[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I beat Father Gascoigne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
How do I beat Father Gascoigne?
>>
git gud ?
>>
Git gud.
>>
>>322810213
literally beat him on 2nd try when I first played the game
I have no other words other than gid gud
>>
>>322810213
Learn to parry.
>>
He's pretty easy
Just fight him head on in phase 1, parry him to death in phase 2
>>
Umbasa!
>>
>>322810213
Gascoigne was easy, even for me and I suck at Souls games. use the tombstones as cover and when he goes full beast use the stairs to deal with his attacks
>>
>>322810213

>People telling you to parry

Lol yeah just cheese the game...

or you could git gud
>>
Charge attack with the axe over and over again
>>
File: no_shame.jpg (58 KB, 630x460) Image search: [Google]
no_shame.jpg
58 KB, 630x460
>>322810213
>tfw I didn't parry anything on my first playthrough and I still had a smooth time with Gascan
>>
>>322810213
parry him to death, once he turns music box and molotov.
>>
>>322810971
This. You can time it so you don't even have to move because he walks towards you and you can get another charge in him while he's knocked down. When he goes beast man just throw molotovs at him. Just make sure not to get stuck on the gravestones. Good luck
>>
parry his attacks.
>>
>>322810213
Git gud with viscerals, and run up the stairs if you need to heal.
>>
>>322810213
You tell him you fucked his wife.
>>
>>322810213
Use tombs to keep distance between when you need to, I'd use transformed hunters axe charge attack as he got closer to knock him back. When he transforms throw molotovs to quickly finish him. You might find it easier to fight him on the stairs
>>
>>322811513
How do you think she died :^)
>>
>>322811542
>everyone recommending using the Hunter's "I spin 2 win" Axe
>not SawCleaverMasterRace
>>
How do I get to his waifu's brooch?
>>
>>322810213
Better question here, how do I beat rom on the lake? Fuck that bitch. Heck, everyone in byrgenwerth are all faggots
>>
>Just played this game a few weeks ago

So if I understand correctly Gascoigne is some foreign dude who hooked up with the Healing Church to be part of their hunts. Tonight's hunt though he disappeared. His wife left her daughter to go find him. And when she found him near the Healing Church secret entrance Gascoigne was already blood addled and he killed her.

I've been walking back and forth everywhere trying to find things I missed to figure out what the fuck is going on. Am I in a nightmare? Or am I a dream that's walking around in the real world? Are nightmares physical locations or in another dimension? Is the School of Mensis and Bergenweryth the same thing? Why the hell does the Healing Church worship the demon looking thing?
>>
>>322811714
Tbh I'm pretty sure I used the kirkhammer despite suggesting the axe.
>>
>>322810959
Learning to parry is getting good.
You're a scrub if you can't parry
>>
>walk up to him
>dodge his attack
>spam r1
>repeat until ded

It work for all the other bosses too.
>>
>>322811782
ithe brooch is in the boss fight area. look for it, ya dingus
>>
>>322811805
set a password and I help senpai.
>>
>>322811972

Nah learning how to dodge attacks is getting good.

Parrying is a cheese strat that people abuse by googling what attacks you can parry then claiming that they know how to play.
>>
>>322812169
Confirmed for not being able to parry
>>
>>322812027
Thanks man, but this is something I need to do on my own. I'm not even expecting an actual answer I just want to put it out there
>>
>>322811805
flamethrower side, charge attack kirkhammer when teleporting, bolt paper
>>
>>322811805
When he starts raining meteors on you just lock on to a spider and keep dodging to the left.
>>
>>322811807
Dude get yourself some eyes in your head
>>
>>322811807
I thought she got killed by the guys you found him mashing up.
>>
>>322812013

Not the bloody crow of cainhurst but I guess he's not really a boss.
>>
>>322812486
take care of his shitty spiders first then hit him, second/third stage is a little more tricky because you have to keep an eye on him too for his shitty ice attacks but still same idea, is basically patience hit and run. If whatever reason you still struggling there is an npc hunter you can summon before entering the balcony in library, he has the call beyond spell which rekts the little spiders.
>>
>>322811306
when he beast modes just play the music box and backstab him
>>
>>322810213
Don't run from the third form.
>>
Parry Gasoline
>>
I beat him on my second try by visceral attacking a lot, and freaking the fuck out and spamming molotovs in his second phase
>>
>>322811807
massive spoilers. only look if you've beaten the main game and need some answers.

i thought everything was a dream too at first. the beginning makes you think that. the real world is the world you're in, except you are trapped by "the hunter's dream". read the next spoiler if you want to be spoiled even more and unravel a big part of the game.

the hunter's workshop was ran by gehrman, the first hunter. it was a part of the church and it was secret, designed to hunt beasts during the night back before the plague. it was eventually disbanded. there is a item whose info says that the great ones are "sympathetic in nature", and it's likely that gehrman made a pact with moon presence in order to maintain his hunter's workshop, either of pride or whatever motivated him

school of mensis was a part of the church, formed by laurence, who was a student of master willem of brygenwerth (the cutscene you see when you touch laurence's skull in the grand cathedral prove they were very close).
>>
>>322811807
>am I in a nightmare
Possibly, but most likely not
>am I a dream
Naw
>are nightmares physical or in another dimension
Yes
>is the school of mensis and byrgenwerth the same thing
Nope
>why does the healing church worship the demon thing
I'm assuming you're talking about ebrietas, daughter of the cosmos. They take her blood to use in their healing medicine. I don't think they worship her but she is definitely a higher being
>>
>>322810213
Fight like he fights.
>>
>>322812716
his daughter says sometimes Gascoigne forgets who her and her mother are, so the mother always carries a music box to make him remember

she didnt bring the music box this time, not hard to imagine what that implies

thats why playing the music box stuns him, it makes him remember that he just killed his own wife in his blood frenzy
>>
>>322810213
Git lucky
>>
In his first stage, you can have a lot of fun by trying to be even more aggressive than he is but make sure you keep enough stamina to dodge away if need me. In his second and third stage, learn his attacks and time your gunshots to when he is winding up before he strikes to parry him, which you can then visceral him

