[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people still think that this isn't a scam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: destiny.jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
77 KB, 400x465
why do people still think that this isn't a scam
>>
>>322916136
Normies enjoy it.
>>
>>322916136
It's just a shitty game.

If you had to pay a monthly subscription because 'muh mmo' then it would be a scam.
>>
>>322916136
What makes it a scam?
>>
>>322916623
I don't like it
>>
>30 bucks for a level 25 boost
>half the price of a fucking fully priced game to take you to level 25
That's not even the max level, and the gear you get becomes fucking obsolete the moment you hit level 26 and pick up a green set.
The fucking business decisions for this game are absolutely retarded and I'm honestly surprised people are letting bungie fuck them in the ass like this.
Make sure you purchase their next expansion for 65 dollars that adds absolutely nothing to the game.
>>
>>322916136
>why do people still think that this isn't a scam
Because it's a beta.
>>
>>322916136
Its pretty addicting for being such a shitty game
>>
>>322916136
How is it a scam? It looks fun.
Like Halo MMO edition.
>>
>>322916983
Console players are inexperienced in the ways of MMO. This shit is all novel and new to them. They don't know any better, and won't until the console market becomes as saturated with MMO bullshit as PC is.
>>
>>322917446
Well they released a half finished game and then released $100 worth of DLC to actually make the game kinda make sense and for features that should have been in the game to begin with.
>>
the better question is why do people still think it is a scam

taken king added a metric fuck ton of quests and content, i upgraded to taken king nearly a month ago and I'm still not done all the quests on a single character. And I play for many hours a day.

destiny being a ripoff is just a bad meme at this point
>>
>>322917817
if they released the taken king as a $60 game to begin with then maybe, but for most people it ended up costing $140 for what was $40-60 worth of content
>>
>>322917307
Is it at least fun? I have a couple friends who said they are willing to chip in for a copy so I can play with them, I'm thinking of taking them up on that offer.
>>
File: 1447365583966.gif (59 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1447365583966.gif
59 KB, 500x417
>>322916136
>people still think that this isn't a scam
But we do. It's just too damn addicting to stop.
>>
>>322916623
>release game
>game is so fucking bare bones in terms of content
>Activision sets up a review embargo so no one can call out their shit within the first week of release

Worst of all you had those faggots who said shit like "Oh it gets better once you hit level 20"
Holy fuck these people, once you hit 20 the most boring grind for gear begins because drop rates get fucked because of bungie and their inability to let people have fun.
Worst of all is if you didn't have some friends to do the raids to get gear because they have no matchmaking system for raiding.
Also all the dlc in the game was already there and they cut it out.
You can check some videos on YouTube of people clipping through the map and finding areas from dlc.
>>
>>322918121
Its fun especially if you have friends that play, if not it wont really be and you have to do a lot of grinding
>>
>>322918536
I'd be playing with at least 2 other people
>>
File: 1447776401913.jpg (316 KB, 683x738) Image search: [Google]
1447776401913.jpg
316 KB, 683x738
>>322918328
also, deep down at its core mechanics, it really is a solid, fun FPS game.
>>
>>322918683
yeah most of the parts of the game is designed for 1-3 players except the raids (6)
>>
>>322918121
Destiny is more of a backround social game. A game you play whilst you talk to friends.
You kinda mindlessly do shit, the story in the actual game is so fucking dry it's pathetic. Most of the story is actually locked behind the grimoire which is shit you have to read on their website instead of actually being in the game.
Did you guys know oryx was basically made up of three little hive girls?
>>
>>322917649
I just started playing with the $60 taken king bundle. Been a blast so far but yeah peeps who got it on release fucked up.
>>
>only one map for each planet
>right when you get to your location, anyone who is with you is separated from your game

What's the point? This isn't an MMO at all.
>>
>>322918934
Yeah, pretty much this the background story on the grimoire is actually kinda interesting to bad its not in the game
>>
>>322919191
>you can have a fire team of 6 people
>you can't patrol with 6 people
>can't do strikes with 6 people
>can only do raids and pvp

3 player Co op is the worst shit ever.
Should've been 4 or more.
>>
>haven't played in 3 months
>still top 1%
Looks like everyone quit when I did.

It was fun, Made it to top 1000 global players and top 250 US. Had about 600 hours of play time. but it got pretty stale when they started doing time released content in the last expansion.
>>
>>322917649
I can get it for $40 or less today, no sub fee, no DLC and a level 25 boost included.

The game looked fun to me since launch, but not fun enough to invest in a new console. Where is the scam?
>>
>>322919759
Yea, now you can.
Destiny at this point in time has enough content to warrant 40-60 bucks.
But when it released for 65 before expansions where a thing and bundled together this shit had little to no content at all.

Also if you get the 40 version, you're mainly paying for the taken king in that regard, all the year one shit is pointless to attempt because you'll get a pice of common gear that will be better than your year one raid gear making crotas end and house of wolves and vanilla destiny pointless.
>>
>>322919759
I think the stacking fees (base game, DLC 1 2 and 3, PS+/XBL sub, microtransactions, console at launch) since it came out are the biggest complaint. If you're prepared for all that, financially, it's a solid experience, and fun if you have friends to do it, but I feel fucking terrible for the early adopters.
>>
>>322920312
>gear before max level is pointless
Welcome to MMOs. At this point, you're only concerned with endgame. Personally, I'd be interested in trying out the 1-25 content (assuming it's actually fun).

>>322920312
>>322920751
I don't feel bad for them at all. Destiny is a AAA MMO without a sub fee. If you're playing this game for hundreds of hours, access to content ASAP is clearly worth your investment.

PS+ is the only thing I'd argue about, and even that comes out to less than $5/mo.
>>
>>322920751

>Pirated game on PS3
>Can pirate DLC, just have to find a link
It's not hard to play Destiny if you're a poorfag
>>
>>322916136
When will it be out of beta?
>>
>>322918934
No, he's actually one little girl and then his sisters fucked off and we'll probably fight them in a later DLC

But that's beside the point, Destiny is shit.
>>
>>322918349
>I don't like mmos

Stop buying mmos then.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.