[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where will obsidians next fallout take place? And why should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24
File: 04-Fallout-4-Chicago.jpg (907 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
04-Fallout-4-Chicago.jpg
907 KB, 1400x1050
Where will obsidians next fallout take place? And why should it be chicago?
>>
Wow, another big city, how original

I think the series desperately needs to go to Florida or Canada and mix it up a little.
>>
It should be NYC, specifically Queens.
>>
>>322941527
Obsidian's not making a Fallout.
>>
They aren't going to make another Fallout tho
>>
>>322941527
>set post apocalyptic game in Chicongo

It's like nothing changed.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 960x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 960x517
>>322941527
No where because obsidian most likely wont make another fallout game
>>
>>322941740
>las vegas
>big
>>
>great war between US and China
>four (six?) games in US
>none in China
Tell me that wouldn't be cool
>>
The next Obsidian Fallout will be Not a Fallout at all because they're working on a new Vampire game. :^)
>>
It won't be Chicago, Florida or NYC, they're too far east. I have a feeling they'll set it somewhere in either Colorado, Arizona, Utah or maybe even a mix of the three with some Nevada. They have a lot of unfinished business with those areas from Van Buren.
>>
>Obsidian Fallout
>Not on the west coast
>>
florida
dlc on the carribean
>>
Obsidian isn't going to make another fallout game, after the shit that bethesda pulled on them with new vegas.
>>
>>322942091
That wouldn't be cool.
>>
>>322942091
It wouldn't, the US used higher yield nukes on China. China doesn't exist in Fallout.
>>
>>322942613
What shit?
>>
>>322942613
Yeah but Bethesda isnt getting the scores they wanted with Fallout 4 so they might crawl back to Obsidian.
>>
>>322941740
I want to see a Fallout in the deep south. Maybe around New Orleans?

>exploring irradiated bayous and swamps
>Fighting giant mutated alligators on their hind legs
>unique southern, french inspired architecture instead of another boring city or desert wasteland

probably won't happen because you probably can't transplant old Fallout lore there. Why would the Brotherhood of Steel be hanging out in the French Quarter? How would they explain Super Mutants being there? They'd have to come up with new, original stuff
>>
>>322942917
>Thinking Bethesda gives a shit about scores.

Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies dude.
>>
>>322943027
>that DLC for F3
>make an entire game out of it

nope
>>
>>322942281
West coast fallout best fallout.
>>
>>322942693
I highly doubt every big city in China was leveled to a point of no buildings at all left, and what about post war settlements? Look at the Chinese remnants at mama dolce, it's perfectly plausible that the decendants of some Americans could be over there. There is a completely unique sixties Maoist style communist aesthetic that could be implemented to replace the whole Americana thing going on in the other games.
>>
File: chips and cheese.jpg (97 KB, 732x549) Image search: [Google]
chips and cheese.jpg
97 KB, 732x549
>quebec
>>
>>322942719
Bethesda promised Obsidian a bonus if F:NV scored above 85 on Metacritic. They also agreed to do all of the QA for the game. Bethesda then never followed through with their promised QA, so when the game launched it got an 84 with most complaints being "the game is really buggy" which would've been fixed in QA. If Bethesda ever did it. Which they didn't.

So they bhasically jewed Obsidian out of money they deserved
>>
>>322943483
Why would anyone put caramel and melted marshmallows on french fires?
>>
>>322943087
Apparently they do because they Jewed Obsidian out of a payment because the score was one point too low.
>>
>>322943027

You couldn't really transport old fallout lore to the East coast, but Bethesda didn't care. Brotherhood of Steel making their way across the entire continent when the NCR have barely left California and Vault 87 having access to FEV and making the exact same super mutants The Master made after the Great War makes no sense. Also, is anyone else getting tired of the Brotherhood of Steel? Its the same thing every damn time.
>>
>>322943904
BoS has the best waifus though.
>>
>>322943436
china became a glowing green spot from space, I doubt there was someone left
>>
Fallout: Hotlanta

>Radioactive Kudzu jungles engulfing city
>Hardcore mode back with emphasis on water management from jungle heat
>Nuclear Apocalypse roving negro raiders
>All manner of irradiated animals from the ruins of the Atlanta zoo and Georgia Aquarium
>Neonconfederates vying for power against other local factions
>Swamp/Horror themed DLC in Savannah taping into L4D2/The Waking Dead Season 1 styles and themes
>Appalachia DLC

