from the W A not registering bug, I've had zero issues with it. The bug was also fixed by turning on v-sync.
>>
>>323046556

force storm, or if you dont mind a battle taking a bit longer, death field
>>
>>323046663
speaking of prestige, what's the point of a Marauder? why would you ever want your companions to go the opposite way?
>>
>>323046365
Of course, Luke is a Gary Stu.
>>
>>323046783

im happy for you, go browse the steam discussion section for kotor 1 and see how many threads there are about people complaining about the problems the game has on windows 8/10

just because you are a special snowflake with no issues (which is REALLY doubt if you are playing it on windows 10) doesnt mean im 'full of shit' m8
>>
>>323046556
Master speed :^)
>>
Should I play both Kotor games? People have told me that the first isn't that good or necessary but I don't want to skip over shit.
>>
>>323043235
Steam version ran fine aside from that "W" and "A" bug that stops your character from moving in those directions. V-sync fixes it, I'm using Windows 10.
>>
remember that time the cloned Emperor cloned Luke by using his severed hand?
>>
>>323043673
There's a mobile version if you're into that sorta thing, it's supposed to work alright
>>
>>323047154
>People have told me that the first isn't that good or necessary
those people are idiots
>>
>>323046652
>Rey is a mary sue, but she's still really weak,
That's an oxymoron, you retard.

Mary Sue, like Kirito and Tatsuya, are overpowered as fuck.
>>
>>323047194

>mobile

no thanks
>>
>>323047154
>People have told me that the first isn't that good or necessary but I don't want to skip over shit.

Nigga KOTOR games are like the best star wars games.
>>
>>323046397

Sadly this. hyper nostalgia prevents any new Sith Lord to be different. Kylo Ren was obviously a nod to Vader.

I might as well consider the sequel trilogy as not canon if they keep this shit up.
>>
>>323047169
I'm glad shit like that isn't canon, a lot of EU shit is just plain retarded desu
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 840x840
>>323046642
>mfw had atton as a jedi on nar shaddaa first, and havent leveled him before
>mfw Kiting and shooting sion all day
>>
>>323046934
Are you thinking of the Sith Lord class? They have the Dark Side Corruption feat which turn your companions to the dark side even more, and some more to the light.

Sith Marauder is a melee class. They're the Sith class who can select Superior Weapon Focus: Lightsaber and Superior Two-Weapon Fighting feats.
>>
>>323044691
Well, it works for ME, so that must mean it's perfectly fine and you are to blame for everything :^)

Seriously though, my shitty windows 10 laptop can run it, but my powerhouse desktop can't. Such is life with Windows.
>>
>>323047446
FUCK THAT FIGHT
and if you lose, a cutscene happens so you can't even immediately reload
that was added by the RCM, right?
>>
Female Revan and male Exile
Or male Revan and female Exile?

first for MALAK A KEK[/poiler
>>
>>323045045
Wisdom doesn't even affect the damage of force storm, you mongoloid.
>>
>>323047601
both male
>>
>>323047054
I didn't say I had no issues. I said I had ONE issue, which was annoying and easily fixed. I'm still running on post big update Windows 10, which negates what you said, senpai.
>>
>>323047154
>People have told me that the first isn't that good or necessary

Those are Obsidian fanboys, pay no attention to them.

Both games are good, the first is simple fantasy that is true in tone to the films, the second has a lot of pseudo-intellectual trash and attempts to be a "mature" Star Wars.
>>
>>323046771
>most of the ancient jedi who fell to the dark side were powerful as FUCK
Well he has mastered battle meditation, can land safely from orbit, walk on lava, made a copy of a ship out of thin air, could center himself so extremely that "not even a black hole could move him", and could hold a black hole to prevent it from collapsing
>>
>>323047601
Male Revan and female exile for me. I'll take Bastilla over Carth any day, and there's mods to get handmaiden for females so no downsides there either
>>
>>323047169
Remember the Sun Crusher?
Remember the Darksaber?
>>
>>323047286
She's extremely powerful relative to the amount of training (none) she's had
>>
>>323047601
I prefer male for both, even though I refer to Exile as female when discussing the games. But Handmaiden > Mikal and story between male Exile + Atris > story between female Exile + Sion.
Pro tip: Exile was "canon" female long before TOR.
>>
>>323047286
She's weak compared to some characters in the series, but she's still way to OP for what she reasonably should be able to do, and has no defining character traits that justify her skills, bravery, or likability, let alone any actual character flaws. She's just an easy character for people to relate to, because she is a blank slate that can be projected onto, and is powerful enough that we as viewers can vicariously live a power fantasy through her unjustifiably successful actions.

