[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont want the Wii U ride to end. The Wii U has been my most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 11
File: smash_splat_wii_u_bundle.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smash_splat_wii_u_bundle.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
I dont want the Wii U ride to end. The Wii U has been my most enjoyed console second to maybe the n64.

I thought the Wii U would live until 2017-18.

Nintendo has said fuck you to 11 million people.
>>
You get zelda u then its rip wii u
>>
>>322900349
>second to maybe the n64
dito

Well, I got into it knowing the end was near and as such picked it up at a reasonable price considering that, so I don't have any grudges.
>>
>>322900972
I bought mine March of 2014. I went in thinking it had at least three years of support now. Support ended with xenoblade outside of zelda tphd and zelda u which the definitive version will be on the nx

>in before someone posts all the shovel ware listed for 2016

No pikachu tekken and mario sonic mess doesnt count
>>
Who's to say it won't? I bought that bundle on black friday on the assumption that the soonest the NX would release is 2017. For me personally, being a late adopter means that I have a huge cache of good games to reach back to (Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta) as well as a handful of games in the future (Zelda U, Starfox)

All together, that's 8 to buy and play games over the course of a year, while I still have a Vita, PC, and 3DS to also buy and play games on. That's more than enough.
>>
>>322900349
It's a piece of shit, and I'm glad they're abandoning it asap
>>
>>322900349

There'll be some more games. Pikmin 4 comes to mind.
>>
>>322900349
I just bought my Wii U a couple of days ago. Who cares if there'll be a new console soon? I still have more than enough games to keep me occupied with and surely there'll be some more releases?
>>
I wonder if they'll make Zelda U an NX launch title like they did with TP.

Also Nintendo are retarded, this much at least should be obvious by now. They don't have a fucking clue what they're doing or what their customers want.
>>
>>322902761
Because its not as fun. All the hype will turn to the nx. I enjoy reading about the wii u. I enjoy posting about it. I enjoy buying the game and playing it.

Soon it will be, well, better invest in the nx now since it will have all the amazing first party games.

While the wii u will be metroid pinball. Or whatever bullshit spin off shovelware they push out next.
>>
>>322900349
You are getting so fucking lazy. Now you're not even going to post a link, you're just going to pretend it's common knowledge?
>>
Nintendo sold over 146k wii u in japan alone. More than ps4 and microsoft combined.

And nintendo is ready to pull the plug. Fucking stupid. Nintendo needs to release the nx november 2017, but it will happen this year.

They think they can still catch the ps4. They want to compete with the xbox one and ps4.
>>
>>322903184
Hi OP.
>>
>>322903153
>>322903153
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/06/rumour-nintendo-nx-reveal-in-1st-or-2nd-quarterlaunch-november-2016/
>>
>>322903258
I didn't know it was illegal to post in a thread i've made. Good work though,detective.
>>
>>322903297
There you go. Now people can process to laugh at you because
>rumor
>>
File: buttpirates.jpg (292 KB, 1800x600) Image search: [Google]
buttpirates.jpg
292 KB, 1800x600
>>322900349
It will live to 2017 at least, what are you on about? Assuming the NX is released in 2017, what games will be playable in 2017? Realistically you won't get any good first party titles until 2018-19, taking into account the development time.
>>
>>322903407
You're doing a really poor job of this, I hope they aren't paying you above minimum wage for this shit.
>>
>>322900349
nice falseflagging
>>
>>322900349
>The Wii U has been my most enjoyed console second to maybe the n64.

That's fucking embarrassing, the GC and Wii had more enjoyable games than that bootleg tablet
>>
>>322903432
There was another "rumor" posted today that NX would be launching in 2016. And by rumor, I mean literally just one financial analyst saying "I think the NX will come out in 2016" with zero evidence.
>>
>second to N64

Not surprising people who thought the N64 was anything special would think the Wii U was great
>>
>>322903432
Exactly. They are developing for the nx. The resouces are going there.

2016 for the wii u is this.

