[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played this game before, but I want too. However,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: Zelda on the cover of the game.jpg (394 KB, 1500x1372) Image search: [Google]
Zelda on the cover of the game.jpg
394 KB, 1500x1372
I've never played this game before, but I want too. However, I'm told it's bad for people with OCD. Is this true? If so, are there any tips to enjoying not just this but other games for people with OCD?
>>
>>322994159
No clue but the new saving system triggers some autists so if you want le definitive version play the n64 one
>>
N64 version is the definitive one.

3DS version was literally made for children and retards who thought the N64 version was too hard. A lot of the atmosphere is lost, too.
>>
>>322994159
The people who dislike it are the ones who can't relax just because of the very presence of a time limit, even if that time limit is exceedingly generous.

If you don't mind that or can get past it you'll be fine.
>>
>>322994159
Just going by my experience with the original.

There's 20 main quests to do, and almost all of them are either found in Clock Town or the ranch. Most quests are tied to masks, the ones that aren't are either quest items or gotten through farting around one of the game's two optional dungeons.
>>
>>322994418
The moment you get the Ocarina, the time limit isn't even a big problem anymore.
>>
>If so, are there any tips to enjoying not just this but other games for people with OCD?
Yeah, if an optional sidequest seems really time-consuming and not fun, just let it go. There are a lot of heart pieces in the game that increase your health, and some of them are fun to get, but don't get all of them if it starts to feel like a chore.
>>
>>322994794
I agree with you but you'd be surprised how many people on /v/ I've seen complain that they like to "take their time" and they can't be expected to do a dungeon in like 2 hours.
>>
>>322994396
>A lot of the atmosphere is lost, too.
Ae you one of those retards triggered by the fact that there's more lighting?
>>
>>322995554
Not him but the moon looks retarded
>>
I played it for a couple of hours once I'd softmodded my Wii, just to test that VC games worked.

Once I figured out what the gimmick was, it got really boring very quickly. Made it to the dookoo fortress, or whatever.
>>
>>322995303
The frustrating part is that the Great Bay Temple and the Stone Tower Temple are by far the complex dungeons in the entire Zelda series and doing them in a limited amount of time fucking sucks.

Part of why I don't like replaying this game.
>>
File: Subtlety.jpg (28 KB, 620x205) Image search: [Google]
Subtlety.jpg
28 KB, 620x205
>>322995554
>>
>>322994159

First, you don't have OCD.

Second, the game is fine. Play it. You will be fine.
>>
>>322995803
I did it when I was like 7.. If you can't do it now with the inverted song of time then I think you should just quit video games
>>
what the fuck man
>>
>>322996123
Wow can you diagnose me through this post as well, doc?
>>
You don't have ocd, the game isn't that good anyway.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (337 KB, 950x1068) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
337 KB, 950x1068
>>322995923
>Subtlety

What the fuck are you going on about?

Wait, I can see where this is going. Are you some nutjob that's spent way too long overthinking some retarded reason to hate the game to the point where you'll try to spin some grandiose artistic mumbo-jumbo about the new moon being a travesty or some shit? Just save me the time if so, because it takes a specific type of retard to look at what was always the moon pulling a rapeface and evoke the word "subtlety".
>>
>>322994296
>>322994296
The opposite is pretty much true though. The 3DS version is the one that actually gives you more reason to explore shit while getting rid of the unnecessary tedium and makes a number of things harder.

You have no reason to trust the people who act like the time limit is constantly necessary for the sake of atmosphere, that's only important with regard to character interaction, which the 3DS version substantially improves. I've never gotten any purist critic to comment on this though, as NPC interaction is the core of the game and the fact that the remake handled this better blows out the idea the the original is necessarily the definite version.
>>
>>322994396
>N64 version is the definitive one.
Top kek
>>
>>322995923
>N64:furious
>3DS: FUCKING PISSED
>>
>>322996243

Fun fact: most people who claim they have OCD don't have actual OCD.
>>
One of the best games ever

Play it OP
>>
>>322996123
>First, you don't have OCD.
>>322996336
>You don't have ocd

Yes I do. Doctor says so.
>>
>>322995554
or the fact that you can never start up your game with DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY because song of time doesn't save anymore

or that Tatl immediately tells you the moon is going to fall, unlike the original game where the player is left to figure it out themselves via context clues

there's other stuff, too. And why isn't the lighting a big deal? The excessive illumination RUINED the Ganon fight in OoT 3D
>>
>>322996407
It looks retarded in both versions. It should always have barely ad a face, if any at all.
>>
>>322996407
All I see is...