I almost beat him on my first try, went from 20 blood vials to 4 during that fight though and while I thought I had prepared for the fight by watching some videos, I wasn't exactly prepared for his third phase so I got pretty much destroyed by him when he had an inch of health left, after that it took me 4 more tries. Father Gascoigne is definitely my favorite boss of the game. It felt like such an amazing fight and I felt like I was fighting someone who was my equal, even down to the weapons he used, and I grew to love it even more after learning the backstory behind him and listening to the soundtrack.

Just remember, it might take a couple tries but theres nothing wrong with dying. If need be, just get the insight from seeing him and then save your blood echoes and level up before you face him. It also helps to enhance your weapon using blood stone shards.

Just one more tip, git gud
>>
>>322814392
>and while I thought I had prepared for the fight by watching some videos
pathetic.
>>
>>322813173
nigga they aint massive spoilers
>>
>>322813173
>it was a part of the church

Hunters predate the Church.
>>
>>322811807
I think the bigger lore bit is how Gascoigne most likely married Henyrk's daughter.

Evidence:
-Henyrk's voice (when taking damage) is the same as the "Old" category you can pick when making a character
-Gascoigne's daughter mentions someone named "Grandpa"

Put these two along with the fact that Henyrk and Gascoigne were partners and it aint impossible
>>
I picked this up the other day. Are all the areas pretty much the same in art direction? Everything just looks dark and gothic, are there any that stand out that I'm yet to see? At least Dark Souls had some contrasting areas like Anor Londo and Blighttown.
>>
Here's how you actually do it with extremely low risk, it's almost impossible to fuck this strategy up.

>First form.

Back away from him, wait for him to perform an attack, then use your jump attack, for most weapons this is a guaranteed stagger (Not sure about the cane) after your JA staggers him, back away, repeat this until form 2 while mixing in parries if you want to speed shit up

>Form 2
Use the music box, backstab him, then charge R2 when he gets up. If he's still alive, just whack him a few times, he'll die.

If you can't beat him with this strategy, you're simply bad at timing and measuring distance, for short, become proficient.
>>
>all these niggas saying stuff that is plainly wrong

Just read this and be contented

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/preview?pref=2&pli=1
>>
>>322816074
>Are all the areas pretty much the same in art direction?

Not at all, it's just the first few areas are in the city.
>>
Wait, people actually had trouble with this boss? I just spammed R1 and dodged, simple enough.
>>
>>322816074
>are all the areas the same?
No

Just play it, and for the love of god don't look up videos of areas from later in the game
>>
>>322810213
Shoot him when he jumps to attack then rip his guts out. He's difficult because he's literally "learn to parry" the boss.
>>
>>322810213
Beat him on the 2nd try desu senpai. Didn't even know about the music box.
>>
>>322816121

>Form 2
Spam Music Box, Spam Molotovs

Complete error proof
>>
>>322810213
Don't lock on in his beast form when he's close to you or the camera will go to shit. That's all you really need, once you do that just keep a good distance and parry him.
>>
>>322816074
You'll get some dark and gothic woods, some dark and gothic lower sections, some dark and gothic castles, a bright ass fuck nightmare land, and white expansive sea, and the DLC has dark and gothic revists with a dark and gothic fishing hamlet.

Yes, that's the point of the game, to be dark and gothic, it fits the theme and story of the game.

But really, yes there will be different environments for you to explore other than just Yharnam.
>>322815914
I always assumed Henryk was Gascoigne's father and not his wife's father.
>>
>>322816370
>Spam Molotovs

I immediately assumed OP probably used them all on Cleric Beast or repeated attempts at Father. I didn't include consumables on purpose.
>>
>>322810213
git gud
>>
How the fuck do I beat Orphan of Kos?
>>
>>322816606
Just get better at the game and get your damage as high as you can, there aren't any "Tricks" to his fight aside from standing in the water to avoid the lightning, as well as BS'ing him when he does his jump attack.
>>
>cant even beat Gascoige

Watch out for Logarius
>>
>>322815914
Didn't henryk just gain unnaturally long life from his time with Gascoigne
>>
>>322816503
>Henryk was Gascoigne's father

Im afraid not. Gascoigne's most prominent feature is the he came from a foreign land. If Henyrk was foreign too it would have been mentioned.

Also, its only mentioned that they were a gallant duo. Though theres no mention to family in that, I take away that they were equal as partners and friends, not as father/son
>>
>>322810213
Cheat stone
>>
>>322816074
Entire game basically looks the same even when you're in different locations. Dark and purple.
>>
>>322815603
Which actually makes no sense.

[Kos was the first of the Great One's found, but clearly we see in Old Hunters that Hunters already exist as does the dream, meaning the Moon Presence was found by Gehrman first, which means experiments involving Brygenwerth and it's foundation had already taken place, seeing as how Gehrman and Laurence have left to do their own experiments, Laurence eventually establishing the Church and Gehrman the Hunters/Hunt. Which means that at some point Willem and the crew found Oedon first actually instead of Kos. Which is the spread of the Nightmare, which Gehrman combats with the Moon Presence, who seems to be at odds with Oedon. With Laurence setting off to create his own Church in Oedon's image. Now when Kos was found who knows as it's clearly not the beginning point, even though it's straight up said it is. Then again time and space and Great Ones and all that stupid shit.
>>
>there are people in this thread who used the music box to beat Gascoigne
>>
>>322816765
>there aren't any tricks

nigga what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa7RlX9NNi8

even if you don't fire any bullets, you can always get a backstab visceral after he does that jump/lunge attack. He'll just hop over you
>>
>>322816887
Nah, you're likely right, I just always assumed Henryk was the father to Gascoigne instead of his wife. I never really thought to consider it honestly since his wife is just some random woman, but yeah it makes more sense.

