[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thread one, during which the Anon is to become a treasuerd contributor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: gorod_chu_l_en.jpg (90 KB, 1100x440) Image search: [Google]
gorod_chu_l_en.jpg
90 KB, 1100x440
Thread one, during which the Anon is to become a treasuerd contributor instead of an unlawful shitposter.

Pathologic thread!
>>
File: Game-2011-01-30-01-08-17-26.jpg (89 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Game-2011-01-30-01-08-17-26.jpg
89 KB, 1680x1050
Summoning Vladeworth, while we're at it.
>>
>>322750675
One Vladeworth, coming right up.
>>
Currently playing Knock Knock in preparation of playing Pathologic. I'm getting pretty hyped. How close are Knock Knock and Pathologic in terms of atmosphere?
>>
>>322750795
Hell yeah motherfucker! Now tell us the tale of the treacherous Alfina and your ending of choice
>>
>>322750890
Pathologic is miles ahead of Knock Knock, though the atmosphere and the theme are definitely different. Pathologic is more... human, if you will.
>>
File: 5-04.Danko.jpg (120 KB, 726x581) Image search: [Google]
5-04.Danko.jpg
120 KB, 726x581
Threadly reminder Bachelor did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>322750923
Okay, don't have much time (soon I will start posting from my phone, so no trip will be shown), but let me try to put it in this way.

Timeline of events:

1. Two years ago I got the idea to make a LP out of Pathologic where I would be translating everything as I go.
2. I post this idea on /v/, get some positive feedback and also a question "Could you, possibly, try to translate it, instead?"
3. Got in touch with some code-bros who were kind enough to offer their support in cracking Pathologic dialogue files (still doesn't work all the way through, their coding is cryptic as fuck)
4. I start working, post my progress in my blog
5. Along the way I was looking for any traces of past members of dead translation attempts (there were 3, AFAIK)
6. Also sent couple of letters to IPL forum and Dybovskiy himself, no response whatsoever
7. Alphina calls me up, asks me for a piece of my translation, analyzes it and then says something like "you wouldn't like your translation go in vain?*wink-wink*" that shit was in some thread, I'm not making this up That was in 2014. Then she vanishes completely for an entire YEAR.
8. I offer my help numerous times to her (before Kickstarter campaign was even a thing)
9. She shows up in 2015 again and from what I understood, she wanted to take all my completed works and just paste it in game WITHOUT engaging me in the process any further. I say "no, it doesn't work this way. One doesn't take Vlad's work and just disposes of him afterwards".
10. Her response "Sorry, I can't offer you anything else. kthxbai"

That's the gist.

If you could keep this thread up for 5-6 hours, I could even show you some proof of our discussion with her.

I missed each and every one of you, guys. I hope that now more people are able to enjoy Pathologic than before. If so, then I'm happy!
>>
File: tiptopkek.jpg (61 KB, 630x664) Image search: [Google]
tiptopkek.jpg
61 KB, 630x664
Before I forget to post this again, tell me - how is this NOT the highest rated recomendation in Steam Store?

For bonus lulz look in the comments.
>>
>>322751758
Jesus christ, what a cunt. Honestly, I've played the game in Russian, but from the English name of achievements alone, I could tell I could do a better job translating it.
I'm a fellow russkie with a fresh translator/linguist degree if you're wondering, and I, too, want to work for videogames, so if you still worked on something, two is better than one, y'dig?

>>322752106
The translation is said to be mostly the same with minor tweaks and mandatory grammar/typo fixes, so the translation might've been true to the original all along, just very cryptic, and everyone thought it was the effect of the translation, not the original script.
>>
>>322751758
>>322752106
>>322752475
#IPLGate when?
>>
Vlad's pics when?

Also, give your power rankings of Pathologic characters!

Bachelor - best or worst?
>>
>>322753623
Bachelor the based torch bearer of progress and mind > Devotress the miracle out the ass worker > Haruspex the Cuck
>>
>>322751758
Is this all for real?

Who's Alphina? Ice Pick dev?
>>
>>322754420
She's the foreign community manager. Also a (terrible) artist.
>>
>>322754648
Why she involved in making Pathologic at all?
>>
>>322754703
Don't ask me, ask Vlade.
All I know about her involvement is her being in the credits under the "new translation" category.
>>
Hey, chums. Sorry for not being able to answer all your enquiries, I'll be home in 4-5 hours, right now I'm doing some work. I hope this thread will be alive by that time.
>>
>>322755253
Gimme your e-mail or something, please
>>
>>322754703
Apparently, she's the only one who can speak English in IPL office.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.