[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
waddup faggots? So i have some cash I got for xmas and my last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: JXD S7800b.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JXD S7800b.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
waddup faggots?

So i have some cash I got for xmas and my last tablet died, i'll be fucked by one of your favorite traps before I'd pay for an Ipad or samong piece of shit so I was looking at this cheap Chinese pirate machine instead.

It's the JXD S7800b any of you cumdrinkers have one?

Also Android/emulation thread you cunts.
>>
No one?

Oh well.
>>
free bump for op
>>
>>322843664
sorry anon. I dont like cheap chinese knockoff shit. What a weirdo I am.
>>
>>322843124
Aww man just ask for some money from your parents. Original tablet > chinese knockoff. It will break so fast you need to buy another one where you could just buy an original one which is more durable.
>>
>>322843916
Ty
>>322843995
Normally neither do I but all I want a tablet for is youtube, ebooks and a dew games.. this is cheaper than everything else I can get here and has really good reviews
>>
Just get a samsung galaxy tab

Those knockoffs are shit brah
>>
>>322844271
>Aww man just ask for some money from your parents

Why would I ask my parents anon? I'm a big boy now.
>>
GPD XD is a nice option.

Single screen NDS XL type formfactor, nice CPU, GPU isn't the best but it's fine for most shit and the battery/formfactor stuff makes it a really good choice.
>>
>>322844409
>Just get a samsung galaxy tab

Owned 2 tabs and an s3.. all shit and died within the year
>>
>>32284459
Cool, probably just be running NES/Megadrive and maybe some ps1 shit. can it run PSP emus?
>>
>>322844634
Fair enough, I wont try to convince you to not get a chinese tablet. It might actially be alright

Just promise me you will never ever get an ipad
>>
>>322843124
You might have some luck on /vr/, I remember seeing a thread about retro emulator handhelds like the JXD over there.
>>
>>322843124
I won one at the mall

Those are shit. They can barely run N64 PS1 and Dreamcast games.

Fun for everything from Atari to GBA but nothing else.

Your phone is probably better and will play PS1 games to boot

Save the money on buying one and save for a better graphics card so you can emulate anything
>>
>>322844954
I refuse to. A friend was telling me about his and how it basically stops you from dragging and dropping your own shit onto it

>>322845236
I'm fine with emulating anything upto 32x etc..

My system at home is not bad, i5 307k/970/16gb ram but i want something to use during my many hours of downtime at work
>>
>>322843124
bumping for interest

Been looking for a portable emulation machine too since I had to update my psp's firmware a few years ago.

Dont want to use a tablet or smartphone since i prefer to have buttons
>>
>>322843124
'Trying your hardest to fit in' the post.
>>
>>322847383
>since I had to update my psp's firmware
What does that have to do with anything m8?
>>
>>322847790
been here since 2004 m80

>>322847383
OP here, psp was great for emulation but i hated the screen.. it always seemed too shiny or something. I think ima buy this tablet, every review i read or watched said for what it is, it's great
>>
>>322848068
Updating the firmware via UMD undoes the crack (atleast i thought) and I dont have one of those pandora batteries or whatever to crack it again.

Unless there's some other way to crack them now. If there is tell me plzzzz
>>
>>322848691
OP here again..

I used to mod PSPs for people using the battery. Been out of the loop for a while but i'm sure there's another way
>>
>>322848691
>>322848926
ALL psp models are hackable at this point

look up 6.60 wololo
>>
>>322848691
You can either downgrade (or upgrade) to 6.20 and do a perma patch or you can update to the 6.60 and run fast recovery every time you boot (takes roughly 5 seconds)
https://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation

The latest FW is 6.61 and I'm sure it's CFWable but I didn't research further as I use my Vita instead.
>>
>>322848296
>>322848926
Just did some looking into that JXD S78000b thing you posted, desu price seems a little steep to me but if it can really play anything up to ps1/n64 games smoothly its probably worth it.

Only thing for me is I still have a n64 and my psp can play all the ps1 classics I've bought so I just dont know if it'd be worth it for me at that price just to play snes/neo-geo/genesis games etc
>>
>>322849497
Vita hacked yet?

I could totally see that running gamecube games.
>>
>>322849667
Sort of, you have the same levels of stuff as the 1k models PSPs.
The native code execution also works but it's extremely inconvenient as you have to repeat a roughly minute long procedure every 24 hours to get it working.
>>
>>322849648
Yeah man if i wasn't out so much i'd probably just stick with the OG hardware but i played my psp to death, rebuilt it, played it to death again and finally laid it to rest..

If the stupid little nub the PSP had was better i'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
>>
>>322843124

OP I'm interested in buying a JXD as well. Where can I buy one?
>>
>>322849943
whats the chance of it becoming more idiot proof? I don't mind dicking about with tech shit but sometimes i'm away for days with no PC or net access

I love my vita but I can't humanly play anymore JRPGs.
>>
File: le asuka face.jpg (9 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
le asuka face.jpg
9 KB, 248x233
>>322849497
Thanks a shitload m8, Idk what firmware I'm running rn cuz i didnt bring my psp on vacay but if this works my psp is definitely becoming my most played handheld/console again

>mfw I used to make all my friends butthurt playing pokemon on my psp back in the day
>>
>>322850197
where ya live?

Only one company in the UK sells em.. or you can knock some britcoins off yhe cost by buying from ebay.. though their all china farmers and you might get an old gameboy glued to a ps1 controller
>>
>>322843124
Hows the battery life? Does it play ps1 well enough?
>>
>>322850919
According to the reviews, about 4 hours non stop gaming and a lot longer for average tablet shit..

PS1 videos i saw seemed to run full speed but that'll depend on which emu you get i guess.
>>
File: 1387700022791.jpg (7 KB, 186x213) Image search: [Google]
1387700022791.jpg
7 KB, 186x213
I actually owned one a couple years ago. It was amazing and I loved the way it felt in my hands, worked like a dream too, although I wished it was just a little bit more powerful. My only complaint was that the sticks kinda sucked, but I mostly played 2d games anyways

Then four days after I had gotten it the battery shorted out while charging and ruined the whole device. I tried to send it back to china but I never recieved my refund. And it was damn expensive too

Never trust the chinks
>>
>>322851160
I'm gonna get it from a UK company, they sell all kinds of weird shit and offer full refunds if it blows off a finger.

I'm kinds willing to take the risk.. honestly i'll probably pick one up
>>
>>322850362
Unless we get a kernel mode exploit, I'd say none at all.

I've noticed that I've forgot to say that the native Vita exploit requires internet access for that 24 hour verification and a PC/Android device with WiFi network every time you want to trigger the exploit so roughly every time you want to start a new app.

The PSP stuff is quite straightforward after you get it working, you only press the bubble but you need at least one legit PSP app on your Vita while being on an exploitable FW.
This won't allow you to play PS1 games with sound, that requires a specific legit PS1 game + some other shit. Something might have changed since the last time I've checked though.
>>
>>322851698
wifi being needed is a deal breaker sadly. Unless they find another exploit it wouldn't really be worth my time.

Thanks for the info though. Used to be super into modding and breaking hardware but I got a warning from local scumbags for cutting into their profits.. and I wasn't paying them 50% of what i earned
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.