[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Witcher 3 destined to be a classic, seen in the future like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Witcher 3 GOTY.jpg (359 KB, 1586x1048) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 GOTY.jpg
359 KB, 1586x1048
Is Witcher 3 destined to be a classic, seen in the future like we see games like Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate 2?
>>
>>322570350
Probably, as long as they can improve the combat.
>>
Everything I've seen about the game makes it look like an absolute snoozefest. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
Nah.

The only reason this got a lot of game of the year awards is because the devs are nice people and because the frontrunners (Fallout 4, MGSV) ended up being disappointments.
>>
I agree that Witcher 3 deserved to win but how the fuck did Fallout 4 get more votes than MGSV and Bloodborne?
>>
>>322571241
Objective truth.
>>
>>322571078
Need more explosions and guns right?
>>
>>322571821
play it on deathmarch and turn off the points of interest on the map and witcher sense tips on the mini map
>>
>>322570350
Seeing as it's still being compared by every game I'd say the game is quite successful.
>That guy who kept making threads about how MGSV was better than Witcher 3
>threads about how Fallout 4 was better
>threads about how Xenoblade was better
>endless threads about how Bloodborne was better
>>
>>322570350
Definitely. Not because its some super amazing game, but because it was a competently made game with its own distinct personality that happened to be released in a relatively weak year for gaming.
It did a lot of things right and very few things wrong and I hope it drives other devs/pubs to aspire to at least the same level of quality.
>>
>>322571380
Fallout 4 has broader appeal, is the next game in a popular franchise and the next game from a popular studio and it was easier to access (not being ps4 exclusive).
I didn't like FO4, but normies seemed to love it.
>>
>>322570350
Witcher 1 one is some sort of classic already. Kinda. Its already 9 years old.
>>
>>322570350
I can't speak for BG2 but Torment is awful. Witcher 3 is already better than that turd. Witcher 3 is also not the best game of 2015.
>>
File: 1448926715410.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448926715410.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
>>322570350
Yes. It genuinely advanced the gaming industry and hit so many nails straight on the head.

Haters BTFO
>>
>>322571078
The dialogue is really good for a video game. That's about it.
>>
>>322570350
What a joke underale is better than all of these games combined
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.