[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can such a successful series be devoid of any good games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 74638237635.jpg (765 KB, 994x995) Image search: [Google]
74638237635.jpg
765 KB, 994x995
How can such a successful series be devoid of any good games? Even the first CoD and the expansion Finest Hour were better than anything Halo ever produced.
>>
File: 1442594029977.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1442594029977.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>323030973
>>
Oh boy, another thread about people having different opinions that don't fucking matter to either party
>>
>>323031079
>years ago anything positive about Halo was considered obvious bait
>now we have this

Why am I still on this website.
>>
>>323030973
>the first CoD and the expansion Finest Hour
There's no Finest Hour expansion, United Offensive was the expansion. Finest Hour is a console only release
>>
I really liked Halo so despite all your arguments for why it's shit, I'll still have that emotional attachment and nostalgia for playing it.
>>
>>323031228
Halo has always been a good series, faggit. Just because you and your faggy hipster friends didn't like doesn't chnage that. There's never been a BAD Halo in the main series. Even the shittiest one being Halo 4 is still OK.
>>
The same applies to Battlefield.
>>
>>323031443
2142 was good nigger
Also Spec Ops exp, arguably
>>
>>323031502
>2142 was good

Probably the worst one of the main series. Battlefield 2 (PC, not that awful console version) and Bad Company 2 are undoubtedly the best. 1943 is also pretty good, despite being a digital only title.
>>
>>323031662
>Battlefield 2
You're probably the pleb that was excited when they've annonced that new BF is going to be modern combat
Fuck you, the game was mediocre
>>
>>323031228
Bait can go both ways. Bait knows no boundaries.
>>
>>323031386
>Halo has always been a good series, faggit

Source: My ass
>>
>>323031662
>Battlefield 2 (PC, not that awful console version)
Please go away. No one cares about your pathetic baby tier console war bullshit.
>>
File: combat-evolved.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
combat-evolved.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1200
I'm glad there's a thread about Halo up so I didn't have to make one. I recently got to play Halo 1 on the Master Chief Collection since my gf got me an xbone for Christmas and just finished it yesterday. It was my first xbox game and I absolutely loved it. Everything felt great, the mission pacing was great. From being in the space ship and crashing onto the Halo and rallying lost marines to trying to find the control room. The environment on the Halo felt familiar but it was still alien, and that's what I really loved. It really did make me feel like I was trapped on this alien world with weird and unique looking aliens. Even the flood swarm which I hated fighting felt like they belonged, and they were introduced at the perfect time and completely changed the pace of the story. If the other Halo games even offer a fraction of the atmosphere that Combat Evolved did, then they all have a right to be popular. My only real complaint is that you never learn what the motivation behind the aliens are, or why you're the only asshole with a super soldier robot suit.
>>
>>323031914
>Console war bullshit

The console version was shit compared to the PC version though, this is well known.
>>
>>323030973
>Even the first CoD and the expansion Finest Hour were better than anything Halo ever produced.
wanna know how I know you're bad at games?
>>
>>323031662
BF2 was good but it was surpassed by later games.
>>
>>323032038
Play Halo 2 and 3. All will be revealed in time, friend. The original trilogy is honestly a great series of games, even if you're just playing for the campaign and story. ODST and Reach are also good, but Reach is a direct prequel to CE, and it's no secret as to how it ends.
>>
>>323031228
We didn't know how bad it could get. After dozens of Modern Warfares and their derivatives, a sci-fi shooter with expansive levels and a variety of alien enemies and weapons and vehicle combat sounds amazing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.