[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3 9150/ >It is a time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: sq.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
sq.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

>It is a time of war. Galbadia, a Global Superpower, has declared war on Dollet, a country whose training academy is home to two personalities: the hot-headed Seifer and the 'lone wolf', Squall Leonhart. Both are equally at conflict with each other as their country is with Galbadia; to others, Squall appears lacking in team spirit, while Seifer lacks the discipline of his rival. However, a chance encounter with the free-spirited Rinoa Heartilly turns Squall's universe upside down; having thrived on discipline, Squall find the carefree Rinoa fascinating. He also begins to dream that he is Laguna Loire, a Galbadian army soldier…
>>
>tfw no Seifer as permanent party member
>>
What in the actual fuck.
>>
File: 1449504640023.png (165 KB, 633x900) Image search: [Google]
1449504640023.png
165 KB, 633x900
>>322616362

PCFAGS THIS MEANS NOTHING

FFXV AND FF7R ARE STILL NEVER EVER COMING TO PC LOL
>>
FF8 was released on PC like six months after it was released on Playstation. This isn't exactly news.
>>
FFVIII 50% off and all those cheat functions included? What a steal
>>
What the fuck am I looking at?

This hit Steam over a year ago.
>>
WE'RE STEALING YOUR 17 YEAR OLD GAMES SONYGGERS THANKS FOR BETA TESTING
>>
Added Chocobos that weren't in the original game?
>>
>>322616362
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

They are selling ffs with cheat modes built in?

WTF are they doing? part of ff8 is the fact you get limited gil (as its a wage) so you need to be wise in how you spend it
>>
What is this Chocobo World thing? Is it a minigame that you can get stuff in the main game from?
>>
>>322618405
>limited gil
run around and get them automatic
get more gil periodicly by solving questiong
>wise spending
in a FF game
>>
>>322618679

Its how the chocobos work in FF8, can't tell you much about it since back on the PS1 the chocobo game was relegated to a UMD dreamcast type memory card that never made it stateside.
>>
Hopefully this doesn't have the same problems that the FFVII Steam release initially had on launch. I'm already replaying FFVII, but if this version's good I might end up getting it for a quick run. It's been a long time since I've played it.
>>
>>322618405

Gil doesn't even fucking matter in FF8, there's nothing good to spend it on since the game has barely any equipment (only four weapons per character, no armor or accessories).
>>
>>322619872
This. Once you buy enough Tents to refine a bunch of Curagas from, you don't need to spend anything more than pocket change on the occasional weapon upgrade ever again. There is that one Jew in Shumi Village that charges you to draw Ultima spells, but fuck him. Just go to the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell instead.
>>
>>322616362
That sounds fucking stupid and more like a slice of life academy anime
>>
File: penis.png (162 KB, 312x431) Image search: [Google]
penis.png
162 KB, 312x431
>>322620473
jesus christ i know /v/ is filled with dumb 10 year old redditors but come on
>>
File: 1451300668991.gif (415 KB, 307x277) Image search: [Google]
1451300668991.gif
415 KB, 307x277
>>322617191
>Being in this much denial.
>>
wait I thought 9 was the new addition

wasn't 8 always on steam?
>>
>>322622023
Yes. 9 is coming to PC soon.
>>
>>322616362
That has been on steam (and on PC for many years) for a while. What´s your point?
>>
File: 1447447243945.png (4 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1447447243945.png
4 KB, 206x237
That description isn't even accurate
>>
>spoiling all the cool cutscenes in the trailer
lol?

Also those cheats, how casual. Magic takes no time at all to get. People being too stupid to play around with the game system isn't a problem of Square's, its a problem with the average intelligence of people being low

How hard is it to look at your GF abilities, read the description for card refine and item refine and then try them out? WOAH ALL THE MAGIC WITH NONE OF THE GRINDING WOAH IF ONLY ID USED MY BRAIN
>>
>>322616362
>It is a time of war. Galbadia, a Global Superpower, has declared war on Dollet, a country whose training academy is home to two personalities: the hot-headed Seifer and the 'lone wolf', Squall Leonhart

I thought Balamb was a separate nation from Dollet
>>
>>322616362

That's the most retarded summary of FF8 I think I've ever read.

