[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think GTA games will ever have TECHNOLOGY again? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (78 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg
78 KB, 256x320
Do you think GTA games will ever have TECHNOLOGY again?

Why did GTA V have to neuter all the physics and cool shit from IV?
>>
GTAV had different technology stuff like flip flops that work like flip flops
>>
>>322712672
>Why did GTA V have to neuter all the physics and cool shit from IV?

because consoles. how else would they acheive a much larger, more detailed city than GTA4 on the same console hardware??

dumb peasants are holding back games
>>
>>322712672
>Why did GTA V have to neuter all the physics and cool shit from IV?

to shoehorn in an online mode to sell shark cards. gta 6 will be full online mmo. rip in peace.
>>
>>322713318
>reddit actually believes this
>>
>>322713842
sorry you are too dumb to realize physics use up processing power. im also sorry that you are too dumb to think of a valid argument, so you just yell "reddit" like an autistrespond without using reddit
>>
>>322712672
Who gives a shit about technology when the driving, gunplay, and art direction were all 10x better in V?
>>
>>322712672
The physics are exactly the same.
GTA IV Feels dated compared to GTA V
>>
>>322713842

>am I fitting in yet guys?

literally and figuratively reddit
>>
>>322716585
driving is debatable but you're full of shit if you think the gunplay is better in V

>can't shoot weapons out of enemies' hands
>weapon wheel is a massive fucking pain in the ass to navigate (ESPECIALLY with a mouse) and can often end up getting you killed because you have to scroll through dozens of shit guns to get to the one you want
>gunfire sounds are really weak and lame compared to IV
>basically no difference in NPC AI skill so inbred Blaine County methheads can shoot your head off through the back of an RV just as easily as a N.O.O.S.E. sniper
>>
>>322714163
Sure, Rockstar should just make the next game for 1% of people who own super computers instead of everyone.
>>
>>322718061
>dozens of shit guns to get to the one you want
Protip, you have the ability to drop the shit guns so you aren't carrying them around.
>>
>>322718061
The weapon wheel is balls easy to navigate. Oh wait you use a mouse and keyboard.
Plug in a controller
>>
File: 1450473372431.png (1 MB, 1731x969) Image search: [Google]
1450473372431.png
1 MB, 1731x969
>tfw they didn't get rid of smashing through the windshield and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>322718061
Yes the gunplay and overall gameplay is miles better in V
>>
>>322712672
it chose quantity over quality
>>
>>322718989
Pretty sure it doesn't stay in SP. It definitely doesn't in GTA:O.
>>
gta iv didn't do a lot of things right but rockstar did not have to go in a different direction. they removed the horrible character heaviness which is good but why completely tone down the physics when driving a car? it wasn't perfect in iv but it only needed tweaking not a complete overhaul

tbqh with gta v rockstar made a game that is aimed a lot more towards the lowest common denominator so i stopped giving a fuck since that's not me. i just hope they don't fuck up the next red dead/max payne or la noire sequel
>>
GTA4 lead platform: 360

GTA5 lead platform: PS3

Consoles aren't holding games pack. Sony is.
>>
>>322720934
Pretty much everyone prefers arcade driving to realism for gta. Rockstar made the right move on that one imo because I really hated gta iv driving.
>>
>>322720934
They got rid of the "heaviness" but the player controls/movement feel just as clunky as before, if not more so. I'm not a fan of how you ragdoll and land head first after falling three feet, either.
>>
File: 2015-10-03 03.12.50.jpg (105 KB, 497x335) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-03 03.12.50.jpg
105 KB, 497x335
>people complain that GTAIV is too realistic and boring compared to its predecessors
>they make the next game more vibrant and fun like the predecessors
>people now complain its not like GTAIV now

What the hell you you fags want
>>
>>322721907
>pleasing people
good luck
>>
>>322718697
Apart from clearly not understanding how many PC's are more powerful than the current batch of consoles, you're also missing the other point.

GTAV was limited by what was possible on the 360 and PS3.
If the last gen ports hadn't of existed and therefore there was no reason to hold anything back to those levels, the game would have been better.
>>
>>322721582
lack of physics is what makes gta 5 less challenging, less intense and less fun imo. and that goes for both sp and mp

anyone who played and enjoyed cops n crooks in gta 4 knows what i'm talking about. closest thing we had to the movie heat

even shooting from cars/at cars was more fun because it wasn't as easy to kill somebody sitting in them
>>
Euphoria is a hilarious engine but at the same time, is it really necessary that to turn around, I have to do a semicircle every time?
>>
It's pretty dumb that you can flip a car back on its wheels in 5.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.