>Moon with a face
>A giant floating old man's head

Damn thing isn't even round anymore
>>
>>322996494
And who are you to tell whether or not he's telling the truth? No need to act smug on the internet
>>
>>322996603
>The excessive illumination RUINED the Ganon fight in OoT 3D

This is true. You MM punks are lucky though as MM3D has far better lighting and there is nothing that is ruined in the same way. You love complaining about shit that was by and large improved.
>>
>>322996603
>or the fact that you can never start up your game with DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY because song of time doesn't save anymore

Wow. Man, you have fucking issues. Are you so desperate for reasons to hate this game that you have to reach all the way to this?

>And why isn't the lighting a big deal?

Because the game always looked like a fucking LCD trip. Acting like the hopping aboriginal faggot room being brighter ruins the game is idiotic.

>The excessive illumination RUINED the Ganon fight

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
>>322994159
It's actually great for OCD because the game is made to be completed 100%, figuring out the timing of all the side quests and shit.
>>
>>322996756
Okay, yeah, you're fucking crazy.
>>
>>322994159
>MM is bad for people with OCD
what
where has this been said
I have never seen anyone say this

It's a wonderful game. I used to loathe MM until this version came out. I'm talking I'd openly express my hatred for it. The 3DS one is pretty much what MM should have been. Now it's in my top 5 of Zelda games.
You'll get met with people going "N64 IS THE TRVE VERSION" and all this shit. Don't fall for that stale meme.
>>
>>322997179
>I used to loathe MM until this version came out. I'm talking I'd openly express my hatred for it. The 3DS one is pretty much what MM should have been.

This is the truth and I wish it had been the way I experienced it growing up. I'm fully jealous of the people who get to cut their teeth on the 3DS version.
>>
The new Song of Double Time alone makes the 3DS version unquestionably better. Plus having the Troupe leader mask be used for something other than making a piss-easy minigame even easier.
>>
>>322997179
What are some specific things that made you feel this way?
>>
>>322997393
Pretty much how I feel. People who never got to play it will get to enjoy the better version of it. Always a big plus. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.
>>
>>322997567
Just hearing the aspect of a time limit in an adventure game irritated me. And I was too stupid to realize that things that go undone when going back to the first day was normal. I kept thinking "how the fuck am I supposed to beat four dungeons in three days?" and other dumb shit. I had no clue the inverted song of time was a thing, either. The save concept also stemmed from these assumptions. I thought it was completely idiotic. I still kinda do. Thank god for those owls.
Plus I honestly thought the N64 one looked hideous to play. I understand system limitations but MM was the first game I couldn't even get too far in because of how it looked.
>>
>>322995803
There's nothing wrong with going at a dungeon multiple times. Especially if you manage to get the item; shit's easy mode from there
>>
>>322995803
The hardest thing was at Stone Tower Temple getting all the fairies. Since you have to exit the thing to flip it, if you miss a few faries. Then again faries are optional.
>>
>>322997571
What gets me is that I can barely understand why people hold the peculiarities of the original in such high regard. The core of MM is the NPC interaction, and the changes made by the remake were done specifically to focus more heavily on this and encourage the player to discover more things about the world and its quests organically, with less straight trial and error.

The end of the world atmosphere and the way its framed is important, but the actual mechanics surrounding this were simply far too unnecessarily tedious for their own good and have a fully negative impact on the way you explore the world, encouraging a 'business only' style of play instead of allowing the player the ability to appreciate the carefully thought out flourishes the game contains.
>>
>>322997486
>The new Song of Double Time alone makes the 3DS version unquestionably better.