Would be bretty gud
>
>>
just make it modern day detroit
>>
>>322943717
are you autistic they jewed them just to jew them because theyre fucking jews
>>
>>322943658
I can't tell if you're joking.
>>
File: 2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg (28 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg
28 KB, 208x210
Who else was disappointed about fallout 4 being in Boston? No one lives in boston. We want Midwest cities like des moine or detroit.
>>
Just make it Detroit, they can just design it like it already is.
>>
>>322941776
NY became a nuclear wasteland even before the bombs dropped, m8.
>>
>>322943436
The entire theme on 1950's sci-fi Americana retrofuturism would be completely lost on any nation that is not America. MAYBE Toronto would work since they were in the middle of being annexed prior to the Great War, but that's it. Every fucking Fallout thread people give the same fucking answer and niggers keep asking the same fucking question, anyway.
>>
>>322941527
It should be in florida. probably miami or tampa bay.
>>
>>322946821
detroitfag here, can confirm
>>
>>32294152>>322941527
Paris to shake things up.
>>
>>322946204
>des moine
literally where
>>
>>322941527
Continuation of the states surround the area's of New Vegas or further explorations towards Montana or the states around it. Chicago can wait for Bethesda.
>>
>>322947238
Yes, it would be lost. I wasn't saying it wouldn't. But other countries, China included, had their own fifties and sixties cultures and ways that could appear in place of that.
>>322945125
Best idea for new spot in US. Midwest a boring
>>
>>322942613
>Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart has a keen interest in continuing their collaboration with Bethesda, and wasn’t afraid to say it: “Oh, we’d love to do Fallout: New Vegas 2.

Why do you people just make things up?
>>
Pacific Northwest, Arroyo is in Oregon after all and I'm a washingtonfag so yeah.
>>
>>322943904
>is anyone else getting tired of the Brotherhood of Steel?
Not just them. Super Mutants are done, they are just in Boston for no reason other than to be raiders with more hp. However there will never be a Fallout game with either of them and the Enclave will be back in the DLC.
>>
>>322946821
>set in Detroit
>all the car manufacturers are still their because lol the 50s never ended
>still can't find a working vehicle
>>
NEW NEW ORLEANS
>>
>>322949295
Enclave DLC,
Enclave super computer Theodore Lincoln Washington the IV unearths a vault holding 6 gorrillian Enclave troops with to liberate the Boston wasteland from the minute men. With the aid of Ayy Lmao's it is your job to put down the cyber Hitler menace bent on putting Minutemen and synths inside internment camps full of bugged scripted executions.
>>
>>322941527
Fallout: New Tokyo
>>
File: miss.gif (30 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
miss.gif
30 KB, 450x325
>>322941740
>>322943027

I think JSawyer's twitter showed field notebooks from Louisiana. They denied it was for fallout, but they have stated an interest in placing it in the deep south, pretty much verbatim of this guy>>322943027

I think the field notes could be for a V:TM game, could be in the works.

NOLA could be interesting: its a city dependent on the river, whose flow is actively managed to stay wwhere it is. Without maintenance, the river would move away from the city. Not to mention, the city is naturally sinking, due to how silt flows down the Mississippi. Also, if Fallout 3 is anything to go by, water holds radiation for a long ass time. The Mississippi being fed from the northern Midwest, where all of our missile silos are and would get pounded by bombs more than anywhere else, would turn the NOLA into a radioactive hellhole.

The problem with NOLA though, is that it's so dependent on the river, that any faction business going upriver would take away from any decisions or story in NOLA. If the river flowed backwards, due to apoc bullshit, then it could be a compelling location. I was thinking, if it was set a while after, you could have catholic saint-pagan worship, with Baptist crusaders, and voodoo would allow them to explore psykers more (think skyrim like spells).

I think Florida would work better, you could have repconn or another space center (Enclave or others), a not!Disney theme park, same geography and culture.

