[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of the Gears of War series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What do you guys think of the Gears of War series?
>>
File: 2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-044.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-044.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2000
>>323006910
A fantastic series except for Judgement.

Incrdible movement and flexibility, hevy guns and has the most satisfying kills in video games, nice meaty and crunchy sound design, excellent voice acting and an alright story (comics and books are better)

Story -
Gears of War 2 > Gears of War 3 > Gears of War 1

Multiplyer -
Gears of War 3 > Gears of War 1 > Gears of War 2

I love Gears and hope Gears 4 turns out well.
>>
>>323007350
whats wrong with judgement? havent played it yet.
i am just interested in the sp
>>
>>323007812
They took everything that was good about Gears and turned it upside down making it essentially a parody of itself.

The control layout has a call of duty scheme, literally. The Gnasher is nerfed to hell and barely does anything, they took out down but not out, removed locusts from multiplayer, ARMOR SKINS WHICH ARE FUCKING HIDEOUS, shit map design, you can roll off of buildings.

The only good thing is Overrun mode and the single player is boring and provides nothing of interest or purpose to the very lore of Gears.
>>
>>323008071
eh guess ill continue to not play it then
>>
I'm interested in the technology. Looks pretty cool to me. And then suddenly the US Marines approached the Gears dev in order to make the chainsaw bayonet. Saw that stuff on Discovery and couldn't believe it.
>>
File: can't wake up.png (159 KB, 222x306) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.png
159 KB, 222x306
>>323008675
>mfw marines using chainsaw bayonets on the wars

We are going to the warhammer universe, but first taking a stop on the GOW one.
>>
It seems to be a very niche community.
Im okay at it, but man, is it fin as fuck to trash talk on it.
>Playing Gears Ultimare at friends house
>Some nigger keeps bitching about wallbouncing
>Start wallbouncing just to piss him off and blast him away with the gnasher
>Proceeds to bitch
>Just finally pipe up and say "Nigger, shut the fuck up. I can smell the grape drank through my fucking mic."
>>
>>323009654
Gears is the king of shit talk.

Also I wouldn't call it niche being one of the biggest titles in gaming history and 1 of Microsofts titan titles.
>>
>>323009754
I remember on 360, there were only about 1000 players worldwide online.

I dont knownsince Ultimate came out.
>>
>>323009875
On the 360, Gears of War 3 is already 4 1/2 years old and gaming has shot up 1000x in terms of popularity in that time. Most people nowadays have so many choices and games come out at a rapid pace. All the Gears together have about 60,000 online. That isn't bad. Every gears except judgement sells like hot cake on release. The remaster has sold over 1.3 million etc.
>>
>>323006910
I love it. I hope 4 brings the series back so we can forget about Judgement.
>>
The only person I know who is genuinely into Gears of War is a tryhard girl who also loves metal and collects Jack Daniels related merchandise
>>
>>323012262
Cool girl desu
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.