I'd really like to see a sequel to Bloodborne or more prequel stuff like the Old Hunters, but alas last DLC and Dark Souls 3 is coming soon.
>>
>>322811805
If you're not comfortable with the adds, hitting a spider twice will typically kill it from any direction.

If she flops over, run away.

If she rears her head, start running around her.

Hit her as much as possible and use blood pellets and/or shock paper, try to stagger her out of teleporting away.

Rom's easy, the spiders make it difficult.
>>
>>322817132
Can you not read? I mentioned that shit in my post.

Backstabbing/parrying him isn't a trick, it's something that you can do to every humanoid boss.
>>
>>322816842
So? We all know he was old. More importantly, he was definitely older than Gascoigne
>>
>>322816976
Kosm*
>>
>>322817414
Ahh Kos, or some say Kosm
>>
>>322810213
>>322810213
shoot him
>>
File: 1449627277432.jpg (445 KB, 1012x1132) Image search: [Google]
1449627277432.jpg
445 KB, 1012x1132
>>322817194
>a BB sequel that focuses more on hunters and less on stupid aliens and nightmares

me too anon. Who knows? Maybe their next game after Ds3 will be Bb2?
>>
>>322817414
Yeah it kind of confirms it is Kos when you fight Orphan of Kos.
>>
>>322811805
Kill the spiders every round first. Hit their sides, their faces work like the wooden shield.

Then beat Rom down (you can keep attacking as she's becoming incorporeal and teleporting).

When she starts doing meteor just dodge to the left/right multiple times. When she does the vertical ground meteor it's usually in a radius around her and she wont do it when you're close. Otherwise just wail on her until she teleports again and avoid the terrible obvious AOE explosion. If you're fast enough with the damage (burn most of your stamina, but enough to back dodge), she wont ever do the roll.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
Is there no hope other than learning the timing of that aoe and dodging through it?
>>
File: pegbb.jpg (187 KB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
pegbb.jpg
187 KB, 986x1378
>>322817642
Better version
>>
>>322817803
>she's
>she
>her
>>
>>322811714
Yo, the cane is the real easy mode. Axe is great for crowd control, but it's not really ideal for a handful of bosses.
>>
>>322817642
>a BB sequel that focuses more on hunters and less on stupid aliens and nightmares

Kill yourself. The Lovecraftian stuff is the best part of Bloodborne.
>>
>>322817642
I don't mind the Old Gods, but it really should have had some more focus on Gehrman and his hunts, especially that of Willem and Maria leaving his side.
>>
>>322816976
>Oeden
I thought Oeden was formless
>>
>>322817919
Rom is a chick confirmed by the creator. Really need to just fucking look up Rom real quick before posting.
>>
>>322817919
Miyazaki confirmed it was a female.

>Miyazaki's interview confirms that Rom is in fact female. In the interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki found in the Official Guide, Mizayaki was asked what his favorite boss was. His answer was Rom, stating that “I really like her. There are some oddly cute aspects to her moves and modeling.”
>>
>>322817887
I like that
>>
File: 1449944415209.jpg (79 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1449944415209.jpg
79 KB, 301x312
>>322812169
It's literally just shoot them when they're in the middle of an attack

Wow
>>
>>322818170
>>322818187
And the guy who created the .gif format thinks it's pronounced like the peanut butter Jif.
Sometimes creators are wrong anons.
>>
>>322817642
You seriously want to take the unique parts about Bloodborne and focus on more fucking humans.

Seriously holy shit, Dark Souls has enough humans and humanoid bosses across the series, don't let it fucking happen to BB as well.

Shittiest taste I've seen in any BB threads by far.
>>
>>322818152
It is, but they had to have found the voice to understand it's grand designs for the Church. Even then, the blood that turns people into Beasts and stuff with the Nightmare/Mergo is likely the result of Oedon as well. How that works who knows.
>>
>>322818360
>Parrying is literally smacking them with your shield in the middle of an attack

wow
>>
>>322818424
>Sometimes creators are wrong anons.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Congratulations.
>>
>>322818424
>Guy having an aneurysm and thinking Graphics is pronounced with a J
>Equatable to the director stating a transkin's former gender
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (18 KB, 375x333) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
18 KB, 375x333
>>322818424
>Sometimes creators are wrong anons.
>>
>>322818010
>liking every area after Rom

I guess you don't have great taste friend
>>
>>322817642
Fuck you, I want more Lovecraft.
>>
>>322818491
>humans aren't cool
>all of the most tragic and interesting characters in bloodborne are humans

ffs
>>
>>322818871
I hoped you liked the dlc then cause it was a discombobulating mess in the story department.
>>
Reccomended level for Old Hunters? I ran around and managed to pick up the cutter and hammer before that small grey beast guy rekd me because my damage was piss poor.

>>322818754
The only bad bosses after Rom are Reborn and Emissary. Arguably, MP too.
>>
File: Yharnam.png (144 KB, 350x251) Image search: [Google]
Yharnam.png
144 KB, 350x251
Trying to work my way through the Chalice Dungeons to reach this whore, but god damn, it's such a painful trek

What level were you guys when you reached her?