A big problem with having it in the southern is that the western theme - unfamiliar man arrives in area, slowly being accepted into the community, and then saves the day, almost always is twisted in the South, due to it being more insular. The man is almost never accepted, and the land cannot change.
>>
>>322946975
Thats not canon faggot
>>
>>322949828
With Super Enclave Soldiers, super mutants in Enclave power armor
>>
>>322950364
>not New Kyoto
>Nuke-e-ohtoh
>>
>>322950918
And some Shoe horned locations from the west to fuck with old fans and canon some more like saying Horrigan had 18 Super Mutant deathlord babies infused with armor and black and white objectives that you must kill which are in reality super mutant overlords in power armor.
>>
>>322942094
>they're working
Considering the publisher is Paradox, no they're not. They're going to release a paid alpha of it, and then spend another 5 years releasing $15 "expansions" which finish the development.

They'll only start 'working" on anything other than the base engine and maybe the most basic functions once they release their paid closed alpha.
>>
>>322942693
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Unless they dropped like 50 million nukes on china alone, I doubt everything was completely wiped out.
>>
File: circuit's edge.png (106 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
circuit's edge.png
106 KB, 220x279
I'd like to see a fallout in New Orleans, where the city was too irrelevant to nuke so it still exists as a functioning society. Thing is, is This game would have a predefined main character and the RPG customization with regards to the gameplay and story would be drastically changed to balance for that. Also, none of the quests would be "Save the world" shit like in all the other Fallouts (except for the first 1/4 of NV), but instead would be more personal and would emphasize character, not epic

So basically pic related+ Deus ex only in fallout and New Orleans
>>
>>322951571
China was still glowing in Mothership Zeta.
>>
>>322941527
IF obsidian was to make a new Fallout I would hope it would be set somewhere more Southwest like Texas. Maybe somewhere along the border. Mexico's already a wasteland. Now imagine a Fallout where you have to deal with ghoul rednecks and super mutated cartel bangers? I think that's be alright.
>>
File: 1368816285639.jpg (10 KB, 200x278) Image search: [Google]
1368816285639.jpg
10 KB, 200x278
>>322951965
>even mentioning Mothership Zeta

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>322952165
Whats wrong with Mothership Zeta? It was great.
>>
>>322952165
It's canon now. Deal with it.
>>
>>322952373
Jokes can only go so far. The Rifle was alright.
>>
>>322941776
Obsifags here are fucking disgusting
>>
Fallout: Dead Orleans

Mutant gators and creepy swampfolk
>>
I think a Fallout set in another country would be genuinely interesting but I know it will never ever happen. 50's US retrofuturism culture is getting pretty played out by this point, seeing someone else's 50's retrofuturism culture would be a breath of fresh air.

Not sure which country should be used though. My first thoughts would be either Canada or Britain.
>>
File: what.jpg (28 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
28 KB, 307x462
You guys are fucking dumb

1) IF obsidian makes a new fallout game, it would be west coast
2) They would make it either in the far southwest or the far northwest
3) Northwest would make more sense because of all the unused concept art of fallout online AND fallout extreme
4) The northwest has literally nothing about it, obsidian can create some god-tier shit there
:)^
>>
File: V13_Snow_City.jpg (85 KB, 1018x727) Image search: [Google]
V13_Snow_City.jpg
85 KB, 1018x727
Portland and Seattle.

Several years after the events of NV, the NCR is still stalled on their Eastern front from constant skirmishes with the Legion. The Legion, now disorganized and lacking in cohesion following the death of Ceasar has begun to splinter.

Slaves escape, some seeking refuge with the NCR, and former soldiers leave their ranks to form their own raiding groups. The NCR, conversely, is stretched so thin on the Eastern front and so unable to deal with the chaos of the dissolution of the Legion proper, they focus their sights on Northern expansion, allowing the Legion to tear themselves apart.

Previous attempts to settle the areas north of Arroyo have deterred settlers due to the cold climates. With resources so thin, the NCR seeks the bounty of the Oregon and Washington coastlines, relatively unaffected by any direct nuclear attack (I actually cannot remember if Seattle or Portland were nuked).

Upon arrival, the NCR finds various settlements of people living in a pseudo-Inuit lifestyle among the frozen land, along with packs of vicious irradiated animals. Finally, there is rumored to be ongoing Chinese activity in the far North. In addition to escaped slaves running to the Northern territories from the Legion and the packs of raiders that follow their trail, within a few short years the Northern territory becomes the center of various conflicts.

