[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we can all agree this is the best upcoming game? https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (238 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238 KB, 1280x720
So we can all agree this is the best upcoming game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdJub3Kz2wI
>>
>>323030965
I barely buy open world games so I'm not burnt out on the formula. I'll probably check it out if it's not horrible optimized
>>
Just waiting for them to show the downgrade
>>
>>323030965
It looks cool, and I enjoyed Future Soldier, so h*ll yeah m**********r :D
>>
>>323030965
Why?
>>
>>323031062
It doesnt look that great
>>
>>323030965
shit looks nothing like an anti-drug operation

COCAINE IS ON THE MOVE. COCAINE IS ON THE MOVE.
>>
This will be a better version of MGS V.
Pretty hype.
>>
>>323030965
This will either be downgraded or will need 2 980ti to run like that

Either way I'm a bit excited for some of the things they've shown, even though deep inside I wish they made it a slow paced tacticool fps like in the old days
>>323031191
watch the trailer again, those grass physics and lighting are going to be pretty taxing, and they advertise a very big world, so even more so in that case

best case scenario the LOD will be GTA4/Bethesda tier and the lightning system will get fucked

worst case scenario... watch_dogs all over again
>>
>>323030965
>pre-alpha
Right....
>>
File: rjih3gQX.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rjih3gQX.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
Time to meet God.
>>
>>323031348
>MGS V

This is EXACTLY what I thought when they first shown the reveal, I'm not sure if it will be better but the similarity is there
>>
When was the last time Ubisoft wrote a good story?
>>
File: 1437912136954.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1437912136954.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
>>323031351
Most of the foliage just clipped or had basic movement when you went near it. It's nothing new . Witcher 3 had pretty much the same thing
>>
>>323030965
Good shit good SHIT senpai nice shilling nice nice NICE senpai
>>
>>323031351
If I can fuck around the files like with Watch Dogs I'm fine.
>>
>>323031442
>>323031348
Looks more like Mercenaries you kids
>>
>>323031062
It already looks like an X360 game.
>>
File: 1450036539816.jpg (115 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
1450036539816.jpg
115 KB, 509x501
>>323031528
I disagree
>>
>>323031524
go read a book
>>
>>323031573
Speaking of that can I get E3 visuals in watch_dogs on a single 980?
>>323031592
Or maybe both?
>>
>>323031646
You can't disagree with what is literally there for you to see. Witcher even had wind affect foliage. The bushes clip through the guys legs in that footage. Making things look shiny in the rain isn't taxing. GTA V even has real time puddle reflections and other good lighting
>>
>>323031592
Not really, Mercenaries is very over the top like Just Cause.
MGS V tries to be serious with a tongue in cheek. This just tries to be serious.
>>
>>323031716
go eat somw more shit
>>
>>323031524
fc4
>>
>>323031820
Have you ever played the first mercs? It is nothing like just cause in "Over the top"
>>
File: 125123215121231.png (80 KB, 213x318) Image search: [Google]
125123215121231.png
80 KB, 213x318
>>323031794
I disagree
>>
MGSV did exactly what I was expecting this to do. The GR games have gotten progressively more casual as the series has went on with cinematic experiences and "press x to cool" gameplay, Ive pretty much no hope for the game, and I once considered myself a die-hard fan. They put to many things into the game that makes it too easy, and the whole taking more than one bullet to get killed is loathesome, they missed the whole attraction of the series.
>>
>secret drug trafficking hub
>big as fuck neon crucifix that say "drugs here" in mexican

this fucking shits made for idiots
>>
This wasn't on my radar at all
mite b NEET
>>
>>323031997
>In mexican
>mexican
>Calling other people idiots
>>
>>323032078
>idiot
>hurr
>>
>>323032134
That's you!
>>
>>323031952
Didnt they even remove lean in the last game? Not the F2P one the one before that.
>>
>>323031952
GR single player has always been easy except for the PC versions of GRAW1/2

Seriously, could just unlock the OICW operator in GR1/expansions and solo the game even on hardest, the german guy with the mg42 worked well too. The only mildly challenging mission was the last one in the last expansion

Cannot account for ghost recon 2 but I doubt a console shooter can be too challenging
>>
mite b cool is the only thing I can say to this honestly

YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION
>>
>>323031886
Well it's been years but I remember just running around with a rocket launcher and ordering air strikes all over the place. Not exactly down to earth.
>>
>>323031952
>MGSV did exactly what I was expecting this to do.