Did you even get that far?
>>
>>322819270
>>
>>322818424
>gender is something you can just make up for yourself

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>322819132
Go to bed Super Bunnyhop, the Fishing Hamlet was clearly Innsmouth and you know it.
>>
>>322818754
You mean the Unseen Village which still has beasts, dogs, and maidens and only crazy blobs and the boss?

Or the Orphanage which only has the two bosses and the fetuses running around, but otherwise beasts and shit.

Or do you mean the Nightmare of Mensis which has beasts, giants, shadows of yharnam, pigs, and only the main boss and the big ass brain?

Or do you mean the Nightmare Dream which just has Gehrman unless you do the Umbilical Chords?

Hell you even see Kin before Rom. You see them in the Forbidden Woods, in Iosefka's Clinic, you see them in the Nightmare Frontier, you see other Amydalas around Yharnam constantly if you've been bothering to use the Insight, which everyone did because we all knew you see stuff the more you had.

Shit you see them in 3/4 of the game basically.
>>
>>322810213
to me he just seemed like a parry tutorial. like this was the point in the game you learned you werent going to finish the game if you didnt learn to parry.
>>
>>322819270
>What level were you guys when you reached her?

Toughest has to be Defiled Hotdog and Defiled Amy. Everything else is smooth sailing.
>>
>>322819270
I'm 115 right now, getting ready to hit the Dog in the Defiled Chalice, so she's next up on the Chalice list once I finished the Dog and the last boss.

I'm staying 115 solely because my autism with stats ending in 0/5, and there isn't any point pumping into Vit/Skl/End anymore.
>>
>>322810213
He breaks down if you hide behind a large chunk of tombstones. Just wait for him to swing, then hit him, back up, repeat.
>>
>>322819874
To me he was a molotov tutorial and proof that the game will only get easier from then on because of weapon restrictions and being unable to level.
>>
>>322819874
I didn't parry once the entire game, still haven't outside of one boss in a Chalice Dungeon.

Parrying is not needed in any Souls games. In fact, that boss in the Chalice Dungeon was the first time I've ever parried in a Souls game outside of PvP, it's not needed whatsoever.
>>
>>322817642
the fuck?

BB has the best lovecraftian story of any non direct lovecraft game
>>
>>322817803
>Kill the spiders every round first.
What? I beat Rom first try by ignoring all the adds, running in, getting a hit or two, then running away.
>>
>>322820297
It has better Lovecraft than pretty much any game period because in the Lovecraft games it makes no sense that you could even compete with the Great Old Ones. Like that Call of Cthulu game where you had to shoot Dagon to death. At least in Bloodborne you could argue learning the edlritch truth and embylical cords makes it possible to surmount the Great Ones.
>>
>>322820542
>kill the spiders
no need: https://youtu.be/SKiW9uRJ8oI?t=9
>>
File: Hot_Lips_Snootles.png (3 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Lips_Snootles.png
3 MB, 1918x816
>>322818650
>>322818715
>>
>>322820542
Well that works too, but killing the spiders makes it a lot easy to deal with, especially for someone having trouble with her.
>>
>>322819601
>>322818715
>>322818713
>>322818650
Artist is dead, retards. The only thing that can influence the status of a facet of a work of art must be contained in the work of art itself. If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

I'm not that guy, though, and the only acceptable thing to call rom is 'it' because it's a fucking speedero
>>
>>322820938
George Lucas did plenty of stupid shit sure, and while his decisions were wrong, they are still canon. The same as Rom being female is still canon, even if you find Rom being female not canon. Also I don't see why you have such a problem with Rom being female anyways, the entire game has a motif about pregnancy and females.
>>
>>322820542
>>322820947

I think killing the spiders is almost a necessity for chalice Rom. That was pretty painful.
>>
>>322819270
I'm level 108ish and I'm stuck on defiled Amy. Been taking a break from BB to try out EDF 4.1 though.
>>
>>322820938
2 people created Star Wars, Anon. It only took one to ruin it.
>>
>>322821082
>If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

Duh, he's teasing the inevitable scifi soulsborn
>>
>>322821082
Except the artist isn't dead and that's what he said.
>>
Gehrman, The First Hunter
>the first hunter
laurence formed the hunters, of which gehrman was the first

>>322816976
the hunters nightmare doesn't exist in reality. "the old hunters" you find there are blood addled and never "escape the hunt". wouldn't make much sense if a clocktower leads to a fishing hamlet.
>>
>>322810213
Do nothing but parry damage and you can get him down to like 25% of his hp left before he transforms

One good combo after that can clean him up
>>
>>322816074
Yes and no. The color pallet changes occasionally, but the gothic theme is always going to be present.
>>
>>322821357
All the Nightmares exist you dolt, just not in the manner the waking world does.

The waking world is "reality", the nightmares and the dream are your reality away from reality, courtesy of the Great Ones.
>>
>>322821339
It's an idiom you retard, I'm not saying he's literally dead. I'm saying an artist's views on a narrative aren't binding of conclusive or the final authority. the art defines itself. In this case there's nothing in the game that says romski is a girl so it's not canon that it is.
>>
>>322816370
>Spam Music Box
You can use it more than once? When I tried to use it twice in one fight, he just completely ignored it the second time.
>>
>>322821082
>If miyazaki said that every enemy in the game was an android and the games are really just simulations for a super soldier from the future it wouldn't make it true.

Except that completely makes it true, it doesn't make it not stupid, but it's still true.

Also you can't call Rom an "It" because Rom was once Human. The game straight up says Rom was enlightened/transcended.

An artist only draws, they aren't the entire influence of the work. They're told what to draw and generally a extremely rough guideline of how to draw it. In this case they said "Draw a spider/caterpillar Great One" and he did, the artist doesn't decide the actual characterization, only what the characterization that was already laid before him is detail in his art.
>>
>>322821082
>Artist is dead, retards.
come again?