I don't know who I think the MC should be. A tribal, maybe? Or is that copying too much from FO2?

For factions I would think the main ones would be:
NCR
Inuit Tribals
Chinese

I don't really want to go back to the East Coast, please, even though I love living on the East Coast. Also a snowy, comfy Fallout sounds awesome.
>>
>>322953864
Also there was supposed to be a mod to add Portland to New Vegas.

I would see Portland as being sorta the last town. The NCR doesn't have a foothold in and skirmished with the tribals at first. Now they're trying to take over the land through trade. The Chinese should have a huge compound or city in Seattle where they got stuck after the invasion and ended up settling after it was moderately safe enough to come out of their subs or whatever.

After 200 years, there is still animosity on both sides, but it would be cool to see them portrayed as reasonable. Also an excuse to see some more Chinese tech.
>>
File: Rogue knight.jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rogue knight.jpg
553 KB, 1920x1080
>>322953864
>Snowy, comfy Fallout
Sounds like Skyrim with guns.

But in a good way.
>>
Fallout: Denver
>>
>>322953696
The thing is it doesn't have to follow the treo-futurism dick so hard like Fallout 4 did. it could be tamed like FO1-2 and NV.
>>
File: tumblr_len128FPKN1qz7x7bo1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_len128FPKN1qz7x7bo1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x416
>>322953696
But the whole point of Fallout is about American excess and blind Patriotism. Without any of that Americana it would totally lose it's base. I see what you're saying, and it's a more well-thought out point that people who just want Fallout:Japan because lolSamuraiApocalypse XD by far, but I don't know if I would go for it.
>>
>>322953864
I'd like to see a snowy Fallout, maybe it will be the next one since Elder Scrolls is going to go all desert landscape for Hammerfell they will want to make it look different.
>>
>>322954569
As a mod it owuld be fine but it wouldn't be too lore friendly given that the Chinese didn't have much of an invasion force late into the war.
>>
I feel like Appalachia has been largely ignored by the Fallout series, which is a shame since the area is so unique.
>>
>>322952165

Whether you like it or not(I don't like it) Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 made aliens canon.
>>
>>322955017
I see nothing wrong with exploring a different culture while maintaining the world and the post-apocalyptic theme. Just because Americana was where it started doesn't mean the series can't explore something more fresh or expand the universe. It baffles me how Fallout autists get this triggered by the idea. I mean Grand Theft Auto is strongly based in parodying American culture too, you don't see people foaming at the mouth when someone suggests Rockstar try a different country though.
>>
>>322948726
>But other countries, China included, had their own fifties and sixties cultures and ways that could appear in place of that.

No one cares about those.
>>
>>322955146
I know, but thinking after 200 years of being stuck somewhere, the population would increase substantially. Even one submarine with 50 people is enough to be genetically sustainable, I think but I'm not a doctor so don't trust me. You could end up with descendants of descendants of a small invasion force sent to the northern west coast after the US recaptured Alaska.

It's just a group I would like to see expanded upon. Other than that, I think the only thing we know about northern Oregon/Washington is that it's full of cannibals, but I'm not sure I would make them a major faction. A small one, sure.
>>
>no fallout set in alaska
It would even justify the small or nonexistent settlements!
>>
>>322955490
>you don't see people foaming at the mouth when someone suggests Rockstar try a different country though.
I've seen quite a lot of that in GTA threads. Pointing out that there have been not one but two games set in London before now doesn't seem to stop it, either.
>>
does anyone else get upset that fallout 3 created a fanbase who thinks that fallout is synonymous with ruined cities? the only ruins you went to in the original games were bakersfield and la, and they weren't even major locations.
>>
>>322955716
Operation: Anchorage, I guess.
>>
>>322955490
Explore it in a different series.
>>
>>322956107
You're an idiot.
>>
>>322955820
Urban areas have a lot of potential, although they certainly didn't define the Fallout series prior to 3.
>>
>>322956107
Do you have a single reason for that besides 'it's always been in America'?
>>
File: 78976580954.jpg (80 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
78976580954.jpg
80 KB, 600x776
>>322955490
I wasn't foaming at the mouth, I was saying I wouldn't go for it because it's not really what Fallout is about. It's different in TES where we expect to go to a different country/culture in each game, but FO is really ultimately about the fall of Americana.