Goddamn casuals, no it did not, MGSV didn't even have the main gameplay element that GR had. I'll let your brain fill in the gap on what that is.
>>
File: 1398213009555.png (23 KB, 305x277) Image search: [Google]
1398213009555.png
23 KB, 305x277
>>323030965
>song starts
"you're stuck in the middle of all irrelevance"
sounds like ghost recon all right but i buy all their games so lets go
>>
Oh boy, I can't wait to climb towers and rack up totally worthless currency by the thousands in yet another open world Ubisoft game, this time with four friends instead of one or none.
>>
>>323032173
You're taking it too literally. Anon probably said Mexican to highlight his lack of respect.

Also this trailer looks meh
>>
>>323032724
No fucking ghost recon game even had the same ''main gameplay'' element that the first GR had, the closest was graw but even that had a direct control interface and only 3 AI team mates (granted they werent AS useless)

As for the main gameplay element, I'm not sure what you think it is but it was multiplayer and in single player GR worked better as a stealth game than tactical shooter
>>
File: 1379128531556.jpg (35 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1379128531556.jpg
35 KB, 500x385
>ubisoft
>open world
>>
>>323032176
graw 2 was hard as hell on realism

>GET THE COCAINE GET THE COCAINE
allllright
>>
>>323030965
Only if i can frank drug cartel members and bad guys with complete freedom.
>>
You people can never happy. They're finally making a game about drugs in Mexico, in Latin countries with varied envorinments and all the cool little things and details. Finally something that's never been really done before that much. Yet here you, are whining again.
>>
>>323030965
How can you tell?

There is very little to judge on how the game will actually play. Especially considering Ubisoft.
>>
>>323033296
The PC rendition? Yeah but only because the AI was broken as tits, snipers and fixed machine gunners had 0.0001 seconds hit scan similar to the original R6 but even harder to creep up on.

GRAW1 worked way better and had the cool city based level design

console TPS renditions were pretty easy tho
>>
Gameplay looks cool.

But holy fuck I can't stand the ragtag militia'like tacticool'ness. It feels so tryhard, like "These military guys are on the edge maaaaan"

I'm not 12 for fucks sake Ubisoft.
>>
>>323033410
Because it has a lot of trigger words attached to it that really should scare most of /v/
>Ubisoft
>Open World

If it has capturing towers and forts I am not going anywhere near this shit.
>>
>>323033606
alright cocksucker
>>
>>323033652
Remember when tom clancy operators were cool and not edgy?

Even Sam has been turned into a fucking edgelord
>>
>>323033734
wat
>>
>>323033698
99% certain it will have some sort of base capturing element based on the trailer, so might as well write it off if that bothers you too much
>>
>>323031408
>mfw Ubisoft
>mfw it's not very operator
>mfw it's another "open world" setting
>mfw no urban setting
>mfw no con paz
>>
>>323033410
If it's about drugs in mexiland then how come they're going after coke and not meth
>>
>>323033212
>single player GR worked better as a stealth game than tactical shooter

m8, stealth is a feature in GR but how the fuck does it make it better than being a tactical shooter? Also GR 2 SS is one of the best in the series IMO.
>>
>>323034020
Because they're going after drugs all over Latin America. Just look at the envorinments, it's a little too varied for Mexico. And coke fits Columbia..
>>
>>323030965
I whish rockstar would do something like this
>>
>>323034050
Because the AI team mates were useless for assaulting, they only worked well when set to defend an area and you had them pointed in the direction you knew the enemy will come from

Also because one of the most fun missions in the game was breaking in and out of the prison? Provided you did it stealth modo anyway

>set team to guard entrance from a distance
>go in
>alarm goes off as I save the fucker from the clinic
>team mates clear off the entrance and I just stroll out
>get shot near extraction point
>have to restart because I put too many points in the operator

Shit was cash

Never played GR2 like I said
>>
>>323030965
I really really want to like it
It looks like my dream game

But Ubi rarely make interesting open worlds, even the ubi games I like of late (far cry, syndicate) have boring worlds.

