[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate any%? It's the time when you get to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 302x167
Why do people hate any%?

It's the time when you get to see the speedrunners beat the game the fastest and use all their tricks that blow your mind, while 100% runs handicap the user and make all speedruns take longer.
>>
why do people like speedrunning in general? Only technically impressive onces I've seen was tetris master and FX zero or whatever that japanese racer game is, those are fucking good.

As opposed to a fallout 3 "speedrun"
>>
>>322942721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxXrEmhTalI
>>
>>322942518
Depends on the game. Mario 64 any% is stupid as hell because it's literally 3 blj's and the bowser levels. 100% makes you actually play the fucking game.
>>
0 star does not require even remotely the level of skill 120 does

do not even try to deb8 me.
>>
>>322942721
Most technically impressive one I ever watched was Half-life in half an hour.
>>
>>322943917
>using a patched-out glitch to duplicate items
Impressive. Truly a champion.
>>
>>322945541
Yet 120 star runners can't do 0 star runs as fast because it requires different skill. vise versa.
>>
>>322947391
a 120 runner can become competitive in 0 star in a couple of weeks¨

a 0 star runner cant become competitive in 120
>>
>>322942518
I just hate glitch runs. It's boring. Exploiting some programming mistake isn't interesting. Then you have to define what is and isn't a glitch, and people can never agree, so it's easier to just say 100% completion because at least people can mostly agree what that means.

I just want to see the games played in a way that the developers intended.
>>
>>322948615
>I just want to see the games played in a way that the developers intended.
Don't watch speedruns
>>
>>322947264
I was proving him right, not proving him wrong.
>>
File: 1425114084015.png (343 KB, 572x564) Image search: [Google]
1425114084015.png
343 KB, 572x564
>OoT. All Medallions speedrun
Thumbs up

>OoT minimal percentage run, Spirit and Shadow Medallions only
Ok, I can get behind this since you're simply using exploits and physics intended by the developer, and do need to work to earn for at least some inherited objectives (getting Bombchus from Spirit Temple in lieu of a Bomb Bag)

>OoT sequence-break speedrunning by wrong warping using a 1/100 error-rate frame glitch from Gohma's chamber to the final battle and beating the game as child Link in 17 minutes.
Yeah, nah. You just suck at Zelda and are using tricks discovered by someone else to get famous for their hard work.
>>
I think my favorite thing (not the most impressive mind you) is majoras mask single cycle runs

Seeing them do part of a dungeon, warp out, sprint to help someone, go to a different dungeon, get the item, go back to the first dungeon, beat it, go to help someone else is cool. It's constant motion and methodically planned out while still being an authentic display of the game
>>
>>322942518
The less opportunities for error the less interesting the run. Short shit for the sake of being fast isn't always great
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.