>Star Fox
10 hour game thats basically a star fox 64 remake
>Pokken Tournament
A tekken game with pokemon skin
>Pikmin 4
Another ten hour game that probably has another bullshit timer
>Zelda U
maybe. And the better version will be on the nx. In before just like tp right? Different situation
>shovelware out the ass

Thats it
>>
>>322900349
I do not understand why Nintendo want to jump out of the boat with the Wii U.
Okay, the console doesn't sell well, but now is profitable at least.

They are going to kill the support of this console this or the next year and they are going for the NX when they failed to bring a lot of games to their previous console.

What are the chances they are going to make the same with the NX?
>>
>>322903618
The best thing is WiiU can play them all.
>>
>>322903935
So does PC your point?

Also
>admitting the WiiU library is so weak that it needs help from its older brothers
>>
>>322903904
Stop samefagging, no one is fooled.
>>
>>322903904
>Okay, the console doesn't sell well

If they weren't so desperate to sell Smash in only limited bundles, they would have moved tons of units.

The MK8 bundles are always sitting around my local stores, but any time a Smash bundle showed up, the entire stock would be gone in a day.
>>
>>322904079
Convenient point of view for a shill whose console isn't backwards compatible.
>>
>>322900349

The club nintendo replacement is going to tie in to NX

>Own WiiU
>Own New 3DS
>Get 15% off price NX
>>
>>322901659
>zelda u which the definitive version will be on the nx
Lol.
>>
>>322904226
>shill

what
>>
>>322904079
Pc plays nintendo games very poorly. Pc does most things very poorly.

>whatever wii u emulation is almost perfected

Yeah, you will have bayonetta 2 with sound drops crashes and 23fps in only about two more years. Good job
>>
>>322901659
you're making so many assumptions and treating them as fact lol kill yourself
>>
>>322903904
>I do not understand why Nintendo want to jump out of the boat with the Wii U.
The hardware was already outdated, they failed to follow the strategy they thought to follow with WiiU.
They'll probably try to reanimate themselves in eyes of customers, but I personally have no hopes with Nintendo.
>>
>>322904485
You know damn well what.
>>
>>322903662
>"I think the NX will come out in 2016" with zero evidence.
Is evidence really required for something so obvious? Literally everyone realized Nintendo was gearing up for a holiday 2016 release since early last year when they first announced the NX

The only reason we haven't heard more about it is because hyping new products too early really only kills your existing product line. An unveiling in 2015 would have seen 3DS and Wii U sales fall through the floor, whereas by pretending the NX doesn't exist they were able to actually sells some of them last holiday.
>>
>>322904618
Stop samefagging.
>>
>>322903184
>in Japan

Who cares. It is getting slaughtered by the PS4 and even Xbone everywhere else. The PS4 came out a year after, and is at 35 million sold. Meanwhile the Wiiu just cracked 10 million after 3 years! The thing was a failure in the eyes of Nintendo, and it's time to move on.
>>
>>322900349
no games ;/
>>
>>322904627
no i don't, you think im shilling for ps4 or xbone because i talked ill about the wiiu?
>>
>>322904396
Why wouldnt it?
The only reason to was better on the gamecube was the controller. Graphically the wii was barely more powerful than the gamecube and that game didnt show it at all.

If the nx is the same hardware strength wise as the wii u it will probably sell at 8 million life time and no one will like it
>>
>Nintendo makes a good console with more good exclusives than the competition by quite a bit
>everyone refuses to get one because they're butthurt about a couple aspects of the previous console
Fuck you all 2bh
>>
>>322904862
Prove that its on NX anon.
>>
>>322903794
This.

The N64 was pretty shit, and probably Nintendo's worst console.
>>
>>322900349
If it comes out in 2017 it'll have the standard Nintendo life cycle. You've got another couple of years left.

