[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a nice civilized discussion about the best COD.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: images (2).jpg (4 KB, 193x90) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
4 KB, 193x90
Let's have a nice civilized discussion about the best COD.

Pic related my nomination. The first game where they took out stopping power so you could finally use other perks in slot 2
>>
>gun game
>wager matches in general
>dolphin diving
>ballistic knife
>theater mode
>cod point currency

Despite the maps being pretty weak, it was a really good cod
>>
File: world at war.png (377 KB, 336x420) Image search: [Google]
world at war.png
377 KB, 336x420
>great map design
>tanks which were fairly well balanced (just switch out of your shitty camping sniper class and kill it)
>all the zombies maps apart from verruckt are classics especially shi no numa
>gibbing
>immersive campaign considering that is has to be somewhat historically accurate
>gunplay worked well apart from mp40 spam
>killstreaks are not op
>>
>>322922908

WaW is one of my fave shooters ever.

> you will never set up a camping spot with a heavy machine gun and blow enemies away.

The fact you could use the tripod on guns blew me away.
>>
>>322922908
Submachine guns were god tier and everything else was simply a novelty to use.
>>
>>322921584
and the netcode
>>
>>322921412
I love this game so much, have at least 500 hours and I'm on PC. I think I might go play some singleplayer now.

IMO: COD4 = Black Ops > WAW > CoD2 > Black Ops 2 > MW2
>>
>>322921584
>>322925373
>netcode
Was awful*

>>322925449
Cod4 is way better than Blop1, and WaW might be over it as well.
>>
>>322925157
Gewehr 43 with telescopic sight was great, that trigger spam. Bolt actions were fun to use on hardcore since it was a 1 shot kill.
>>
File: why.jpg (30 KB, 288x471) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
30 KB, 288x471
>>322921412
>C4's can't be detonated in the air in BO3
>>
>>322925531
The only reason I see CoD4 to win out, is because of promod
>>
>>322925694
Blops1 completely fucked sniping, making it randomized all the way through even scoping in (and a little after).

The maps were 10% of the design of CoD 4 maps.

And the sniping had some tremendous amount of unnecessary latency.. something like 100ms+ on top of ping, which is even worse if the match is on consoles (without dedicated servers).

A lot of potential, but this is a lot of the baseline gameplay and thus a lot of reduction to its actual play.
>>
>>322925653

Took them long enough to fix that shit
>>
File: what 3A is capable of.jpg (821 KB, 1727x901) Image search: [Google]
what 3A is capable of.jpg
821 KB, 1727x901
>>322928091
>And the sniping had some tremendous amount of unnecessary latency
Game*

Here's an example of Blops II, but I don't have the charts for the original.
>>
>>322925694
>Reinstall cod4 last week
>only promod servers left are Mexican and Sri Lankan

R.i.P
>>
What game had the best campaign? For me it's
CoD 4 > BO > CoD 2 > WaW > MW 2 > BO 2 > CoD > MW 3 > Ghosts

Haven't completed CoD 3, UO and BO 3
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.