Similar thing with the division, it could be great but it won't be
>>
Do people actually pay to sit in a room watching people play games as fast as they can?

WHY
>>
>>323034178
But USA doesn't care about stopping coke becausr they make money on it when it comes to the USA
>>
>>323030965
Environments look pretty cool and varied
Only fear is that it'll become dull after a couple of hours like the just cause series.

With the more serious tone doesn't even seem like you'll be able to fuck around with stuff like a grappling hook or wing suit
>>
>>323033738
Yes, Operators should act like fucking professionals. The more "cool" Tom Clancy tries to be, the less cool it actually becomes. It feels forced and hamfisted.

And this is coming from somebody who loves Devil May Cry, the very essence of overblown coolness, but everything has its place.
>>
apparently it's set in Bolivia
>>
>>323034454
qepd.....
>>
>>323030965
>Ubishit
>>
>>323034286
Based on RDR they could give it a shot if you ask me
>>323034428
>It feels forced and hamfisted.

Because that's what it is, they either need to be blank slates or have a personality that isn't ''I am the elitest soldier hardest edgiest evah 1337 l33t''

I mean pre-blacklist sam wiped out a mil force that was supposed to defend against the US fucking army and he still didn't feel like an edgelord. all that writing out the window in blacklist of course
>>
>>323030965
wasn't this supposed to be like ARMA-lite?
why does this look like third person COD?

>dat no recoil
>dat arcadeish physics
>dat shitty gunplay
>downgraded visuals
>>
>>323036726
>wasn't this supposed to be like ARMA-lite?

Who told you that?
>>
>>323037185
well, that first e3 trailer from a year ago showed a lot more tactical pacing. I am not saying this out of spite, but the video in OP shows that the game literally plays like a GTA game. In fact it even looks like a GTA game with Tom Clancy's name slapped on it. Inna desert.
>>
>>323037316
Because the game is supposed to give you that option, it was always like this actually, stealth, tactical takedowns or fully crazy

And in arma you spend half the fucking time prone trying to not get shot, so that would be out of the question immediately, m8
>>
YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE FRICTION
>>
>>323037536
There is a problem with that rationalization from the start.

Put it simply - why would anyone opt out for the stealth approach when going loud is just as viable, if not easier? Take old stealth games for an example - you are stealthy because stealth is the only way to go, get noticed and you are fucked immediately.
So when you have an "option" to go stealthy like in this game, it's just a fucking novelty that will wear off rather fast.
>>
>>323037860
There can be and will be some scripted segments when you'll have to be stealthy for sure, but I don't really see a problem with what you said. As long as it's a good open world game where you can go operator on some spics, I'm fine.
>>
>>323037860
I didn't try to state its well designed, I just gave you the facts anon

Also in chaos theory its pretty viable to shoot everything btw but its still the best modern stealth game
>>
>>323030965
>tfw actually liked many recent Ubisoft's games, but they are shit in some way because its Ubisoft and they always tried to cut corner somewhere
>watchdog got decent gameply and good world but shitty story/mission and car control
>Unity probably has the best world and map design of all AC to date yet ruin by shitty optimize
>The Crew has greatest map design of any arcade driving game I ever seen. The Scale of driving of it, but then everything but the map is shit in that game. The car control basically was copy paste from Watchdog's.
>R6:Siege was actually fun and quite innovative in a way, the game optimize alright on PC, but then ruined by shitty online. I mean they dont let you manually chose the fucking server, and it keep putting you in the one the other side of the world. The only way to change it is to reset the game. I have to reset the fucking games 4-5 times to get into any match with less than 300 pings.

Its almost seem like Ubisoft has a good idea and artist guy but shitty Programmers
>>
>>323038171
>The Crew has greatest map design of any arcade driving game I ever seen. The Scale of driving of it, but then everything but the map is shit in that game. The car control basically was copy paste from Watchdog's.

The biggest fucking thing that bothered me in that game is that you cant have a comfy coast to coast cruise because even with everything turned off the UI is still a mess, you still have those retarded gate things everyfucking where and visually its a jaggy fucking mess with the draw distance method straight out of ps1 era (not even joking)
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.