>ps4 and xbone are aiming for eight year life cycles
>by the time the ps5 comes out you'll be able to run ps4 games on a microwave
M-muh blu-ray player.
>>
>>322904862
>that game didnt show it at all

>progressive scan
>widescreen
>non cluttered AI
>Decent controls
>DIDNY SHOW IT AT ALL
>>
>>322904714
Considering every other Nintendo system has come out 5-6 years after the one before it, and considering every other Nintendo system has launched in November of the year following the official reveal, then yes, you really need some kind of evidence for someone to believe your wild speculation that contradicts the company's entire history.
>>
>>322904819
Yes you do.
>>
>>322904772
Where? I made like only two posts in this thread not counting this respond.
>>
>Really like the tablet and think it offers a lot of unique ways to game
>Huge potential for improving usability and UI functionality with the pad, mission and inventory management in RPGs would be a breeze

>Nobody bought the WiiU so we'll never get shit like it again
Fuck.
>>
>>322900349
The NX will be backwards compatible
Then about 6 months to a year after the release of the NX
Wii U's will be dirt cheap
It will have Zelda on it
Have a bunch of bundles
And can die a slower death

Calling it now

Shit for the Wii U will still be happening while the NX is around.

I mean shit, the last PS2 game ever made was released 2 years or so ago
>>
>>322905257
lol
>>
>>322902058
Yeah for you but some people here have been playing those 8 games since release and its been a fucking while
>>
File: 1451674548932.png (112 KB, 564x326) Image search: [Google]
1451674548932.png
112 KB, 564x326
>>322900349
I feel the same way. Well, if they really release the NX next year, they won't see a dime from me. I'll still keep my Wii U and buy either a Bone or a PS4.
Really, fuck you Nintendo.
>>
>>322905275
This. I might be one of the five guys on the planet who loves double screens.
>>
>>322903880
Wierd considering the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess ended up being better
>>
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
I cant wait for the NX to launch so I can see the shitposting circle to start over again
>>
>>322905275
>only one gamepad can be connected to the Wii U at a time

Could have made for some interesting local multiplayer games.
>>
>>322905496
The NX will most likely be compatible with the gamepad, if not have a screen in the controller itself.
>>
>>322905660
is idealism shitposting?
>>
>>322900956

Theres rumors thats going to be an NX launch title. Although maybe they'll pull a TP and release it on both.
>>
>>322905723
People would have just complained about having to buy another $100 controller just to play one or two games.
>>
>PC main user

>DK freeze easily my game of the year, masterful platformer with amazing music, style and a good difficulty, great for speed runs
>Super mario world is a great 3d platformer with easily music of the year
>Lots of exclusives like bayo 2, mario kart, smash, wonderful101

>get ps4
>get bloodborne, game runs at 720p @ 20fps
>dust and door holder

Seriously, wii u is the best pet console for pc users.
>>
>>322905803
That's not rumors, that's baseless fear mongering
>>
>>322905803
And by "rumors" you mean "shitposting". Nintendo has explicitly stated Zelda U is still a Wii U title, and there is no rational reason to believe otherwise.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 720x960
>>322905754
90% of /v/ is shitposting
>>
>>322905496
I'd say it's one of the comfiest consoles I played. Off-TV play is nice.
>>
>>322905921
Oh, definitely. Still wasted potential.
>>
>>322904618
That what I fear.
Nintendo always have a cycle of like 5 years for their consoles. But when you release one with a very few games and they you release a new one before even the normal cycle, is something that you need to be aware if they are going to fail with the NX or not.
>>
>>322902761

This. I got my Wii u 2 weeks ago and the only things I've played are xenoblade mostly and some smash during the holidays. Probably going to pick up Bayonetta tomorrow even though I'm nowhere near done with Xenoblade yet.

How is online on MK8? Was thinking of getting that. Last mario kart that was really fun for me was 64 because me and my friends used to play that shit all the time.
>>
>>322906192
Eh. With the power of the console, having 2+ gamepad screens active on top of the main display would mean the visuals would have to be extremely dialed back or the experience would be relegated to inventory management of some such.
>>
>>322900349
I don't want them to get rid of the gamepad. It's the most useful piece of tech I've aded to my living room. Browsing internet and using the gamepad as a remote control is fucking fantastic. Not to mention off TV play, which is also amazing.
>>
For whatever reason, an enormous chunk of the games industry (consumer AND developers) are by default poised to dislike and dismiss Nintendo. I don't really know what can be done about this because it happens every console. The Wii was somewhat an exception but not really, it took developers a while to truly support it and even then a lot of the support was half-assed, it mainly got its sales from non-gamers while gamers continued to dismiss it. At least in the case of the Gamecube it was legitimately outclassed by the PS2, but this time there's no good explanation and I see no winning strategy for the future.
>>
>>322906308
MK8 is one of the best in the series IMO, the track design, controls, and music are stellar. That being said I rarely play it these days because it's still just Mario Kart and I have other games to play, but I got a good 70 hours out of it.
>>
>>322906308
>Last mario kart that was really fun for me was 64 because me and my friends used to play that shit all the time.
MK8 is allright, I don't know if you are going to like this one since the battle mode is SHIT when you compare it with the 64 version
>>
>>322906592
Because policies

