[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would The Bible make a good video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 29
File: Your Life Manual.jpg (466 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
Your Life Manual.jpg
466 KB, 1536x1152
Would The Bible make a good video game?
>>
File: file.png (617 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
file.png
617 KB, 640x449
yeah
>>
>>322569451
No, the ending is already spoiled.
>>
>>322569451

Found the literal kiddo.

There was a huge line of Bible games in the late 80's and 90's.
>>
I would play a Jesus simulator.

Walk around and manage followers and if you get too much heat the Romans come and crucify you.
>>
>>322569451
No, there has not been any adaptation that is remotely entertaining or fun; in movies or books without it going the fantasy route (the irony).
>>
Would a game on the dictionary be good
>>
>>322569451

States:

Faith
Prayer
Peace
Joy
>>
Revelations would be a great setting for a game. Darksiders already did it.
>>
>>322569836
>caught by Jews and Romans
>automatic win
>>
>>322569451
I Imagine it would be a gta clone where you played as Jesus. It would have a non cannon Mormon dlc starring Joseph Smith.
>>
Speaking as a devout Christian, I'd say not really. Most of the Bible is either prophecy, genealogy, poetry, or letters. The books that are historical and/or recount events usually can be summed up as "Bad stuff goes down, God intervenes, automatically win"

So not really.
>>
>>322570560
>press x to die
>>
>>322570708
>Instead of "You Died" or "Game Over," the screen says "It is Finished"
>>
>>322570667
>"Bad stuff goes down, God intervenes, automatically win"
Games could take place while bad stuff goes down and end before god intervenes.
>>
>>322570232
You mean Scribblenauts?
>>
Why yes. It already has.

WHat other game can you play as a limbless jesus beating being condemned by pilatus?

Don't even remember the name of that game. The one form the same company of that prisoner simulator one.
>>
>>322570919
>Pay $5 to get God's help.
>>
>>322569451
Who says it would be limited to just the Bible? You got the other sources to draw from it too.
>Rabbinic Sages creating Golem (summoner)
>Christian Saints and their miracles (cleric)
I think I remember somewhere in the Talmud that even non-Christian "sorcerers" and sages used the name of Jesus for a variety of magic spells.
>>
>>322569609
And they were all trash.

There are plenty of decent biblical / Christian movies, which are entertaining enough even outside of their religious context, things that even a non-Christian could watch and enjoy: Cecil DeMille's The Ten Commandments, The Prince of Egypt, A Man for All Seasons, and so on. (These days it's mostly just clickbait cash-in shit like Heaven is for Real or that godawful movie where they kill the stereotyped atheist professor at the end)

With games there's just as much a stigma as there is with licensed content. The source material could be made into something decent but there's just too much risk involved in pissing someone off, and there's not a lot of room for creative license, but mostly it'd be difficult convincing anyone that it's any better than Super Noah's Ark 3D.
>>
>>322569451
>Last level
>You play as jesus
>Its like the microwave from Mgs4
>keep mashing X to carry the cross
>>
>>322571015
REKT
>>
The bible is pretty entertaining to read, but I don't think many of the stories would make for a good video game story. Maybe for an artsy fartsy movie-game.

There's not a lot of classical video game stuff going on in the bible
>>
To be fair, a lot of recent games have enough Jesus imagery to fill ten bibles.
>Talos Principle DLC: an all-powerful voice from the heavens who calls himself Elohim sends his prophet/messenger to Gehenna to redeem and rescue lost souls, who later becomes a sacrifice for their sins
>>
How about a game like Oregon Trail, except you're Moses guiding the Israelites through the desert?
>>
They're not being made because even if there's something good to be made, they would be associated with the masses of terrible educational christian video games which will make buyers ignore it and severely impact sales.
>>
File: 1443907490165.png (150 KB, 347x355) Image search: [Google]
1443907490165.png
150 KB, 347x355
Nidhogg, but with Jacob and an angel
>>
Not at all.
>>
>>322569451
Some stuff, like Samson, is Revengeance levels of crazy.
>>
>>322569451