Listen, anon, if the artist's intention of the art is not conveyed to the viewer that means the art is bad, not that the creator is wrong.

Besides, its a spider that spawns more spiders, making it female. Calling it she would still not be wrong.
>>
>>322821714
>there's nothing in the game that says romski is a girl

In your translation of it. So much can change when the localization teams come into play.
>>
>>322821714
Except the game makes it obvious. Rom was the first one to become Enlightened, the first to try and give birth to a Great One, it only backfired and Rom became a near braindead spider, who was later used as a Dreamcatcher/Net to stop the halting progress of the Nightmare.

The ritual would eventually be complete through Queen Yharnam. You don't even need Miyazaki to tell you she's female to understand this, it's incredibly basic story-telling and right in your face.
>>
Reminder that if you use any weapon other than the cane, you are either unskilled or someone who thinks hes good for using meme weapons.
>>
>>322821634
>all the nightmares exist
how does this contradict what i say? the reality i speak of is what the doll says, the "waking world". the "hunter's nightmare" is a nightmare persisted by the orphan, hosted by maria. my original point there was that the hunters you find in that nightmare are not "old hunters", i.e. hunters before gerhmans time.
>>
>>322822114
>cane
>not a meme weapon
everything in bloodborne is a meme weapon
>>
>>322822114
If everybody used the cane, the cane would be the only meme weapon.

Would you carry on spouting this meme weapon shit if this were the case?
>>
>>322816519
You can buy more easily.
>>
>>322822216
>Before Gehrman's time

But the hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare are FROM Gehrman's time.

Gehrman only got out because he was put on a leash by MP.
>>
>>322821780
Why does the creator of something saying something outside of the art itself influence the art? Do some people have the power to decide what is and isn't true in a work of art without influencing its contents? how does that even work? the art and the art only dictates is what influences ones interpretation.

>>322821829
Whether art is good or bad has nothign to do with how well it conveys the artist's intentions. If some idiot meant to type his shitty autobiography about his life in swindon as a factory worker but accidentally coded a beautiful, well structured masterpiece of a video game that you really enjoyed, would it be bad? If you like it, it's good art. Simple.
>>
>>322822073
>>322822098
I shouldn't have said it wasn't okay to call it a female or that it's stupid to hold that opinion, but to hold it just because papa M said so is silly.
>>
>>322822548
We have no evidence to suggest Rom was male before.

We have evidence to suggest Rom was female before. See: Miyazaki saying so.

Do the math, genius.
>>
>>322822382
i'd like to see where you get your information. i remember the game saying something like the hunter's nightmare being where all blood addled hunters are sent. i agree that it's a world that either created AFTER or during Gehrman's time. he really is the "first" hunter.
>>
>>322822812
Miyazaki saying anything doesn't say jack fucking shit about the game itself, fucko.

If fucking walt disney said that mickey mouse was an andriod, he wouldn't be an android unless whatever fuckign mickey mouse cartoon convinced you otherwise and independently of disney's assertation
>>
>>322822859
The blood-addled hunters from back then fell into the Nightmare, I got nothing as to why the ones from dream Yharnam still persist and antagonize the player.
>>
>>322822984
You are so fucking mad over this, holy shit. Take your pills.
>>
>>322822403
>If you like it, it's good art.
There are a couple schools of thought on art in general.

But what you suggest has no account for taste. What is a severely retarded person draws a picture with his own shit and you like it. That still wouldn't mean you didn't enjoy shit.
>>
>>322810213
> use the saw part of the saw cleaver, you need to move fast
> get the music box, i didnt use it because i was retard and didnt know about it
> use the tombstones as cover (until he transformes)
>>
>>322819270
100 on whirlmeme build
140 on chikage build

shes not that hard
>>
>>322822403
it works because he is the creator of the story and lore. When you have a job as a concept artist or an artist in this facility you are told what to draw. It's not like you're just drawing whatever you feel like and handing it to the person and being like "Here, this is the character, and this is their story". The artist doesn't decide that unless they're also the main developer of what they are creating.

Artists have no power in most jobs, they just draw what they're told to draw, it's a job like anything else and a very shitty one too. Trust me, I unfortunately had to deal with all the weird ass hipster faggots and retards at art school, jobs are not just "Make something and it's yours". They just create what the character looks like, nothing more, and even then they're given a rough idea of what they should be drawing.
>>322822548
Then you go against the creator's intentions and that's not more than headcanon at that point. It's like that stupid ass Samus is a tranny shit people take seriously over an off-handed and terribly obvious joke. Now if Miyazaki had said Rom was a female in a joking manner, sure you'd have a point, but otherwise you're just spouting what you want to believe over the real intentions of the creator of the character.
>>322822984
If Walt Disney said Mickey was an Android, guess what, Mickey is an android.
>>
>>322819751
>listing enemies in areas

No. Those areas blew ass because they were so confusing that they put a permanent bad taste in my mouth. Going from the peculiar (yet understandable) Unseen Village to a weird lecture hall in the head of dead guy to a nightmare with a baby and tons of weird shit made no sense to me the first time.

Of course now I understand, and even appreciate some of it. But the pure confusion I felt when I entered the Nightmare of Mensis and the confusion as to WHY I HAD TO KILL A BABY still sticks with me.

>inb4 "dude you're feeling how the characters feel when they tried to comprehend the eldritch truth"

fuck off with that. Lovecraftian themes are always a dead end
>>
Tried to guide some retard to the Bell maiden for like 10 minutes until I had to go and kill him.
>>
>>322822257
No, because the cane has actual skill and finesse required to use it, everyone using it would just mean everyone is skilled.
>>
>>322821714
>>322821339
>>322821082
"I don't read anything ever, I only play videogames."