I like the what they did to the Inverted Song (Made it actually go faster)

God how could people complain about the time limit in the original when you got like a free 4 fucking hours with no penalty?
>>
>>322998009
MM was much more impressive than OT since it used the power of the Expansion Pack.
>>
>>322998009
Thanks, but I was more asking about changes you liked about mm3d as someone who hasn't played mm3d. I assume the game fixed those issues at least.
>>
>>322998603
>MM was much more impressive than OT since it used the power of the Expansion Pack.
No, it was an aesthetic mess with no coherence. It looks and feels painfully slapped together.
>>
>>322994159
Dude.

I have OCD, though I have recovered almost completely. But for at least a decade it was pretty bad and all throughout that time and still MM was and is my favorite game.
>>
>>322998643
Different guy here, but the way the quests and how you discover them in the remake is better thought out and more interesting. The original was "waiting for inexplicable blue bars, the game". The remake is right to fix this.
>>
didn't they also change the observatory
to having regular wood stairs instead of the rainbow color stairs like in the n64 version
>>
>>322999117
Yes, and this is better. Now the observatory itself is actually awe inspiring, and there stairs are intricately patterned, stately and no longer wood textures with vector colouring slapped over them awkwardly.
>>
File: majoras mask edit.png (198 KB, 609x601) Image search: [Google]
majoras mask edit.png
198 KB, 609x601
MMfag here, here's my take on the 3ds version

>Good:
>Much better models and textures, and improved lighting/particles that with 1 exception preserve the atmosphere and for the most part still feels creepy
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allowing you to choose specific times to fast foward to.
>Gyro arrow controls

>Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse and more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in timee also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke, but you can impose thee limit artificially anyways.
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse

>Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>You have to get out of Goron mask to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting
>Feels very slightly less creepy due to better models. I'm a pretentious 2deep5u majora's mask fan and I still think it's only barely almost negligibly worse here.

There's more but unless you are super autistic you probably won't care. I say both versions are about even.

>>322994396
>A lot of the atmosphere is lost, too.
The ONLY location with changed atmosphere is the great bay temple.
>>
>>322996407
I don't really like the new moon either, wouldn't say it ruins the game, but I'd prefer it if its face was smaller
>>
>>323000121
Sorry, forgot a bad one: moon model is actually non negligibly worse, but overall that's still a small thing.
>>
>>323000121
See, I think the pros and cons match up when it comes to changes, but the graphic fidelity and c-stick controls of 3D really edge it for me.
>>
didn't they also nerfed the amount of time Deku Link can hop on the water?
>>
>>323000605
not directly; they changed how his spin accelerates, which makes using it to hop further harder.
>>
>>323000121
>You have to get out of Goron mask to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change

I don't think you have to. If you ram into him 3 times as opposed to landing on top of him he'll fall to the side and you can simply punch the eye. Sure it's not just 5 minutes of ramming into him anymore but it's not ruined.

>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse
>Fucking suplexing a giant centepede isn't an improvement over "giant" link slashing at it.

You should add that spinning no longer maxes your momentum for hopping on water as a deku. It makes it some what more challenging/annoying to traverse the swamp.
>>
It's a good version but is streamlined a bit, can't use ice arrows anywhere which sucks, ruined Zora swimming and changed the boss fights (not to my liking but also not necessarily bad)

The ability to skip forward to when you want is cool, and I like the position of the bank.

Fuck those dirty little nigger kids that run up to you shaking their little fists, annoys the fuck out of me
>>
>>323000816
>I don't think you have to.
Shit, I meant you have to exit rolling, not the mask itself

>Fucking suplexing a giant centepede isn't an improvement over "giant" link slashing at it.
True, but it's also less active since you get control taken away from you, so it evens out IMO.

>You should add that spinning no longer maxes your momentum for hopping on water as a deku. It makes it some what more challenging/annoying to traverse the swamp.
I did, right under the goht comment
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.