A Heaven versus Hell RTS would be pretty cool
>>
>>322569451
>story of samson
>hack n slash genre
>have to cut of enemy hair to regain HP/strength
>Multiple endings
>>
>>322573092
There's an old 90's SimCity game called Afterlife where you build both heaven and hell simultaneously
>>
A game set in the Old Testament that plays something like Mount and Blade could be neat.
>>
Does Dante's Inferno count?
>>
David's conquest of the Levant would be pretty cool, Revelations would be fun.
Basically anything having to do with war would make for an interesting video game
>>
File: image.png (147 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 250x310
>>322569451
What canon is acceptable for you OP?
>>
>>322569451
>Jesus' torture
>yfw MGS torture mechanic
>spam button till you get cruicified
>>
>>322573452
The divine comedy us more like a fan fic really. Just like the Book of Mormon
>>
>>322573578
It's the Bible, there's only one canon.
>>
I'd play a game where you can whip Jews and throw chairs at them when they turn your dad's temple into a bank.
>>
>>322573504
Kite the chariots into the swamp where your squads of spearmen lie in wait.
>>
>>322569451
>not wanting a godhand beat em up with sanson
>>
>>322573751
>there is only one canon
No there isn't
>>
>>322573452
Dantes inferno is basically self insert fanfiction
>>
>>322573905
The Divine Comedy is *literally* self-insert fanfiction. It's about the writer himself being given a guided tour through the afterlife.
>>
>>322569451
Id like a click and choose style adventure game
>>
File: 0.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>322573732
>>322573905
>>322574423
>tfw peeople keep using it as a spot on representation of hell
>>
File: castles2.png (28 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
castles2.png
28 KB, 320x200
People are way too damned afraid of offending everyone, on the rare reference to any amount of religion it's usually a side character who alludes to it off-handedly.

Castles 2 had a pretty neat take. The Pope was one of the major players, and would constantly send ambassadors to extort you for money. Giving one gold would give one point of relationship.

You absolutely needed a good relationship with The Pope, if it fell below 2/9 at any point your kingdom is excommunicated, happiness falls to 1/9, your army (no matter how big) becomes almost entirely ineffective without any happiness, all other kingdoms refuse to deal with you and territories start revolting left and right. It's nearly impossible to recover, even if you donate enough gold to get back into the fold you're usually screwed at that point.

Also any player with a 7/9 relation with the Pope or higher is Blessed. Attacking a Blessed player will reduce one relation with the Pope on each attack. You can't see who's Blessed and who isn't without doing a lengthy council, so it's all too easy to send several attacks and get yourself excommunicated.

The Pope is also the one who eventually decides who to crown as king, but relation doesn't really matter toward that.
And there are a few side-stories related to the state of the Church in the 11th century as it was politically significant at that time.

