[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Son, did I ever tell you about the time I met an immortal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: HATE ANCIENT ALIENS.jpg (234 KB, 720x429) Image search: [Google]
HATE ANCIENT ALIENS.jpg
234 KB, 720x429
>Son, did I ever tell you about the time I met an immortal man?
>His name was Jack Cabot. He invited me to his house in uptown Boston. Incredible place, perhaps the only building in the entire city that had not fallen into disrepair.
>Anyway, it turns out that Cabot and his family had been alive since before the war. Nobody ever raised any suspicion of course, even though his sister was prone to wandering out and about, mingling with the mortal residents of Diamond City.
>How you may ask? Well it's quite simple. Jack's father, Lorenzo, was an archaeologist. In 1894 he went on an expedition in search of an ancient alien city. It turned out to be a great success as he discovered alien ruins buried beneath the sands of the Arabian desert, and from it took a magical artifact.
>Upon putting the artifact on his head, he became immortal and gained supernatural abilities, including telekinesis and hyper-intelligence. Sadly, it came at a price of his sanity.
>Jack had to lock Lorenzo up in an insane asylum for 400 years, periodically running tests on him and drinking his blood. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that's why his whole family is immortal too. They drink his magical blood which has been enhanced by the artifact.
>Sadly, it all had to come to an end. A group of ragtag raiders managed to take over the asylum in an attempt to get to Lorenzo. With Jack's assistance, I managed to thwart their assault, but it was too late for the old man. He died in his containment chamber at the ripe age of 452.
>Jack thanked me for his help and jury-rigged a gamma gun - that's a handheld device that shoots gamma rays - with the alien artifact. What? No, it can't make me immortal. It only worked on Lorenzo.
>As for Jack? Well, after losing his immortality, he went off to the Mojave desert in search of more ancient alien cities.
>He was a good friend.
>>
*bethesda seal of quality*
>>
ayy
>>
>curious
>neutral yes
>aggressive yes
>happy yes
>>
I dont think I've done a single quest I actively like...enjoyed? is the word? I know how faggy it sounds but I can scarely put into words how I feel about quests in fo4.

It's more fulfilling to me to read holotapes and figure out what happened in a random place than do thse goofy fucking quests. I'm a lovecraft buff and none of this does anything for me.
>>
WE WUZ IMMORTALS AND SHIT
>>
>tfw you hate fo4's writing but you keep playing it because it has your wifu
>>
>>322954754
what, you want to go back to having a boring, silent character?
>>
>>322955125
Yes.
>>
>>322954895
I hope you mean Curie.
>>
>>322955125
What does the way your character interacts with others have to do with the amount of choice in things you can say, and what NPC's can respond to?
>>
Lorenzo's gun was pretty helpful on my melee run. When I stormed the institute, it was useful to knock enemies off of the catwalks and on to the ground floor, since the catwalks were just out of blitz's range, and they had missile launchers.
>>
>>322954783
I liked some of the Railroad quests because I thought they did a decent job of covering up the fact that you're essentially just clearing yet another dungeon. Almost none of the other quests bothered to hide it.
>>
File: a.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>322955297
I prefer the superior synth.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 885x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 885x750
>>322956103
>superior Synth
>not Valentine
>>
>>322956103
>waifu
>not husbando
c'mon dude
>>
File: fuckmyshitup.gif (455 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fuckmyshitup.gif
455 KB, 1280x720
Still less dumb than talking deathclaws
>>
>>322956738
>implying he isn't the waifu in this relationship
>>
>>322955297
>Curie
>Not Piper
>>
File: 1448939704571.jpg (29 KB, 264x379) Image search: [Google]
1448939704571.jpg
29 KB, 264x379
>>322956846
>result of an experiment is a dumber idea than AYY LMAO MAGIC
>>
>>322957662
Ghost
>>
>>322955125
Agressive yes
>>
>>322955125
*aggressive* Yes
>>
>>322955125
>HATE VOICES
>>
>>322955125
SARCASTIC YES
>>
File: Fo2_Anna_Winslow.png (54 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Anna_Winslow.png
54 KB, 240x180
>>322957662
>skynet
>tragic the garnering
>pic related
>>
>>322952639
what was the point of this whole fucking questline?
>>
>>322963558
To make sure everyone knows that spooky aliens are now canon
>>
>>322963558
DLC set up of course
>>
>>322962727
>>322957921
>One-off quests that don't hold any major bearing on the story, the closest we get to any of those having a bearing being ZAX, who they themselves imply their uncertainty as to anything

>Any way comparable to a quest that grants you a powerful unique weapon, brings in wholly new, batshit insane additions to lore implying actual fucking alien space magic
>>
>>322957662
talking spore plant
>>
>>322955125
>sarcastic yes
>"GIVE ME BACK MY VOICLESS NPC ASSHOLE"
That is what's wrong with the dialogue
>>
>>322964956
>references are the same as canon
>>
>>322965062
it's a side mission in fallout 2, it's just as much canon as that was
>>
>>322965606
>Literally a talking carnivorous plant named Seymour
>Bu..bu... muh sidequests
It has no bearing on the plot compared to the Cabbot quest.
>>
>>322952639
Isn't that ice kings story from adventure time?
>>
>>322955125
>more dialogue choices that isn't an affirmative with a sarcastic or humorous tone
>boring
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.