[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Lords of the Fallen fall flat, /v/? This game is fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: lords.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
lords.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
Why did Lords of the Fallen fall flat, /v/?

This game is fun as hell, and it's definitely more challenging than any souls title.
>>
To be completely honest, if it had had a character creator I would have bought it. Was it really that shitty?
>>
Too short, slow, and easy.
>>
Sounds like they just wanted to make a cash grab game then. Wonder how that worked out for them?
>>
>>322714241
Lords of the Meme was only noteworthy for it unable ot be pirated immediatly after release.
>>
>>322714241
all denuvo games sold like shit.... i wonder why
piracy is good publicity
>>
File: souls.jpg (285 KB, 1893x971) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
285 KB, 1893x971
>>
Straight up trash, definition of shovelware
>>
>>322715993
this

sole reason why I will never fuck with it.
>>
>>322714241
>it's definitely more challenging than any souls title.

Not really. Only thing harder about it is that anything that isn't daggers or fist weapons is slow as shit. Bosses and enemies are easy until the end, at which point the humans that have been cowering in their tower from the Rhogar turn out to have ten times as much health and deal ten times as much damage as them.
>>
>>322715993
>>322718625
What makes it weirder is that the main character ain't really even there. He's a prisioner that got tattooed up to show his crimes, but it's not like he's some richly defined character with an intriguing backstory. You don't find out shit about him throughout the game. If they did have a character creator, nothing about the story would change at all.
>>
>>322714241
It was the high start-up on rolls that turned most people off. Personally, I liked how breakable the gem system was.
>>
No marketting because it wasn't an AAA game
Got shit on for attempting to be souls-like(even though it didn't) and then "failing"
No word of mouth because no piracy
Generic McHuge Spezz Muhreen main character
Uninspired art design

All that said, i liked it and if there's a second one i'll probably buy it.
>>
>>322719171

Except for the DLC, i didn't like the DLC, the DLC was a fucking scam.
>>
>>322714241
>and it's definitely more challenging than any souls title
thats objectively not true
i dont think the game was bad. i liked to play as a big guy and combat felt heavy which was fun but bossfights were ridiculously boring and uninteresting the stats system was interesting but completely broken since you just needed to go heavy armor with fast weapon to easily tank the biggest enemys and the level design was .. i dunno, i mean it tried to emulate the interconnectivity of dark souls but it basicly were just some crossroads connected on the horizontal level.
its a decent budget title to play a souls-like alternative but nobody will ever miss out on anything by not playing it ever.
>>
>>322719171
>even though it didn't

It undeniably fucking did, the creators were fans.

There's nothing wrong with that at all though. Especially if "souls-like" games end up getting made by more competent devs. The atmosphere will never match the originals but if the gameplay is enaging and challenging, that doesn't matter as much.

Game was just too short, too linear, had too much backtracking and honestly was too easy. They did a good job making the hits feel powerful, but at the cost of your cartoonish WH40K man rolling like a sack of bricks. Rogue was really uncompelling in this. Also have to say the bosses are pretty unmemorable and none took me more than 2 tries, their patterns felt too much like patterns.

The EXP reward vs. risk gimmick was great, though. So was the music.

They should definitely give it another shot, take longer to develop and hire a better artist/writer and it will be worth the buy
>>
File: 1419018542787.gif (79 KB, 601x602) Image search: [Google]
1419018542787.gif
79 KB, 601x602
>>322714241
>>
>>322720116

It had checkpoints, big whoop, dark souls didn't invent checkpoints, or an universal currency. So how did it attempt to be souls like? With the bloodstain mechanic? The combat and gameplay was nothing like the souls games either.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.