I mean, it's kind-of backhanded (although undoubtedly accurate to some degree) but at least it's a fucking acknowledgment. Better at this point to have a semi-insulting half-portrayal than blatant erasure.
>>
File: 1431258059192.jpg (33 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1431258059192.jpg
33 KB, 358x358
>>322574720
>people who think sherlock holmes was a real person
>>
It hasn't yet.
>>
>>322574720
It's definitely the coolest representation of hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 320x240
>Age of Mythology expansion
>Add in Canaanite civilization
>One of the primary gods is the war god known as Yahweh.
>Choosing Him locks out all the other gods, goddesses, and myth units; however you have more God powers and can repeatedly use them even more
>Titan is both the Behemoth and Leviathan
>>
>>322574795
If its not triple a they wont care and if its simple like>>322574595 theyd dig it
>>
>>322569451
Undertale is better
>>
>>322569451
>Noah's Ark game
>you are Noah
>game would be like a dating sim, time management, simulation/strategy
>build a boat before skydaddy BTFO humanity with the flood
>get your kids laid so they can continue the human race
>gather food and animals, then feed animals, Harvest Moon-style
>tower defense mini-game a few days before the flood - stop degenerate humans from getting on the Ark
>multiple endings, depending on following factors: boat completion, acquisition of bitches, plants, animals, how many degenerates got on the ship
>can romance your sons' females - cuck sons
Yeah, you can make vidya out of stories in the bible
>>
>>322572517
Might be cool.
>>322571962
The best idea I could think of is an ancient era RTS.
>>
>>322571619
actually not a bad idea tbqh famicom
>>
>>322573318
Is it worth playing now? Sounds fun.
>>
>>322575416
I haven't heard anything about it aside from in an old computer magazine about twenty years ago, so my guess is no
>>
>>322569507
Wasn't this Wolfenstein 3D with a sprite swap or some shit?
>>
>>322569451
You'd get to Leviticus and just stop playing
It'd be
>that one level
x1000
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 310x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 310x239
A game that is based on the book of Revelation seems like the best one for artistic license; kind of like the Darksiders franchise.
>Play as the two prophets that will literally do battle with the antichrist
>>
>>322575092
>The picked china for the new expansion
>Not Abrahamic
>Not early paganism
>Not Native American
>Not aztec

Fucking why?
>>
Would you play a Song of Solomon H-game?
>>
>>322573751
>he doesn't know
Each different version of Christianity has its own canon, and there are entire books of the Bible not recognized as canon at all.
>>
>>322576205
Only if there is a harem option.
>>
>>322576128
El Shaddai has you playing as Enoch, but it's the Book of Enoch, not Revelations.
>>
>>322576205
Elaborate.
>>
>>322576494
>im-fucking-plying Solomon didn't have the haremest of harems
>>
File: Edgar-Cayce-deepest-readings.jpg (28 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Edgar-Cayce-deepest-readings.jpg
28 KB, 300x250
>>322573732
Jesus said "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country."
>an adage that has held true in every instance in history because men hate the light and seek the darkness.
>the only exception was Nostradamus, but he wasn't a prophet. He was a post-dictor (meaning his quatrains are meant to be viewed in hindsight because they are glimpses into various possible futures).
>Joseph Smith is American and worshiped in his country.

This being said, Mormons have a greater ideology about helping out your neighbor than some if not most Christian main denominations. They reach out to the poor and welcome them into their big fancy church, give you a Book of Mormon if you're interested, and if you need help, they all gather together to assist however they can.

What they teach about dying and becoming a god after death is also not entirely unfounded. The Bible tries to convey multiple times that we are gods in the making. From God saying "Let us make man in our image" to Jesus quoting Psalm's "Know ye not that ye are gods?" when accused of blasphemy.

The reason I don't go is I only believe the Bible and follow this guy when I have a question that I need elucidation on (Edgar Cayce). I can't believe in the Book of Mormon, because I've ascended past the need for that meat. So to speak.
>>
>>322569451
Diablo 1, and to some extent, D2/D2:LOD.

Until the Blizzard Juden (aka Blizzard South/Irvine) closed down Blizzard North, and went on to retcon the franchise' lore to remove almost all the Christian symbolism and shit with D3/D3:ROS.

Now, angels and demons come from two beings (Anu and Tathamet) that was once one being. It's just utter horseshit now.

Then you add the other shit they did:
- Cain got BTFO by the Butterfly Queen, because they need to erase Blizz North's legacy
- They made Tyrael black (aka Tyrone), because "muh diversity"
>fuck my lore up
>>
>>322576205
Oh god the protests
>>
>>322576540
Have you read it? It's usually placed right after Proverbs and Psalms, it's basically Solomon talking about how many ways he's going to tap dat ass
>>
>>322569507
http://store.steampowered.com/app/371180/
>>
>>322573751
Prottie detected
>>
>>322576676
>What they teach about dying and becoming a god after death is also not entirely unfounded. The Bible tries to convey multiple times that we are gods in the making. From God saying "Let us make man in our image" to Jesus quoting Psalm's "Know ye not that ye are gods?" when accused of blasphemy.

