[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT unpopular opinions I think the best 2D Mario game is SMB2/USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 19
ITT unpopular opinions

I think the best 2D Mario game is SMB2/USA
>>
File: zelda2title.gif (7 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
zelda2title.gif
7 KB, 256x224
>>322934478
same

also my favorite zelda game is 2
>>
File: 130718stridershot[1].jpg (30 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
130718stridershot[1].jpg
30 KB, 530x298
I enjoyed the Double Helix Strider game.
>>
The New Super Mario Bros franchise is pretty fun and does everything it's supposed to do really well
>>
Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario.
>>
>>322935353
Mines 3d World
>>
Phantom Hourglass is better than the majority of Zelda titles, including Wind Waker.
>>
>>322934478
fallout 4 was actually pretty good.
>>
I think MGS is overblown and clunky
"Tumblr" is a shitty scapegoat to excuse yourself not liking the gamr
>>
Using "reddit/tumblr" as an adjective should be a bannable offense
>>
File: 1446328240080.jpg (609 KB, 999x1086) Image search: [Google]
1446328240080.jpg
609 KB, 999x1086
>>322934478
Saying SJW should automatically give a lifetime ban.
>>
hating or liking something because of the company that made it or published it or because of the fanbase is fucking stupid
>>
>>322936014
>I think MGS is overblown and clunky

Funny, thinking the same thing about Meme Souls and Memeborne. I'm glad FROM are moving from that garbage formula to better stuff.
>>
>>322936326
Seconded.
>>
File: great.gif (439 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
439 KB, 500x378
>>322936527
sounds like the kind of anti free speech stuff a SJW would like.
>>
>>322936527
Yes, wouldn't you love that, little SJW?
>>
>>322936527
SJW detected
>>
Elder Scrolls Online is the best elder scrolls gamre
>>
I think there should be more games like Hatred, not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of violence. Maybe a new Manhunt or something.
>>
>>322934478
I didn't mind Donte that much.
>>
>>322934478
Witcher 3 is not a very good game mechanics wise
>>
>>322935730

same
>>
EDF as a series is complete garbage that isn't fun for more than 5 minutes.

Final Fantasy 13 was fine, not great, just fine.

Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 are worse than AE by virtue of AE being and actual game.

Power Stone series > Smash
>>
2015 was the best year for games we've had in a long time
>>
>>322934478
while it may be unpopular
it isn't a bad opinion
all the original mario titles minus the mario land games were all pretty much amazing.
>>
I prefer playing FPS games like Battlefront with a controller
>>
A game like Rocket League is much more of a display of skill and more deserving of "esport" status than ASSFAGGOTs or Counterstrike.
>>
>>322934478
I think Borderlands can be really fun at times.
It's still a huge piece of shit, mind you, but it has just enough fun for me to want a good game out of the series
>>
I don't understand what's so fun about the Zelda games, it's literally the same thing every single game, and I just now realized that the same goes for mario and pokemon but for some reason those seem more fun
>>
File: sadness.jpg (27 KB, 399x392) Image search: [Google]
sadness.jpg
27 KB, 399x392
Despite the fact I'm no normie, I'm a virgin who gave up non-2D years ago, I spend most of my days playing games or watching anime, and I'm not really a judgemental person...for some reason I just find it really pathetic and look down on people who tryhard in online video games.

It's not a logical thing, can't explain it, just on an emotional level I find them really appalling.
>>
>>322934478
WiiU isn't take great
>>
>>322934478

Brutal Doom is very fun and I enjoy playing it.
>>
>>322935209
it was supposed to stop 10 years ago
>>
File: Image-bloodborne-doll-01.jpg (471 KB, 914x1080) Image search: [Google]
Image-bloodborne-doll-01.jpg
471 KB, 914x1080
I really like Dark Souls 2
>>
Uncharted series is simply good. Barely that, even since it's pretty fucking shallow. Not fantastic or even great, but it's alright at what it sets out to do I guess.

Sony's first and second parties in general make good but not great games all across the board, with some exceptions.

Two Best Friends Play irk me whenever they get super passionate and go so deep into fighting game lore and shit when it's just like...really? Who cares?