>>322955820
I don't think cities should be the end-all be-all, but even if they got blown up you can't deny they existed. And when your asking people where they think a game should take place, it's easier to give a general location around a city than say something like "Texas" because that's a huge area.
>>
>>322941527
don't you fucking tease me about obsidian and fallout anon, it hurts too much
>>
File: racism.jpg (161 KB, 1400x980) Image search: [Google]
racism.jpg
161 KB, 1400x980
>>322956213

The best part of 2 were cities (Namely VC, Reno, and NCR)
>>
>>322955820
Fallout 3's world building pisses me off to no end. Turning a series about post-apocayptic societies into fucking Mad Max is unforgivable.
>>
>>322943527
Do you understand how stupid you sound when you claim Bethesda torpedoed one of its own IPs just so they woudln't have to pay a few developers a bonus?

If New Vegas ended up being complete and utter trash it would've cost Bethesda millions, and if it wound up being GOTY material it would've made Bethesda millions. Either way a bonus would've been a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>322956542
>I wasn't foaming at the mouth
Wasn't a statement directed at you but a general one. And while you consider the fall of Americana to be the main focus, to me, and apparently according to a lot of discussion about fallout being "post-post-apocalyptic" it's more about generally the rebuilding of society upon fallen ideals and how civilisation continues to progress after the apocalypse with various parties trying to establish the status quo through their dominance. Regardless of which is the case, it's not like expanding your universe and giving some insight on how things work out outside the borders of the US that isn't just a few lines in the instruction manual would do any harm. Even if the central theme is Americana, that doesn't mean some peiople wouldn't want to see what the Europe or Asia of the Fallout universe turned out like.
>>
>>322941527
>there'll never be a game that actually looks like that concept art
>>
>>322956542
>but FO is really ultimately about the fall of Americana.
And I would have to argue that after five games Americana has well and truly fallen. And as that other anon pointed out, the timeline has advanced so much that it's less about Americana and more about new nations arising from the ashes of the old - and some of them bear very little resemblance to the US of A.

>that Halo sniper rifle tho
>>
> nuclear war breaks out
> civilization in ruins
> hundreds of years pass
> mutants roam the streets of Chicago
> it looks literally the same as in 2016
>>
File: changeling.jpg (153 KB, 736x900) Image search: [Google]
changeling.jpg
153 KB, 736x900
>>322941527
I'd prefer they make a Vampire or Changeling game
>>
>>322956107
Yeh well, the 3d fallouts should be a.different fucking series.
>>
>>322957214
Well, that's why I suggested this >>322954569

Even if for no other reason than it's pretty assured that any future FOs will not take place anywhere outside the US, except maybe as DLC. Having a society of Chinese people who ended up there.

It's at least a compromise. I would also like to know some more about the Chinese, and something like that could provide a microcosm of culture.
>>
Avellone is working for Larian on Divinity OS 2. Sawyer and Obsidian are doing something with Paradox and will probably get screwed out of tons of money, as usual. Fargo and Inxile are doing Planescape and Bard's Tale. We need to accept that Fallout is dead.
>>
>>322956654
those were all newly constructed or rebuilt cities. the first 2 fallout games were more about people rebuilding than it was about crawling around in ruins, but then fallout 3 comes along and suddenly the series is just american stalker/metro 2033 with stupid 50s shit.
>>
>>322957784

There's 0 chance of them making Fallout anyway. And Paradox are probably sucking their dick to make a WoD game.
>>
>>322941927
Las Vegas is too far in the other direction. The options shouldn't be limited to just "huge city" or "empty, boring desert."
>>
>>322943527
Remember kids, it's never Obsidian's fault.
>>
>>322955017
this desu. you could pretty much rename metro to fallout and it would still make sense.
>>
>>322948810
Im all for this idea especially if part of the takes place in some giant redwood forest a la Resistance 2. Then we can finally add some color back to Fallout
>>
>>322958707
>game set in Russia
>and is very Russian
>fits 'the fall of Americana'

I'm sorry, what? Or did you mean to quote >>322958114?
>>
I want a Fallout Game set in a city with no major landmarks. Make your own damn landmarks.
>>
File: 1451827564957.png (481 KB, 644x446) Image search: [Google]
1451827564957.png
481 KB, 644x446
>>322941527
>fallout
fuck fallout, i wan't KOTOR 3
>>
>>322959639
>wan't
Want, well shit i guess it's time to get some sleep
>>
>>322941527
Oregon
>>
File: todd.png (131 KB, 241x245) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
131 KB, 241x245
>>322959639
Why? What do you think Bioware would do to it? Just let the actual story RIP in piece.