The Orthodox (and to a large extent, Catholics) still place a strong emphasis on Theosis though. Really only mainstream Protestants don't like it because it doesn't fit into the on/off "saved" switch model of salvation.
>>
File: 1425185735914.jpg (252 KB, 924x946) Image search: [Google]
1425185735914.jpg
252 KB, 924x946
>>322576128
>Google for saint enoch
>Saint Enoch, a patron saint of Glasgow, mother of Kentigern
>patron saint of Glasgow
>mother of Kentigern

Miracles of Elijah include God
> taking him up to heaven "by a whirlwind"

Enoch and Elijah are Samurai Jack and The Scotsman in my mind now.
Antichrist is Aku.
Bible just got 200x more awesome
>>
>>322576676
Joseph Smith was also exiled into the fucking desert admittedly, after being involved with a murder and later martyred by his country.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 223x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 223x199
>>322576205
>Letting your wives bully you to have their idols in the Temple of God you built
The Bad End is literally canon.
>>
>>322577095
he's referring to the OT prophet Enoch, not a Scottish saint.
>>
>>322577321
Shhhh, you're ruining the bible!
>>
>>322576691
Diablo never really had a full-on Christian theme. They had angels, demons, and had a couple of names and some things borrowed from various Christian mythology, but if you listen closely to the dialogue it's made absolutely clear that Abrahamic religion isn't directly involved. Presumably this allows them to go in whatever direction they want with the story without offending anyone.
>>
>>322576932
>on/off "saved" switch model of salvation
I don't really know about protestantism, care to explain what does this mean?
>>
Would it be western or japanese, because i can easily see nips doing a game based on the bible.
They also find nuns somewhat hot for some reason.
>>
>>322576676
>This being said, Mormons have a greater ideology about helping out your neighbor than some if not most Christian main denominations.
Didn't they bar admission of blacks at one point and demonize Native Americans and other brown people because they're supposedly evil? Their skin being brown is punishment.

And some Mormons still believe this, so they'd prefer to help people that are more like them (white). That's why Mormons are mostly white - they'd mostly admit whites.
>>
File: 1395781167033.jpg (1 MB, 2002x4091) Image search: [Google]
1395781167033.jpg
1 MB, 2002x4091
>>322569451

I always wanted an RTS focusing on the apocalypse with three factions - humans, demons and angels.

Demons have a shit ton of cheap low health units backed up by some very strong units.

Angels are individually the strongest but also more expensive.

Humans are the most numerous and weakest, but also the most versatile due to technology.
>>
>>322577483
I'll assume you're not American since these kinds of Evangelical Christians are everywhere here.

Basically they believe all you need to do in order to not go to Hell is to say some kind of Sinner's Prayer (the wording differs between churches), "accept Jesus into your heart", and BOOM, your name just got irreversibly written into the Book of Life. That's why they have those huge-ass Harvest crusades and other big events where they try to fill quotas by getting as many people to say that prayer as they can. Unfortunately with no real explanation other than "uhh... ok now read your Bible every day" most "converts" end up not really getting what they just did.

Orthodox(like me) and Catholics believe Christianity is a life lived for God and must be in a state of repentance and seeking God, but we get help from the Church that was placed here by Jesus starting with the Apostles (which allows us to receive grace through the Sacraments and so forth).
>>
>>322577390
D1 is closer than D3 will ever be
>>
>>322577961
Come to think of it, Castlevania is the only game I can think of which has a memorable Bible quote
>How... how could I have been so defeated?
>You were doomed the day you lost the ability to love.
>Ah... sarcasm. 'For what profit is it to a man to gain the world, but lose his soul?' ... Matthew 10:16, I believe.
>>
>>322569451
>>322570221

http://www.kongregate.com/games/AdultSwimGames/bible-fight?acomplete=bible
Bible Fight, bro.
>>
>>322578447
So StarCraft then? hehe