Western developers generally really are inferior to Japanese devs. It's actually kind of appalling that we all collectively let them get away with making mostly mediocre games, with the occasionally great or even fantastic game here and there. Where are the deep gameplay mechanics? Where is the well-designed combat? Why are animations so shit in Western games? Where are the boss fights, and when they ARE there, why are they almost always so terribly designed? Fuck it actually upsets me that not only is Western design forgiven across the masses, most people seem to pretty much PREFER Western game design over Japanese game design, including all the so-called "hardcore gamers" that don't seem to have any self-awareness.
>>
>>322942375
Uncharted is a pretty standard TPS with absolutely fantasic set pieces and gameplay scenarios, that's what set's it apart.
>>
File: Assassin's Creed.jpg (685 KB, 1586x2162) Image search: [Google]
Assassin's Creed.jpg
685 KB, 1586x2162
Assassin's Creed III is my favorite in the series
>>
>>322939239

Please elaborate
>>
>>322942806
Not him, but it's pretty much Arkham combat if it were an action RPG
>>
>>322942907

The Arkham games have magic and alchemy?
>>
e-celebs do count as video game culture and discussing them should be allowed on /v/, however it should be confined to a single "e-celeb" general.
>>
>>322943134

>a single "e-celeb" general

Dear god, imagine the chaos when Game Grumps conspiracy theorists start sharing space with the general populace.

I want it. I want to watch the shitstorm.
>>
>>322934478
I think that people should chill out about the fact that some people like Undertale and some don't. I like it because it made me feel emotions, actual raw emotions that I don't get to feel very often unless I force myself to.
>>
>>322934478

Metal Gear games are overrated hardcore.

Starcraft is great but not as good as Supreme Commander (Excluding supreme commander 2 which is trash)

Until Dawn is a shit game and woulda been a better web series considering there isn't much real "gameplay" worth spending that much money on.
>>
>>322943134
>a whole general of shit like #beesex
not sure this is a good idea
>>
Every Nintendo console since the GC has just been a Smash machine, same as the handhelds are just Pokemon machines
>>
>>322943348
There's a subreddit for it anon.
>>
>>322940498
This

Also Dota really isn't as hardcore as their players like to say it is, it's mostly just tedium
>>
>>322943357

Holy fucking thank you.
>>
Games aren't as serious as /v/ takes them. Just because a game has many flaws you can point out doesn't make it a bad game, it means you're living a pipe dream of some perfect idea you had for the game and it didn't turn out that way. Fallout 4 is fun. MGSV is fun.
>>
>>322943610

Fucking where?
>>
>>322934478
I think the original RE1 is better than REmake.
>>
File: matoi puzzled.jpg (58 KB, 545x444) Image search: [Google]
matoi puzzled.jpg
58 KB, 545x444
>I don't care for nintendo games
>God Hand is overrated
>Witcher series bored the shit out of me
>MGS V was fun
>Resident Evil 4 is good but is the exact reason why every game that came after it sucked.
>>
>>322943992
https://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyGrumps/
>>
File: twilight4.png (2 MB, 1010x1418) Image search: [Google]
twilight4.png
2 MB, 1010x1418
Twilight princess is my favorite zelda game.
>>
File: 1391603251282.png (489 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1391603251282.png
489 KB, 571x540
Bloodborne is unironically a better video game than Dark Souls IMO.
>>
>>322944175

What, all Nintendo games? You've played all of them?
>>
God Hand is absolute shit and the fact it's so well liked around here makes me feel like liking it is some kinda of joke I wasn't around to see
>>
>>322942659
I find it to be an enjoyable series I guess. It probably shines through in the multiplayer.

If anything, the games are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, since they're pretty shallow. All you really have is so rather generic automatic platforming, some decent shooting, some shitty stealth, and some awful melee mechanics, all through a linear, setpiece-ridden campaign, with the occasional puzzle here and there. There's really not TOO much to the game but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't derive some enjoyment from it. It's alright I guess, like a cheap, yet ultimately shallow and forgettable summer blockbuster that you found to be a fun watch the first time around.

I'm looking forward to UC4 though, since they're taking a few cues from TR2013 and making the platforming more complex and the game less linear overall. Should be good.
>>
I hate game people like
I like game people hate
I never beat game
These threads are boring as fuck why do the happen every day?
>>
File: 1444695948646.png (383 KB, 785x590) Image search: [Google]
1444695948646.png
383 KB, 785x590
I literally do the opposite that /v/ tells me to do
that's the best thing I could ever done
>>
Prototype 2 is better than Prototype 1 in every way, with the sole exception of Alex being cartoonishly evil

Call of Duty reliably has good single-player campaigns. Not worth $60 but they're fun to play through a couple times.

