[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-01-07-06-37-48.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-07-06-37-48.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Fuck this game
>>
>>323031753
ok
>>
>>323031753
>implying you didn't won this match.

stop saying shit.
>>
>>323031753
you won though
>>
>>323031753
>he has 11 hp
>you can do 11 damage this turn
you won brah
>>
one question
is it pay to win?
>>
>>323032528
No, but you have to git gud to not lose your shit before the winning part.
>>
>>323032528
no, but it takes a lot of time to reach the amount of cards that a paid acc would get
>>
>>323032528
Basically this:
>>323032584

You can easily top rank without spending a dime, but it requires godly RNG in Arena and/or the patience of a saint to do all your dailies and cap out your 100 gold per game mode per day.
I finally got my first duplicate Legendary, it was Cairne Bloodhoof.
>>
>>323031753
>gorilla-bot
This guy wins me so many arena games.
>play gorilla
>offers me sneeds/foe reaver/mimrod's head
>>
>>323032528
Yes, only turbo autists will say otherwise
>>
>>323032528
No, you'll be disadvantaged to players who started from near release due to the updates and cards added but I personally do pretty fucking well considering all I've ever purchased is a few arena runs and the expansions.

My friend picked it up recently and called is P2W but you can't expect to go into a game like this and wreck straight away, it's nonsensical.

Go into it expecting what you would from a normal competitive game and you'll be fine.

If all else fails look up some vids or get someone on the general to add you and spectate them, it can help a hell of a lot no matter how good or bad you think you are.
>>
>>323032584
>>323032757
>>323032798
uh guys this "you can get everything without payin lol" meme is basically pay to win.

If you can get instantly stronger stuff by paying ,it's pay to win.

Good example of a REAL notpaytowin would be dota2
>>
>>323032528
Yes, 100% pay to win.
>>
>>323033085
Its just redditors who only ever play mobileshit that defends micro transactions as not P2W
>>
>>323033085
>If you can get INSTANTLY stronger stuff by paying
I get your point, but that's actually wrong.
If you buy packs, you are subjecting yourself to RNG and will end up with about as many Legendaries as a F2P player after a few weeks. You have to dump literal HUNDREDS of dollars to get all the Legendaries you need for good netdecks.
>>
>>323033310
>its not p2w its super pay2win

k
>>
>>323033310
So you can get instantly what f2p took weeks and it's somehow not p2w?
>>
>>323032528
Even worse, it's RNG2win.
>>
>>323031753
Wew lad. Sure dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>323033065
>go into it expecting what you would from a competitive game

Shitstone isnt competitive, and a competitive game would only have you losing as long as it takes to git gud, not grind out packs

fuck off
>>
>>323033339
What he's suggesting is that if you play how it's meant to be played, i.e doing quests to get gold to compete in arena (which is much fairer considering random cards/not having certain cards is no longer a disadvantage) is much more fun and you'd still get the same chance for good cards as a p2w fag.

To put it in perspective my friend buys packs, whereas I never have.
I'm rank 5 and have double the legendaries he has.
>>
>>323033339
When you have to pay out the ass just to actually pay to win, it really isn't P2W, cause that implies you can straight up buy your better cards, which you can't. You have to literally let the game eat your wallet to top a player who knows the mechanics better than you and has only basic cards, some commons, and a few rares.
It is turbo-P2W tho.
>>
>>323032528
Yes.
>>
>>323033085
You can do fairly well with the basic cards.

Furthermore Arena and most Tavern Brawls don't even let you use the collection you might have paid for, so clearly those aspects of the game are in no way pay2win.
>>
>>323032430
that's a boss who summons another boss when he dies iirc
>>
>>323033065
It's not about "Wreking shit". It's about not being able to advance, unless you win matches. (For most of the quests)

So the alternative, is to pay money, so in other words, it is P2W.
Not that it's a flaw, but it is true.
>>
>>323033618
Note from someone else:
About half of the Tavern Brawls don't let you use your cards.
The current and last one, however, did if I recall correctly.
>>
>>323032161
>>323032313
>>323032430
>>323033459
Guys after you kill majdormu or whatever his name is the enemy hero turns to Ragnaros and has 8hp and 8 armor andhas a broken hero power
>>
>>323033504
>Grind out packs
If you play with no good cards then you can still get to around rank 18/19 as shown by many players who use basic decks.

You have fun, you win some and lose some, get cold via quests WHILE gaining experience in the various classes.
Literally paying for packs is taking out the whole fun of learning and playing the game.

>>323033712
As I said, it's very possible to win with basic decks, you can also dienchant shit cards to craft good ones.
It's not like you finally buy a pakc and get stuck with shit cards.
>>
Hearthstone is pay to win. With packs you get cards. Even if you don't get the right cards, you get dust to make other cards.

Craft Dr. Boom and unlock all the solo adventures and suddenly you have the tools to make decks. Use the dust from shit cards and duplicates to craft the key few cards you're missing from a meta deck. Enjoy rank 5.
>>
>>323033824
>having fun with skinnerbox bullshit

sasuga blizztard
>>
>>323033824
>If you play with no good cards then you can still get to around rank 18/19 as shown by many players who use basic decks.
>You have fun

This is not true. Because you're getting more experience than everyone else at your rank, you'll get frustrated because you'll be facing half retards and half people with decks you CANNOT beat without a retarded combo that you'll only hit once in a blue moon.