I.E., Mary Sue
>>
File: 2014-01-06_00002.jpg (155 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-06_00002.jpg
155 KB, 1280x1024
>>323041092

The point is that Kreia despises people because they are too reliant of the Force. Nihilus is a prime example. He has to eat worlds trough the Force to even survive, and she required you to kill him.

The Exile is a wound in the force, an empty hole of the Force. When you confront Nihilus he tries to drain you, like everything else. Instead by trying to drain you he starves himself, because you are a void, an empty hole.

I think thats the whole point, and why Kreia is so obsessed with you, by killing him you proved Nihilus wrong.
>>
>>323047849
the sun crusher was fucking awesome
then again, I was a kid so what do I know
I gotta read the Thrawn books again
>>
>>323047757
Retard detected.
>>
File: 1451741096238.jpg (167 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1451741096238.jpg
167 KB, 500x513
>>323047603
But it keeps anyone from saving, which in turn kills everything on the screen in one shot. Stop being so aggro man, it ain't good for you.
>>
So, do Grey Jedi exist?
>>
>>323047908
>likability
do you mean in-universe or for the audience?
you might not have noticed but she is pretty fucking cute
>>
>>323047964

Obsidian fanboy detected
>>
File: 5yLgoceFO3BdJW1zvFu.gif (3 MB, 556x242) Image search: [Google]
5yLgoceFO3BdJW1zvFu.gif
3 MB, 556x242
Restoration mod on first run of KotOR II, yes or no?
>>
>>323042631
Based Jeremy Soule who says that music piracy is worse than the holocaust?

I thought that sort of stuff was just a /pol/ meme until that guy.
>>
>>323048116
I'd rather be a fanboy than retarded.
>>
>>323048170

Yes. It just adds what was removed from the game and fix a lot of glitches
>>
>>323047958
Sun Crusher was in Jedi Academy Trilogy, not the Thrawn trilogy
Darksaber was in Darksaber

At least the Jedi Academy Trilogy did have some interesting stuff. It was a good, sprawling, star wars adventure. The Sun Crusher, however, was just too much power-creep.
>>
>>323047849
>darksaber

forty keks for that one
>>
>>323048170
no
while the ending is pretty barebones, you at least wanna be sure to only have the dialog that is complete on your first playthrough
Malachor V isn't even that confusing
>>
>>323047154
Yes of course you should play both games. There are a million references to Kotor1 in the second one.
>>
>>323044759
You can play Weaponmaster and still kill everything with lightning AND with your lightsaber.
>>
>TFW Disney will never let another game critique the absolute bullshit that is the Light/Dark dichotomy of the force that makes the Jedi Order a bunch of useless, self absorbed jack-offs and makes the Sith a bunch of boring "lol, so evil" edgelords.
>>
>>323048191

Well, lucky you because you get to be both.
>>
>>323048287
Fuck me, I'm already on my fourth planet

>>323048328
Fuck me, I'll do it on my second run then
>>
>>323048328
>you at least wanna be sure to only have the dialog that is complete on your first playthrough
literally what?

There is no reason to not use RCM.
>>
>>323048291
Oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply that
My thought process was "I read those books but I was a dumb kid so who knows if they were actually good -> I better read the Thrawn books again because they were definitely good"
also
>Jedi Academy
was that the one where they pooled their force powers to shoot force magic at a star destroyer or something? and all the students died in that?
>>
>>323048170
Yes unless you want a buggier and more unfinished version for some reason.
>>
File: =^).jpg (587 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
=^).jpg
587 KB, 2560x1440
>>323042971
>>
>>323048372

This. I'm not saying I want it "DEEP" and "PHILOSOPHICAL" but Star Wars is following the same path as Star Trek nowadays. just simple entertainment with poor effort.
>>
>>323048186
he writes music, he doesn't write game plots, calm your tits you fucking /pol/tard
>>
>>323039750
I hear ya senpai... I hear ya.
>>
>>323047601
Female revan
Female Exile
>>
>>323047757
Can't go a whole thread without some retard spewing the good old "KOTOR2 is pretentious" shit.
>>
>>323048551
that's funny because the Star Trek reboot actually tried to be more like Star Wars
SW was always simple entertainment
>>
>>323048085
Audience, and I guess that's part of the problem. The only actual trait that is a good reason to root for her is that they cast a qt3.14.
>>
>>323044704
>The real twist is that...