Beth is bad, but Bioware is worse.
>>
File: 1451257577419.jpg (28 KB, 406x375) Image search: [Google]
1451257577419.jpg
28 KB, 406x375
>>322960004
>there will never be another KOTOR game that claims the MMO shit as uncanon and just continues from 2, or even takes 2 as uncanon and you get to continue your adventure as Revan
kill me
>>
>>322950494
>the western theme - unfamiliar man arrives in area, slowly being accepted into the community, and then saves the day
Why do you say that's "the western theme"? Less than 10% of Westerns (That I've seen, admittedly Ive only seen a hundred or so) would follow that theme.
>>
i just want the game to explore the aftermath of the eventual collapse of Caesar's Legion. They will most likely split up into smaller groups based off their own ideologies.

I hope these two things end up canon:
Caesar dies from his tumor and Lanius died at Hoover Dam.
>>
>>322960289
>uncanon the MMO
but the mmo was actually p cool, storywise. I'd love to play as a Sith race.
>>
>>322941527
its the setting that matters.
>>
Alaska. You'd be able to have a big mix of Chinese and American war toys, armor, and bases as both nations had occupied it prior to the war. It would also be a cool way to get more info on how China was prewar and possibly if theres anything left.
>>
>Obsifags/Obsidiots still think Obsidian will get to make a Fallout game

kek. Keep dreaming.
>>
>>322955490
>you don't see people foaming at the mouth when someone suggests Rockstar try a different country though.
You've obviously never been to a GTA thread.
>>
>>322941527
They'll never get to touch that franchise ever again.
>>
>>322960837
Well you got me, last time was around 2 years or something. People would suggest shit like GTA London, Paris or Hong Kong regularly and the asspained outcry of "NNNNOOOOO MY FAILED AMERICANA DREAM" was nowhere near as massive as it gets in Fallout threads. Shit changed so much over the past 2-3 years? What happened?
>>
>>322953864
I like this, a lot.

Additionally Oregon's only got two, maybe 3 priority targets in a nuclear exchange and there's enough distance between them that it really wouldn't fuck up the countryside much.
>>
>>322955490
>I see nothing wrong with exploring a different culture
You mean besides the fact that the Atomic Age and romantization of nuclear power was a uniquely and endemically American concept?

Fallout makes absolutely no sense in any other country. Other countries didn't have shit like the Radium Girls, or Fiesta Glass, or the Ford Nucleon.

Anyone who suggests Japan as a potential setting is egregiously fucking stupid, because if there's a single country on the entire fucking planet that's not going to romanticize the fucking atom isn't going to be Japan.
>>
>>322960667
IIRC, China got turned into an inland sea. At least it was implied in some of the leaked Vanburen stuff iirc.
>>
>>322960459
>They will most likely split up into smaller groups based off their own ideologies

you mean exactly as they were before being assimilated into the legion?
>>
>>322956541
There doesn't need to be a reason beyond that.
>>
File: 1378502064749.jpg (54 KB, 658x557) Image search: [Google]
1378502064749.jpg
54 KB, 658x557
>>322961763
>the soviet union
>not romanticising the atom

Are you absolutely fucking retarded? That's a rhetorical question by the way, you don't need to answer it.
>>
File: Chicago3.png (233 KB, 720x470) Image search: [Google]
Chicago3.png
233 KB, 720x470
Chicago was already the setting of Fallout Tactics. Bethesda likes to do new areas with each game, not rehash old ones.
>>
>>322958442

It's funny how the "empty boring desert" felt more alive than whatever city Fallout 4 is supposed to be.

Funny how those things work.
>>
>>322945125
This desu, desu.

