[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've never played FF7 before. Only 13 and 14 I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 648x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 648x340
So I've never played FF7 before. Only 13 and 14

I'm considering buying it on ps4, but tell me, what's the big appeal to this game? What makes it as good as people make it out to be

Should I get it?
>>
It's fun.
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>322903656
Just get it and play it. It's cheap and you'll finally be able to say you've actually played a real final fantasy game.
>>
>>322903656
Yes

Despite what people say, cloud isn't an edge lord. The game is really fun and is extremely well put together. Its a great game and totally worth your money and time

Other suggestions for good FF games are 4, 6, 9 and 10
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>322904164
>4, 6, 9 and 10

8 and 12 are worth a go if you like the other games. They're a bit love/hate and tend to split people, but it's worth trying them.
>>
>>322904164
You're taste in FF games is superb anon.
>>
>>322903656
Back in the day, it was amazing for its visual style and revolutionary battle system. Specifically, the use of pre-rendered images to create "fake" but highly detailed worlds. But the PS4 version will have nothing noteworthy about it, and will be a fairly mundane experience.
>>
>>322903656
>what makes it as good as people make it out to be

the game is objectively shit, but it was a defining game of our childhood for so many people that it is loved and considered great.

tl:dr play it if you don't mind a game that has aged badly and is overhyped
>>
File: reactor bg animated.gif (782 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
reactor bg animated.gif
782 KB, 512x512
>>322903656
Yes, you should get it. Not necessarily for PS4 though.

It was revolutionary title back in 1997 for many reasons: First FF not released on Nintendo system, first 3D FF game, first non-medieval fantasy-style world in FF game, 3 fucking CDs, etc.

The game's great yet simple enough for rookies to get into. The world's atmospheric and very detailed, and there's this magical charm in everything.

4,6,7 and 9 are usually the most loved titles in series.
>>
>>322903656
Aside the very QUALITY poly models, the game's superb. You should really play it and make your own opinion instead of listening to people who chances are never even played the game and their entire opinion is based on /v/ idiots or Advent Children.
>>
>>322903656
It's fun.
>>
>>322904164
>cloud isn't an edge lord
Just started playing for the first time. He kind of is, early on. He's all "I don't care about Avalanche or Shinra or the planet! Just gimme my money for killin' people. Nothin' personnel."
>>
>>322904831
Not interested

...heh
>>
>>322904831
I always thought it was meant to come across that he was TRYING to act that way, but he wasn't really like that. A nice guy trying to hide the fact he was a nice guy.
>>
>>322905232
I suppose it would all be in the delivery.

Nevertheless, the characterization was a smart move. Most of my friends that played the game when it came out were 12-13 at the time. That kind of cynical character had a lot of appeal.
>>
>>322903656
it's baby first rpg to million of people
it's a good game but there are many JRPG with better gameplay

>>322904564
>revolutionary battle system
it wasn't even good at that time let alone being revolutionary
The CG cutscenes was the only revolutionary thing about this game and why it is popular along with how they advertise it
it's like uncharted and the last of us now except it was actually a good game
>>
>>322903656
Just get it and form your own opinion, emulate if you don't want to pay for something you might not enjoy.
>>
>>322904564
Anon...
FF7 just rehashed the same (shitty) battle system from FF4, 5, and 6.
And a lot of games used pre-rendered graphics before FF7.
>>
File: reactor.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
reactor.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
But that's exactly what it is, it IS just a reactor. What the fuck is he talking about here?
>>
>>322906110
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>322906110
Flashback to dialogue from the Nibelheim reactor
>>
>>322906046
Nigger, FF7 did it DIFFERENTLY. Just like how other games used swords and shields before Dark Souls, or how games had portals before Portal. Doesn't mean it didn't set new standards for the art.
>>
>>322904831
>He kind of is, early on
Maybe for the first 2 hours, probably even less, but by the time he's even at Wall Market dressing up as a delicious trap, he has already really lightened up
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.