[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this turn out? I was looking forward to it since I loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Destiny1[1].jpg (816 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Destiny1[1].jpg
816 KB, 1920x1200
How did this turn out? I was looking forward to it since I loved the original Halo trilogy but I didn't have a PS4 when it first came out so I never ended up getting it.
>>
>>322571484
Avoid at all costs
>>
>>322571484
it's shit, don't bother.
>>
>>322571484
It's good, but it has a lot of flaws that will have to be fixed over time. It's best you wait until everything is fixed
>>
>>322571674
It's been out for a while, how long do they need? Also, I thought their publishers were going to pretty aggressively push for a franchise, so might the sequel be announced for 2016 or 2017?
>>
>>322571484
It's the Avatar of video games. Take that as you like.

>>322571674
The devs would need to rebuild from the ground up to fix what is wrong, which won't happen as that would risk alienating the pathetic fanbase its already attracted.
>>
Everything that's wrong with video games under one title.

Fucking amazing flop.
>>
It's oddly addictive, but you don't really do anything. If you don't have people to raid and do dailies with then it's probably much less value for you.
>>
>>322574804
even with friends, you do the raid on hard mode 3 times a week (once per char) and the nightfall once a week if that (the rewards are shit)

the pvp is good, but if you want to pve (the only unique and interesting thing about this game) it will get boring quickly
>>
>>322574804
but whats the point of raids and dailies?
The world is boring and not fun to be in so there is no incentive to be a part of it.
The story and characters are shit so there is no reason to care about what you accomplish.
the abilities and character customization is the shallowest shit I have ever seen so you can't even revel in your personal awesomeness.
The death matches are also unbalanced as fuck so its more frustrating than fun.
The game took all the worst parts of a modern MMO and slapped them on a CoD game.
>>
>>322575618
That's why I got it on sale.
>>
I remember when this game came out and everybody bitched that it was an unfinished PoS.

It's been over a year and is it finished yet?
>>
>>322571484
I'm a campaign kind of gamer, and it's virtually undoable as a solo game. It's not "kind of" an MMO, it IS one. Don't go into it thinking it's going to be an enjoyable RPG with guns. It's a legit grind of a MMO FPS, and it's not even that fun. Nothing new. Nothing original. Tons of DLC. It's really something I'd avoid, if for no other reasons than out of sheer principle: you shouldn't have to pay for DLC that corrects a game's flaws like this one asks you to.
>>
>>322575867
Is the DLC really relevant to OP? He would obviously get Taken King which has everything.
>>
File: 1395716597462.jpg (4 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
1395716597462.jpg
4 KB, 201x251
>>322576061
He didn't mention it, so I did. Simple.
>>
>>322571484
It's come a long way from where it started, but it's still not quite worth your dollar.

What you need to understand is that if you want to actually enjoy this you'll need to continue buying the expansions as they come out, or wait for bundles to come along a year later like with the Taken King.

It's honestly got good gameplay, and the story is enjoyable space-fantasy where you fight a billion year-old insectoid lich king and his undead court.

Or a time travelling super intelligent AI network that expands its processing power by turning whole planets into machines for thought.

Or an imperial legion of 8 foot tall Walrus men that are basically Space Marines, right down to the fully automatic gyrojet grenade launchers and planet destroying might.

Or the fallen alien royalty-turned-space-pirates stripping any tech of value from the system before the Darkness comes to snuff the earth out for good.

For all that I cannot fucking stand the random loot, the grinding, or most of all, the fucking daily and weekly caps on how many Marks you can earn, there's something to enjoy in Destiny.

I just hope it finally gets to shine through under the veneer of cheap content padding and desperate lastability.
>>
OP here. From what I'm reading in this thread it is more MMO-like than I expected, so I think I will hold off. I was thinking of Borderlands+Halo but it sounds more like Halo+WoW.
>>
>>322571484
>reading about the shit development cycle the game had, all the delays and cut content and changes from the E3 build
>read about how the map builder or compiler or whatever was SO FUCKING BAD, aif they wanted to move a single fucking rock two inches to the right, they would load the map up the night beforeand work on it the next day because loading the map took 8 FUCKING HOURS

8 HOURS TO MOVE A ROCK, LET ALONE ANYTHING MORE COMPLICATED
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>322577027
It's pretty much the worst parts of both games smashed together and they somehow even managed to fuck that up with absolutely abysmal balance and "hurr durr must have gajalahorn or be Titan with protection spec". Literally if you didn't have that one legendary rocket launcher you were gimped as fuck in raids. Such a stupid development decision. I'll never buy an Activision/bungee game again as they've clearly shown how bad they are at developing decent titles.