Humans = Terrans = versatile (sorta)
Angels = Protoss = expensive but strong units
Demons = Zerg = cheap and low health units with some strong units
>>
>>322578472
>I'll assume you're not American
And you would be right
Anyway i think i understand better now. thanks anon.
>>
File: 1355903857289.png (3 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1355903857289.png
3 KB, 142x138
>>322578871

I never played Starcraft.
>>
>>322569451
Only if you get to play as the various plagues, signs, disasters, and miracles. Sort of modified take on Katamari Damacy
>>
>>322571425
there was that one time Simon Peter and Simon Magus had a literal God-off in Rome
In fact, Magus was such a thorn in the Church's side, several cults are attributed to him and the sin of Simony is named after him, he'd be the perfect shitter for an early game antagonist.
>>
>>322576156
Too obscure for most people, while some are just "offensive".

>>322578447
Throw in some Space Squids from the abyss and you got yourself a deal
>>
>>322578472
I'm a Protestant and "getting saved" is asking the lord to forgive you of your sins and allowing the holy spirit into your heart to guide you, there is no set prair for it you can do it however you like. After that for the rest of your life all you need to do is love god with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself
>>
>>322571619
>Last level
>Not a boss rush of all the shit found in Book of Revelation
>>
>>322577095
Enoch isn't a saint, he's Christ in one of the dozens of incarnations from Adam to Jesus. That's why he doesn't die. In the book of Genesis and in the later genealogical record in Matthew(?), the Bible says "And He was not, for God took him." Why He took Enoch specifically, while former and latter Jesus incarnations died is a mystery I haven't looked into though. It might be that he is Noah's grandfather and to be spared from the flood though. Since he would still have been alive, and the punishment was only for everyone who was wicked and devolving back to animals.
>>
>>322579305
Another ex-protestant here (I'm the guy who posted the Edgar Cayce post), I went to a protestant church for one a half years before switching to Baptist, he generalized, but I think he's still on target. They don't ask you to say the Sinner's Prayer at your protestant church? I've been to two here, including one that calls itself non-denominational, and I was surprised the first time I heard it in another church. I said it for a year, before listening to my spirit and realizing there was something really wrong going on and stayed silent the remaining half year or so.

>>322578472
Could you elaborate on the term "Sacraments?" It's not something I've ever heard.
>>
>>322578417
They gave issues with race mixing servants if God with servants of Lucifer. The former is, if course white, the latter is everyone else.

I'm halfrican, so I am pure confused on this.

>bible as vidya

Let's see, it's loaded with violence, sex, wincest, etc. The Christian God wants everyone, including sinners, so I think it would, yes. It's loaded with content, much of which has been used for a lot of movies, books, etc.

So delivering his message by any means without misrepresenting his word(which in the latter half is all about love), seems like a good idea.

Just need developers to not fudge it. I've seen many games based on it, but the bible itself is too big and convoluted to make for one specific type of game. Hell, the story of Moses might make for a good roguelike. Nimrod, sim-tower. Lots of strategy and rpg potential.
>>
File: SMT2 metatron.jpg (99 KB, 662x772) Image search: [Google]
SMT2 metatron.jpg
99 KB, 662x772
>>322579432
Depending on the biblical canon you prescribe to, some books, specifically the extra-canonical Book of Enoch, describe Enoch as being taken to Heaven and becoming the heavenly scribe, the archangel Metatron, who is second only to God.

