[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, it's happening boys, and I'm actually quite sad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 640x1136
Well, it's happening boys, and I'm actually quite sad.

Video games are no longer doing it for me. I used to love coming home after a long days work, smoking a lil weed, and enjoying an hour or two or some quality gaming action. Nowadays (the last month or so), I have lost that desire.

Maybe it is caused by lack of quality options ( I am a big counterstrike / MMO guy), or maybe it's simply a byproduct of growing up (im 25), but I think the hobby is fading.

Is this happening to anyone else? I am just not enjoying my time spent gaming nearly as muchh as I used to
>>
>>323027207
>big counter strike and mmo guy
sounds like you're growing out of your shit taste
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
Stop smoking weed. It's killing your fun. Used to smoke a bit before games caught a buzz then played and got bored. Stop smoking and things were fun again bro.
>>
>>323027207
DUDE
>>
File: 1446289760258.jpg (1 MB, 1588x2048) Image search: [Google]
1446289760258.jpg
1 MB, 1588x2048
Nice blog
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
U
D
E

W
E
E
D

L
M
A
O
>>
>>323027207
Gee this thread again.

Mind telling us why you felt it added to the story to say you smoke weed? Oh that's right, you stoner retards can't go one paragraph without telling the world.

Go die in some painful way. Glad you are getting tired of the hobby. We don't need your type.
>>
I know that feel OP, though I don't smoke weed.

Finding my way slowly back into the fun with Splatoon, Wolfenstein New Order and Ace Attorney.

Try and play for fun instead of playing for the sake of it
>>
>>323027207
Just take a break like week or more. Usually works for me.
>>
>>323027207
are you serious? move on idiot, leave 4chan you fucking loser
>>
Is that you? Mind posting an ass pic?
>>
U know, try some singleplayer games
>>
>>323027207
I felt like I was going the same way (25 also), however I've really enjoyed MGSV, Fallout 4 and Siege and spent a long time doing playing them (not even touched TW3, BB). Work, gf and gym may have helped sharpened my love for gaming given I have only a couple hours every day I can play. Still I will admit that games like Souls and Xcom basically singlehandedly saved my love for gaming in recent years, shitty cinematic game design can't be left off the hook, people dropping out of gaming isn't just "getting older" given most peoples love for film, literature and music doesn't wayne as the years pass, if anything they strengthen.
>>
>>323027207
Trust me good goy, it's not that videogames don't do it for you, it's that you haven't played a good videogame in a long time. I also thought for over 2 years that I was "over" videogames. Then I played a good vidya and I realized it was just that I hadn't played anything good in too long.
>>
>>323028038
>>323027935
>>323028163
Too antisocial to find a dealer? kek.
>>
>>323027207
try some ps2 games and you might rediscover some forgotten classics

stop fag-posting
>>
Vidya has been dead for 9 years now, so it's no wonder that you feel bored.
>>
>>323027207

It's a combination of growing older and most games being shitty these days. You can only stomach so many EA blunders, rehashes, Ubisoft scams, kickstarters, SJW indies etc. before you get fed up.
>>
The same thing happened to me for a few years and then i got into competitive fighting games. Too bad ive still lost interest in pretty much every other game genre. Used to love muh weeb JRPGs but cant be bothered to play through that shit. Why the fuck would i play weeb games when i can just go watch some /a/nime instead and not have to push buttons
>>
>>323027207
The weed is destroying your brain.
>>
>>323027207
sounds like depression. you should probably get that fixed, bro.
>>
>>323033338
I like how there's literally not a single even remotely smart person who smokes weed. Either only retards smoke weed, or weed really does destroy people's brain, but it's one or the other for sure.
>>
File: 5468734.jpg (9 KB, 352x326) Image search: [Google]
5468734.jpg
9 KB, 352x326
>>323030161
>Become less anti social to buy weed and sit in the house getting high being anti social
>>
>>323027207
I recognize you from /fit/ you shitposting fuck
>>
>>323027207
Doesn't weed destroy personality and peoples interests turning them into normie zombies who only wanna play lol and dota
>>
>>323033886
OK.
>>
well give me your wow account already
>>
File: party_cat_party_time.jpg (25 KB, 343x424) Image search: [Google]
party_cat_party_time.jpg
25 KB, 343x424
>Stopped playing on consoles in high school/college and switched exclusively to PC
>MOBAs, MMOs, Arena Shooters and random indie games every single day
>For years
>Become tired gamer; depressed as shit
>Buy a Wii U on a whim
>feels like im a kid again
>Get PS4 as well
>Bloodborne is great and Disgaea 5 showed me I might actually be a fan of weebshit
>Got an Xbone for free
>Loving Ori and the Blind Forest

