[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: How you would troll the players of your game >Amazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: evil plan.jpg (36 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
evil plan.jpg
36 KB, 400x310
ITT: How you would troll the players of your game

>Amazing last boss battle
>After the battle player realize it wasn't the last boss at all and he's still far from finishing the game
>>
>>322638469
>place cutscene infront of boss battle
>save before cutscene
At this point ANY dev should understand that this is retarded.
>>
Spend 4-5 years making what could be the greatest game of our generation but leave it half finished but make the most baller trailers ever conceived for video games.

Oh also youre not Big Boss
>>
>>322638804
Fuck you man, I haven't gotten the game yet
>>
File: nin.gif (711 B, 38x66) Image search: [Google]
nin.gif
711 B, 38x66
>>322638469
When your RPG hero attacks a monster, the damage dealt to the monster is the monster's health * .90 +1. /////it slowly can not die
>>
Nothing too big that will jeapordize the popularity of it. Most likely make one of the hardest side quests in the game the least rewarding, treasure wise. That way the player can at least bask in the achievement of having beaten it.
>>
File: 1448097901022.jpg (13 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1448097901022.jpg
13 KB, 255x255
>you play as the final boss
>>
>>322638469
That's a dumb way to troll. "oh gee more content, this sucks"
>>
File: 1439601567287.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1439601567287.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
Write the two most beloved characters possible
Have one of them betray you by killing the other
You never see that character again in the game and its plot goes unresolved
Constant mentions of the character fucking shit up and hints that it's being a dick and huge villain
No sequel
>>
>>322639006
If it's .90 +1 then the monster can die when its health drops to ~1.
>>
>make the real final boss not appear unless you drag an obviously gimped party member with you all game

>put an item on top of some cliff you can see
>cant reach it in any way

>make the player unequip his weapons at random, even during fights

>have a boss that is ridiculously easy
>you lose if you beat him too fast

It'd be fun developing games I think
>>
>>322639882
you can't math
>>
Boss fights where you can get the enemy down to 1% health, but for the story's sake he then defeats you afterwards and the game continues.
>>
>>322640104
Look at this retard
>>
Give the player a summon skill where one particular summon attacks you instead
>>
>make a collect-a-thon game like Banjo Kazooie
>spend a shit ton of money on the last item being simply unaccessable (including glitches) even though that jump should be just in the reach of the player
>watch autists kill themselves over not getting the last 0.01% for their 100% completion
>>
>Make optional side quests necessary to finish the game

Fuck you MGS5. I just want to finish the fucking game but main quests wont show up until I complete a bunch of "destroy sameguy unit#9786". I have done shit loads of those and now i just want to finish the fucking game
>>
>Every chest is a mimic
>>
>>322638469
Kid Icarus Uprising did that.
>>
>>322638469
>>322641502

So did Pokemon Gold/Silver. And Mario 3D Land, to a lesser extent.
>>
I am working on a game, and I've incorporated a few "glitches" into it on purpose. Encountering all of them is the only way to get into a secret level.

:shh:
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.