[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people insist that FO4 removed its rpg elements? you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: father.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
father.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
why do people insist that FO4 removed its rpg elements? you can customize and play the same type of character as you did in 4 but now with perks

While there is a lot wrong with FO4 this is the dumbest complaint
>>
I don't think it "removed" the RPG elements but I can't help but feel that they've been toned down while the gameplay has been beefed up. Feels more like a shooter-with-perks than an RPG to me.
>>
>>322914650
This has been adressed a LOT of times here already, im pretty sure youre just trying to stir a shitstorm
>>
I dont RP assholes but I really wanted to after realizing most story related dialogue is DO THIS, DO THIS RELUCTANTLY, DO THIS LATER, DO THIS ANGRILY.
>>
>>322914650
Because they had. Speech options are now only charm based.

Where's the speech options that can stem from having various different skills? Even then they extend to accepting reluctantly, willingly, or having the quest given to you in case you consider it.

the faction interactions are nearly non existent since you can play for all of them right up til the end practically. Whereas in New Vegas it was a balancing act since you had faction reputation levels.

This game's biggest problem is effort in all the wrong places.
>>
>>322914650
Fallout 3/NV speach:
>Hi anon, I'm trying to flood this canal to kill all the ghouls inside, will you help me?
In doing so will you also kill non-ferals?
>It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make
[BARTER] If I help you will you give me your unique gun?
>Yes
*you flood the canal and finish the quest*
OR
[SCIENCE] Flooding it won't kill the ferals, but make them stronger because the water is radiated.
>You are right. I suppose we can kill them with weapons
*you kill the ferals and complete the quest*

Fallout 4 dialogue:
>Hi anon, I'm trying to flood the canal to kill the ferals
[SARCASTIC] you got a pest problem *The Big Bang Theory audience laughs*
>Nice joke ayy lmao 10/10-IGN
>Now flood the canal
OR
[GOOD GUY ANSWER] Yes sure I'll be your slave
>Thank you so much
>Now flood the canal
OR
[BAD GUY ANSWER WITH CHARISMA]
YES BUT GIVE ME MONEY FAGGOT
>OK I HATE YOU
>Now flood the canal
OR
Why do you want to kill the ghouls?
>I don't like them
>Now flood the canal
>>
>>322917312
That's the whole thread right there
>>
File: 1435339628542.jpg (53 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
1435339628542.jpg
53 KB, 351x364
>>322915516
Agreed. I was so hyped and i was so let down.
>>
>>322914650
Fallout 4 is not an RPG
>>
>>322917312
>I have an untied show. Can you tie it?
>Yes, but give me money
>Piper disliked that
>Valentine disliked that
>Cait disliked that
>Danse disliked that
>Codsworth disliked that
>Curie disliked that
>Strong hates you and punches you
>Deacon doesn't give a fuck unless you mention synth liberation and banter about your sneak skills
>the synth from the institute doesn't care unless you shoved father's picture into your anal orifice
>>
>>322914650
Lazy writing of dialogue choices and dumbing down of games with the RPG label is why most people hated FO4. It was shallow, and most people don't play RPG's for a shallow experince, hence the whole "role playing" part of the game.
>>
>>322914650
>character creation/experience system is all that constitutes an rpg for kids nowadays
It's sad really
>>
>Say no, mean yes: The game
>>
>>322914650
But you can't.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDFuzIQ4q4
>>
>>322917312
/thread
>>
File: Fallout 4 - Illusion of Choice.jpg (2 MB, 1553x7203) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 - Illusion of Choice.jpg
2 MB, 1553x7203
>>322914650
>>322919226
>>
>>322917571
I wasn't hyped, my heart sank on announcement and I kind of predicted how it would be.

I hope to fuck they let Obsidian have another go.
>>
File: fallout 4.jpg (228 KB, 1302x1022) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.jpg
228 KB, 1302x1022
>>
>>322920624
I was actually kind of excited when I stumbled into the Covenant quest thinking it was going to be something interesting, but then it just ends as another run-through of another dungeon area at the end, and breaks pretty easily if you don't do things in the right order
>>
>>322920624
Shit like this just upsets me. It's an objective way to show how lazy Bethesda are. However it'd be better if there was a comparison of more quests to look less cherry picking.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.