Nintendo has a bunch of fucked up and outdated policies
>>
File: theAIisacheatingbastard.webm (616 KB, 640x827) Image search: [Google]
theAIisacheatingbastard.webm
616 KB, 640x827
>Dude what if like we made a big DS lmao
>Dude what if we like call it like Wii 2 but not wii 2 more like wii u lmao
>Dude what if we like don't advertise at all and hope people guess we've released a new console lmao
Good old Nintendo.
>>
Nintendo gave you a full five years, unlike Sega. Say what you will about them but Nintendo at least tried to take care of their consumers.

Honestly though if you didn't see the writing on the wall by 2013 you are blind. People who got a system by that time knew exactly what they were getting in to.
>>
>>322906592
>I see no winning strategy for the future

They've been repeating one of the mistakes that Sega made too. They didn't do a good job at promoting the system, when they should have pushed it hard to make use of their head start. Now it is too late.
>>
>>322905496
>I might be one of the five guys on the planet who loves double screens
This is because by now, most have realized that double screens are an illusion of efficiency. You still end up needing to shift your focus from one screen to the other, or even worse, take your hand off of the actual controls to slide your finger around the touch screen. This ends up being just as much of a hassle, or more, than simply pressing a button to open a menu. And things like maps or radars are just better off as HUDs or overlays, unless it's on a DS where the screens are at least adjacent to each other, since that's where all the function actually comes from.

I realized this when I went from playing Pokemon games on the DS back to playing GBA ones. I found the gameplay and menu management went just as smooth or smoother when everything was confined to a single screen. The only games that truly benefited from dual screens were the Castlevania games with their maps. To date, Henry Hatsworth is the only game I can think of that truly utilized the dual screen concept to such a degree that it just wouldn't work on a single screen. And maybe the Mighty Switch Force games.

>>322905723
This is one of the few really great uses that could have come from it, even though it would have enabled bitching about needing multiple controllers, which is probably why Nintendo never enabled it. It would have been restricting the game to people who had friends t
>>
>>322906993
Such as?
>>
>>322907012
>Nintendo gave you a full five years
November 2012-December 2015+ two more zeldas doesnt equal 5 years

Three years plus two games
>>
>>322906475
The off-TV is indeed quite amazing. Playing Super Mario Maker on the Gamepad, while someone else is watching TV sure is great.

>>322906308
I do really enjoy playing that game. What is even more great is how the DLC is. Of course totally your choice if you would like to buy them.
>>
>>322907012
Nigga the dreamcast still had games being released on it until like.. last year actually
>>
>>322907165
Restricting game devs games to one system for example

I still don't know how some games manage to end up on other system
>>
>>322907180

>Only Zelda games count as games.
>>
>>322903618
Wii was by far the weakest system in the Nintendo line up. Galaxy was good, NMH had charm, MP3 was decent, but my system basically acted as an emulation box/Smash machine when friends came over 99% of the time.
>>
My favorite Nintendo system since the SNES. I've really enjoyed everything I've played on it.
>>
>>322907442
>>322907442
>Wii was by far the weakest system in the Nintendo line up

That would be the Gamecube. Half ass and rushed games everywhere.
>>
>>322906993
I might believe that's the reason if the people in question weren't so completely closed-minded and dismissive, meanwhile ignoring bad policies that the other console makers enact.
>>
Nintendo will unveil the new console at E3 this year, get reactions to it, make some changes based on the reactions and show it off again next year. Then it will finally be released by the end of the year.
>>
>>322907584

