[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefront
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: battlefront.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
>looks and sounds JUST like star wars
>impeccable graphics and sound design
>fuck up EVERYTHING else

what went wrong?
>>
File: importance.jpg (32 KB, 1156x58) Image search: [Google]
importance.jpg
32 KB, 1156x58
>>322598395

This happened.
>>
>>322598853
there's nothing like x>y, it's better to find the right balance
>>
>>322598395
What went wrong is that its a movie tie-in game not a 'star wars' game
>>
>>322599182
fucking hell, this. Not one thing goes above another, you need to have them all go together.
>>
>>322598395
>looks and sounds JUST like star wars
if your a casual sure but anyone who actually watched the movies know they got almost everything wrong besides the sound effects music and locations and props
>>
>>322599597
>Those hero and villain voices
what the fucking hell.
>>
>>322599453
Even in games with 'bad' graphics like Cave Story, it still looks nice and has great atmosphere even if it isn't 'muh realism'
>>
>>322599453
i mean, you can push for an aspect over another depending on the title and genre (for example, you can decide to make a stealth game and ,instead of giving the player wallhacks like mgsv or dishonored, decide to focus on sound design to locate enemy through your ears), but saying x>y for all instances is pretty idiotic
>>
>>322599675
>just the heroes and villains
its more then that, the storm troopers and rebels sound NOTHING like rebels and storm troopers. in all other media they have a specific way of talking you would never hear a rebel screaming taking heavy fire, I guess EA never got the memo every other star wars game did

basically it boils down to they sound nothing like troopers and rebels and their dialogue sounds like battlefield with some changes to sound sci-fi
>>
>>322598395
>mate brings it over
>load it up
>'oh cool, a demo while we wait for it to install'
>you are invincible
>you have an infinite number of allies who can easily take on any number of enemies
It was at that moment I realized the game was utter shit.
>>
>>322599675
>The things I do for that princess.

Still enjoying it though, it's good mindless fun.
>>
>>322599820
Yeah but Cave Story doesn't have 'bad' graphics, you dongle; it has 'simple' graphics.
>>
>>322599597
>it gets minor autistic details wrong

I bet you're the kind of faggot who didn't like force awakens because we didn't know the geopolitical state of the galaxy and the inner workings of the republic senate
>>
>>322598395
They didnt just copy and paste battlefront 2 game modes and basic features
>>
>>322599675
What I don't understand is why they didn't just hire them. They ALMOST got James Earl Jones to voice Vader in a promo DLC for ME3 (to show off they got the license, and no, I'm actually serious, they really were a signing away from Darth Vader as a squadmate), but Jones backed out when he found out it wasn't Star Wars.
>>
>>322600176
>minor thing
>that every other star wars media got right
I am pointing out EAs lack of care, like how they have tie fighters on hoth or load outs for storm troopers. Is it so hard to just sit down and watch 3 films?
it would be fine if they were the first guys to do this but no we have dozens of games and 2 shows that get the dialogue close enough.
>>
>>322600324
Holy shit, well I think they got Jango Fett to voice Boba Fett in the game at least.
>>
>>322600324
How the fuck would that have even worked? The guy is a no bullshit edgelord who's entirely melee. He would've been like the worse squadmate ever.
>>
>>322600028
>getting mad you can't die in the tutorial

you must be real fun at parties
>>
>>322600705
You do realize in most tutorials you can still die?

Also, it isnt even a tutorial, there is a tutorial for new players that you can do once you actually start the game up.

Its just evidence of how much of a casual turd the game is
>>
>>322600802
Different guy but it's really not and you're a retard.

I hate the game too but you're literally judging the entire thing based on a loading screen game.
>>
>>322600802
>You do realize in most tutorials you can still die?
such as?
>>
>could not even get the battle of hoth right when it was the games major selling point.
there was a reason we did not see tie fighters on hoth you fucking retards it was literally said right before the battle
>>
>>322598395
>what went wrong?

Intentional 13+ (or 16+ in Europe, but rating are not enforced in Europe) rating and gameplay ajusted to cater to any potential 13 year olds.. Combine that with the push to release the game in time for the film release, and you're left with a game intentionally kept simple so your nephew can enjoy the full experience as well, even the aerial combat and intentionally pushed to release quickly with just a few maps, so that there will be DLC for months and months to come.

I might buy some all-in-one deal next Christmas when they have it on sale or something.. I got BF4 premium edition Christmas 2014 for like $30,-. Hoping that something similar will happen to Battlefront.
>>
>>322600895
Its one impression that is continuously reinforced by everything in the game.

Its a casual turd that holds your hand for everything.

>>322600905
Literally 99% of all games with tutorials

Holy shit even BF and CoD have tutorials with fail states, how new are you?
>>
>>322601076
>Its one impression that is continuously reinforced by everything in the game
apart from the fact that the complaints you made aren't present in the actual game? you're not invincible and you don't have limitless invincible allies either.

you are super fuckin' stupid
>>
>>322601076
>Literally 99% of all games with tutorials

Such as? I'm interested now..