Atlantan, why don't we get the love in video games? inb4 Do You Sex
>>
>>322962104
It's far less funny when you go to hell. For lying.
>>
>>322962289
Because Atlanta is fucking awful to live in

source: lived in Atlanta for 15 years
>>
>>322962371

What crawled up your ass?
>>
>>322962417
Yeah, it might be awful, but at least the hipster faggots haven't taken over (completely) yet. I'm just glad that Atlanta is, and will always be ghetto as fuck.
>>
>>322961962
We did romanticize it either. To us it was a matter of protection and not a form of entertainment besides political cartoons and radio jokes every so often.
>>
>>322962371
Not that anon but at least New vegas has a reason for it appearing barren and having very little ecological regen after 200 years, boston has no such excuse. Shit should be vibrant and look like fall in a deciduous forest area, not like a west coast fire blew through the countryside that summer.
>>
>>322962692
didn't*
>>
>>322955017
>the whole point of Fallout is about American excess and blind Patriotism
It is? Bethesda might have shoved that theme down our throats in FO3 but the previous games had an otherworldly, rebuilding civilization from scratch setting to them.
>>
>>322961962
Oh, I wasn't aware the USSR did regular public atomic detonations for fun, or used radioactive paints, or just chugged radium water for "health benefits."
>>
>>322962601

smells like a nigger in here
>>
>>322963130
Care to remind me who created the most powerful nuclear weapon ever to be detonated?
>>
>>322961793
it's different now that they have military knowledge and training in the legion. things will never be the same but they have to move on.
>>
Seattle so you can drink irradiated coffee and #GhoulLivesMatter
>>
>>322963593
Yeah, that's totally the same thing as building a prototype car with a nuclear reactor and glassware with uranium in it so it glows in the dark.
>>
>>322950494
Field notes are definitely for VtR.
>>
>>322962371
>hurr new vegas was big and empty
Fallout 3 was just fucking tunnels

If anywhere it should be seattle area
>>
>>322952373
>objectively wrong.
>>
>>322953864
>Inuit tribals
>Oregon
>>
>>322953864
Nah, senpai, place should be warmer and the main conflict should be between the NCR and the Northwest Khanate (which is where the Khans end up in both their best and worse endings) over Portland, with the Free City of Seattle fueling the fires and providing mercenary services for fun and profit. Tale of Two Cities shit, you know?
>>
>>322960329
Try reading it as a theme found in westerns that 1, 2 and NV followed, rather than the canonical "The Western Theme". Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>322946204
>Des Moines
literally three times less the population of Boston
>>
>>322943658
>gravy and cheese curds
But that sounds like a good idea too.
>>
>>322963946
Doesn't change the fact that nuclear power still played a massive role in countries outside the US, and the cold war wasn't a little thing isolated to the US. The entire world was shitting itself over it. Not to mention >>322957214
>>322963056

A good Fallout without shoehorning shitty songs simply because they have "nuclear" in the title or lyrics and having every in-universe consumable product have a shitty "nuclear" pun is entirely possible. You know. Like Fallout 1.
>>
File: 1425604202425.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1425604202425.png
454 KB, 414x499
I just want New Vegas with Fallout 4's gunplay and clothing physics.

>mfw NCR Ranger armor with a moving trenchcoat
>>
File: Black Company.png (69 KB, 246x284) Image search: [Google]
Black Company.png
69 KB, 246x284
>>322941740
Canada was Americanized through annexation nothing will really change.

Mexico had American forces permanently stationed there for the oil. I believe it was implied that the U.S. controlled South America too.

Europe and the middle east fucked each other up in their war. Then Europe kills itself in a continent spanning civil war, the likelihood of many people surviving into post-war times is abysmally low.

China controlled a shitload of the remaining world that wasn't controlled by the U.S. Until the U.S. troops came a knocking and started sweeping across China.

Hmm, think only Russia remained truly independent but they were U.S. allies.

Pick your culture, either little China or little America in the country you want it set in.
>>
>>322965375
There's really no reason to go outside of the US unless you're planning on doing a soft reboot of the franchise. You'd have to make the entire meat of the setting and all of its icons over from scratch. No radscorps, Deathclaws, Vaults, GA or Robco robots, no PA, no FEV or Supermutants, no "Old World" to be blue about, etc.
>>
>>322965753

>FO:NV but with better gunplay and swishy clothes.