It makes it out as this cringey soap-story. Which isn't too far from the truth, but Jesus Christ, sell to your strengths faggots.
>>
>>322624685

Dollet has nothing to do with Balamb. Blamab had it's own little port-town.

The ironing is that from a map-perspective Dollet is actually in Galbadia, but stands independent.

It makes sense for them to take it first, but saying that it has any relation to Balamb is retarded.
>>
>>322622168
How soon is soon? And they better add something to make the combat go faster, if they do this FFIX will be the best FF for me. Not just the best, THE FUCKING GREATEST NIGGA.
>>
>>322622626
>with none of the grinding
It's literally just a different form of grinding, you still need to get the shit to refine it
>>
>>322616692
I love how Seifer suffers no repercussions after stealing, backstabbing, kidnapping and committing genocide.
>>
>>322625637
Dont you kill him?
Wait he just runs away after resurrecting Adel, that's right
>>
>all these retards missing the point

The summary if the game is completely wrong, you idiots. That's all OP was trying to point out.

Jesus Christ you people are stupid.
>>
>>322625823
It's almost like it's trying not to spoil the game's dumbshit plot
>>
>>322625823

What do you mean? 90% of the posts ITT are about how wrong the summary is.
>>
>>322625823
Uh no ? Besides associating Balamb with Dollett, I see no other mistake there.
>>
>>322625637
He just wanted to chill with that hot piece of autistic ass and his nigger sidekick.
>>
>>322625631
>pass shop
>buy items
>refine them
WOAH SECONDS OF GRINDING SENPAI
>>
>>322626102
>refine
>buy more
>refine
>run out of gil
>do seed test until you can't due to your level
>grind out a level or two
>buy more shit
Stop being fucking stupid, it's a shit system all around and pretending that you're a good player for reading a FAQ is retarded
>>
>>322626347
>run out of gil
>FF8
>run out of gil
>FFVIII
>run out
>of gil

>he needs an FAQ to figure out how to read the GF ability screen

wew lad
>>
>>322626347
>final fantasy
>running out of gil
>>
>>322617191
As if we even want those to begin with.
>>
>>322626509
Fucking obtuse retard
Why would you refine anything into a flare stone if you didn't know you could refine a flare stone into flares
Hell why would you even learn forbidden magic refine if you're 12 years old
It literally says it's forbidden
>>
The first mission with giant robo spider was awesome
>>
File: taddeicropped_698678.jpg (17 KB, 218x298) Image search: [Google]
taddeicropped_698678.jpg
17 KB, 218x298
>>322626082
>>
>>322626702
>not wanting to learn forbidden magic when you were 12 years old
I bet you never tried to spy on the girls locker room either.
>>
-no analogue movement - very annoying 4 direction movements iwth annoying aimation phase skips, Square could have done a little bit reversing to hack in analogue mvement. Controls are really bad without that.
-no filtering for backgrounds - everything is pixelated as hell, them managed to hack in MICROTRANSACTIONS and Achievements via renderer, but was lazy to do add some bilinear filtering or post effect scanlines and gauss filter.
-no high quallity cut-scene - somehow they managed to blur original videos that was way sharper and detailed
-no HQ music - bad midi that sounds way worse than on PS1, they could have actually make an orchestrated remastering of original music for this release
-no proper widescreen support - just a stretched screent
-no proper gamepad support - launcher does not support gamepad input, when game just started you have to press x on keyboard before you can use gamepad, all buttons messed up by default, not xbox 360 controller UI was patched it, hell lot of buttons stil displayed as NONE
>>
>>322616362

>he links the only bad pre-XIII final fantasy

t-thanks
>>
>>322627091
X is worse.
>>
>>322627091
2 is trash too
>>
File: yuck.png (128 KB, 270x321) Image search: [Google]
yuck.png
128 KB, 270x321
>talking about gil
>in final fantasy viii thread
>>
File: 1451080635403.jpg (82 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1451080635403.jpg
82 KB, 920x900
>>322617191
Oh man, PCucks got the shitty FF and now they're false flagging.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.