How do I know this? This is my experience with the game. I made a shitty facehunter deck missing a bunch of cards and broke into rank 16 once or twice.
>>
>>323033848
>unlock all the solo adventures
Ya. Lemme just grab my 10k gold.
>>
>people playing Jewstone in 2016
>when Magic and Yugioh have free sims

why tho?
>>
>>323034140
It's popular with the girls :^)
>hey babe, I got LEGEND last season wanna check out my card back collection
>>
>>323034040
All I'm saying is that it is possible to achieve the same level as people who paid, though it will take time.
To expect anything else is ridiculous.

I doubt many even pay for packs, most have probably just been paying for a lot longer.

What would you rather, having the ability to buy decks and have the game sold as £30 while still paying for expansions but you can't pay for cardbacks with cash or have it the way it is now?
>>
>>323034040
Have to agree, sadly. 20-15 is literally full of netdecking bots new players literally can't beat.
>>
>>323034275
I totally fucked up this post, I'm tired but I hope it makes sense
>>
>>323034124
>Buy three cards for Magic the Gathering
>$100
>Buy all the solo adventures in Hearthstone
>100 cards?

>>323034275
>>323034376
It does but that's moving goalposts. The question was whether or not Hearthstone was pay to win. The answer to that question is yes.

I think the model is fine, its better than every physical card game ever made.
>>
>>323034275

I'd rather the game be a $40 With $10-20 expansions, and have everything right from the get-go for all players/unlocked in a reasonable fashion

Same holds true for every f2p game with paid unlocks. Just let me buy the game for a standard game price and have everything
>>
>>323034521
Physical card games have far more production cost though.
>>
>>323034521

The difference with a physical TCG is that you're buying physical objects. And some people enjoy the actual collection aspect of the whole thing

Can't get that with digital TCGs. Which is why paying for cards feels awkward. Should be priced more like a video game, and less like a TCG IMO
>>
>>323031753
You can dodge lethal for a turn by running shredder+monkey+fireblast into a giant, and the spider tank into face. Then, play mana wyrm into unstable portal. Next turn, you can kill Majordomo with mana wyrm+spider tank+frostbolt and put 6 damage on Ragnaros with Fireball, meaning you win as long as you got at least a 1 attack minion from Shredder in combination with fireblast.
>>
I have a bunch of IRL friends I play Hearthstone with often.

I win much more often than they do, and they have acknowledged me as their expert of the game, but that also comes from the fact that I have higher total level, many more arena wins, an actual 12 win record, and 9 different class decks that all have high winrates.

And I've never paid a dime for the game.
But even so, I've just saved up 700 gold, which I'm going to spend on the third wing of LoE.

Its not pay2win

You just gotta git gud
>>
>>323034764
Or, like Yugioh and Magic, have 100% free sims with the full card library
>>
>>323034947
Oh, and the fact that all I watch when I eat is Hearthstone.

I don't know, I just find calculating percentages and potential outcomes entertaining.
>>
Who would've guessed that p2w rock paper scissors simulator is awful?
>>
>>323034947
I think you misspelled grind like a good goyim :^)
>>
>>323034947

Anything concept in which you can trade money for power is p2w, no matter how it's handled. Even if you have access to everything over time without paying, it's still p2w if you can just purchase it instead

Because time is money
>>
https://www.ygopro.co/

woah look a free sim with a full card library and no way to charge you.

What excuse does Hearthstone have again?
>>
>>323034140
hearth is more popular
too big to fail and all that
>>
>game is so shitty that it literally gives people brain damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONaNqFJpQk
>>
File: laughing nuts.jpg (52 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
laughing nuts.jpg
52 KB, 700x466
>>323035103
It will only take you 6+ months, playing every day to get less than half the cards available.

Its not pay to win goym.
Shut up and que up so our paying customers can get satisfaction of recking you.
>>
Too many comment with seriously flawed "not p2w" logic.

Let's be serious for once guys. If you can pay to get stronger in-game stuffs it's pay to win, simple as that. Doesn't matter if you can really get that without paying, because time is money. I'm serious about that remark. Getting instantly what otherwise took days is pay2win. What's so difficult about this. Or do you guys simply don't want to fucking admit that?
>>
>>323037094
>Too many comment with seriously flawed "not p2w" logic.

HS rakes in tons of money.
Which means tons of people are paying tons of money.
And those who paid for expansions/packs don't want to admit they are paying to win.
>>
>>323037094
All card games are pay to win. Players with higher quality cards are just going to destroy you more often than not; the only way new players win is from RNG and hearthstone is really forgiving because RNG is so powerful in it compared to every other card game.
>>
>>323036283
did he died
>>
>>323039132
nah
>>
>>323031753
Use a rouge mill deck to beat pretty much every adventure boss
>>
>>323035289
Good animations for each individual card, complete with voicework for minions.

The UI is amazing.
>>
>>323031753
ONE MANA OFF LETHAL
>>
>>323039298
did he have a stroke or something?
>>
>tfw big fan of WoW TCG
>tfw hearthstone gets announced
>tfw fucking finally the WoW TCG is good can't wait for them to just port it to digital!
>wait what are you doing
>why did you make a more shallow game
why blizzard
>>
>>323032528
pay2notgrind + grind2win = pay2win
>>
File: JUST.png (195 KB, 455x317) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
195 KB, 455x317
>It's another Constructed Tavern Brawl
>>
File: tumblr_m5xdw3auL71r3tefjo1_500.jpg (140 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5xdw3auL71r3tefjo1_500.jpg
140 KB, 500x369
>>323032528
Yes.

>getting good cards requires gold
>gold requires winning
>winning requires good cards

See where I'm going with this?
You can NOT play this game for free.
Maybe if you make a medium buy-in you could possible keep the momentum rolling from there, but starting from scratch? Not possible.

Can the expansions be bought for gold? If they are money only that's even more a reason it's not actually f2p as they specifically gives an actual advantage.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.