"the death of the artist" is a novel concept raised by a essay; it's a thought that advocated against the traditional analysis of the author and looking at his background as a means of explaining a work. this is a video game. miyazaki saying something is something in a fictional world he created is fine. the work is still independent, and if it never definitely asserts something then you're fine to believe whatever you want. there is no wrong or right

>>322823041
i don't know where you read that or got that from intuition but that's fine, i guess. just as long as people realize that hunters began with gehrman and laurence.
>>
>>322819270
lowest I got to her was around 60ish on my chikage build. I usually get to he around 80 or 90 nowadays.
>>
>>322823153
I find hyperbole entertaining
>>322823209
It's not shit if I like it anon, unless it is literally made out of shit but that's different. That doesn't make it objectively good art if that's what you're getting at but there's no such thing as that obviously.
>>
Does someone have the BB box art template?
>>
>>322822984
If a tailor made a Blue and Black dress, but plenty of people said it wasn't but instead Gold and White, it wouldn't make the dress Gold and White.
>>
File: 0 (48).webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
0 (48).webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>322812169
git gud, parrying is ez.
>>
>>322821714
I know it's an idiom, and it's a fucking retarded one. The artist's interpretation of his own art is just as important as any other.
>>
File: Good Job.png (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Good Job.png
20 KB, 300x300
>>322823696
>a good analogy on /v/
>>
Anyone wanna get on and help..me with defiled watchdog of the old lords
>>
>>322823275
The creative process has nothing to do with the final product in an artistic sense. It's a final piece in a vaccum, nothing more and nothing less. It is removed from its creation as soon as it's finished.

I also didn't say I disagreed with Miyazaki per se, or that I thought what he was saying was stupid or preferred my own headcanon. I don't really care about rom that much. What I was saying is that if someone else think rom's a female just because the M, at this point just another critic/member of the audience when you think about it as a work of art, believes it's a female, said so, and him being the creator gives him some kind of special lease over past creations.

If walt disney said mickey was an andriod, that's his interpretation, and his view of the character. In a vaccum, if the art and the art alone doesn't convince you that he's an andriod he's not. He could be if you believed it independantly of disney's comments, though.
>>
>>322823765
And the artist clearly agrees or he would have said something differently when Miyazaki said she was female. See how simple that is?

Also an artist's opinion doesn't mean shit when they're literally told what to draw.
>>
>>322823959
Sure nigga, pass?
>>
>>322823959
BL? pass?
>>
Shoot at it until it dies
>>
>>322824006
Anon do you have any idea what's going on here, because I don't think you do.
>>
>>322824024
Looking it up one minute
>>
>>322823765
I agree, but not moreso. He has no definitive authority

>>322823696
I'm saying, what if a tailor made a red dress and told everyone it was black? What colour is the dress?
>>
how the fuck are bloodborne bosses even hard
can't you just shoot them till you win
>>
>>322824269
But he did not make a red dress and told everyone it was black. He made a black dress and told everyone it was black, and then you came in here getting mad because you thought it was a dark red, but it was actually black.
>>
>>322823552
the work isn't independent if it's bound by statements made by a person outside of its boundaries/content.
>>
>>322824350
Most guns do dick all for damage because they're meant for parrying/stunning as opposed to doing damage.
>>
>>322824024
>>322824126
Chalice glyph is wma2
Im Bl 130
>>
>>322823564
>unless it is literally made out of shit but that's different
I am saying that, but you're missing my point.

You seem to think everyone's opinions have the exact same weight. You're trying to simply art in the most inclusive way possible and not taking any account for taste at all. If someone has experienced more art than another person, they have a better frame of comparison to other art. If the only movie you've ever seen is Transformers, you're going to think its 10/10 GOAT. You have not seen all that there is in that genre or in general to form a pallet of potentially what movies are out there.

TLDR
Lots of autistic children like Sonic. They like it, so is it good? To them it is, but they're autistic so who gives a fuck what they think.
>>
>>322824350
guns don't do damage really. unless you use shit like the cannon with bone ash (damage boost to firearms) on it and even then you have like 2 or 3 shots depending on your runes.
>>
>>322824430
Answer the question, because we're talking about the logic in practise when interpreting a creator's extra-artistic statements or suggestions
>>
>>322824245
>>322824523
No, I mean put a password on in your network part, you don't need the dungeon glyph codes anymore, I can just use SRRC and find you as long as we both put in the same password

go to system > network > password matching and put a random password in then tell me what you put in here
>>
>>322824648
No, I will not.

For starters, I'm not the anon you had responded to.
Secondly, your question is of a completely irrelevant hypothetical situation. There is no reason to answer the question because answering the question will not lead to anything.
>>
>>322824468
you're an idiot. the work is always at the end of the day independent. much like the video of me having sex with your mother is a shameful part of my past, my urgent letters sent to xhamster to have it taken down are met with no replies.
>>
File: 1443952044934.png (347 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1443952044934.png
347 KB, 800x480
>>322824521
>>322824608
>guns do less damage than a fucking sword
what the fuck is this dumb shit
>>
So whats paleblood? Is it the moon presence?