Any RPG that doesn't have AT LEAST six party members (not counting the MC) is literally garbage.
>>
>>322944857
live a long and happy life
>>
/v/ users are straight up too picky
>>
File: 1445684067009.jpg (34 KB, 461x439) Image search: [Google]
1445684067009.jpg
34 KB, 461x439
>>322939239
Dark Souls and Bloodborne arent very good games mechanics-wise. They do thrive on memes though.
>>
File: 21346519785023.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
21346519785023.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
I don't particularly like open world games at all, and much prefer mostly linear level design like RE4, Rayman 2, and Bioshock.

I like Dark Souls II more than Dark Souls I because it's less frustrating and punishing.

Ori and the Blind Forest and Xenoblade Chronicles are the two most overrated games I played in 2015.
>>
>>322945408
No, people aren't picky enough. Every time there's a shitty game, it gets worshiped and people buy the fuck out of it, ensuring that more shitty games will be made. Many developers seem out of touch with what their fanbase actually wants.

There are hundreds of good games so why NOT be picky? What's the value of playing a shitty game, when you could play a good one instead?
>>
>>322941968
There's only four games in the series anon.
>>
>>322934478
I actually enjoyed Crysis 2 more than Crysis.
>>
>>322945680
You're retarded but that's being redundant here.
>>
Even though I'm not a furry, leftist and tumblrina I found undertale to be genuinely good and don't understand the hate it gets from /v/
>>
>>322945680
Wrong opinion there buddy.
>>
I'm looking forward to Psychonauts 2 and I'm glad it was funded.
>>
>>322934478
Dark Souls is easy due to its shitty AI.

I don't want open world nor corridors. I want large, complicated maps with a lot of secrets.

Undertale wasn't great but it wasn't shit either.

I hate games with romance systems. They add nothing to the experience and are there just for basement dwellers.

I prefer pixelated over HD.

MOBAs are, were and will always be shit.
>>
Smash 64 is superior to Melee

Brawl is fun

Smash 4 is between Melee and Brawl, closer to Melee

64 > Melee > Sm4sh >> Brawl
>>
>>322947180
>I hate games with romance systems. They add nothing to the experience and are there just for basement dwellers.
I don't know about that, there's a few games out there where romance systems allow for combination moves and stat boosts and such.

But those are few and far between.
>>
>>322944175
>>Resident Evil 4 is good but is the exact reason why every game that came after it sucked.

This is correct though, how is that an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>322947427
That's pretty much the reason I hated Origins.

I mean, why should I be nice to a group of people I don't sympathize with?

Maybe it's got more to do with me disliking most of my companions in games. The only two people I could ever bear were the bad guys, and my characters hated them both.
>>
>>322948028
>not liking dog
>>
>>322944175
>>Resident Evil 4 is good but is the exact reason why every game that came after it sucked.
Oh shit, speaking of that, Resident Evil 6 had one of the greatest combat systems in any third-person shooter action game ever made and there was a lot of depth and fun that came with it. It's too bad that they did NOTHING to teach you how to really play it in the campaign, or to justify doing all the neat tricks that you can do, and it's too bad that the campaign altogether is one of the WORST video game campaigns ever carefully, yet still haphazardly thrown together. Too bad it's not even a RE game either.

The Mercs was fucking great but that campaign really was terrible. Because of Mercs I'd say RE6 was kinda underrated in a way.

I'm a different Anon btw
>>
>>322936326
Yep, especially on certain boards...
> /v/ /tv/ /pol/
>>
Pirating videogames is fine
>>
>>322934837
is it hated around here.
>>
I actually want the FF7 remake to fail just to spite the "muh graffix" shitters.
>>
>>322934478
StarFox assault was better than the original
>>
File: 8xSBDJn.jpg (173 KB, 960x779) Image search: [Google]
8xSBDJn.jpg
173 KB, 960x779
>>322948214
Mah nigga. I don't get why /v/ gets so pissed about it. Sharing is good from a moral standpoint.

It's not like the devs lose any money from us not buying.
>>
PC gaming is better for console games than playing games on the original console.

The concept of pokemon is cool; the characters and mons are likable, but the mainline pokemon games suck. Many of the spinoffs were great though, such as pokemon snap, pokemon TCG on the gameboy, etc.

Dark Souls is a great game, and I'm happy that people use various defense mechanisms and excuses to distance themselves from the game, I.E. "bad community!", "artificial difficulty!", etc.

Sony and its fanbase are the main enemy to gaming.
>>
>>322948316
I want it to fail to spite the censorship shitters. Glad this is a PS4 exclusive so its reach will be somewhat limited.
>>
>>322945942
>people aren't picky enough

This is true, but it doesn't change my point.

/v/ is autisticaly picky
The general population isn't picky enough
>>
>>322947180

>I don't want open world nor corridors. I want large, complicated maps with a lot of secrets.

