[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I doing something wrong? Do I really have to grind for 5 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Am I doing something wrong? Do I really have to grind for 5 hours before starting Chapter 4?
>>
You shouldn't need to grind much at all, just take a bunch of missions at a time and you'll auto-complete certain ones just by exploring/killing stuff.
>>
>>322581523

If you ever grind in this game you're doing something wrong, yes.
>>
>>322581523

If anything, the problem with this game is that it's hard to keep your levels LOW enough. You should never be in a situation where you actually have to grind.
>>
>>322582732
I had to grind 27-30 before being able to pick up Chapter 7. I just did a bunch of affinity missions and picked up HB, Yelv, Boze and Phog since I hadn't done that yet. That pretty much got me there, then I had to do another mission or two.

I consistently check the board and cash in any quests that I have the mats for in my pockets, I think I just powered through Story chaptes too quickly.
>>
If you feel like you have to grind in this game before the story is over, it's not the game for you.

I could not get enough of the exploration in this game. I genuinely was sad when it was over and I found most everything.
>>
File: image.png (267 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267 KB, 800x820
>>322581523
>exploring the world
>grinding

you're literally the worst kind of video game player.
>>
>>322583480
I've explored every inch of Primordia. I still don't have the proper mechanical levels to activate most of the probes. I'm running in circles killing shit so I can get that 15% scouting requirement to continue the story. This sucks cock.
>>
>>322583189
do you mean it shouldn't FEEL like a grind? Because you will need to grind at some point in the game.
>>
>>322583819
Certain missions help your survey rate by killing enemies in a particular hex. ayou should pretty much always roll missions from the board or find affinity missions instead of blind grinding.
>>
>>322584554
You are playimg the game wrong. During the story, there was never any necessity to grind. To progress trough the story there are no level requirements. You just have to do certain affinity missions.
Post game is were you actually need to be lvl 60 and farm some materials and armor.
>>
>>322584951
This is incorrect. You need to be level 30 to accept Chapter 7, and I think there was a lower level limit on Chapter 3 or 4, too, but I could be mistaken.
>>
>>322583819

You are a complete retard. Drop the game, you are too stupid to play it.
>>
>>322584951
ok see here's the thing, I accidentally started chapter 5 before doing a bunch of affinity missions so I had to grind the SHIT out of my characters before being able to beat those goddamn lv 26 ostrich mechs guarding the turrets.

so yeah, fucking retarded of them not to let you cancel story/affinity missions.
>>
>>322584951
>>322585240

There are level requirements, but if you ever have to grind to reach them you are doing it completely wrong.
>>
>>322585468
Im not him but fuck you dude

the game is not the most user friendly at all.
>>
>>322584951
You need to grind there's no way around it.
>>
>>322583098
>>322581523
If you know how to use soul voices correctly, it should keep your team alive against tougher enemies to the point you'll level up fast.

Also look for mid sized enemies because they'll net you the best XP. Giant sized ones will royally buttfuck you.
Also if you try to complete all the basic missions (outside of collectathons ones) and go out of your way to drop every probe you can while doing your best goat hopping impression traversing the map. You'll be at least lvl 30. Hell I was lvl 30 by the time I started Chapter 4 because I spent so much time exploring every nook and cranny. You can even make it 'ice' and fire areas too as long as you aren't instant killed by the high level monsters.
>>
File: 1429900524762.jpg (79 KB, 837x475) Image search: [Google]
1429900524762.jpg
79 KB, 837x475
>>322581523
>take mission
>get exp from anything you kill along the way, mission exp, blade points, affinity points, and any mission rewards all at the same time

gee that was hard
>>
AS FOR BLADE
>>
>>322585496
You didn't have to fight the pugiliths. You can sneak past them, and if you don't use AoE attacks (and you teammates don't fuck you over), you should be able to hit the turrets and advance the story.

Also, how are you struggling against pugiliths? Even at like level 20 or so, you should be more than enough to take them down. Make sure you're upgrading your skills, arts, and gear for the whole team. Also, check to make sure you keep an eye on your class. I'm pretty sure I was a galactic knight around that point, and the starfall combo fucked pugiliths six ways to Sunday.
>>
>>322585240
>>322585660
Oops my mistake then. I remember there are some level restrictions in some story missions. But i was always at the exact level so i didnt need to grind a single time during story, instead i went to do some affinity mission to get every requirement to progress, if was some levels behind, which wasnt that often, i did some affinity missions and a few quests i found along the away. Even if ther is a need to grind, it doesnt need to be that much. Just until you reach the required level.

>>322585496
Destroy their appendages. Click the right stick to lock on their appendages to make it easier. You also dont need to fight them just sneak past them. If you want to fight, then raise your arts and equip some skill, equipment and armor. What class are in?
>>
>>322581523
The only time I needed to actually grind was when the game made me get 1 heart of affinity with Gwin, because I disliked him and hadn't touched him at all up until that point.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.