>Holy shit even BF and CoD have tutorials with fail states

Fail states, yes.. But that was mostly along the lines of ´throw grenade wrong way´ or ´expend all ammo at the range without hitting the target´.. Actually dying in tutorials isn´t that common.
>>
>>322601216
>hurrr an impression is only based off a single thing and its representative of many issues!
No anon, you are literally retarded.

>>322601290
So you literally just dont play video games.

Thats just fucking sad, why do you even post here. Thats rhetorical by the way, I wont even bother reading what shitty attempt at saving face you come up with next.
>>
File: tumblr_nzw1p2e6451r3srs9o1_1280.gif (286 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzw1p2e6451r3srs9o1_1280.gif
286 KB, 1000x706
>>322598395
pretty much same as ep 7
>>
>>322601359
>no argument
>just personal insults and wah im not going to read your reply anyway
jesus how old are you

accept that you were wrong like a man and move the fuck on
>>
>>322601290
If it's 99%, name one.
>>
>be autistic
>play demo
>can't die
>shit game
>>
File: office1.jpg (473 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
office1.jpg
473 KB, 1280x720
>Amazing amount of depth
>Incredibly variety of classes that each play differently
>Game is basically a fighting game (jedi/sith) and a FPS (every other class) mixed into a single game
>Lots of content (can play as practically every character in the movies and even some EU characters, maps from both the prequels and OT)
>But graphics look like shit

Why can't there be a star wars game with the depth of movie battles 2 but the graphics of battlefront? How hard can it be?
>>
>>322601437
He's not wrong though, it's annoying that the entirety of /v/ always needs to be spoon-fed examples every time someone makes a claim "blah blah burden of proof" - you can fucking Google it yourself don't make us do it for you.
>>
>>322602328
he is wrong (and a huge retard) for trying to call the game shit based on a loading screen demo instead of based on the myriad actual flaws with which it is riddled
>>
>>322602537
Okay I can't deny that
>>
>>322601431
I knew there'd be one person who wanted to be the special snowflake and hate everything.
>>
>>322602328
Except when you present an argument the burden of proof IS on you. If you can't be assed to back up your own claims, then fuck off. Especially when they're bullshit. That's how the world works.

Game sucks but you're still wrong.
>>
>>322598395
EfuckingA
>>
battlefield: star wars is my favourite battlefield game
>>
>>322601359
>So you literally just dont play video games.

I do. I just don´t remember dying in a tutorial, ever.
>>
>>322598395

The problem is that there are people who are willing to pay up to 100+$ for a videogame. EA knows that and they take advantage of them by splitting games into DLCs with very little content.

This game could have been rich af from the very beginning and still make an amazing profit. But since some people are sheep, why not split it into small portions and make more moneys instead?
>>
>>322602328
>He's not wrong though, it's annoying that the entirety of /v/ always needs to be spoon-fed examples every time someone makes a claim "blah blah burden of proof" -

If you make a claim, you should support it or face ridicule.. It works like that everywhere, even on /v/..

> - you can fucking Google it yourself don't make us do it for you.

Don't claim things if you don't want to support them. Especially not stupid shit...
>>
>>322598395
>hurr lets make a multiplayer game where running and shooting the enemy are the only form of interaction
why would anyone play that for longer than 10 minutes
>>
>>322602761
Fuck off with your Mary sue bullshit.
>>
>>322601694
Stop shilling this turd.
>>
>>322602761
no, the movie is a piece of shit and so are you
>>
>>322598395

>try to make a game equally fitting for 8 to 28 year old people
>EIGHT
>TWENTY EIGHT

And they completely nailed it
The game is perfectly playable for the 8 year old degenerate, the 15 year old
>look my kdr is 50:5
kiddie, and the 25+ wageslave who wants to play for 30 minutes a week.

The only people who don't want this are people who have gaming as an actual hobby.
>>
>>322603180

They don't want you to play it longer than that though
They want you to buy for full price, get hyped about
>amazing DLC content will finally put something more into your game
and then drop it like a turd in favor of their next overmarketed title.
>>
>>322598395
can I battle in space and go from one space ship to the other by destroying the shield generator?
>>
>>322598395
Sweden
>>
File: 1443239403687.jpg (97 KB, 872x685) Image search: [Google]
1443239403687.jpg
97 KB, 872x685
>go all out on sound
>DON'T GET JAMES EARL JONES FOR VADER
>GET THE SHITTIEST LUKE POSSIBLE

seriously why
>>
>>322598395
>no single-player content
>no local multi
>Heroes and vehicles both confined to random pick ups instead of being something that you either earn in some way or something that you find on the map independent of some random pickup
>no prequel trilogy content
>no sequel trilogy content before the Jakku DLC map
>no character classes
>balanced primarily around first-person
>>
>>322607053
>DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU
-Luke Skywalker
>>
and the game still reportedly sold 12 million units
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.