[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Honor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: forhonor.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
forhonor.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
What does /v/ think of For Honor? I'm pretty hype, but then, I'm easy to hype.
>>
>knight vs viking vs samurai
FUCK YE-
>Ubisoft

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>322893129
pretty much this.
the concept looks great as well as the first
gameplay videos but we're talking about
ubisoft here.
you just know they will find a way to fuck it all up
>>
>>322893129
The way I see it with Ubisoft
>solid game
>gameplay 9/10
>however, plagued with horrible bugs release day
>imbalanced as fuck
>fast forward to 1 year later
>bugs have been fixed, balancing issues addressed
>now a decent game
>>
File: For Honor.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
For Honor.webm
3 MB, 720x404
I'm pretty excited for it honestly. It looks like they put some effort into and and it seems pretty fun overall. Can't wait to body some weeb samurai players
>>
>>322893835
>half-swording
I'm gonna cream my jeans if you can actually do that in-game. Even if it's just a hero-specific ability or a kill animation.
>>
>>322894169
There is a kill animation that does it.
>>
>Destroying MUH FOLDED STEAL faggots with superior western knight warfare
Dis gunna b gud

>>322894169
You can, it has already been shown in the first gameplay footage.
>>
>>322894169
You can that's what I meant by putting in some effort
They actually looked through ancient combat manuals for inspiration
>>
Isn't that mordhau? Not half sword ing
>>
There's a PC only game that already does all this stuff. Even has the whole vikings and samurai thing too. It also isn't made by fucking ubisoft.
>>
>>322890958
i played the alpha, its better than i expected a chivalry clone to be, its really fun
>>
>>322894683
>chivalry clone
Is it? It looks pretty different to me, with the weird multiplayer-Dynasty-Warriors thing going on. Also,
>How does swordplay feel? Do the weapons have the proper weight and heft without it making controls sluggish like DaS?
>>
>>322894549
From my understanding mordhau is just the deathstrike, continually controlling the sword form the half-point is half-swording

>>322894556
Chivalry or Mount and Blade? They've got similar roots but they are vastly different games imo
>>
>>322894801
Dark Souls doesn't have "sluggish" controls. For Honor is a bit faster, which you don't need me to tell you.
>>
>>322895612
Well depending on your build it does. Plus there's that fucking 300-500ms delay on every fucking thing
>>
>>322893129

My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>322893431
>Ubisoft game
>9/10 gameplay

come on now
>>
>>322896045
The AC games are solid though anon. For the most part. I'd give them 9/10 on merit of gameplay alone
>>
>>322896097
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but a 9 is a little bit too much don't you think?
>>
Looks like a non-shit version of Chivalry
>>
>>322896209
Not really? I mean it does very, very little wrong, and that's the fault of the AI(fuck that fucking castle in Brotherhood with the flying machine, those goddamn fucking hive mind guards)
>>
I got to play the alpha and really enjoyed it.
They've yet to reveal what else the game has to offer but I'm comfortably excited.
>>
>>322898261
I'm amazed there's no footage of the alpha.
>>
>>322899075
I shared some with close friends but it had obnoxious watermarks everywhere.

What we got to play was pretty much what you saw in the E3 demos anyway plus a couple extra maps and playable Samurai
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.