Yet strangely enough a lot of those rushed games turned out to be a nostalgiafag goldmine. People STILL bitch about the lack of a Melee rehash or boring exploration-based Mario.
>>
>>322907759
They will unveil it in march when they always do and the summer ruse cruise will begin. My money is on a handheld or something that could be considered a handheld. The 3DS is fucking old and underselling terribly.
>>
>>322907349
Right,should count mario and sonic in rio. Or pokken shit
>>
>>322907012
>Full five years
What?
Also, a lot of people were expecting Smash or Mario Kart 8 to turn things around.
>>
http://blogs.barrons.com/asiastocks/2016/01/05/nintendo-slips-nx-to-eat-into-3ds-wii-u-nomura-cuts-target/?mod=yahoobarrons&ru=yahoo

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-begins-distributing-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/12/16/business/corporate-business/sharp-supply-free-form-lcds-nintendo#.VJGt_D9ADA

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/12/amd-hints-at-new-processor-architecture-for-game-console-in-2016/

Every NX report points to a 2016 release. The dry Wii U future releases only confirms this news (2015 holiday schedule was made up of forgettable budget games).
>>
>>322907584
The Gamecube had a great library because of Capcom alone.

>RE Remake
>RE 4
>RE Zero
>Killer 7
>Viewtiful Joe 1&2
>>
>>322908047
Multiplats
>>
>>322908027
>Also, a lot of people were expecting Smash or Mario Kart 8 to turn things around.

A lot of those people are dumb for thinking a single game can overturn poor console sales. Unfortunately, that was the plan Iwata was operating on when he ran Nintendo.
>>
>>322907442
Wii has a ton of underrated games but it is true that it has many notable fuck-ups. Finding a way to identify which games will be good and which will be bad became a sort of game in itself.
>>
>>322908162
Say that again and have it even be half true.
>>
>>322905336
>I mean shit, the last PS2 game ever made was released 2 years or so ago

Wasn't that just the yearly FIFA for the BR market? I remember reading about the PS2 still going strong down there but it's been quite a few years since I've seen anything PS2 up here.
>>
>>322908034
Thank you for compiling a list of baseless rumors regarding this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>322908313
PES 2014.
>>
>>322908034
> (2015 holiday schedule was made up of forgettable budget games).
Yeah, because the two big games got delayed to... what was it again? Oh yeah, 2016. Retard.
>>
>>322908162
Youngfag detected. It took ages for other systems to get those games, and even then RE4 on the GC was way better than on PS2 and Killer 7 is a mess on the latter.
>>
>>322908004
> My money is on a handheld or something that could be considered a handheld.
I am surprised they haven't already revealed a new handheld. The new handheld usually comes out a bit before the next console.
>>
>>322907758
Sure the competition is not that great but you can't defend the fact that Nintendo sells year old games as if they were brand new and how the fuck do you allow region locking IN 2016?
>>
>>322908560
But they are still multiplats.
>>
>>322908313
Im just using an extreme example to highlight that a new console being out doesn't make the 'current' one dead.
>>
>>322900349
>Nintendo has said fuck you to 11 million people

Nope!

They actually said...

Get ready for it...

Fuck U
>>
>>322908568
I'll take region lock over charging a subscription fee to access the online mode in all your games any day of the week, but everyone turns a blind eye to that policy.
>>
>>322902991
>Because its not as fun. All the hype will turn to the nx. I enjoy reading about the wii u. I enjoy posting about it. I enjoy buying the game and playing it.
This your first console generation kid? You'll get Wii U games for like a year after NX is out. Then it's time to move on.
>>
I don't get it

People from /3ds/ say that the NX will replace the 3DS

Others say it will replace the Wii U

What will the NX really replace?
>>
>>322908232
A small number of good games can make the difference, but only if they come at release or early in the life cycle.

If it takes a couple of years before good games come out people get used to not having the console, and games have to shock people out of their rut. If you have good exclusives ready at release people get excited for the whole package instead.
>>
>>322908785
You are still stupid then.
You literally take a smelling shit over other smelling shit
>>
>>322908895
Both. NX will come in 2 forms, a handheld and a console, both sharing the same library.
>>
File: Sex Genie.png (154 KB, 1906x432) Image search: [Google]
Sex Genie.png
154 KB, 1906x432
>>322900349
How many times are you going to try this today, Fester?
>>
>>322900349
>second to maybe the N64

To be very honest here, I'm someone who had an N64 as a kid and I enjoyed the everloving shit out of it. I had a ton of games for it, I still have it and the ton of games, I got the crucification marks, I've went through all of it.