Reaching idortdom has opened my eyes. I can't tell you how excited I am for the games this year.

Try broadening your horizons OP.
>>
>>323033482
Nice research you did there buddy.
>>
>>323033513
>not smoking with friends

Oh I forgot you probably don't have any.
>>
I think you guys are harping on the weed thing too much. I'm in the same boat as this guy and have never smoked weed. Shit's scary man. I want to enjoy vidya but it's all so dull now. I just think about all the other shit I can be doing.

>Reading isn't that bad
>Started watching classic movies and shit
>Doing full body workouts 3 times a week
>Hanging with bros whenever I can

Life is getting better for me, but vidya has been getting worse and worse for me. I've been on a 2 month video game hiatus so hopefully my hype for it will come back.

The only thing holding my interest is lurking on /v/ to keep up with what's going on still.
>>
>>323027207

That's because you only started gaming because it's the in thing to do. You're a fad whore, you only do thing to feel accepted and to draw attention, such as smoking weed and telling everybody else in the world that you smoke it. You're just yet another normie.

Don't worry, soon you can find another thing to jump in and pretend to be a massive fan off to cope with your daddy issues.

That guy a qt though, a shame if it's you.
>>
>big counter strike guy

And theres your problem
>>
>>323037847
Not Op, I posted
>>323037847

How do you explain my situation though? I've been playing since the Genesis dropped and am just now getting tired of it all at 30.
>>
>>323038904
Meant >>323038249
>>
>>323027207
>smoking a lil weed
normie
>>
No one cares. You'll be back in a month. Our you'll fuck off and literally no one will notice :)
>>
>>323037521
Found the single-digit IQ pothead!
>>
>>323027207
It's the weed. It's reprogramming you for lethargy. You're actually fucked and you cant undo it
>>
I'm the same, however some recent releases such as Dragon's Dogma, Subnautica and Darkest Dungeon have piqued my interest
>>
>>323027207
competitive games generate high amounts of adrenaline, if you play a lot it burns you out or if don't play for long periods of time your hormone levels get reset in a relatively same manner. Doing other adrenaline production activities like working out, having sex etc also influences it.
>>
>>323027207
nope its the lack of games you grew up on that drew you in, good stories, new mechanics blah blah blah now its 80% annual shooters, "new" shooter, sports games, "indie" shit with "retro" aka half assed grahpics which are subpar compared to what they are trying to be "retro" like, sports, mobas. you have to wait almost 2 years for anyhting decent to randomly crop up now combine that with the freedom as an adult with disposable income you'll just move into somthing more engrossing
>>
>>323035601
This is literally the answer
>>
>>323038249
Not that guy but also the same. Started playing videogames when I was 2 or 3, and I barely play anything anymore, if I do it's something old on the Megadrive or Nintendo 64
>>
>quit being anti social
>haha you must have no friends

thank god you aren't going to be injecting more of your cancer into videogames with your cow a dooty purchases
>>
DUDE
VIDYA
LMAO

Nice blog
>>
>>323035601
So you've become absolute cancer I see.
>>
>>323040482
Autism
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.