[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Rank every 2015 game you played from best to worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: JohnOliver.jpg (63 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
JohnOliver.jpg
63 KB, 763x652
ITT: Rank every 2015 game you played from best to worst
>>
>>322718284
your mom
>>
>>322718284
done
>>
>>322718284
I have played exactly one 2015 game.
>>
1.Bloodborne
2.MGSV
3.Super Mario Maker
>>
>>322718284
Bloodborne
Pokemon super mystery dungeon
Rocket league = need for speed
Mgs 5
Witcher 3
>>
So, people do know that saying
"It's X year, for goodness sake!" isn't something new right?
>>
MGSV:TPP
Undertale
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hatred
>>
>>>/tv/
Stay out
>>
>>322719139
But the last two are basically the same game...
>>
witcher 3
bloodborne
soma
life is strange
ori and the blind forest
mgs 5
titan souls
fallout 4
beginners guide
AC syndicate
>>
undertale
>>
>>322719450
They're really not
>>
Mad Max
Mgs v

Say what you will about mad max, but it was great for easing out of the dissapointment after mgs v
>>
File: ksk_2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ksk_2.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Bloodborne
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance
Danganronapa tied with Undertale
Dynasty Warriors 8 XL
Fable 1
Rocket League
Killing floor 1
Tabletop Sim
FNAF
Dota 2 (I just cant stop)
Fable 3

Haven't finished tier:
Witcher 3
Warriors Ochi 3
KoTOR 1

Hard to compare to the rest but played this year:
Deus Ex GOTY
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
L4D2
CS:Source/GO
Battlefront 2 (To remember what it was like)
S&M:Warband

D-Do I have shit taste?
>>
>WWE 2K16
>Bloodborne
I've been playing way too little vidya this year
>>
I don't play video games.
>>
File: 1444787542424.gif (2 MB, 228x166) Image search: [Google]
1444787542424.gif
2 MB, 228x166
undertale
mgsv
>>
Bloodborne
Literally who cares
>>
>>322720243
I think they meant games from 2015, not games you played in 2015.
What makes Deus Ex hard to compare to the rest?
>>
>>322718284
Bloodborne
Transformers Devestation
Undertale
MGS5
>>
File: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
;;;;;;;;;;;;;.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Splatoon

pretty much the only good games this year
>>
Metal Gear Solid V,

That's it.
>>
>>322720649
>ITT: Rank every 2015 game you played from best to worst
Perhaps, but I played 2 or 3 from 2015? Deus Ex came out 16 years ago almost, it will never feel as fresh and fun (or at least not to degree) to someone playing it in 2015 than someone in the year 2000. It feels unfair to compare it to something new and sparkly like bloodborne.
>>
>>322720243
you hype for Samurai Warriors 4 empires this year m8?
>>
File: 1315237210598.jpg (3 KB, 109x126) Image search: [Google]
1315237210598.jpg
3 KB, 109x126
>>322718284
Crap, all of them? I'm not sure I can remember them all but lets try. In order we have:

Bloodborne
Splatoon
Heroes of the Storm
Life Is Strange
Rocket League
Witcher 3
Super Mario Maker
Undertale

I can't remember any other that were released this year that I played.
>>
>>322721095
I have not kept up with vidya this year. It does look good though. I hope the storyline is filled with cheesy DW 4esque cutscenes and drama.
>>
Tiers because it's easier than trying to rank them individually

>Top tier
Bloodborne
The Witcher 3
Trails in the Sky SC

>High tier
Undertale
Dark Souls 2 SotFS
Devil May Cry 4 SE
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PC port)

>Mid tier
Downwell
Onechanbara Z2 Chaos
Dragonball Xenoverse
Hand of Fate
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Little Battlers eXperience

>Shit tier
Akiba's Trip (PC port)

I might be forgetting some. I've played more older games than actual 2015 games this year though. Well, it works out like that most years.
>>
>>322721698

Oh yeah, and Transformers Devastation in high tier. I somehow forgot to list it even though I was just playing it before going on /v/.
>>
>>322721179
Can I ask why you didn't like the witcher? I just got past the baron crap and at the second hardest difficulty the combat is starting to get on my nerves.

What about undertale?
>>
File: 1449103634507.jpg (645 KB, 1568x867) Image search: [Google]
1449103634507.jpg
645 KB, 1568x867
>>322718284
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. Undertale
3. Splatoon
4. Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>322718284
1. Undertale

And that's it. I'm not even joking.
>>
1. Undertale
2. Xenoblade X
3. Monster Hunter X
4. Chaos;Child
5. Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution
6. Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution
7. IA/VT Colorful
8. Project Mirai DX
9. Steins;Gate 0
10. Xenoblade 3D
>>
File: 1407258550370.jpg (69 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
1407258550370.jpg
69 KB, 800x770
>>322721983
Witcher 3 isn't bad. I just didn't have as much fun with it because the weakest parts of it were also a very large part of the game loop.

To phrase that differently... Witcher 3 is a large open world game right? Lots to do, lots to see. Other games like this are TES or even GTA.

Problem with Witcher 3 was: Combat was shit and crafting felt bad.

Combat was your primary way of interacting with most of the world. You could only really interact with NPCs in two ways: Talk to them, with pretty sparse dialog trees, or kill them. When the combat happens so regularly, and it's bad, that effects the overall game.

As for crafting, I felt it was weird that there were literally hundreds of plants and materials everywhere, but once you crafted an item once, you didn't need to craft it again. If something took 3 flowers, what do I do with the 700 other flowers I have? Also, the fact that there were 700 -different types- of flowers meant that when I wanted to craft a -specific- thing, I very rarely just happened to have the materials on hand.

Don't get me wrong. Story, writing and characters were great. I really liked all of them, the bad combat just dragged it down below the other games I put above it. Still a good game and would have been higher in many other recent years.

As for Undertale? I guess I'm just not 13.
>Humor falls completely flat on an adult.
>Bad writing, bad atmosphere, bad graphics, bland characters.
>Decent music I suppose for the 8bit stuff.
>Player character has extremely poor motivations
>The shmup combat was the biggest positive, but the pacing was done poorly. Decently done until near the end of the game where it uncharacteristically ramped up, catching players by surprise.

I guess I just see it as "#DeepForMiddleSchoolers" and I'm just not a middle schoolers.

>Oh right, and a final boss that employs -fucking meme faces-. /dropped
>>
>>322722761
Have you played the new GTA? I have not yet but I feel that I might enjoy it.

I enjoyed the thought put into under', some of the other parts were lacking. I thought it was a nice game that's worth a play through, but GOTYGOTY not so much. Definitely better than some of the flavors of the month though.

Thanks for your opinion lad
>>
>>322723957
I haven't played the latest GTA. I was more thinking of like...

San Andreas is a shooter, kinda, but it's a huge open world thing so it makes sense that it's shooting mechanics aren't as fine tuned as, say, Gears of War, which is 100% a shooter.

For the same reasoning, Witcher 3's combat being shit compared to say, Bloodborne, is a bit excusable. Bloodborne is all about the combat, Witcher 3 isn't.

As for undertale, it -was- nice that there was actually different content based around doing different things. It could have been supremely lazy, but given how easy it is to add content to a game when there is literally nothing in the way of audio or visual requirements, it scraped by with "passable".

It wasn't hugely offensive, I just went through the whole thing with a bland relatively bored relation to the whole thing and when I was done I had absolutely no desire to play it again.
>>
File: CX8QAhBWYAAQyAf.jpg (66 KB, 600x617) Image search: [Google]
CX8QAhBWYAAQyAf.jpg
66 KB, 600x617
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.