And the Wii U cannot even hope to compare because most games are not appealing to me.

I'm not interested in Craptain Toad Treasure Crapper, I'm not interested in a JRPG that not only removes features but also removes the only dub that does not make me want to stab my ears out, I'm not interested in pretty much any game outside of Zelda because Splatoon Global Playtest felt like a letdown so I cancelled my fucking preorder for that and Smash was never the big thing for me.

So now I have a Wii U with exactly three games:

Mario Kart 8
Monster Hunter that I never play because all of the people I know just play the newest 3DS MonHun
Toki Tori that I bought for my mother

There was no Star Fox, no GoldenEye moment for the Wii U - and by that I mean "huge impact games that people talk about because they are really good". Instead we've had "new Star Fox looks like shit" --> "its pushed back" and "Yet another game gets content removed or replaced for the West".
>>
>>322908927
If you're really suggesting that those policies are equally bad then I don't know what to say to you. Microsoft has really succeeded with that marketing I suppose.
>>
>>322908895
The NX was revealed specifically to calm fears that Nintento was leaving to home console market. It's a home console.
>>
>>322908895
Nobody knows.
This is why every thread in internet about the NX is dogshit.
>>
>>322909087
>paying your internet fee twice
>not bad
>>
>>322909035
Time to get Mario Maker and get creative then, holmes.
>>
>>322909169
Technically they said it was to calm fears that Nintendo was leaving the dedicated game machine market, which could mean a handheld or a home console. But I'm personally rooting for this theory >>322908987
>>
>>322908239
It did have a few gems, but holy shit those droughts between them were worse than what I endured on the Cube. Thank god I got another system to pair with Nintendo by that point.
>>
>>322908232
Yeah we were fool to think consumers cared about good games, instead of wanting the latest overhyped AAA trash EA, Activision or Ubishit produced.
>>
>>322905803
Why did Zelda developement run into ground after Twilight Princess? 1998-2006 saw four 3D console Zeldas and three handheld games. 2007-2015 saw one console zelda and four handheld games.
>>
>>322909271
Can you read? I'm saying that's 100x worse than not getting to play a few games due to region lock and saying they're comparably bad is intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>322908987

>Autists already mad about Smash 3DS gimping the Wii U version, or at least dividing dev time/resources.

Jesus fuck now imagine that bitchery for EVERY SINGLE NX GAME.
>>
>>322909421
Game development has slowed considerably as time goes on. This isn't a Zelda-only phenomenon.
>>
>>322908830
>You'll get Wii U games for like a year after NX is out

What games? On a normal system third parties will still release what they were already working on, but this is a Nintendo console we're talking about.
>>
>>322908565
They don't want to hurt the already lackluster sales, but it's been obvious since before the new 3ds. From what little I've heard on the wind, there is already development for both, but any useful info is above paygrade.
>>
>>322908895
>Iwata:
>As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename “NX.” It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year.
It's a dedicated games console, that's all we know for sure.

Ninento has also filed a few patents fairly recently, including one for a variation of touchscreen controller and one for consoles that can share computing power with each other, like a peer to peer cloud computing system.
>>
>>322909548
I think they could find a way to offer the same experience on both handheld and console without gimping anything other than resolution
>>
>>322909548
The thing is it would be set up in such a way that devs wouldn't need to gimp it. Sm4sh is the perfect example. If the NX truly is that way then they would have just developed one game with all the content, playable on both devices.
>>
>>322908927
how retarded can someone on the internet be? region blocking isn't as bad as charging a fee for something that should be provided free of charge by today's standards
>>
>>322900349
>Nintendo has said fuck you to 11 million people
Nintendrones aren't people.
>>
>>322909647
> From what little I've heard on the wind, there is already development for both,
You realize that is always the case right? Prototyping for a new system begins when the previous system is released. They don't conceive of their next system a year before the gen's finished
>>
>>322902880
What even do their customers want?
>>
>>322909714
>>322909674

>8-player smash running on a handheld.

