[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should I manage a merchant republic vassal? I like to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: they mad.jpg (185 KB, 553x619) Image search: [Google]
they mad.jpg
185 KB, 553x619
How should I manage a merchant republic vassal?

I like to have all counts vassalized under the duke and clearly giving a single duke 3 counties is not the best idea (is this true for grand mayors?), but I'm at a loss as to who I should give these counties to without giving his vassals the -30 wrong government type.

I could promote one mayor from the province to a duke but the other country has nothing built there.
>>
File: cucked again.jpg (208 KB, 549x769) Image search: [Google]
cucked again.jpg
208 KB, 549x769
>>
>>322627405
>the trial in that pic really happened.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

Fucking crazy popes.
>>
>>322628693

Funnily the timeline is about the same as where my game was at the time, and the circumstances similar, i.e, popes dropping like flies
>>
>>322627405
Just make him a single county duke and grant the counts to another duke as vassals, easy peasy. He'll be making money without vassals no problem and still be paying you lots.
>>
>>322627405
I actually tend to play as a Merchant Republic that's a vassal to someone else, it's REALLY fun.
>>
File: emperor.jpg (297 KB, 1037x701) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
297 KB, 1037x701
>>322629463

I like having my de jure duchies all held by their correct dukes.

>Fucking Viscaya
>>
File: 2015-07-24_00002.jpg (684 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-24_00002.jpg
684 KB, 1920x1080
>>322628594
seduction really is broken
>>322627405
your fine just giving them a duchy and letting them take care of it themselves, any rebellion is going to get doshed into the ground
>>
>>322629797
>I like having my de jure duchies all held by their correct dukes.
I know that feel anon, but it's not a good idea to make a large and strong kike vassal. He's going to start expanding on some random shoreline somewhere and fuck you over a lot. He's going to be making you money regardless, so keeping him week is a great way to just get extra cash. Don't have more than 1 though, that's bad for business, you should also shovel some money at him so he can upgrade his mansion and build trade posts.
>>
>>322630023
All things considered, if you are creating a merchant republic vassal, you are on your way to be an Emperor of something anyway so I doubt one duke is going to matter much.
>>
>>322630497
It's annoying having to deal with him if he steps out of line.
>>
File: loot.jpg (53 KB, 269x315) Image search: [Google]
loot.jpg
53 KB, 269x315
>>322629463
>>322629898
>>322630023

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to just make a merchant duke in the county I can and transfer his vassalage, and hold the other county for now (Infa).

>>322630497
Yeah he has about 330 troop levies compared to my 18k.

I'm currently in the process of taking England/Pictland (already hold Ireland) so I guess I'll focus on that for a while while trying to weaken Mali.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.