[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: ak.jpg (54 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
54 KB, 480x360
>The death of old Sega is still the single worst thing to ever happen to videogames. Everything started to go downhill in around 2001.
>>
Objectively false.
>>
>>322900189
Which part of it?
>>
Sega would never have been enough a kingpin for that to ruin everything anon. Video games died because graphics demands increased.
>>
>>322900769

But when Sega was around there were so many more different kinds of games. Sega was like Nintendo in that they themself made sure to provide a ton of games either as a developer or publisher. Sony used to do so to, but they leave it mostly to others to provide games these days. Sega were daring and offered crazy and unique shit.
>>
There were tons of different types of games into the first two console generations too anon. When a 6 person team could put together a game. This isn't directly Sega's benevolent influence on the world, everyone was making whatever might sell.
>>
>>322900002
I don't want to seem a nostalgiafag, so I can't agree
>>
>>322901041
That's why they went to shit
>>
>>322901406
So what you're saying is that it is the consumers' fault that games have become a joke for the most part?
>>
>that artstyle change in shining series
That's the worst thing.
>>
>>322901506

Don't let that other anon convince you, consumers are the lifeblood of the games industry you can't blame them for anything. Blaming consumers is /v/'s way of making themselves feel better.
>>
>>322901546
That's why I'm saying Old Sega. I still hope they bring back Shining Force one day (in a proper way). I mean now that Fire Emblem is popular, Sega should take advantage of that.
>>
>>322900769
SEGA used to be a company that took huge risks. The sort of risks that gave us memorable games, at the cost of these titles not being so profitable and getting shelved into the niche department. It bit SEGA in the end which made them drop out of the console business and start playing it way too safely, to the point that they hold back a lot of Japanese games from being released in the West because the gaming audience as a whole in that area just aren't that interested in that sort of thing, now that the mobile market provides free shit for people to mess around with and not think about anything else outside of it.

Not even trying to be a nostalgiafag because SEGA does throw out a couple of descent games every now and then. Still love Resonance of Fate and Binary Domain, and Hell Yeah! was pretty neat.
>>
>>322903361
Shit, I meant to respond to this post
>>322901041
>>
>>322900002
That would be the death of Rare.
>>
>>322903510
Oh, come on. As much as I like old Rare, they clearly don't compare to old Sega.
>>
File: IMG_3113.png (839 KB, 746x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3113.png
839 KB, 746x979
>>322903693
Rare made good games of every genre. All Sega made was Sonic.
>>
>>322900002
>started to go downhill in 2001
>in 2001

i really want to do a vidyageam history course, its like no one remembers or lived through this. like i was the ONLY ONE who remembers how sega died and it started when the sega CD released
>>
>>322904065
>All Sega made was Sonic.

When will this meme die?
>>
>>322904194
You must be one of those guys who only oned a Mega Drive/Genesis.

I started playing Sega games on the MS and owned each and every major piece of hardware that they ever released. Yes, MS, MD, Game Gear, 32x, Saturn and DC. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>322904452
i never owned a genesis when it was new, but i saw the trend. my friend was hard into sega shit, but didn't even get a CD or Saturn, got a 32X for his Bday when it was new.

ended up with a 64 in 96 and that was it after that. didn't even get a dreamcast.

you also sound fucking EU, which yes, the Genesis/MD did gangbusters over there, like how the NES did in the US.

there was a difference, trust me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.