>mfw Activision contracted bungee to make 5 games in the series with dlc spaced out and they've fucked off most of the community with the first title due to the above and a lack of content up to the first MAJOR dlc with a somewhat reasonable (but still scant) level of content which wasn't included in the season pass and costed as much as the original game did upon release
>>
>>322579108
>that pic
it's not even worth that price.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1aZwC3WAAM
>>
>>322579558
I took that today on the 4th of January in the year of our lord 2016. 10 days after Boxing Day sales. They're all sitting on the shelf, pre-owned, not selling at the boxing day price. I'd say the community agrees with you. I am ausfag so for murrican prices its equate to about $10 (not in terms of only dollars or the economy but also your lack of heavy import costs and taxation on games)
>>
>>322574191
>flop
man you are a giant fucking retard
>>
>>322580178
He's right though
>>
It was an actual awful game at launch. But the expansions have made it pretty mediocre.

PvP is awful though, the worst spawning system ever made coupled with the worst maps ever made coupled with awful weapon balance.
>>
>>322579836
Isn't that just the base version tho? Nobody buys that since you pay more buying the base game and the dlc separate than buying the ttk edition
>>
>>322580390
6.3 million sales in the first month and I don't know anyone who doesn't have it
not saying it's good, but you guys don't know what a flop means
>>
>>322580690
Do you know what the expenses were though?
>>
>>322580492
Yeah you're probably right actually. I have to hand it to hacktivision. They know nothing about making games, but they sure know how to sell them.

>>322574191
>>322580178
>>322580390
>generated $500 million in the first day of release
>DLCs are scant on content and would cost fuck all to make
>flop

I wish it flopped, but it didn't. Humans are slaves to advertising. Battery humans.
>>
>>322580737
All I have seen is 500m for 10 years and 4 games
>>
>>322580958
Is that sales for the company or just industry sales?
>>
>>322571484
Shit gameplay. Whenever you screw up and are close to death, engage headless chicken spastic dodge mode and you'll be OK.
>>
>>322581073
It sounds kind of silly if you describe it like that but you're right.
Just turtle for a few seconds and you're good to go again.
>>
File: 1448863281731s.jpg (8 KB, 228x227) Image search: [Google]
1448863281731s.jpg
8 KB, 228x227
>loved destiny
> got How dlc and liked trials
> taken king comes out
> it's okay I'll get it when I have the money for it which is in 1 months or 2.
> BUY TAKEN KING TO ACCESS MULTIPLAYER
>BUY TAKEN KING TO ACCESS TRIALS
>Can't access what I originally bought and spent money on

That's when I dropped destiny. I shouldn't be locked out of many multiplayer game modes and trials just because I didn't buy their expansion. It's complete bullshit and mmos do not even do this nor do other multiplayer games.
Then a few months later
>SPEND MONEY TO BUY EMOTES
>SPEND 30$ TO LEVEL UP YOUR CHARACTER TO LVL 25

It's going to only go down hill from here. I'll get destiny 10 when it comes out with all the dlc for 60$.
>>
>>322581962
>mmos don't lock people out of max level pvp if they aren't max lvl
what
also strike matchmaking is still usable
>>
>>322582915
Which pvp are you talking about? Trials or standard?
>>
There's no way this piece of shit will reach it's ten year goal, r-r-right?
>>
>>322583901
They already said they are not going to do the 10 years as originally planned after they fucked their own fans over with ttk. They said 7 years.
>>
>>322584051
I see. Left right before HoW, never looked back. Watch, that seven year plan will get cut down to five as they continue to defecate all over the dedicated playerbase.
>>
>>322580690
If everyone eats shit that doesnt mean its good.
>>
>>322584790
If literally everyone eats shit, theyre probably onto something.
>>
>>322584719
Curious why you left before how, I left because of ttk
>>
>>322585023
Honestly, employment opportunity in another state had me occupied.
>>
>>322574191
Nope thats Ryse or Order 1886

Destiny actually has some good aspects which you wouldn't know since you're just shitting on it because of the marketing and developers
>>
>>322585597
TTK certainly kept me from coming back though.
>>
The raids are fun.
The campaign missions are okay.
Crucible was good until they took out the big maps.

If you liked Halo, you will probably like this. If you like a challenge, and one that requires other competent people, you will probably like this.
Its not amazing. But I got my moneys worth.
>>
>Buy Legendary Edition
>Comes with some magic gem that instantly ranks you up to level 20
>Play story
>By end you should be level 40
>Join Iron Banner
>Get bullied cause muh Hammer of Sol fags everywhere
>Get Exotic loot cause loot system is random
>Laugh
>Tell everyone you bought Legendary Edition
>Laugh more as they rage even more
>>
>>322579108
That's simply not true.
The Hezen Vengegance works just fine as a substitute for the Gjallarhorn. As does most other legendary rockets.

Gun Slinger is objectively better than any sort of Titan for raids. Though Titan bubble can make up for bad players.
>>
Destiny 2 when?

I hope we cant transfer our warriors over. Or maybe for silver you can.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.