Also will we ever get a doujinshi of the prostitute and Iosefka being impregnated?
>>
>>322824269
The dress would be red, retard.
>>
>>322824716
Gotcha password is 'thanksm8'
As one word all lowercase
>>
>>322824563
Everyone's opinion is identical. Taste is subjective. Liking things is subjective. There is no 'good art' or 'bad art' on an objective levels. I think sonic is shit and the kids who like it have shit taste. That's my subjective opinion and it'd be stupid to claim I was objectively correct in saying it was shit even if I can explain my opinions on tangible concepts.

all opinions, objectively, have the exact same weight. If you want to believe big M's interpretation because you agree with it after inspection of the argument, that's all good. But it's not as simple a case as 'he made it, everything he says about it is right'
>>
>>322824986
You're one of those "Han shot first" retards, aren't you
>>
>>322824975
ringan now my man
>>
>>322824859
>implying a giant serrated clever through the skull would do less damage than a pellet from a blunderbuss.
>>
>>322824778
It's not irrelevant. We're talking about miyazaki here and whether his statements over the gender of a fictional spider-thing (christ) are binding simply because he made the game. If you think they are, you've got to be able to provide an answer to the problem I put forward.

>>322824795
If the work is independent then it can't be bound by what someone else says about it outside its boundaries, dickweed.
>>
>>322824859
The guns have a low enough muzzle velocity that you can dodge them on reflex, they aren't very powerful guns.

Even then, the cannon and the gatling gun still do decent damage. the only problem is they'll do a bit of damage and then you run out of ammo instantly.
>>
I hope DS3 has some fly sets like the Cainhurst set and the Knight's garb.
>>
>>322810213
He's pretty easy.
I beat him with the hunter axes transformed R2
>>
>>322825087
If anything what I'm saying suggests the opposite. If lucas says dumb shit about star wars under my philosophy I'm allowed to ignore it because it's just another fuck's interpretations. there's no midichlorians in 4 5 and 6. The rerelases are different works of art that do not alter the original releases in the slightest. Learn to actually comprehend what people post
>>
>>322810213
>just fight him normally until he turns into a werewolf
>then throw molotovs
EZPZ
>>
>>322810213
Hit him till he dies. Don't get hit. He's easy to parry in both forms and the music box is good for each form, you can always summon there but you should GIT GUD.
>>
>>322825353
It's completely irrelevant, because saying "the dress is red" will not affect the conversation at all. The conversation is not about a creator blatantly lying for no real reason, it's about a creator explaining something that was left a bit more ambiguous than he intended. As such, the dark red -> black analogy.
>>
>>322819270

118. Go get the /bbg/ guide for chalice dungeons. Took me two days to get to her.
>>
He's pretty easy when he has his normal ax. You can basically run in and whack him with the occasional side step. Parrying here is also pretty easy and gets fast damage. You'll have to be a bit more cautious when he extends the ax as he has sweeping attacks, range, and can combo you in. It's best to run in after him after he's finished, hit him a few times, and then run back. He can be pretty rough with parry times at this stage, and I would pretty much recommend against it unless you're pro. If he catches you, he can pretty much kill a character with low vit. For his next stage, parry timing is a lot simpler but you have to perform it fast. Side stepping will also work, but don't attack him a bunch of times. Throw a few molotovs if you have them on you.

Don't listen to the fags saying "Lol don't parry! No molotovs ever!" You are going to feel satisfied when you beat him if you had to post a thread on /v/ about it, so using helpful techniques won't dampen that for you. All that matters is that dopamine.
>>
>>322825353
it's not. is a person not independent of the thoughts projected upon him by others? miyazaki's comments can either be accepted or denied, much like any fan theories about certain ambiguous lore in the game.
>>
>>322825087
>>322825579
I thought you said 'han shot last', my b. My answer: in original releases he shot first, in the rereleases he didn't. Simple! There is no objective star wars canon
>>
>>322825159
Should I also summon queen killer?
>>
>>322825579
What you're saying is that the person who created it has no bearing on anything to you because you're so blinded and deluded by the concept of artistic interpretation you refuse to acknowledge that the creator is the final say.
>>
>>322825869
Yeah he's pretty based.
>>
>>322823736

>cainhurst armour
>executioners helmet

This triggers me.
>>
>>322825869
jesus no
>>
Parrying in bloodborne is the equivalent of playing the game on easy mode. In Dark Souls, parrying actually required some amount of skill, because if you missed your parry you were fucked. Being able to parry at range with guns has made parrying a no risk high reward move. Against bosses like father Gascoigne, it completely takes away the challenge and hence the fun. Don't go around telling people you platted bloodborne if you did so by parrying everything. You basically cheated if you parried through bloodborne.
>>
File: 1438815803850.jpg (39 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
1438815803850.jpg
39 KB, 369x369
Go online and let the nerds do it for you.

That's what I did for Gascoigne and blood beast
>>
>>322825773
I agree with that though, what I'm trying to say is that him being the creator doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with him, as >>322818715
etc were saying.

You can if you believe him and agree with his interpretation.
>>
>>322826042
This senpai
>>
>>322825965
Should I be set to worldwide or local?
>>
File: 1437408298607.jpg (43 KB, 332x396) Image search: [Google]
1437408298607.jpg
43 KB, 332x396
>Go online and let the nerds do it for you.
>
> That's what I did for Gascoigne and blood beast
>>
>>322825917
>deluded
It's the truth, believing otherwise misses the point of art entirely. Art isn't a factual thing that you're meant to 'decipher' to a correct conclusion that only the creator knows. It's SUBJECTIVE. Too autistic to think outside of absolutes? I know it's hard, rain main.
>>
>>322821762
Got to be some what close to him. Don'y abuse the more you use it the less it effects him it also speeds up transformation
>>
>>322826308
>Too autistic to think outside of absolutes?

I would ask you that, since you take the idea of artistic interpretation as absolute as you do.
>>
>>322826268
>>322826053
stop
>>322826042
dear god
>>
>>322826231
Worldwide nigga
>>
>>322810213
parry
>>
>>322821357
Gherman was the first hunter
He was a hunter for Byrgenwerth, he was the one that devised the hunters fighting style after the Cainhurst knights got their asses kicked in the Pthumarian tombs. Maria and Ludwig where his first apprentices.