>Enoch, a pious teacher, scribe and leader of his people, is famed for the part he took in the tragedy of the fallen angels (see Watchers). Living during a time of great sins, around the flood, he had visited Heaven more than once. However, the time was ripe for a most significant trip. One night, two angels woke him up and commanded him to prepare for his journey. They took him on their wings, and showed him all the Heavens and their inhabitants, including a side trip to Paradise and to the place of punishment and torture of the sinners, which strangely enough was located not too far from paradise. He observed the activity of the sun and the moon, and made a visit of consolation to rebellious angels, the Grigori, succeeding in bringing them closer to God. After the tour, the great Angels Gabriel and Michael lead him straight to God's Throne.

>Sitting next to God, Enoch was instructed in wisdom, and using his skills as a scribe, prepared three hundred and sixty-six books. When he learned everything, a most significant thing happened. God revealed to him great secrets -- some of which are even kept secret from the angels! These included the secrets of Creation, the duration of time the world will survive, and what will happen after its demise. At the end of these discussions, Enoch returned to earth for a limited time, to instruct everyone, including his sons, in all he learned. After thirty days, the angels returned him to Heaven.
>>
>>322580167
Baptism, reconciliation, communion, confirmation, holy matrimony, holy orders, anointment of the sick. Basically either daily rites or rites of passage through life administered by the church intended to bring people closer to God.
>>
>>322579432
I can't even tell what heresy you believe here.
Apollinarism?
Pneumatomachian?
Nestorian?
Melchisedechian is the closest I can think of, but that's not it.
>>
>>322569451
It would be the most violent game ever.
>>
>>322576932
I didn't know that. It's been pretty wishy-washy the way I learned the differences in Christianity.

>>322578417
Don't know enough about Mormonism to know about those controversies, but I know there was some hubbub about gays recently. I mean, I suppose anything that deludes the Bible is going to have holes in its foundation, even if it stands close to the tenet of the Great Commandment.
>>
>>322580167
>Could you elaborate on the term "Sacraments?" It's not something I've ever heard.

Sure. Basically, since Orthodox believe that our church is the same one that was founded by Jesus Christ and the Apostles, we recognize its authority to carry out rites that confer God's grace to us. For example in Communion we partake in the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ. Basically the physical acts that the Apostolic Church has historically done and still does so that we may come close to God.

>>322580725
TV Tropes has a surprisingly good write-up on Christianity as a whole and differences between sects.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/Christianity
>>
File: Jesus-Would-Do.png (141 KB, 560x294) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Would-Do.png
141 KB, 560x294
Yes
>>
>>322569609
OP didn't ask whether the bible could make for a video game. He asked about a good bible video game.

Kill yourself, dumbass
>>
>>322580510
ebin
>>
>>322576376
Id argue that anything pre Christianity is pretty set, Jews got that shit down, anything after is more muddled
>>
>>322580394
Yes, I am well aware of all the non-canon associated with Enoch. The only canon I would trust in is the Book of Enoch as translated from the Dead Sea Scrolls though, since that was made by the Essenes whom Jesus was One of.

>>322580446
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

>>322580472
None. I'm simply a Christian who is a respecter of all religions. As the Source says, any denomination that worships ONE God is true and will be endowed with that kernel of truth that man needs to water to make self that greater channel of blessing unto himself and others. The latter of which is the only way to grow in power; be it of prayer, or psychic talents, whatever your personal ideal is that makes you individual.

He says that eventually all will call on the Name of Jesus to fine atonement, At-One-Ness with God, but it isn't something imperative we need to worry about. Nor labeling yourself under a religion, or sect, schism, or ism. What matters in life is that you follow the Great Commandment and develop your ideal. Finding what you're good at and doing it, while turning unto God in meditation and prayer, to develop the spiritual side of that ideal. In other words, how it fits to make this world a better place.
>>
>>322581220
except for when Alexander the great forced it all to be translated into greek, and the greek ended up having more books than the (later) retranslation into hebrew, and for some reason some of the greek books were removed from the Latin, but only protestants adopted the hebrew Old Testament.
Then their's the coptic, who added the egyptian popular canon onto the greek, so they have stuff like Enoch.
Also some pslams got melded together or thrown out
>>
>>322580813
Cool. Thanks again for the explanation. Bookmarking this too.
>>
>>322569451
The YOU Testament by M Dicky
>>
>>322569451
>The YOU Testament by M Dicky
http://www.mdickie.com/prev_youtestament.htm
>>
/v/
>>
>>322581918
it's to late to deal with this entire post.