It's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>322955358
Skynet was made from alien tech you fucking obsidiot
>>
I have a few ideas

>Seattle
>Russia
>China
>St. Louis
>Honolulu
>>
File: 1451883961604.jpg (54 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
1451883961604.jpg
54 KB, 514x536
>>322941527
>Wanting another Obsidian Fallout
>After PoE
>>
>>322966186
>There's really no reason to go outside of the US unless you're planning on doing a soft reboot of the franchise.

Totally. I mean fuck providing variety and fleshing out your universe and lore, right?

>the rest of that post
God forbid actually creating some new assets and concepts and writing something new for once.

>no "Old World" to be blue about
What
>>
>>322941527
Because the Obsidian people would want the setting to be POST-APOCALYPTIC that's why nuking NCR was the canonical ending of Lonesome Road. There's a little thing that happened in a Fallout 3 DLC that covered the entire area around the Great Lakes in dust and possibly flattened whatever was left.

It would be a prime candidate. Chicago.
>>
>>322962601

Well Tripwire moved here. Also with Google Fiber being planned, Atlanta might have a wave of that. Hell Huntsville might become the biggest city in Alabama and a huge tech hub which could influence Georgia even more.
>>
>>322969290
>Totally. I mean fuck providing variety and fleshing out your universe and lore, right?
Yeah, it's not like at least three major U.S. regions haven't been so much as touched upon in any canon work, right? Surely the only place to go is entirely out of the country where all of the lore, existing factions, and everything recognizable about the series is!

>God forbid actually creating some new assets and concepts and writing something new for once.
Ah, yes, the only way you could possibly introduce some much-needed originality into the series is by entirely removing any familiarity from it! Let's just ignore shit like the Legion, Big Mountain, the Sierra Madre, Securitrons, or any of that original stuff in New Vegas.

>What
Don't you know? Europe and Central Asia were ruined shitheaps before the Great War. There's nothing to rebuild or look back on since it was all destroyed prior to the bombs dropping. Meanwhile, China was a completely alien, autocratic hellhole devastated during the Sino-American war.

Why would you bother making a Fallout game outside of America when practically everything unique about the series comes from a distinctly American perspective or doesn't exist outside of America per the lore? You might as well make a Metro game in an above-ground English train yard.
>>
>>322941740

I'm cool with Florida. Irradiated everglades is great fodder for mutated creatures.
>>
>>322941527
Id like to see columbia, sc. Its a great place for a setting like fallout
>>
File: 1450626965232.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1450626965232.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
>>322942091
>>322950364
>>322955490
>actually wanting fallout to take place outside of the U.S.
>wanting to walk around literally noting but empty deserts because every country but the U.S. and China was destroyed even before the bombs dropped
>>
>>322960667
a game that takes place in alaska would be awesome if they made weather and freezing to death a mechanic. going outside a shelter would mean you only had a certain amount of time to explore before you freeze to death, and finding better suits would increase the range you could explore.
>>
>>322952783
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>322950494
>psykers

If I didn't just play Underrail I would call that a gimmick due to standard /v/ operating procedure. But I'm okay with that.
>>
>>322959118
The talent for Bethesda to adequately pull that off is not realistic. Although that would be very cool. It should be China though, but with Communist propaganda and story that would really break from the Americana theme.
>>
>>322941880

>Not making another of one of the most critically aclaimed RPGs of the decade

Beth likes mony too much not to.
>>
>>322941527
somewhere innawoods
>>
>>322953864
>oregon
>everyday is raining radiation
>>
Canada, in the one vault that got finished before the War that you've never heard about until now. There will be a Mountie faction and they ride hideous mutant horses. Super Mutants will be all over the place, the result of a Red Chinese knockoff version of FEV.
>>
Hawaii, even if it's just DLC

I want radical surfer dudes and mutants with leis. Actually, did the Hawaiian islands get glassed? If not, would be cool to take a ship there in a DLC just for a relaxing "lol what war" attitude from NPCs
>>
>>322967035
Fallout 4.5 is going to be developed by that Montreal office Bethesda just opened.
>>
>>322953778
this. fucking this.
>>
>>322953864
i live in seattle. there's almost never snow here. and i'm almost positive seattle wasn't nuked in fallout.
>>
fallout new vegas with updated graphics, and expanded content that they left out from development or van buren.

i would die a happy anon
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.