It'll either be impossible or jack up the price to an absurd degree.
>>
The Wii U is the only system that appeals to me this gen. All I really want to do anymore is just play a few rounds of Mario Kart online after work or a few levels of Dong Freeze or SM3W on the weekend and then call it good. Nintendo is still god tier when it comes to pick up and play/causal stuff.

Also, how is Xenoblade? As much as I dislike the idea of an 80+ hour JRPG these days I feel like I need to try it.
>>
>>322909883
I mean money in the pipe third party development. Games are already being made. Probably. I only know concept artists and they aren't always entirely in the know. This shit could be less than a year away, it could be two years off. I'll know for sure when they start getting fired as they are the first to go.
>>
>>322910235
That's a problem for Nintendo to figure out..... Same CPU different GPU maybe so computationally they should handle the same load as long as graphics are scaled appropriately? (it's probably clear I don't design hardware but I think it's not an impossible task is what I'm getting at)
>>
File: 1421527098186.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
1421527098186.gif
2 MB, 449x266
>>322909421
It didn't. Zeldas have always had a long development cycle.

Your early figures are biased by the fact that NES games had incredibly short development times, Majora's Mask was a glorified expansion pack and Awakening was just weird. Yes, the average times were shorter, but that's because of several games having unusually short times.

Gaps:
>AoL to LttP: 4 years
>LA to OoT: 5 years
>OoT to WW: 4 years
>WW to TP: 4 years
>TP to SS: 5 years
>SS to ZU: 5 years
>>
>>322900349
We still have SharpFE, StairFax and ZeldaRim left, so it's fine.
>>
>>322905928
I have a WiiU and had been thinking about SM3DW, but it being basically NSMB in pseudo-3D made me not get it.

Do you have anything to change my opinion?
I'm one of the people direly waiting for a new proper 3D Mario.
>>
>>322911243
3D World is nothing like NSMB
>>
>>322911243

Don't get it. You're a retarded nostalgiafag clinging to games where retreading the same platforming areas fifty times over is considered exploration, so mostly new content in every level would not suit you.
>>
>>322911243
It's not "NSMB in 3D" (calling it that IMO is a flagrant disregard for the actual reasons NSMB is considered bad) but it doesn't reach the heights of other 3D Marios. But IMO still very worth the play if you're into platforming.
>>
>you'll never go back to the happy and carefree Nintendo threads in early 2015 when a ton of great games had just come out and Nintendo hadn't yet fucked up E3 and a multitude of localization PR disasters
>>
>>322911243
I found it to be vastly underwhelming.
>>
>>322909035

>talking shit about Captain Toad
>>
>>322911243
Not him, but if you welcome my 2 cents I think it's worth it.

>it being basically NSMB in pseudo-3D

Yes and no. If you're looking for a traditional 3D Mario (64, Sunshine, etc) it's not gonna feel right, but it has enough 3D elements to differentiate it from NSMB. However you classify it, it's fun and worth owning if you have the system.
>>
>>322911032
>and Awakening was just weird
Wait, it's one of GOAT Zeldas.
>>
>>322911929
yeah but it's still weird and so was its development
>>
>>322909421
>>322911032

Speaking as someone who has always despised the Aonuma hate train, I would still say it's because they try their fucking hardest to reproduce the impact of the N64 titles and thus keep prototyping and discarding game concepts.
>>
>>322911929
>tfw you never did find the key in that once dungeon

I still need to find my old copy or emulate, it's been too long.
>>
>>322912003
But they already mastered it with TP. And they introduced lots of things in SS, don't blame them from people ditching it for the motion controls alone.
>>
>>322900349
Why are you freaking out at this?
>http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/06/rumour-nintendo-nx-reveal-in-1st-or-2nd-quarterlaunch-november-2016/

>rumour
You're a fucking idiot, wait for the official announcement.
>>
>>322912167
I don't think you understood his post. Maybe I misunderstood though. He should elaborate...
>>
>>322908927
Region Locking is anti-consumer, sure, but you're comparing slower localisations with having to pay hundreds of dollars in tax to use your console's inbuilt internet capabilities.