You had a statement that Jesus incarnated and died as other people/prophets, but if you're a Christian, you must except that the Son is not separate from the Flesh, He had incarnated before, as to talk with Abraham, but it is some sort of Heresy other biblical figures where also Christ incarnate.
>>
File: Archon.jpg (102 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Archon.jpg
102 KB, 500x281
>>322569451

I want a dynasty warriors : bible heroes edition. Maybe throw in angels and demons for cuhrazy.

But darksiders has already covered pretty much all the judeo-christian mythology you're going to get in a game.
>>
>>322581220
The Jewish (Protestant) canon was set after Christ.
>>
>>322579240
Aztec would have been pretty rad. MAybe a mechanic where sacrificing your people powers up your titan.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 600x375
>>322569451
What about a game where you play as Jesus fighting through Hell to get the keys of death? You could talk to various sinner npcs on your journey for direction and fight fallen angels as you work your way through. Lucifer would be a presence hinted at throughout your journey and that he's returned from his conquests in the mortal world. Good end - you take keys of death for yourself. Bad end - you become ruler of Hell and the mortal world.
>>
>>322573905
>dante wrote his waifu into heaven
>>
>>322583868
What powers would Hell decended Jesus have?
A lite version of revelations Jesus?
>>
>>322584135
Not only that anon, he wrote his waifu and hinself acending into his divine grace.
He wrote that they got the maximun and eternal happiness.
>>
>>322584186
You'd essentially be an aspect of God warring against Himself. The implications are... Unpredictable.
>>
>Platformer starring the 12 deciples and Jessica Christy himself
>You're just another follower looking for a caravan of people to join
>You're tasked to keep track of all the rations to test your faith
>Style of gameplay like This War of Mine
>Very text heavy, using a lot of scripture during the time of Jesus being on Earth

I feel like it would make a very comfortable and emotional game if it was done right.
>>
>>322569451
Depending on what you mean you could say that half of JRPGs are already that
>>
>>322582579
>Jesus incarnated and died as other people/prophets, but if you're a Christian, you must except that the Son is not separate from the Flesh,
I'm not exactly sure on what you're saying.

I accept that Christ is One with us, as far as we make Him to be, and that we were endowed with the Holy Spirit, which also can be termed the "Christ-way." The ability in other words to be redeemed by God. Grow to Him, rather than away from Him, which is what happens by putting the desires of the flesh over the spirit.

>but it is some sort of Heresy other biblical figures where also Christ incarnate
I'm well aware of Christian reservations about this. But the Bible supports it.
>Jesus was the Second Adam.
>"And the Lord said unto my Lord, sit thou at my right hand until I make thine enemies thy footstool." This was David speaking to God, because David was the last incarnation before Jesus.
>Jesus is said to be "after the order of Melchizedek."

That's all I have on the Lord.
>>
File: BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg (30 KB, 263x381) Image search: [Google]
BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
30 KB, 263x381
>>322569451
It's been done.

And no, it's not a good game.

Noah's Ark is so-so, but David & Goliath becomes essentially impossible in the later levels, and Baby Moses starts out that way.
>>
>>322571619
>This plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOVkYAxHvkk
>>
>>322584584
This sounds cute and heretic.
I would try it but i don't know if it would make me feel guilt.
>>
What did he mean by this?