Nope, the real twist is that The exile cut herself her connection with the force becoming a Wound in the force transporting with her all the death and suffering from Malachor V and transmitting it to the force sensitive people bound to her.
>>
>>323048170
Yes
Yes
YES

Game is literally broken without it.
>>
>>323048547
If only Satele was as qt in the game as she was in the trailers.
>>
>>323045379

Nothing. He was the only character of the crew to discover what was happening and Kreia had to wipe his mind so he would remember in the correct moment.
>>
HURRDURRR I AM A FORCE OF NATURE AND I DON'T CARE IF I DIE

Why is this shit characterization allowed? And why does Kreia get all the attention while this LEGIT Sithlord not get any?
>>
>>323048665
>Who would you like as a romance in your KOTOR playthroughs
>Just fuck my shit up
>Say no more, Obi-Senpai Kenobi
>>
>>323049002
what
>>
so what was under the mask?
>>
Just finished Kotor, I wish I could tell to Bastila she was right about the jedi council using her and everything without being a dark side cunt. The jedi council really should be killed and replaced.
>>
File: 1451821661838.jpg (18 KB, 335x467) Image search: [Google]
1451821661838.jpg
18 KB, 335x467
mods where?
>>
>>323045510
>why6 jedi's dont use battle meditation
Do you really need to ask? If you played kotor 2 you know how the jedi are portrayed. They're arrogant, passive, and completely disorganized leaders. They're pretty much a jab at the jedi council from the prequels. They're also all in hiding in kotor 2, so they really CAN'T use it. They're not fighting the kind of war they were in 1.
>>
>>323048732

Why the fuck are they trying to do that? what made Star Trek strong and different was the political message that mixed with Sci-Fi and how they responded to trouble.

The new movie was said to be "Less Star Trek-y." I don't know why he was hired.
>>
>>323049207
Nothing
>>
>>323048710
>Content is over a 6th grade reading level
>"MUH BRAIN HURTS, SO PRETENTIOUS"
>>
>>323049207
Just a man
>>
File: pepe3.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe3.png
94 KB, 396x385
What the FUCK was BATTLE MEDITATION even supposed to be?

They never explain that shit in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>323046556

Force Destruction.
>>
>>323049207
no clue. visas is blind and can't see shit
>>
>>323049201
Real talk, that happens. Still not a good enough reason to ever play as a female exile.
>>
>>323049243
play 2 senpai. You'll love it
>>
the force unleashed was a good, fun game
>>
>>323049297
there was a really good article on this
but it's on Cracked, unfortunately
proceed at your own peril
http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-star-trek-reboot-hates-idea-being-star-trek/
>>
>>323049413
a plot device
>>
>>323049243
KOTOR 2's got you covered.
>>
>>323047601
bald white guy and jedi jesus
>>
>>323049507
what exactly did he know was happening?
>>
>>323046373

I like this thought process.
>>
>>323049525
it's a meme-action adventure game. it will never beat a true d&d rpg
>>
>>323049610

this desu senpai

mullet guy is overrated
>>
File: kylo.jpg (99 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
kylo.jpg
99 KB, 600x847
>Help out QT Bounty Hunter on Nar Shadaa because I'm not an Edgelord
>Talk to Jedi send him to the Enclave
>Talk to Jedi on Datooine, help him defeat the raiders because they're a bunch of anarchy riddled faggots
>Go to Onderon, side with the General because the Republic is being run by a literal machine and a neutral planet honestly isn't the end of the fucking world
>The Jedi there demands to fight me
>I say nah bro I'm just supporting the General I don't wanna fight you
>He forces a fight
>I have to fucking fight him whatever.
>He dies
>Go to the rebuilt Enclave
>The two Jedis I save demand to fight me
>Can't even say I don't want to fight them
>Suddenly I'm the world's biggest edgelord
>Defend myself and kill them
>Kreia asks if I'm happy for killing all the Jedi
>No response that isn't what a Saturday Cartoon Villain would say
>Now I'm complete evil because I didn't want Ripoff Padme to force her planet into the Republic
For a game about how the Sith and Jedi are shit KOTOR 2 sure doesn't let you pick between them.
>>
>>323049704
>>Go to Onderon, side with the General because the Republic is being run by a literal machine and a neutral planet honestly isn't the end of the fucking world

Good taste.

>The two Jedis I save demand to fight me
>Can't even say I don't want to fight them
>Suddenly I'm the world's biggest edgelord

This shit is retarded and makes me dislike KOTOR II.
>>
File: 1361351664986.png (379 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1361351664986.png
379 KB, 500x322
>>323049660
is being a meme, really that bad?
>>
>>323049243

Literally the end result of KOTOR 2. The entire counsel is either killed, wiped of their force powers, or falls to the dark side and enters exile. After you disappear into the unknown regions, your crew becomes the new Jedi Order, made up of Atton, Brianna, Visas, Bao-Dur, Mira, and Mikal as the Head of the Counsel (which makes sense, he's the only one who ever actually trained with real Jedi, even if he's a cuck). They will forever be remembered as the most sarcastic, dysfunctional Jedi counsel ever assembled.
>>
>>323047386

Kylo Ren being what he is makes sense in context though because he's intentionally trying to be another Vader from his looks to his mannerisms.
>>
>>323048710

It's not my fault KOTOR2 is pretentious.