He continued to hunt in Yharnam after Laurence founded the Healing Church, but he and Laurence had a falling out and Laurence recruited Ludwig to found and train the Church Hunters.
>>
>>322817030
>there are people in this thread who didn't know you could use the music box on Gaston.
>>
>>322826042
Mechanics like parrying were put in the game to make the casuals happy. Not everyone can just play Souls games all day like you. Some people have lives outside of shitposting on /v/ and playing shitty from soft games. At least from soft is making an attempt to appeal to their core audience.
>>
>>322826424
But my opinion allows you to either agree or disagree based on your own subjective take on the art, whereas your retarded philosophy binds you to accept whatever the author says about his work outside of its boundries as canon. Accept that art is subjective before you try talking about it like you know shit
>>
Who else here /pizzacutter/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTsczo1IO44
>>
I sound so bad for saying this but how do you actually parry in Bloodborne?
Do i need a certain weapon or something?
You think i would have figured this out by now.
>>
>>322826619
Art is subjective except where it is clearly stated by the creator.

I sincerely hate what impressionists have fucking done to art.
>>
>>322826638
It will never replace based saw "dps out of the ass" cleaver
>>
>>322826638

I love how aggressive you can be with the memesaw.

>running r2
>dashing attacks
>backstep attacks
>>
>>322826852
you shoot the people just as they attack
>>
>>322826231
Try changing the password to 'kek', I always get a feeling long passwords fuck it up or some shit, shouldn't be taking this long.

You ringan your bell at te layer 2 lamp?
>>
>>322826865
If it's clearly stated by the creator IN THE ART then sure. If not, that's fucking wrong, retard. If goya said that saturn devouring his son was actually an attempt to draw a sunflower, would it be a painting of a sunflower? There is no objectivity in art in any case whatsoever you fucking. mongoloid.
>>
>>322827090
key it is. And yes I am
>>
>>322824986
I can tell we're never going to come to an agreed conclusion on this one. So let me at least let me try to explain it better.

I generally hate it when people can't explain why they like something. "I like this because I like it" is the most retarded non-logic I can think of, it's senseless. But that's opinions, they are literally subjective, they can't be wrong. But it doesn't mean I have to respect them. I'd like to be believe most people do the same and actually use their brains.

If you can explain why you like something with a level of rationalization then you have formed a justification, and even if people don't agree with you, they get where you're coming from.

If a child says "I like Sonic cuz he goes fast", I'd think "Going fast to the point where you lack control isn't a well thought out system for a platformer with bottomless pits, games X, Y and Z do the genre better because you have more control over what you're doing."

Neither of us are "wrong", but I at least made some kind a case for my reasoning.

>But it's not as simple a case as 'he made it, everything he says about it is right'

Explain to me how that's not true. He MADE it, it is his, how can you say what is his is not? It is impossible for you to know it better than the person that made it.
>>
>>322826852
you have to use a firearm and shoot someone as they're doing the wind up for their attack

problem is, not every attack *can* be parried and the game doesn't do a great job telling you which ones can be. You have to "figure it out" aka, trial and error BS
>>
>>322827349
Not key kek
>>
>>322819270
usually around 80 since I don't go past that
>>
>>322825579
You're justifying head cannon.

You are creating your own reality and choosing to live it in.

You are delusional.
>>
>>322827189
And here's where you argument continuously falls apart. No fucking artist would say shit that never actually fucking happened.

>What if Lucas said that Obi-Wan never died after fighting Vader
>what if Bowser actually wasn't evil and has never tried to kill Mario
>>
>>322826308
I'm sorry bud, the prequels happened. It sucks, but it happened. Grow up and move on, stop living in your closed off bubble.
>>
>>322810959
Hurr durr using a basic element of the gameplay is cheating
>>
what the fuck did that caged nigger mean when he said "kos but some say kosm"? like what value does that fucking add.
>>
>>322827970
from a certain pint of view, Obi-wan didn't die
>>
>>322828170
His physical body died. Lucas could have come up with some bullshit about how force ghosts can regenerate their bodies, but that wouldn't change the fact that Obi-Wan did, in fact, perish, and Lucas would never claim otherwise.
>>
>>322826308
You are creating your own reality, and choosing to live in it.
>>
Ringan again watchdogbro
>>
>>322828329
he is just living on though the force. he traded one version of life for another

there is no death, there is the force
>>
>>322827464
I'm not asking you or saying it's good to respect opinion that in your opinion are baseless or that you disagree with. I know I don't. But at the same time, you have to acknowlege that you're not objectively correct. explaining an opinion doesn't make it more correct, but it generally makes for better discourse/conversation and helps explain your point of view. It just doesn't validate it moreso on any objective level if you catch my drift.

>Explain to me how that's not true. He MADE it, it is his, how can you say what is his is not? It is impossible for you to know it better than the person that made it.

He said that after it was made. That's what he believes, but it's not IN the art. It doesn't matter that he made it, when it's released it is what it is. The key here is boundries. He's not objectively correct, even if he made it and even if you agree with him. It was his when he was making it, but when it was finished it is no longer 'his'. There's no sense in prescribing someone with an arbitrary position of authority on a work of art when at the end of the day it's all down to interpretation.
>>
>>322810213
Use the music box to stun him.
He's weak to fire.
Parry.
>>
File: Vader1.jpg (82 KB, 992x951) Image search: [Google]
Vader1.jpg
82 KB, 992x951
>>322828170
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, OBI-WAN ISN'T DEAD!
>>
Sorry for dying bud. But my vit>>322828481
Im sorry for getting one shotted
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.