http://www.xvideos.com/video4214962/amazing_atheist
>>
Such a game doesn't exist
>>
>Open world action-RPG-y game
>divided into 5 chapters: Genesis, rest of Pentateuch, times of David & Solomon (the other kings are just action minigames), Jesus' sufferings (after obligatory playthrough of the 12 minor prophets), and Paul's acts and stuff (with Revelations being an abstract epilogue)
>each chapter has its different gimmicks (such as having to manage the kingdom as Solomon, or the prophets' levels mostly being on rails)
>spans over 2,000 years and four or five big locations so you can see eras changing over time
no time to finish, gotta work, shit
>>
>>322573170
>devil trigger equivalent is basically Samson going Super Saiyan 3
>>
File: eeeeeee.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeee.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
>>322570818

lel
>>
I want to play a cuhrazy game as Revelations Jesus toying with demons.
>>
>>322587459
>Jesus is voiced by Troy Baker and constantly cracks edgy one-liners
>>
>>322585154
I'm sad that I know what that is before clicking on it, but at least it means I don't have to click it.
>>
i can only see a serious bible game as a MGS style game

starring david hayter as Jesus
>>
File: BlueEyeKOSMOS3.jpg (29 KB, 460x270) Image search: [Google]
BlueEyeKOSMOS3.jpg
29 KB, 460x270
>>322569451
BIBLE VIDEO GAME YOU SAY?
>>
>>322586953
>Divine Trigger
>>
>>322588382
i can only imagine how that would sound with David's voice
>this is bread, it represents my body
>this... red LIQUUUUUUIIIIID represents my blood
>>
>>322569451
A good setting would be during the points leading up to the final battle of Armageddon.
>>
File: 1419442981508.png (11 KB, 116x135) Image search: [Google]
1419442981508.png
11 KB, 116x135
>>322569451
It already does.
>>
File: 1337717275004.jpg (188 KB, 897x1000) Image search: [Google]
1337717275004.jpg
188 KB, 897x1000
>>322590275
>game takes place during the final days of the apocalypse leading to the final battle of Armageddon
>follows the perspective of multiple characters seemingly following very different paths
>all their stories tie together to the final battle
>due to their different followings they fight
>all but one die
>player controls survivor as battle of Armageddon begins
>final objective: bare witness to the end
>>
>>322591151
What type of game would that be? First person, third person or something else?
>>
>>322573732
And Episode VII
>>
>>322577961
I want the Japanese version
>>
>>322569836
the last chapter of the game would be like a Heavenly Hatred the game, damn that would be beautiful to play
>>
it would have to be censored pretty much everywhere. shit's sick yo.
>>
>>322591309

Basically Dark Souls
>>
File: 81Z03cpTXkL._SX355_.jpg (36 KB, 355x318) Image search: [Google]
81Z03cpTXkL._SX355_.jpg
36 KB, 355x318
>>
>>322587459
what kind of crazy shit does jesus do in revelations?
>>
>TFW no badass Samson game made by platnium
>>
>>322569451
>you will never play a game about the apocalypse described in the bible
>never ever get to have crazy boss battles against the four horsemen
>>
>>322569451
If they included all the shit the church removed because it was too silly or you just ask platinum to make a samson game
>>
>>322569451
Samson Samson protect me
Raise your hammer for all to see
Blazing bright throughout the night
Keep me safe till morning light
Samson Samson protect me

Samson Samson protect me
Samson Samson protect me

James King foresaw the doom of all
His book predicting man's great fall
And bade brave men to light the way
For those who lived through judgement day
Then Mighty Samson found the book
And spread King's words to those forsook
With hammer high he took a stand
And brought salvation to this land
With the Hammer and the Book
This great world of sin he shook

And now we walk in Samson's train
And spread King's word across the plain
Our eyes are clear, our arms are strong
To help the right and smite the wrong
>>
>>322569451
Any game that starts with "I need to tell a story" tends to completely screw up the gameplay and is a fundamental misunderstanding of what a "game" is in the marketplace.
>>
File: MFW lucy.png (168 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MFW lucy.png
168 KB, 500x500
>>322569451
I guess?
>>
>>322593765
How would that work though? Wouldn't people be using modern weapons? Or would the Armageddon happen before our time?
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.