[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want an easy on the eyes game, that I can lose an evening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 669688-917995_20050607_001[1].jpg (256 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
669688-917995_20050607_001[1].jpg
256 KB, 1024x768
I just want an easy on the eyes game, that I can lose an evening to *sigh, I see a lot of turn-based strategies and I like that lazy slow type of game but all of them have the cartoonish bright rainbow art that can't make me take them seriously.

Is this the pewdiepie generation era, what the people want now
>>
>>322771392
>I see a lot of turn-based strategies and I like that lazy slow type of game but all of them have the cartoonish bright rainbow art that can't make me take them seriously

Really? What games are these.
>>
>>322771776
I should expand and say I looked not just at strategies but turn based games generally, but the strategy ones I looked at recently like Endless Legend, , King's Bounty, Age of Wonders, Chaos Reborn ... really put me off the way they look
>>
>>322771392
Fuck off retard, everyone is sick of grimdark brown and bloom.
>>
>>322772485
Fair enough, it's kind of to be expected in a fantasy game though right? Most of the ones you mention don't look too dissimilar to HoMM games.
>>
>>322772979
Also is the Knights of Honor screen mean to be an example of overly colourful games or not?
>>
File: 20101123115840.jpg (340 KB, 1024x750) Image search: [Google]
20101123115840.jpg
340 KB, 1024x750
>>322772485
I haven't noticed such a thing (besides, like >>322772979 says, in HoMM-esque high fantasy games).

I don't even dare to make normal suggestions because the pictured Knights of Honour certainly doesn't look like rainbows and puppies to me, but what about if you tried one of the numerous hex and counter wargames or something (look at Matrixgames or other wargaming publishers, not Steam)? They certainly shouldn't ruin your enjoyment with too happy and colourful presentation.
>>
>>322772485
Endless Legend looks fucking great, kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>*sigh
I was going to help you, too.
>>
>>322773279
Well I think not, right? To me it looks more serious.
>>322773615
Yes KoH was put up as an example of my type of game even if strickly speaking it isnt turn based
>>
>>322774146
Well I don't know then, looking at Endless Legend as one example I'd say it looks more washed out than Knights of Honor.

And aren't the units in KoH brightly coloured with their faction colour anyway?

I dunno man, I'm struggling to see exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>I want the colors dark, like my soul
>>
>>322772485
>Endless Legend, , King's Bounty
I get what you mean. There seems to be a bizarre idea going around that high fantasy has to mean super fucking bright and colourful.
>>
>>322774329
I think I'm just hanging on "bright colours" to say I dont like how those games look. I will rejoice when the new HOI comes out, and I like the style paradox games have.

I cant imerse myself in flashy styles
>>
>>322774974
Well, have a look at Unity of Command, it's good and it's on sale right now. I have no idea how you'll react to what it looks like though.
>>
>>322771392
go on miniclip

its not unblocked at my school.
>>
>>322775102
Ah yea I played Unity of Command, wonderful game. Its looks mask the dificulty that it has, and it doesnt go over the line, they pulled it off well, the game looks inviting and that is good cause it might be off putting if you presented it like hard core one
>>
>>322771392
Knights of honor kicked ass.
>>
>>322777218
Shame it was so easy.

Though if you put it on max difficulty every knight you hired being a spy was hilarious.
>>
>>322773615
I love Grigsby's War in the East, but I'm shit at it
>>
>>322777794
It wasnt that easy for me, the menagement of a big empire was really draining, did you conquer all of europe?
>>
>>322778304
Yeah, I played it endlessly when it came out.

Getting a spy elected pope was my crowning achievement.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.