[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>today, we're very proud to announce that the premium
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Oculus-Rift-2.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Oculus-Rift-2.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>today, we're very proud to announce that the premium VR experience with Rift will be priced at just 599 USD.

JUST
>>
Nice source there.
>>
>>322723398
Don't need one it's already too obvious.
>>
I have screencapped this thread for posterity.
>>
for the low low price of just $249 more we will also be throwing in the Oculus Touch.
>>
Reminder that you need a $400 GPU just to run this
>>
$599 is WAY too much for the Rift, and I'm ready to throw $800 out there for the Vive.
>>
File: oculus-rift.gif (574 KB, 618x319) Image search: [Google]
oculus-rift.gif
574 KB, 618x319
>>322724276
Finally, someone who gets it. All signs point towards it being expensive as hell.

>premium build quality
>solid fabric enclosure
>integrated AMP, DAC, headphones, and microphone
>2 90 Hz CUSTOM high resolution global update panels
>2 custom hybrid fresnel lenses
>extra foam spacers/facial interfaces
>total 200-300 custom parts
>bundled XBOne controller
>bundled games
>premium carrying case
>great customer support
>Apple tier everything

Not to mention Palmer's own tweets emphasizing how expensive it'll be.
>>
>>322723032
>>322724743
I was ready to drop 1.2k on consumer VR.

I hope they keep it under $800, would give more room to budget for other hardware like peripherals made for certain types of games. like an onahole shaker
>>
>>322724940
That, and them not releasing the price outright. There would be no reason for them to wait if the price was reasonable.
>>
>>322725312
Yeah agreed. Added that point to my paste.
>>
So buy this or wait for the vive?
>>
>>322724743
Why? Vive isn't really substantially better than Oculus.
>>
>>322726210
vive if you want valve, htc, and the nsa looking at you

oculus if you want facebook, the illuminati, and the nsa looking at you
>>
>>322726210
Wait for reviews and then decide.

>>322726273
Not that poster, but Vive's tracking is much better and it's coming bundled with motion controls. They also have the big secret announcement that may turn out to be something good, we'll see Wednesday.
>>
>>322726321
What if I want both Valve, HTC, Facebook, and the Illuminati looking at me but don't have the money?
>>
>>322726574
have a steam account connected to facebook and upload videos of you making crude napalm out of styrofoam and acetone then setting it on fire while preaching that the NWO is coming and the people must rise up to fight against it.

Also research [REDACTED], you're sure to become a blip on some very special maps.
>>
>>322726787
Thanks m8 I already have a facebook and steam so this'll be easy and gud shit.
>>
>>322726273
What >>322726394 said.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.