If you got a PS4 on release and keep it the entire life cycle you'll have paid $800 dollars just to play online.
>>
>OP samefags in his own thread about his beloved wii u getting the shelf soon
Fucking reddit crossboarders.
>>
>>322912487
yeah nobody argues about nintendo here, it's all an elaborate trick !
>>
>>322911929
>Link's Awakening began as an unsanctioned side project; programmer Kazuaki Morita created a Zelda-like game with one of the first Game Boy development kits, and used it to experiment with the platform's capabilities.

>Other staff members of the Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development division joined him after-hours, and worked on the game in what seemed to them like an "afterschool club".

>The results of these experiments with the Game Boy started to look promising, and following the 1991 release of the Super Nintendo game The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, director Takashi Tezuka asked permission to develop a handheld Zelda title; he intended it to be a port of A Link to the Past, but it evolved into an original game.

>The majority of the team that had created the Super Nintendo Zelda game was reassembled to advance this new project. Altogether, it took them one and a half years to develop Link's Awakening.

It was basically an indie game made by some guys as a hobby, that Nintendo later decided could be made into a full game. It's weird.
>>
>>322911032
>OoT to WW: 4 years
Were they working on Wind Waker for four years? I know Majora's Mask was originally an expansion pack, but was it developed by a B-team while the A-team worked on Wind Waker?
>>
>>322905803
It has already been confirmed it's going to be released on the Wii U, that would be the biggest middle finger to Nintendo's fanbase.
>>
>>322913779
It was a middle finger the first time they did it, this is something else.
>>
>>322913963
What option did they have? Launch a flagship title in their second most popular series a week before a new console and hope everything would go well for both?
>>
>>322914107
Gamecube release was delayed. The whole thing was a clusterfuck. At least this zelda seems optimized for the NX with the U being the downgrade version. I'd rather have it be better on the new console than worse.
>>
>>322913963
TP wasn't a middle finger because the GC already had WW as its "own" Zelda title.
>>
>>322914276
>At least this zelda seems optimized for the NX with the U being the downgrade version.
I seriously think you had a fever dream once and are confusing it with reality.
>>
>>322914294
I don't remember all that well because I was playing more ps2 in the six month dry spells between games for both.
>>
>>322913963
They had the choice of releasing a game exclusively on a console they were just about to replace, or releasing a new console with a highly anticipated release title.

The Gamecube already had its exclusive Zelda. The Wii needed something to sell the consoles.
>>
>>322914513
I know, I know, it's just the whole experience of the two together has made me bitter.

I'm actually excited for the nx, or will be as soon as I see some hard facts that aren't shit. I'm glad new zelda is coming to both because it means I don't have to buy a wii u and will miss very little.
>>
File: 1438186485682.gif (984 KB, 416x234) Image search: [Google]
1438186485682.gif
984 KB, 416x234
What are they going to call the NX? "We", "you" and "me" are already taken. Wii Thii? Wii Thiim?
>>
>>322914986
It's supposedly the start of a new line, meaning a new brand. Just like the Gameboys and the Entertainment Systems of old, the Wii will be a thing of the past. Unless they're really fucking stupid.
>>
>>322914986
They're calling it the gameboy.
>>
>>322914986

Nintendo Neo
>>
>>322914986
Wiiterally Who
>>
>>322914986
With modern Nintendo's naming system, it'll be called New 3DS XL-lite Home Edition.
>>
>>322903880
The only thing on wiiu worth anything is MH3U, they didn't even get 4.
The wiiu is basically just a 250$ monsterhunter game.
>>
>>322915447
>new marketing campaign
>Neo-Nintendo is here!
the shitposting would be incredible
>>
>>322911929
I don't know how people get past the incessant pausing you need to do to progress through each screen of the overworld.
Most blatant case of nostalgia goggles I have ever witnessed.
>>
I never played Link Awakening

I only played the spanish version "La leyenda de la cerda" and it was fun
>>
File: wut.jpg (131 KB, 528x528) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
131 KB, 528x528
>>322911537
>Splatoon will be a massive flop
Yeah sure miss that.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.