Take it up with the retard who thought we all needed to be told that Star Wars is just simple fantasy and that simple fantasy is dumb. Same sort of obnoxious prick who thinks they a clever when they "let you know" The Smurfs' society was actually some horrible dictatorship where being a free thinker results in social ostracization.
>>
>>323049881

No, but Force Unleashed is garbage on many levels.

Worse than the prequels.
>>
>>323049413
>MIDICHLORIANS
>>
>>323049704
>>323049852
Yeah I feel like this is another issue that could have been dealt with if Obsidian had been given more time. For the story they're trying to tell some of the stuff you do doesn't make sense.
Like the tomb on Korriban, you have be either strong light or dark to enter, when the game hits you on head with trying to remain neutral.
>>
>>323048380
>no you XD
Nice bro, great comeback dude
>>
File: spurdocoke.gif (71 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
spurdocoke.gif
71 KB, 400x400
>>323049930
>They will forever be remembered as the most sarcastic, dysfunctional Jedi counsel ever assembled

Holy shit, top bants.
>>
>>323049930
>They will forever be remembered as the most sarcastic, dysfunctional Jedi counsel ever assembled.
I seriously laughed at this shit
>>
File: Satele_senses_Darach.png (681 KB, 1707x985) Image search: [Google]
Satele_senses_Darach.png
681 KB, 1707x985
>>323048904

If only she wasn't a huge hypocritical bitch who keeps surviving, time after time, while everyone on the Empire's side keeps getting killed off.
>>
>>323049704
Welcome to the amazing writing.

>leave vrook in his cage
>kreia agrees with the decision
>he turns hostile and you have to kill him
>"you have failed me"
>>
>>323049704
>>323049852
Onderon makes me think the ending of the game was rushed.

The General is kinda evil but he's not exactly -wrong-

The Republic is fucked up and in the Light Side ending Onderon DOES lose all its traditions.

Moreso, a Queen and her Jedi advisor making a decision for millions is a bit presumptous. Not that a Populist leader is much better, but I don't think siding with the General is clear cut evil

He's not even racist, Onderon is fine with Twileks and the like, they just don't wanna be part of the Republic that gets its shit kicked in every hundred years or so
>>
>>323041092
He's both the most and least powerful.

Most because of his raw ability, least because he is literally nothing without it.
Sion may rely on his powers, but it's not the extent of his being; Nihlus is defined solely by them, and went down like a bitch because of it.
It's quite heavily implied that he'd have eventually went the way of Ungoliant even if you hadn't killed him
>>
goddamnit I just replayed the games like last year, time to do it agian
how do I build a proper blaster Jedi? especially in KotOR 1 where I have to balance it with the starting class, usually I go 1 starting/19 Jedi
>>
>>323044375
Which also makes zero sense. Maybe the exile was deadened to the force back at Malachor, but you've clearly reconnected by this point of the plot.
>>
>>323049704

I had the same run through as you. This really pissed me off.

>>323050095

What is in the Tomb in Korriban? Was it possible to enter any of the other tombs on korriban?
>>
>>323041092
Also easiest to defeat.
>>
>>323050306
>Not that a Populist leader is much better

I'll bet you're not even voting for Trump.
>>
>>323050306
It feels that way because it was rushed as fuck with poor decisions on LucasArts and Obsidian's sides.
>>
Restored content mod isn't perfect, sometimes influence dialogue doesn't trigger, or only triggers on 1 character. It's pretty annoying, I missed 2 influence events with T3-M4 already, reloading didn't help. Just had to move on.
>>
>>323050478
Kek, I just might. I'm a Liberal but we've become so fucking bogged down with identity politics that we forgot about the whole "raising people out of poverty" thing.

I sided with the General because I thought about Padme and the Jedi, and how they're so fucking detached from the needs of the common people they let millions die.

The General on Onderon didn't really seem like a bad dude. He was remarkably practical. I love the bit where he's fighting a duel with the Queen, starts losing, then remembers he has a fuckton of troops and just sics them on her.
>>
>>323049531

God, what a depressing article.
>>
>>323044942
The heart of the Guardian was such a fucking comfy crystal
>>
>>323048564
wat are you even
>>
>>323049949
It must suck to think an alternate view on a universe is "prententious".
>>
>>323045379
He was the Devs heavily hinting that you should be playing a male exile instead.

Handmaiden is such a fucking no brainer of a choice.
>>
>>323050882
KOTOR 2 is pretentious in how it just shits on you no matter what

APATHY IS DEAAAAAAATH
>>
File: vaklu.jpg (145 KB, 572x838) Image search: [Google]
vaklu.jpg
145 KB, 572x838
vaklu did nothing wrong
>>
>>323051052
VAKLU DID NOTHING WRONG
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.