Is this really a controversial opinion?
>>
>>322945408

/v/ only pretends to be picky, they're no more discriminating in games purchases than anyone else.
>>
>>322949592
>Glad this is a PS4 exclusive so its reach will be somewhat limited.
But it isn't.
it's a timed exclusive.
>>
Most AAA games are at least decent.

If a game is playable and has game mechanics that work properly it can't be absolute shit
>>
>>322950212
Didn't know that, still I think I will continue playing the Steam version of the original and I think many will feel the same way.
>>
Graphical quality reached an acceptable point many years ago and anyone who complains about graphics in modern video games is a cancer killing the industry.
>>
>>322948316
Your wish has been granted!

>episodic
>>
File: CFpbb9xVIAMHxjg.jpg (22 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
CFpbb9xVIAMHxjg.jpg
22 KB, 540x540
I'm starting to get used to microtransactions.
>>
>>322938726
pls go jump off the nearest building.
>>
>>322952697
Such as?
>>
>>322934478
3D Zelda games aren't good
>>
>>322943357
>>322943764
that's fine. it still didn't deserve a "best game ever made" title, right? you can agree with this?
>>
Open World games will never be done well and i can't wait 'till the current open world trend fucks right off
>>
>>322934478

>old Sega's death was the worst thing to ever happen to videogames
>>
>>322953542
I'm assuming your talking about the gamefaqs contest and the multiple e celebs saying it's their favorite in which case that doesn't mean shit
>>
>even though Platinum uses the same formula for every game and slightly change it they are my favorite studio because every one of their games is at least good
>DLC containing new characters is actually a good idea for fighting games
>going for trophies/achievements in games is absolutely mundane and I am actually ashamed to have wasted my time on 5 plats
>>
I think minecraft is fun
I think it can be even better than most AAA titles out these days with mods
>exploring the entire map of LOTR
>building your own army of orcs/hobbits/whatever
>creating mechanical shit with Redstone
>tame mythical beasts and shit
>going out to learn how to do magic shit
>building a base to your own specifications to defend against hordes of enemies
>all this with just a few mods
>>
Mass Effect 1 is the worst game in the series.

The Wonderful 101 might be the most overrated game of the current gen
>>
>>322954548
well that rigged contest and the deliberate artificial push to make it "the best game ever" is MOSTLY why it's hated.

if you just judge it on its own merits, then you are correct when you say some people like it and others don't.
>>
>>322934478
Bioshock 2 is the best bioshock game
>>
There is good and bad DLC

good DLC are the ones that are essentially mini-expansion packs.

The bad DLC is everything else
>>
>>322934478
The Witcher 3 is the best RPG in the history of gaming, its gameplay outclassing any other by miles even if its called mediocre. Morrowing, Gothic, JRPG's, now that's shit gameplay. Storywise it's also a billions times better since it doesn't draw from "gaming" writers.

MGSV's Huey is one of the most realistic and incredible characters in the history of gaming (humans are cowards and liars). PW is GOOD. The Boss is not just a man, it's the best female character in gaming and better than many other characters in other mediums. IT DOES give Kojima carte blanche to do whatever the fuck he wants with females and skimpy outfits and no one has any right to complain until he is outclassed.

The Prequels introduce better and more interesting concepts therefore are better than the OT. Since both are equally shit in the "Movie" department.

>>
>>322955903
The thing is I think devs have completely forgotten how to make good dlc
>>
>>322956145
Before Sm4sh started shitting everything up the non-amiibo DLC from Nintendo was pretty good
>>
>>322956145
There are a few out there.
>>
>>322956284

smash's DLC is great, though overpriced.
>>
I'm taking "unpopular opinions" to mean unpopular on /v/.

>P4 is superior to P3 except atmosphere and music, both of which P4 is still good at

>Mass Effect 1 is a half finished mess, and for all the things ME2 did worse, it did ten other things leagues better

>Tales of Graces is the best 3D Tales

>999 is better than VLR as a package, but I still prefer VLR due to replayability

>Gears of War is a fun TPS
>>
Dark Souls is a shitty series that cashes in on the "Hard Game" crowd. It's not hard because the game itself requires skill, it's hard because they refuse to explain anything beforehand, you it turns into some type of tedious puzzle game.

It's bad design, and I'll never understand why it's popular.
>>
>>322955964
So Kojima can make skimpy outfits til the end of time.
>>
>>322934478
I really like my favorite game franchise,Monster Hunter, and can accept its flaws
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.